PDA

View Full Version : UFC 59 : Reality Check

KC_John
04-15-2006, 11:09 AM
So how do you all think this is going to go down tonight? Two notable fights ill mention but the others are gonna be decent also.

Tito Ortiz VS Forest Griffin
Andrei Arlovski VS Tim Sylvia

These 2 fights should be huge.
My Predictions Tito beats Forest,even thoo I like Forest alot I think Tito just has the experience and intensity Forest has never seen. Andrei beats Tim in a long fight,maybe even goes the distance. Your thoughts?
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=159

Simplex3
04-15-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm hoping Griffin kicks Tito's ass. Either a very early 1st round knockout or a full-length beating.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Ive been watching some old Tito matches all day...Griffin is gonna get buried me thinks...Tito is one tough SOB. This fight has me all stoked cuz this is like 2 of my favorite fighters going at it haha. C'mon Forest take it to him!!! Dam I cant choose a favorite lol

ChiefsFanatic
04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Ive been watching some old Tito matches all day...Griffin is gonna get buried me thinks...Tito is one tough SOB. This fight has me all stoked cuz this is like 2 of my favorite fighters going at it haha. C'mon Forest take it to him!!! Dam I cant choose a favorite lol

Did you see the fight where Chuck made him look like a scared little bitch?

I bet they didn't show that one.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Did you see the fight where Chuck made him look like a scared little bitch?

I bet they didn't show that one.
yea i watched that one just a bit ago..also the Coulture, and a few others. I have been downloading the fights myself off of Limewire.

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm excited for AA to pwn Sylvia again. Hoping for a KO but I won't complain if its an exciting standup battle that goes the distance.

Griffin and Tito will probably be a pretty good match because its the two biggest faces the UFC has ever had fighting each other.

Monson and Cruz will be a great fight, don't miss that one. I think Monson by TKO because of his badasserness on the ground and experience.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm excited for AA to pwn Sylvia again. Hoping for a KO but I won't complain if its an exciting standup battle that goes the distance.

Griffin and Tito will probably be a pretty good match because its the two biggest faces the UFC has ever had fighting each other.

Monson and Cruz will be a great fight, don't miss that one. I think Monson by TKO because of his badasserness on the ground and experience.

Monson is built like a monster haha..i still can see the guy twitching from his last fight and he choked him out.

Eleazar
04-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Andrei is the baddest man on the planet. They shouldn't even let him at other people. He's a menace to society. It's like they are running these guys into the octagon with a grizzly bear or something. Ask Buentello - if he can speak again yet.

teedubya
04-15-2006, 03:35 PM
What would be a couple classic ones to download? Im out of the loop on this shit too. :-(

Eleazar
04-15-2006, 03:38 PM
What would be a couple classic ones to download? Im out of the loop on this shit too. :-(

You can watch some stuff at www.ufc.tv. All the events come out on DVD too.

scorpio
04-15-2006, 03:44 PM

Watch the Ortiz/Frank Shamrock fight from UFC 22, you should be able to find it on mininova. Tito dominated the first half of the fight while Shamrock just absorbed blows. Eventually Tito tires out and Shamrock, who has superior cardiovascular conditioning, takes control and just starts tee'ing off on him. It's a thing of beauty.

This was actually a turning point in Tito's career and what inspired him to become such a cardio freak.

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Check spike tv during the week for a show called UFC Unleashed. It's basically 4 great fights from 2001-current (When Dana White and the Fertitta bros bought out Zuffa). They usually have theme shows for upcoming PPV's that have the fighters' previous matches.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 04:45 PM
I used to love watching Tank go at it. I wish he would make a comeback. I dunno how old he is now or even if he still competes? When UFC had the 8 man Tournements ,no wieght classes ect that had to be rough on those guys fighting 2-3 times in a night. Wish they would have a one night special event 8-man tourney no hold bar super high stakes prize and get the best 8 fighters to throw down. Iceman, Richland, Hughes, Andrie(pitbull),Gracie,Tito just to name a few off the top of my head. It'll never happen but it would be freakin huge and exciting. LOL

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 04:54 PM
The only problem with that is it would be illegal for them now. Nevada sanctions prohibit them from having fighters with such big weight differences from fighting each other and forget about no-holds barred.

scorpio
04-15-2006, 04:57 PM
The only problem with that is it would be illegal for them now. Nevada sanctions prohibit them from having fighters with such big weight differences from fighting each other and forget about no-holds barred.

Check out the "Pride Open Weight Grand Prix" coming soon (in Japan).

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Yes, I'm stoked about the Absolute GP. But it's a little rediculous to say "Open-weight" when it really means 205-and-up.

I'm also looking forward to their 16man Welterweight tourney for the Bushido series.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 08:14 PM
And it begins!!!

ChiefsFanatic
04-15-2006, 09:15 PM
And it begins!!!

Updates would be nice.
:drool:

chop
04-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Good fight between Tito and Forest!

chop
Time for the judgement.

chop
split decision.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 09:31 PM
I disagree with the decision..i thought forest controlled the last 2 rounds, even with the last take down forest was banging from the bottom and got out. Boooooo

chop
04-15-2006, 09:32 PM
I thought Forest won the last two rounds. I thought Tito dominated the first.

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Forrest, even in a loss comes out on top of this one because he is such a great character. Even Tito had some class tonight.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 09:38 PM
I thought Forest won the last two rounds. I thought Tito dominated the first.

Yea Tito destroyed Forest the first round lol omg i was so fired up when Forest made the strong come back.This was a dam good fight, and Forest showed people he is not someone to look over. He won the last 2 rounds imho.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Forrest, even in a loss comes out on top of this one because he is such a great character. Even Tito had some class tonight.
Yea Tito has, even if you have been watching the Ultimate Fighter 3 he has been the better coach and been there for his fighters showing he cares and is there to better them. I love his bad boy persona in the ring , it makes it exciting. Go Forest...Go Tito!!! Thank you for the awesome fight!

chop
04-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Sherk vs. Diaz is an ok fight. Sylvia vs. Arlovski is next.

chop
04-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Sherk defeats Diaz

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 10:14 PM
No surprise. He was outstruck despite a huge reach/height advantage. Back to WEC for Diaz, as I think thats the last fight on his UFC contract.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Diaz had good ground defense and take down defense, being that he is only 22, he has a bright future ahead of him barring major injury. Train Boy Train.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 10:27 PM
OMFG Sylvia knocks out Andrei after almost being knocked out himself .HAHAHA

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Wow, AA was pwned by the corral punch. That was sick.

chop
04-15-2006, 10:32 PM
I thought Sylvia was a goner. Then just as soon as Sylvia was hurt Arlovski gets caught trying to finish him off.

KC_John
04-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Good Night of UFC I was pleasently surprised of Forest's ability to hang with Tito and even perhaps being slighted in the decision. Also. Sylvia's TKO of Andrei was crazy after almost being lights out himself(did anyone else see Andrei look for the leg when Tim went down, like how he ended it the first time). Good Fights!

Valiant
04-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I know I almost one one dollar for betting that slyvia would knock out Andrei in the first two minutes of the 1st round, everybody thought i crazy... Lucky me, and lucky them as it took slightly more then two minutes...

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2006, 11:29 PM
the main event sucked they shouldn't be so quick to call it

Simplex3
04-15-2006, 11:30 PM
the main event sucked they shouldn't be so quick to call it
Yeah, they should wait for someone to get seriously and permanantly hurt in the ring. That would be way better.

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, they should wait for someone to get seriously and permanantly hurt in the ring. That would be way better.
i thought he still had his hand up defending the blows...its not like he was knocked out

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2006, 11:34 PM
im already ready for arlofski silvia part 3 maybee it will last longer than one round

Fishpicker
04-15-2006, 11:35 PM
i thought he still had his hand up defending the blows...its not like he was knocked out

he was out. he turned his head away. there's no defending yourself if you cant see the incoming blows.

Freekofnature
04-15-2006, 11:36 PM
He was getting owned.

That hand raising was Andre saying "Daddy please stop hurting me."

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2006, 11:39 PM
i still don't know what happened....arlofski shoulda owned hiim

Simplex3
04-15-2006, 11:42 PM
i still don't know what happened....arlofski shoulda owned hiim
That camp in Iowa produces some tough muthers. I don't think you can safely say one of them will lose, ever.

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2006, 11:44 PM
That camp in Iowa produces some tough muthers. I don't think you can safely say one of them will lose, ever.
i guess your right i thought arlosfski and tito would dominate tonight...how wrong was i?

Simplex3
04-15-2006, 11:47 PM
i guess your right i thought arlosfski and tito would dominate tonight...how wrong was i?
Now that Ortiz is getting his head screwed on right he seems to be back. The problem is now he's getting old. He wasted his best years being a d**k.

Freekofnature
04-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Andrei just doesn't have the chin to leave himself open much.

And Tim has reach and KO power.

When it connects, bam.

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Arlovski walked into the punch that KOed him because he saw Tim hurt and came in with his hands down.

AA was done, he took 5 clean shots face down with his hand barely protecting his face. Good stoppage imo.

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Now that Ortiz is getting his head screwed on right he seems to be back. The problem is now he's getting old. He wasted his best years being a d**k.
i hope shamrock waxes that ass

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Arlovski walked into the punch that KOed him because he saw Tim hurt and came in with his hands down.

AA was done, he took 5 clean shots face down with his hand barely protecting his face. Good stoppage imo.
how long do we have to wait for the rematch? do we have to give jeff monson a shot he will get his ass whooped by silvia.

Simplex3
04-15-2006, 11:52 PM
i hope shamrock waxes that ass
I've been a big fan of the Ultimate Fighter series, but the first two episodes this year are ruined by Ortiz and Shamrock. Neither of those guys is likeable. Of course how do you follow up Couture/Lidell and Hughes/Franklin? The Ultimate Fighter series is going to do wonders for the UFC, though. Putting some guys like Griffin in the sport will keep them from becoming the WWE.

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I've been a big fan of the Ultimate Fighter series, but the first two episodes this year are ruined by Ortiz and Shamrock. Neither of those guys is likeable. Of course how do you follow up Couture/Lidell and Hughes/Franklin? The Ultimate Fighter series is going to do wonders for the UFC, though. Putting some guys like Griffin in the sport will keep them from becoming the WWE.
what do you mean? i love shamrock i have since he was young and kicking ass

TrickyNicky
04-15-2006, 11:55 PM
how long do we have to wait for the rematch? do we have to give jeff monson a shot he will get his ass whooped by silvia.
I don't think you'll see Monson in the title fight anytime soon. I don't think he will get a push by the management. I think it's up to Mir to come back and fight Sylvia. While Arlovski will go 1 fight against an up-and-comer HW like Vera or maybe even Assuerio Silva.

Simplex3
04-16-2006, 12:01 AM
what do you mean? i love shamrock i have since he was young and kicking ass
He's coming off as a real dumbass on the show. I'd still like to see him clobber Ortiz, though.

Freekofnature
04-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Tito will destroy Shamrock.

Not because I like Tito, but man Shamrock is really old.

I can't imagine Shamrock keeping up with Tito at all.

TrickyNicky
04-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Shamrock on two bum knees, shot cardio from the wrestling years of using "enhancements," and the absolute non-desire to learn Brazilian Jiu-jitsu all practically lock Ortiz in for the win.

Simplex3
04-16-2006, 12:18 AM

Tito's no spring chicken anymore either. I'm betting this close call with Griffin will get him motivated against Shamrock who is going to have a hard enough fight against Father Time just to get to the fight.

scorpio
04-16-2006, 12:39 AM

They are saying on Sherdog that Tito has a torn ACL and a herniated disc. If that's true, he's not fighting anyone for a long time, might even be career-ending.

TrickyNicky
04-16-2006, 12:45 AM
No wonder Tito's shot went from explosive to pathetic after one round... A torn ACL and the disc are very debillitating for an office worker, forget an actual fighter. Props to Tito for sucking it up though

Valiant
04-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Shamrock on two bum knees, shot cardio from the wrestling years of using "enhancements," and the absolute non-desire to learn Brazilian Jiu-jitsu all practically lock Ortiz in for the win.

Are you kidding, unless tito can come on twice as strong as his bout with forrest he will lose...

Fishpicker
04-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Are you kidding, unless tito can come on twice as strong as his bout with forrest he will lose...

lose to shamrock? did you see thier last fight? Tito dominated. Ken didnt even manage to challenge Tito standing up. the fight was completely one sided. Tito didnt bother to go for a submission because he was content with pounding on Ken for as long as he could.

in T.U.F. why did Ken bring a nutritionist instead of a jujitsu coach? subs
used to be Ken's forte but that was the old shoot-fight style. modern MMA fighters are too smart to be caught in ankle locks and toe-holds. (the obvious exception being fighters that wear shoes)

Eleazar
04-16-2006, 02:12 AM
Arrrghh I jinxed Andrei... :banghead:

big nasty kcnut
04-16-2006, 03:17 AM
Oh damn tim sylvia won.

ArrowheadHawk
04-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Arrrghh I jinxed Andrei... :banghead:
damn you

KC_John
04-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Tito should of lost to Forest. He won the first round easily, but the last 2 rounds went to Forest IMHO. Shamrock is old, but I would like to see him and Tito go at it. I think Tito would own him again thoo. Forest and Bonnar will prolly go at it in a hyped rematch..I think Forest will mess him up fairly fast and it wont even compare to there debut match.

I still dont think we have seen the last of Coulture...he is at the events in people corners. I think Dana and company will eventually throo alot of money at him somewhere down the line to try and get him to compete against a bigtime name.

Sylvia will lose his rematch to Andrei...if he keeps the title that long. Frank Mir looked horrid in his return match, he has a long way togo to get back where he was, even if its possible.

Right now I think the most exciting wieght class is Matt Hughes, JSP, BJ Penn. I cant wait to see JSP to get his title shot against Hughes. I think Gracie submits Hughes at UFC 60.

Rich Franklin atm has no competition I know of that can beat him.
Chuck Lidell atm has no competition I know of that can beat him.
These 2 should fight.

Ill stop rambling now.

Eleazar
04-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh damn tim sylvia won.

After Andrei laid him out I thought it was over. But he looked like he got a little careless and Silvia just caught him on the chin with a punch as he stumbled. Andrei will win the rematch.

scorpio
04-16-2006, 11:15 AM
After Andrei laid him out I thought it was over. But he looked like he got a little careless and Silvia just caught him on the chin with a punch as he stumbled. Andrei will win the rematch.

Andrei falls apart when things don't go according to plan. He was calm and composed and working the plan until he watched Tim get up from what should have been a knockout shot. After that you could see him get over-aggressive and just start rushing Silva, who promptly knocked him the F out.

scorpio
04-16-2006, 11:16 AM
oops

ChiefsFanatic
04-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Oh damn tim sylvia won.

Wow. This sentence is only missing a comma and capitalization.

ROFL

It's all in good fun. Everyone seems so confident that AA will win a rematch, but everyone was confident that AA would win this fight, too. A rubber match is definately in order now.

Freekofnature
04-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Andrei fell apart because that sloppy punch he threw like a mile away from.

Andrei overextended and Tim just tagged him on the chin.

ANd when a 260 pound man is on your back punching you in the head while you are dazed you ain't coming back up.

Valiant
04-16-2006, 03:10 PM
lose to shamrock? did you see thier last fight? Tito dominated. Ken didnt even manage to challenge Tito standing up. the fight was completely one sided. Tito didnt bother to go for a submission because he was content with pounding on Ken for as long as he could.

in T.U.F. why did Ken bring a nutritionist instead of a jujitsu coach? subs
used to be Ken's forte but that was the old shoot-fight style. modern MMA fighters are too smart to be caught in ankle locks and toe-holds. (the obvious exception being fighters that wear shoes)

Thats just like saying Sylvia had no chance to win last night.. Tito look like complete crap and should have lost last night to a total underdog, Tito is no longer at the top of his game, and Shamrock has a really good chance of beating the shit out of him... They are both older and past there game and past fights mean nothing...

Eleazar
04-16-2006, 03:13 PM
I thought they said in the recap that tito had damaged his knee and is going to be out for.. 8 or 9 months? Anybody else hear that? It could explain why he was tenative after bouncing Franklin's head like a basketball in the first round.

TrickyNicky
04-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Tito has a torn ACL on top of the strain he already had as well as a herniated disc. Very doubtful if he will fight at the TUF finale against Shamrock.

Over-Head
04-16-2006, 03:30 PM
I used to love watching Tank go at it. I wish he would make a comeback.He did, I saw it the other night, it was over with an ankle lock on him less than 30 seconds into the match.

Tito, and Shamrock:
Tito is more than likely gonna pound the snot out of Ken again.

Silva is something else to watch.
He looks slow and cumbersome, then BAMMMM out of no where he’ll drop ya.

Gracie and Hughs should be the match of the century, as long as Hughes can keep from getting gift wrapped by Gracie.
One of the greatest "escapes" I ever saw was Gracie vs Dan Severn. Dan had the match won 3 ways to Sunday then all the sudden Gracie who’s wrapped up like a freaken pretzel underneath one of Dan’s submission attempts, takes and choke’s the guy out somehow. Severn Taps, and it’s over. I rewound the tap about 20 times to see how the frig he did it.

Freekofnature
04-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Gracie is going to get tooled by Hughes.

This ain't the 1993 anymore.

burt
04-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Kinda funny how 13 years can change a sport....... Not to mention changing a man....