PDA

View Full Version : Favorite adult cartoon?

RealSNR
04-12-2006, 11:30 PM
From the South Park vs. Family Guy thread...

I'm only leaving my favorites in the poll because I believe these are the only ones that really need to bother existing. Everything else can go to hell, but if you really have one that you like, post it in the other option.

VonneMarie
04-12-2006, 11:36 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2006/03/24/imageNY12703240132.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/12/23/Family_Guy_051223120021175_wideweb__300x246,1.jpg

That's it. Or, did you mean "adult" adult cartoons?

:D

Nzoner
04-12-2006, 11:38 PM
http://tinyurl.com/e69cj

Spicy McHaggis
04-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Futurama is severely underrated IMO. Around the time it came into existence the Simpsons began to suck too.

VonneMarie
04-12-2006, 11:41 PM
The Boondocks is freaking stupid.

Miles
Aqua Teen

RealSNR
I know there are Aqua Teen fans on this board.

It's the most original of all the cartoons on that list, and pretty much the entire industry. I dig it's shock value sense of humor... and its randomness.

So yeah, that's why it's up there.

|Zach|
04-13-2006, 12:18 AM
I lovvvveeee Aqua Teens.

ChiefsCountry
04-13-2006, 12:28 AM
You forgot King of the Hill. Its my 3rd favorite behind Family Guy and Simpsons.

onescrewleftuntwisted
04-13-2006, 12:32 AM
family guy, simpsons, robot chicken, and i get a kick out the the oblongs, and if in the mood aqua teens can be funny, boondocks is stupid, oh yeah don't for get the snorks

oaklandhater
04-13-2006, 03:15 AM
honorable mention should go to Venture Bros, Home movies and My personal favorite Stroker & Hoop.

StcChief
04-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Family Guy...I can see this eventually getting real old though.

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 05:27 AM
GO TEAM VENTURE!

The Simpsons/Futurama (they're the same ****ing cartoon)Mmm... no. Very different.

Braincase
04-13-2006, 05:33 AM
If I were the animated version of myself and I were single, unattached... I would love to slide upside Lois Puterschmidt. SHe seems rather "enthusiaistic".

Oh, and draw me with Chris' appendage, will ya?

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 05:46 AM
Brock Samson: "Honestly Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!"
Dean Venture: "It's weird, right?"
Brock Samson: "It's like he channels dead crazy people!"

Deberg_1990
04-13-2006, 06:16 AM
My favorite of all time is still Beavis and Butthead.

Eleazar
04-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Futurama sucks donkey balls.

DMAC
04-13-2006, 06:27 AM
I liked The Critic when it first came out, haven't seen it in a while though. If I can stay up late enough I will watch Aqua Teen though. I like the one where banner ads and pop-ups were popping up all over their house.

jspchief
04-13-2006, 06:33 AM
I have to say South Park. That show has grown on the same timeline as me, starting out with more immature humor that appealed to me at that age, and growing into a great political satire that appeals to me now.

Simpsons is solid, but nothing like it used to be. I still watch it when I come across it, but it's not Tivo worthy.

I have to admit I've seen very little of Family Guy, and never seen ATHF. I need to check both of them out.

DMAC
04-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Futurama sucks donkey balls.I watch it sometimes, but yes, you are right, it does. It is worse than The Simpsons right now, and that is BAD.

DJay23
04-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Used to love the Simpsons, now not so much.

I've only seen Futurama once or twice. I was already out of the Simpsons loop by that point.

Aqua Teen is awesome, but I've only watched them on borrowed DVD's. Still very funny.

Family Guy I've never had a taste for. I've tried, I just can't get into it. It's way too random. Half the show is sight gags. It's funny, but I never see connections I guess. I don't know, one of those things you just have to get or something.

South Park is my favorite. It's changed a lot from it's early days. Used to be more along the lines of "real life" problems for little kids, now it's totally off the wall, but I still find it funny.

Reaper16
04-13-2006, 08:47 AM
I guess out of these, South Park is my favorite.
I only saw like 2 episodes of The Boondocks tv series, but the comic strip is the best thing in newspapers.

HC_Chief
04-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Venture Brothers is the shiznite

shakesthecat
04-13-2006, 09:11 AM
I watch most of the usual suspects but I just recently started Tivoing Happy Tree Friends & Friends on G4. They're horrifically violent, yet still funny to my warped mind.

You can watch them here.

http://mondo.happytreefriends.com/watch_episodes/index.html#

Prolly NSFW, or anywhere else for that matter.

digi2fish
04-13-2006, 09:18 AM
no Beavis & Butthead?

Rain Man
04-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Neg rep for even insinuating, much less outright implying, that The Simpsons is the same as Futurama.

The Simpsons may go down in history as the best television show ever, cartoon or live. The Simpsons is quite simply the funniest TV show ever.

Rain Man
04-13-2006, 09:52 AM
I happened to see some cartoon the other day on the science fiction channel that intrigued me. It was a bunch of different creatures on a spaceship, and, quite honestly, it wasn't that good.

However, one thing that kept me laughing and watching was the one human character, a woman named Six.

http://www.theticket.com/girlontv/six.gif

Every time Six moved, her breasts wobbled and shook in a fashion that indicated that the animators spent more time on that than on everything else combined. They were fabulous, and every time she moved, I found myself just staring at them to watch their rhythmic, perfectly choreographed motion.

http://www.animationinsider.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/SIX.PNG

And then of course, partway through the episode, somebody had to slither through a very tight crawl space in the spaceship, and the only way to do it was for Six to get naked and oil herself up...it was all PG, of course, but my imagination is my largest sex organ. Well, there for while it was my second-largest, but usually it's the largest.

Sully
04-13-2006, 09:59 AM
The Oblongs is pretty funny.

BIG_DADDY
04-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I almost never watch them but when I do it is usually Beavis and Butthead, Southpark or even some old Ren and Stimpy reruns.

Fish
04-13-2006, 10:36 AM
No love for Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! ??

Actually I have never seen this ADD-inducing super fun action cartoon..... but f*ckin A...... with a name like that.......

Lzen
04-13-2006, 10:42 AM
ATHF for me. Shake is the funniest character. I turned it on last week and the wife says she can't stand that show. A few minutes later, I noticed her laughing at it. :hmmm:

I used to watch the Simpsons all the time. I still watch the Simpsons on occasion, although I haven't really watched it in the past couple years like I used to. I used to make sure I was at the TV on Sunday nights at 7pm.

I also used to watch Family Guy all the time. Family Guy has not been quite the same since they brought it back last year. Maybe it's just me but it seemed much more humorous in it's original 3 years than the new version.

I like Futurama and still watch it when I get the chance.

King Of The Hill is alright. However, I don't find it all that funny.

The Boondocks is stupid, IMO. I would slap that kid silly.

Fishpicker
04-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Samurai Champloo is my current fave. I like all the adult swim shows except Boondocks

Psyko Tek
04-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Go Team Venture

Rainman the cartoon is Tripping the Riff,
good stuff

HC_Chief
04-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Samurai Champloo is my current fave.

:thumb:

SC is by far the best anime on TV. The story lines are solid, the animation is outstanding, and the show is always entertaining. I'm a huge fan of this show.

Kclee
04-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Harvey Birdman.

Hammock Parties
04-13-2006, 11:44 AM
http://www.cinzo.com/images/duckman.jpg

Fish
04-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Any Sealab fans?

Hammock Parties
04-13-2006, 11:46 AM
http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/onehand/images/2004/oct25/cast.jpg

HC_Chief
04-13-2006, 11:49 AM
http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/onehand/images/2004/oct25/cast.jpg

Bullshit. NOBODY likes that dumbass show

Phobia
04-13-2006, 01:18 PM
I know I have a twisted sense of humor. By all rights I should love all these shows. I never got it. I wouldn't watch them on a salary. Seriously. I think I'd almost rather watch Dr. Phil.

Hammock Parties
04-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I know I have a twisted sense of humor. By all rights I should love all these shows. I never got it. I wouldn't watch them on a salary. Seriously. I think I'd almost rather watch Dr. Phil.

Your subconscious tells you you are above them.

RealSNR
04-13-2006, 01:39 PM
I know I have a twisted sense of humor. By all rights I should love all these shows. I never got it. I wouldn't watch them on a salary. Seriously. I think I'd almost rather watch Dr. Phil.Don't hate what you don't understand

Lzen
04-13-2006, 03:23 PM

Did you have a sex change?

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 03:30 PM
B&You could say that for lots of posts. The bad taste being expressed by so many in this thread is downright depressing. :shake:

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 03:33 PM
:thumb:

SC is by far the best anime on TV. The story lines are solid, the animation is outstanding, and the show is always entertaining. I'm a huge fan of this show.I'm more partial to FMA and GITS:SAC. Bebop was beyond amazing, and maybe my expectations were too high for Champloo, but it just never "grabbed" me like I thought it would. It's very good, don't get me wrong, and still makes me feel like Kenshin and CB had a baby, but I just can't get into it as much as I do FMA and GITS.

Speaking of recent (if a year ago is recent) Adult Swim anime series, Paranoia Agent was brilliant. Completely insane, but brillers. s-CRY-ed... meh. I gave up two episodes in.

greg63
04-13-2006, 03:35 PM
I cannot participate in your poll because it lacks the required obligatory Gaz option.

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Is there more than one episode of that? I've caught the same one a couple different times randomly on adult swim. I wondered if it was just the pilot... but, I didn't care enough to look it up.There are about 12 episodes. It's okay at times, but nothing special. It does deserve mad props for featuring a theme song by TMBG and pre-Cheap Seats SuperSklars, though.

But as far as short-lived shows that were part of the early Adult Swim nucleus go, Mission Hill is teh win.

Reaper16
04-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm more partial to FMA and GITS:SAC. Bebop was beyond amazing, and maybe my expectations were too high for Champloo, but it just never "grabbed" me like I thought it would. It's very good, don't get me wrong, and still makes me feel like Kenshin and CB had a baby, but I just can't get into it as much as I do FMA and GITS.

I never got into Champloo either. I loooove Bebop and Kenshin, (Kenshin is my fav anime - I've had the whole series on DVD in japanese since before Cartoon Network began airing it. Me and anime go way back) but I just don't watch SC. It's like me and my love of prog rock/metal but not liking Dream Theater.

oaklandhater
04-13-2006, 08:53 PM
outlaw Star owns all.

Chiefs Express
04-13-2006, 09:05 PM
That black and white Popeye cartoons were more adult than you could ever imagine.