PDA

View Full Version : Would you draft Lendale White?

recxjake
04-13-2006, 04:46 PM

Skip Towne
04-13-2006, 04:50 PM
A chiropractor is going to heal a torn hamstring? I wouldn't touch him.

Braincase
04-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Broncos want him... and I'm just so surprised that it was a Denver chiropractor that diagnosed and is treating the problem.

Sully
04-13-2006, 04:52 PM
A) I wouldn't draft him. He's shown to be a bit of a primadonna.
B) My biggest fear is that the Chiefs will draft him.

tk13
04-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Can it be any more obvious he's the guy the Broncos want? Really?

BigChiefFan
04-13-2006, 04:57 PM
We don't need to pick-a BACK-UP(on our team) with the 20th overall pick. We should get someone who could start on our team, which shouldn't be too hard to do on defense.

nychief
04-13-2006, 04:59 PM
LJ is not going anywhere and we have Jimmy Haynes.

Adept Havelock
04-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Would you draft Lendale White?

Into the military, maybe (and that's a serious maybe). On to the Chief's roster? No way.

Talk about wasting a draft pick...

CoMoChief
04-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I wont watch a Chiefs game this season if we drafted a ****ing Ron Dayne type RB with our first pick. First off I dont think the guy is first round talent.

KCfanfromNC
04-13-2006, 05:04 PM
if we drafted L. white in the first round, i would go to Home Depot, buy a rope and a ladder and end it all

Logical
04-13-2006, 05:07 PM
I am giving recxjake neg rep just because he mentioned this possiblity.:mad::cuss:

JBucc
04-13-2006, 05:32 PM
If I was on a team that had a late first round pick and needed a RB sure I would.

Jim Jones
04-13-2006, 05:33 PM
White is going to be the steal of the draft if he falls to round 2.

nychief
04-13-2006, 05:39 PM
White is going to be the steal of the draft if he falls to round 2.

I agree, he was playing heavier during the championship game than he is now - he is a ****ing load. 24 TDs is nothing to sniff at, not for the chiefs - but a steal for someone.

Taco John
04-13-2006, 05:43 PM
I hope we get him at 22.

jspchief
04-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Lendale White has done nothing but put on pounds since the end of the college season. He was a RB that was borderline too chubby anyway, and he's done nothing but gain weight.

One scout at the NFL combine said he needed a bra.

From everything I've heard, he's not making good impressions with the physical condition he's in. Now this injury is keeping him from doing private workouts. IMO, he's not going to be a first round pick.

nychief
04-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Lendale White has done nothing but put on pounds since the end of the college season.

PTI and Around the Horn guys where saying he has LOST weight since the big game. That the NFL guys just never realized how big he was. This is moot, we are not drafting him. We will draft a fullback somewhere though.

jspchief
04-13-2006, 05:48 PM
PTI and Around the Horn guys where saying he has LOST weight since the big game. That the NFL guys just never realized how big he was. This is moot, we are not drafting him. We will draft a fullback somewhere though.I've read several articles that said he's making a bad impression with his poor physical condition and he's quickly falling on draft boards.

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't be to upset if the Chiefs picked him at 20....http://random-m.com/images/2001223244_emot-what.gif

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
No, wait. I totally want a power back who can bench one more rep than the punter.

Taco John
04-13-2006, 06:06 PM
No, wait. I totally want a power back who can bench one more rep than the punter.

I'd be worried about his bench if he was being asked to run on his hands... Thankfully, he's able to use his legs instead.

Taco John
04-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Who can forget this moment in the National Championship game:

"And Leinart takes the snap. He steps back. He checks his wrist for benchpress numbers..."

jspchief
04-13-2006, 06:14 PM

"And Leinart takes the snap. He steps back. He checks his wrist for benchpress numbers..."I'm sure bench press isn't the most important skill for a football player. But considering the questions around the fitness of this guy, I think it's relevant. He may be fat and slow, but at least he's weak. Typically RBs are pretty strong for their size.

The more I read about him, the more I think he's a second round guy. Especially in this age of reduced value on the RB position.

Taco John
04-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Eh... I'd love to snag him in the first based on what I saw on the field. I don't get too wrapped up in combine and offseason workouts.

jspchief
04-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Eh... I'd love to snag him in the first based on what I saw on the field. I don't get too wrapped up in combine and offseason workouts. I don't think he'll be bad. But I don't think he'll be great either. When you're the 4th or 5th threat on an explosive offense, you tend to look better than you are.

I also don't think he fits Denver's running game.

the Talking Can
04-13-2006, 06:49 PM

"And Leinart takes the snap. He steps back. He checks his wrist for benchpress numbers..."

and who can forget this moment of shrewd judgement concerning running backs:

"...the Broncos take Maurice Clarett with their 3rd round draft pick..."

taco john: "Great pick!"

listopencil
04-13-2006, 06:55 PM
I'd rather the Broncos draft the best D-Lineman they can get, or that TE (Vernon Davis) if they can get get him and a D-Lineman with the second first rounder.

Mecca
04-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Lendale White has done nothing but put on pounds since the end of the college season. He was a RB that was borderline too chubby anyway, and he's done nothing but gain weight.

One scout at the NFL combine said he needed a bra.

From everything I've heard, he's not making good impressions with the physical condition he's in. Now this injury is keeping him from doing private workouts. IMO, he's not going to be a first round pick.

He put on 6lbs since the Rose Bowl........6lbs, That's not exactly packing on the pounds. By the way how does him being a little bigger have shit to do with how good he'll be? Jerome Bettis has a far worse body and always did, I'm sure he sucked........

Mecca
04-13-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm sure bench press isn't the most important skill for a football player. But considering the questions around the fitness of this guy, I think it's relevant. He may be fat and slow, but at least he's weak. Typically RBs are pretty strong for their size.

The more I read about him, the more I think he's a second round guy. Especially in this age of reduced value on the RB position.

He looked weak running over that vaunted Longhorns defense didn't he? Let's go ask everyones love child Michael Huff how weak Lendale is, he only got trucked by him 3 times.

jspchief
04-13-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm sure you have a real unbiased opinion on him Mecca.

Maybe he'll be the next Jerome Bettis. Then again, maybe he'll be the next Ron Dayne.

Personally, I don't think he has the feet or speed to be compared to Bettis. The only thing they have in common at this point is their waistline.

Mecca
04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Jerome Bettis has speed? Watch LenDale White play, flipping out about his body will make him suck is ridiculous. He is not Ron Dayne, he didn't play in an offense where he got stats because they gave him the ball 35 times. He played in a pro style offense and dominated even the best competition. The guy can play simple as that.

jspchief
04-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Jerome Bettis has speed? Watch LenDale White play, flipping out about his body will make him suck is ridiculous. He is not Ron Dayne, he didn't play in an offense where he got stats because they gave him the ball 35 times. He played in a pro style offense and dominated even the best competition. The guy can play simple as that.All the more reason to be concerned. He's never had to carry the load, and his poor conditioning makes you wonder if he'll be able to.

No one said it will make him suck. But I don't think it's unreasonable to think it will scare teams away from him either.

Mecca
04-13-2006, 07:23 PM
All the more reason to be concerned. He's never had to carry the load, and his poor conditioning makes you wonder if he'll be able to.

No one said it will make him suck. But I don't think it's unreasonable to think it will scare teams away from him either.

How his body looks and his conditioning are totally different things if you ask me. LenDale White is just a big guy, he's never going to have a six pack or look like a bodybuilder. That's his body type he's looked that way forever. There are people in this world that no matter how hard they work will have bad looking bodies, it's called genetics.

LenDale White does not and will never look like a greek god as far as his body goes. But the guy can play football extremely well, saying he's not conditioned is funny too considering he was the workhorse back for USC.

jspchief
04-13-2006, 07:29 PM
How his body looks and his conditioning are totally different things if you ask me. LenDale White is just a big guy, he's never going to have a six pack or look like a bodybuilder. That's his body type he's looked that way forever. There are people in this world that no matter how hard they work will have bad looking bodies, it's called genetics.

LenDale White does not and will never look like a greek god as far as his body goes. But the guy can play football extremely well, saying he's not conditioned is funny too considering he was the workhorse back for USC.The workhorse? Didn't he average only about 15 carries per game? Not exactly shouldering the load.

I guess we'll see come draft day. IMO, he'll be late 1st at best, and very well could drop to the second round.

penchief
04-14-2006, 05:52 PM
IMO, the reason the Broncos are interested in Lendale White is due to their recently acquired LJ envy. The Broncs left Arrowhead last year thinking, "if we had a running back like LJ nobody would want to tackle his ass, either."

I think LJ is a major reason that Shanahan is looking at White as his next feature back.

Come to think of it.....LJ running the ball in Denver's offense would be a lethal combination.

Spicy McHaggis
04-14-2006, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't be to upset if the Chiefs picked him at 20...

I would be plenty upset for both of us. If we needed a back-up running back that badly we should have pursued one in FA. It wasn't a terrible crop exactly this year. Of course I'm discounting the leverage Carl will need to renogotiate LJ's contract so it's probably very possible we would draft White at 20.

(My shameless draft plug; Take Taurean Henderson RB Texas Tech in the 6th Round)

Mecca
04-14-2006, 09:21 PM
White's also from the Denver area so that could have some factor in it.