PDA

View Full Version : Alright after many tears.......

tommykat
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
I had to put Kaylea to sleep tonight....almost 15 years and my best friend is gone........I know many animal lovers are here. Please don't post anything harsh....Would someone downsize Kays picture for me and add it?
Thanks Kay for the best friend I had in almost 15 years~

alanm
04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear about that Kathy. I've been there many times and it's never easy to let go of a loved pet and family member.

Halfcan
04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear about that.

Dunit35
04-12-2006, 09:49 PM
sorry to hear about that.

I am going to be pretty upset when my chihauha (sp) dies. She is 12 years old and shows no signs of slowing down.

HemiEd
04-12-2006, 09:51 PM
That is to bad, sorry to hear about it.

chiefs4me
04-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Oh gosh TK, I am sorry to here about the loss of your pet..has someone sized the picture for you yet??

John_Locke
04-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I am sorry. I remember when we had to put the family dog down. I don't know who cried more the kids, the wife or me

Logical
04-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Not really an animal lover Kat, but I have deep sympathy for you. Here is to a quick emotional recovery.

nychief
04-12-2006, 09:59 PM
I am so sorry.

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Sorry for your loss, tk. Pets can be the best.

Hang in there.

cdcox
04-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Sorry for your loss. It's tough losing a pet.

tommykat
04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Oh gosh TK, I am sorry to here about the loss of your pet..has someone sized the picture for you yet??

no

chiefs4me
04-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Someone please resize the picture for TK

Archie Bunker
04-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Sorry to hear of your cat, when you have an animal that long it is almost like losing a member of the family. My dog Wally died 3 weeks ago, I had him for 18 years and the loss hit us all very hard.

tommykat
04-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear of your cat, when you have an animal that long it is almost like losing a member of the family. My dog Wally died 3 weeks ago, I had him for 18 years and the loss hit us all very hard.

She was a dog, but thanks....

kcfanintitanhell
04-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I hate to hear that...so sorry.
I have read stories about people in near-death experiences, crossing over to the afterlife and the first to greet them were their dogs and cats
that passed on before them...
There are some that say, because a pet's lifespan is so much shorter than ours, that if they have been loved they pave the way to heaven for their masters.
It's impossble to question the Grand Design in the discrepancy of lifespans between humans and four-leggeds, but fifteen years of love is a wonderful thing.
So sorry.

Skip Towne
04-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry, TK, I didn't know her like I did McKenzie but I'm sure she was special.

Dave Lane
04-12-2006, 10:17 PM
You might post the picture I'd be happy to resize it for you.

Dave

PS sorry to hear the news god that has to be tough...

PastorMikH
04-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear it Kat. She was the Sheltie, right?

Phobia
04-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I resized the picture for you and I posted it on the internet.

Condolences on your bitch.

BucEyedPea
04-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear....but ev'r notice there's always a new birth when there is a death?
Our gerbils had babies, and we never even noticed they were pregnant.
And our pupas have become...well butterflies.

stumppy
04-12-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm so sorry Kat. I'll be thinking about ya. Call me if you need anything.

Dartgod
04-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I understand how you are feeling.

kcfanintitanhell
04-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Kathy-if you might be looking for a support group, check out this website...
http://forums.ourdogsonline.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

a bunch of dog-lovin folks including me and my fiance.

big nasty kcnut
04-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Kathy sorry for your lost. i had a dog long ago when he died i never wanted a pet again.

mikey23545
04-13-2006, 04:08 AM
I'm so sorry Kat...

Pets have a special place inside our hearts...I guess almost all of us have lost pets at some time in our lives, and I know how much grief you must be feeling right now...

Time will heal what words cannot...

htismaqe
04-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Max has been gone for 6 months and it's still hard sometimes...he was there when nobody else was through a pretty dark period in my life.

Get another dog. Seriously.

Otter
04-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Sorry to hear it TK.

I think if you gave us the pics to re-size someone would do it for you pronto. Hang in there sweetness.

plbrdude
04-13-2006, 06:01 AM
sorry to hear about your loss. it doesn't take long for a pet to become part of the family and losing one is very tough. God Bless

Inspector
04-13-2006, 06:13 AM
My folks are elderly and found out a couple of weeks ago that their Saint Bernard had cancer. He was there life.

They had to put him down last week as he stopped eating.

My sympathies go out to you and I completely understand. It really is losing a family member.

cadmonkey
04-13-2006, 06:17 AM
When I was a kid I had two dogs, a female german shepard and a male shepard/lab mix. they we pretty much inseperatable. The male got sick and you could tell the female was very shock up about it. A week later he died. About 6 months later the female lost her will to live and just moped around. We finally had to put her sleep.

I had them since the day I was born. That was the hardest thing I ever had to go through.

I never wanted to get that close to a pet again. Unfortunatly I now have had a dog for 8 years now and have become close as hell to him. He lives with my mother so I don't get to see him all that often.

Its going to be really hard to let him go when its his time.

Sorry to hear about your loss tommykat.

Fire Me Boy!
04-13-2006, 06:20 AM
tommykat, send me the pic and I'll do it.

StcChief
04-13-2006, 06:53 AM
I'm Sorry to hear that, 15 years is good long life. Though

My lab pointer is 6 and I'm not looking forward to that day.

gblowfish
04-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi Kathy:
My heart goes out to you. It's the hardest thing about having pets. I've lost two of my favorite kitties in the last year. You have to remember that you gave them a great life, and that's all a family pet can want. All of us who have pets have to enjoy their love and companionship while they're here. When the time is right I'm sure there'll be a deserving dog or cat that needs a good home and will look to you for help. That's the way it usually works out. Hang in there. -GBlowfish-

Jenny Gump
04-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Sorry Kathy.

Dartgod
04-13-2006, 07:23 AM
This tears me up every time I read it, but the meaning within will help you heal your grief...

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Fire Me Boy!
04-13-2006, 08:44 AM
This tears me up every time I read it, but the meaning within will help you heal your grief...

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Author unknown...
:cuss: Bastard, I'm at work, here! :deevee:

mikey23545
04-13-2006, 10:27 AM
:cuss: Bastard, I'm at work, here! :deevee:
Thank God I came home for lunch and read that here instead of at work....

vailpass
04-13-2006, 10:30 AM

The Rainbow Bridge

Author unknown...

ROFL Run Forest, Run!!!! ROFL sorry but there is a pretty good Mad TV skit in here somewhere.

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2006, 10:36 AM
I hate putting dogs down. Sorry to hear it TK

luv
04-13-2006, 10:42 AM
I knew she was having problems, but I didn't know it was coming down to having to make that decision. Sorry to hear it.

Old Dog
04-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Here's another tearjerker (it's an old Dear Abby column I saved after we had to put our first husky to sleep in '97).

Dogs Don't Have Souls, Do They?

I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.

You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping. Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this is your territory.

Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you 're not watching."

As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by. When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging, just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you." You never had a bad day and I could always count on you to be there for me.

When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap looking for atention. You never asked for anything more than to have me pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.

As you got older you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up to me as if to say that you were old and tired and that after all of these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one favor.

With tears in my eyes, I dorve you one last time to the vet. One last time, you were lying next to me. For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital; perhaps it was your sense of pride.

As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say, "Thank you for taking care of me."

I thought, "No, thank you for taking care of me."

CoMoChief
04-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Ive had a schauzer, Sparky ever since I was in the 1st grade and his days are numbered now after 15 years, which is pretty old for a dog, especially a schauzer. I'm gonna miss him when he's gone.

Old Dog
04-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Condolences TK. Hope you have a quick healing process.

Dartgod
04-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Here's another tearjerker (it's an old Dear Abby column I saved after we had to put our first husky to sleep in '97).

I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.

You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping. Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this is your territory.

Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you 're not watching."

As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by. When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging, just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you." You never had a bad day and I could always count on you to be there for me.

When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap looking for atention. You never asked for anything more than to have me pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.

As you got older you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up to me as if to say that you were old and tired and that after all of these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one favor.

With tears in my eyes, I dorve you one last time to the vet. One last time, you were lying next to me. For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital; perhaps it was your sense of pride.

As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say, "Thank you for taking care of me."

Paybacks are a bitch...

:deevee:

Bill Lundberg
04-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Very sorry for your loss. I lost my boxer in Feb. I suggest you go out and get another one asap like we did. It makes the healing process alot faster and easier.

MOhillbilly
04-13-2006, 11:09 AM
thats sucks, but i have a puppy w/ Tks name on it thatll make the hurt go away.

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2006, 11:13 AM

Very Cool!!!! :clap:

Fire Me Boy!
04-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Geez, I have to stop reading this thread.

tk, very VERY sorry for your loss.

sedated
04-13-2006, 11:32 AM
50 posts and not 1 smart-ass remark.

I admire the Planet's restraint.

(I may not like it, but I admire it)

luv
04-13-2006, 11:40 AM

People have what's called sympathy and respect.

go bo
04-13-2006, 11:41 AM
sorry to hear of your loss...

over the years, i've lost several dogs that were my best friends...

each time, i wait a little while and then go back to the pound for another little buddy...

but for awhile, i just can't seem to let go...

it's tough, but you hang in there kathy...

Fire Me Boy!
04-13-2006, 11:44 AM

I know what will take the pain away for you... a bowl of antifreeze. Just chug it, sedated. It's sweet, you'll like it.

morphius
04-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Sorry for the loss of Kaylea TK.

Hydrae
04-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Just want to add my condolences as well.

Simplex3
04-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I've had to put down two dogs, they were both horrible experiences. Do yourself a favor and honor your lost loved one by heading to the pound and saving another.

KCKID58
04-13-2006, 12:40 PM
I had a cockatiel that died two days ago. Had that bird for over seven years , and she died right in my hands.
I feel for your loss my friend...

sedated
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I know what will take the pain away for you... a bowl of antifreeze. Just chug it, sedated. It's sweet, you'll like it.

I relieve my pain by putting dogs to sleep

vailpass
04-13-2006, 12:55 PM

Ahem...please see post #39 wherein the complete sappiness of these odes to dead animals is acknowledged.

Fire Me Boy!
04-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I relieve my pain by putting dogs to sleep
Show a little respect, man.

vailpass
04-13-2006, 01:04 PM
I had a cockatiel that died two days ago. Had that bird for over seven years , and she died right in my hands.
I feel for your loss my friend...

I had a chicken like that, died right in my hands. It took two or three good neck wringings but eventually the bastard died in my hands.
I thought we were close as I was picking him out of my teeth that night but I didn't fully experience the breadth and depth of all that bird had given me until the next morning as we said our last goodbyes at the porcelain altar of meals gone by.
I'll think of him every time I flush.

Dartgod
04-13-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll not quote the 'tard above me, only ask that if you have to be a smartass, please do it somewhere else.

sedated
04-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Show a little respect, man.

I got two words for you

Come Ooooooooooooooon...

KcMizzou
04-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Sorry to hear that, TK. It's never any fun to lose a pet.
:(

vailpass
04-13-2006, 01:20 PM
I'll not quote the 'tard above me, only ask that if you have to be a smartass, please do it somewhere else.

I'll quote the person below me:

"Come oooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

WTF did you expect? I'm only saddened it took so long to throw a little balance into this sappiness parade.

"Ode to Bambi" or whatever it's called is the most laughable piece of tripe I've ever read.

sedated
04-13-2006, 01:36 PM
yes, the hypocracy is suffocating

KcMizzou
04-13-2006, 01:38 PM
I can see where some might think it's sappy, but it sucks for Tk. No need to be a dick about it.

Why not leave it alone, rather than come in here and shit on her thread?

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
My 2 cents. I wouldn't talk smack when someone was hurting over a lost pet even if it was a cat and don't even like cats. That would even apply to meme.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2006, 01:45 PM
People have what's called sympathy and respect.

try a thread like this about the loss of a Cat and see what happens

vailpass
04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
I can see where some might think it's sappy, but it sucks for Tk. No need to be a dick about it.

Why not leave it alone, rather than come in here and shit on her thread?

'Cuz its the Planet baby and that's how you roll!!!

Although extremely few in number there are some subjects which are off-limits even here, in the rare instance that they occur I always show the proper respect.

Guess what: this subject is not off limits! There are some completely over-the-top statements and sappy ode-to-dead-spot-who-will-live-again-in-fairy-land posts which just HAVE to be goofed on. (no disrespect to the original poster intended).

KcMizzou
04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
try a thread like this about the loss of a Cat and see what happensWouldn't make a difference to me personally, but you have a point.

vailpass
04-13-2006, 01:48 PM
try a thread like this about the loss of a Cat and see what happens

G. Blowfish will mount his high horse then report you to the Dead Cat Protection and Love Society.

Simplex3
04-13-2006, 02:18 PM
yes, the hypocracy is suffocating
So is the stupidity. Try a spellchecker there Ace.

joesomebody
04-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I have a 9 month old golden retreiver, Max, that I've had since he was 6 weeks. Just recently he acquired an infection that required minor surgery and me leaving him overnight at the Vet... that alone made me think about losing him, so I can't imagine losing a pet you've had so long.

Max is my first dog, other than family dogs from when I was a kid. They really are like members of the family.

sedated
04-13-2006, 02:39 PM
So is the stupidity. Try a spellchecker there Ace.

Am I writing my f*cking senior thesis?

No, I'm spitting out a response to an internet post.

I care about my spelling about as much as I care about what going on at WPI. eh :shrug:

go talk sh!t on those hippacritz

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-13-2006, 02:57 PM
My neighbor lost two dogs yesterday.
One I got with the pickup.
The other I got with the .45

Sorry for your loss though.

Dartgod
04-13-2006, 02:58 PM
try a thread like this about the loss of a Cat and see what happensThere would be no difference. Sure, there is always an asshole or three who feel it is their job to be a dickhead, but I'm sure the vast majority of the posts would show sympathy and support.

A thread about a beloved pet that died and dead cat joke threads are apples and oranges.

EDIT: Revised my original post since we had another insensitive prick show up.

RedNFeisty
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Sorry to hear it TK, Kay can never be replaced, but perhaps you will find one that can come close.

FloridaMan88
04-13-2006, 03:14 PM
I had to put Kaylea to sleep tonight....almost 15 years and my best friend is gone........I know many animal lovers are here. Please don't post anything harsh....Would someone downsize Kays picture for me and add it?
Thanks Kay for the best friend I had in almost 15 years~

Sorry to hear that. This past weekend we had to put our family Golden Retriever of 11 years to sleep because she was suffering from kidney failure.

Amazing how attached you can get to a pet

Simplex3
04-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Am I writing my f*cking senior thesis?

No, I'm spitting out a response to an internet post.

I care about my spelling about as much as I care about what going on at <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>. eh :shrug:

go talk sh!t on those hippacritz
Like you made it to your senior year.

vailpass
04-13-2006, 03:34 PM
There would be no difference. Sure, there is always an asshole or three who feel it is their job to be a dickhead, but I'm sure the vast majority of the posts would show sympathy and support.

A thread about a beloved pet that died and dead cat joke threads are apples and oranges.

EDIT: Revised my original post since we had another insensitive prick show up.

Wow DG lighten up. You have always presented a healthy sense of humor in the past, why not now?

Are you mad because I LMFAO at the thought of good old fluffy rising from the wheelchair and running with me again, his flatulence replaced by adorable butterflies pouring out of his ass every time he breaks wind?

Dartgod
04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Wow DG lighten up. You have always presented a healthy sense of humor in the past, why not now?

Are you mad because I LMFAO at the thought of good old fluffy rising from the wheelchair and running with me again, his flatulence replaced by adorable butterflies pouring out of his ass every time he breaks wind?Yeah, I got a great sense of humor. This is the wrong thread for it however. It has nothing to your reply to my post.

vailpass
04-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I got a great sense of humor. This is the wrong thread for it however. It has nothing to your reply to my post.

Thank you so much for keeping up the decorum on this the most somber of sites. Forgive us who dare laugh when things become entirely too silly. Please smite us, punish us, and enflame our naughty bits in thine mercy.

Dartgod
04-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I can understand if you are not an animal person. Maybe you don't get it, when someone takes the loss of a pet so hard. I know there are people like that and I have no problem with it.

What I can't stand is someone of your ilk, swooping in and making insensitive remarks when TK specifically asked for that not to happen. You could have had the decency to at least offer your condolences before you started acting like a douche bag.

I'm not singling you out either. Sedated and Hog Farmer are just as guilty.

kcfanintitanhell
04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Thank you so much for keeping up the decorum on this the most somber of sites. Forgive us who dare laugh when things become entirely too silly. Please smite us, punish us, and enflame our naughty bits in thine mercy.

To each his own. But if I were you when I was crossing the Rainbow Bridge I'd make sure that the particularly large dog waiting for his master doesn't take a huge bite out of your celestial ass.

Fire Me Boy!
04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I can understand if you are not an animal person. Maybe you don't get it, when someone takes the loss of a pet so hard. I know there are people like that and I have no problem with it.

What I can't stand is someone of your ilk, swooping in and making insensitive remarks when TK specifically asked for that not to happen. You could have had the decency to at least offer your condolences before you started acting like a douche bag.

I'm not singling you out either. Sedated and Hog Farmer are just as guilty.
Rep for you.

Chiefsrocker
04-13-2006, 05:53 PM
I am deeply sorry at your loss. My wife and I have 3 dogs and have lost several to age and such. It isnt easy at all, and it doesnt get any easier. My wife suggested you visit www.petloss.com (http://www.petloss.com) and www.belief.net (http://www.belief.net). She has been on both after the loss of two dogs a coupke months ago. Be strong, the pain will go away. Always think of the good times, because an animal only wants to please it owners!

Adept Havelock
04-13-2006, 06:13 PM
My sympathies for your loss.

bogie
04-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I took my wifes dog to the vet when he had to be put down. I had only known him for a year but grew close to him. It was one of the most heart breaking things I've done. I took a pack of hot dogs with me and fed him while the vet injected him. His last few minutes were spectacular to him because he LOVED hotdogs. I'm sorry for your loss.

Rain Man
04-13-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm sure sorry to hear about it, tk. My pets are my favorite people.

You know what I mean.

Iowanian
04-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Sorry about your dog.

I hope I'm not the one who has to run the pooper scooper at Dartgod's Rainbow Bridge.

luv
04-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Rep for you.
I'll second that.

ck_IN
04-14-2006, 01:24 AM
My sympathies TK.

My wife and I consider our dog as our child. It was devastating when we lost the last one and it will be again with this one.

All I can offer is that time will heal.