PDA

View Full Version : Something I thought went "out" with the turn of the century...

luv
04-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Lowrider trucks that have bass pouring out of them.

Are they really annoying because they're out of "style", or just because I'm getting old?

JBucc
04-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Plus they're completely impractical.

morphius
04-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Probably because you are getting old. Though Bass levels have gone down over the years with every city outlowing those systems.

Adept Havelock
04-15-2006, 07:47 PM

Are they really annoying because they're out of "style", or just because I'm getting old?

Both??

Skip Towne
04-15-2006, 07:50 PM
No doubt, you're getting old. Been there, done that.

luv
04-15-2006, 08:13 PM
But....but....I'm not even 30 yet! :deevee:

KcMizzou
04-15-2006, 08:14 PM
But....but....I'm not even 30 yet! :deevee:It's all down hill from here.

morphius
04-15-2006, 08:16 PM
But....but....I'm not even 30 yet! :deevee:
But how old do you look?

luv
04-15-2006, 08:18 PM
But how old do you look?
Most people think I'm in my mid-twenties. I still get carded for alcohol.

Bugeater
04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Probably because you are getting old. Though Bass levels have gone down over the years with every city outlowing those systems.
Must be every city but Omaha then, because they're as loud as ever here.

morphius
04-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Most people think I'm in my mid-twenties. I still get carded for alcohol.
At least you don't look old then! I normally get guessed under my age as well, which is cool as you get older.

luv
04-15-2006, 08:23 PM
At least you don't look old then! I normally get guessed under my age as well, which is cool as you get older.
Yeah. It's pretty cool. Tricks me into thinking I'm not actually turning 30 this year.

It's funny. When I was 14, everyone thought I was 16. Now that I'm in my late twenties, everyone thinks I'm a few years younger. I kinda like that!

morphius
04-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Really? Being that Omaha outlaws everything that someone under the age of 21 could do for fun I'm a bit shocked.

I was supposed to be up there this weekend, but some lady decided that having contactions was more fun.

morphius
04-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Yeah. It's pretty cool. Tricks me into thinking I'm not actually turning 30 this year.

It's funny. When I was 14, everyone thought I was 16. Now that I'm in my late twenties, everyone thinks I'm a few years younger. I kinda like that!
I was 17 from the time I was 13 till the time I grew my goatee at the age of 23, so I can really relate.

Heck, I was just told I looked younger then the 24 year old at work and I'm turning 33 Monday.

luv
04-15-2006, 08:25 PM
There are some people who live on the street behind me somewhere who still seem to like the bass. It rattles my apartment every once in awhile. I'm pretty tolerant, but it gets to me every one in awhile (mainly when I'm in bed, but not asleep yet, and that's at 2-3AM).

Bwana
04-15-2006, 08:29 PM
This should do the trick: Benelli M3T - "Tactical" version with folding butt-stock.

BigMeatballDave
04-15-2006, 08:51 PM
I hate lowrider trucks. Defeats the purpose of having a truck.

morphius
04-15-2006, 08:55 PM
I hate lowrider trucks. Defeats the purpose of having a truck.
I thought trucks were for hauling stuff, how does making it lower change that? Sure, it can't handle the same load, but still, unless you are hauling rocks or the lock that isn't much of a worry.

Not that I can't understand disliking them, but truck does not automatically mean 4x4

Bwana
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Not that I can't understand disliking them, but truck does not automatically mean 4x4

That depends where you're from. Around here, a 2x4 is about a useful as tits on a snake.

JBucc
04-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Not that I can't understand disliking them, but truck does not automatically mean 4x4liar

luv
04-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I thought trucks were for hauling stuff, how does making it lower change that? Sure, it can't handle the same load, but still, unless you are hauling rocks or the lock that isn't much of a worry.

Anyone lowering an S10 to about 6 inches off the ground isn't interested in hauling much of anything.

Bugeater
04-15-2006, 09:00 PM
There are some people who live on the street behind me somewhere who still seem to like the bass. It rattles my apartment every once in awhile. I'm pretty tolerant, but it gets to me every one in awhile (mainly when I'm in bed, but not asleep yet, and that's at 2-3AM).
Maybe I'm just becoming an old grouch myself, but I just don't feel like I should hear anyone's car stereo when I'm inside my house. It's bad enough when I get stuck in traffic or I am in a drive-thru with some douchebag who thinks everyone in a 1/2 mile radius wants to hear the same music they do.

morphius
04-15-2006, 09:01 PM
That depends where you're from. Around here, a 2x4 is about a useful as tits on a snake.
Well, I was thinking Akron Ohio was decent sized and not BFE :D

morphius
04-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Anyone lowering an S10 to about 6 inches off the ground isn't interested in hauling much of anything.
Sure they are, they are just wating for you to leave so they can grab your couch, TV and AV equipment.

luv
04-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Sure they are, they are just wating for you to leave so they can grab your couch, TV and AV equipment.
Well...

1. You'd here them coming, even if you weren't home.
2. They'd ruin their trucks. They'd be dragging against the pavement.

Bwana
04-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, I was thinking Akron Ohio was decent sized and not BFE :D

Heh! :) Well I'll tell you what Morph, if you have a 2x4 around here, about the only thing it is good for is turning into a giant flower pot. And a low rider? ROFL Even more useless.

BigMeatballDave
04-15-2006, 09:07 PM

Not that I can't understand disliking them, but truck does not automatically mean 4x4A slammed truck cannot haul shit. Other than groceries, anyway.
ROFL

morphius
04-15-2006, 09:10 PM
A slammed truck cannot haul shit. Other than groceries, anyway.
ROFL
Thats what the hydrolic lift is for silly.

morphius
04-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Heh! :) Well I'll tell you what Morph, if you have a 2x4 around here, about the only thing it is good for is turning into a giant flower pot. And a low rider? ROFL Even more useless.
Well, you live in BFE though, and thats a whole different world the Akron Ohio and KC.

Of course, does Akron get a lot of snow? Hmmmm.

BigMeatballDave
04-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Thats what the hydrolic lift is for silly.I was just thinking of that. Some of them have thoes airbag suspensions. Also, Akron does get its fair share of snow, although, this past winter was very mild...

morphius
04-15-2006, 09:20 PM
I was just thinking of that. Some of them have thoes airbag suspensions. Also, Akron does get its fair share of snow, although, this past winter was very mild...
I keep forgetting Ohio's proximity to the Great Lakes, which I know has a huge snow effect.

AirForceChief
04-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Here's how old I am...I read this thread and thought bass was either the fish or the beer...pouring out of the truck.

milkman
04-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Here's how old I am...I read this thread and thought bass was either the fish or the beer...pouring out of the truck.

That was the same thing I thought.

I just figured I was so far out of the loop, I completely missed the low rider fish dumping fad.

kcxiv
04-16-2006, 02:48 PM
used to have nice system in my el camino a few years back, but i had to take it out. I got way to many tickets. Diddnt matter what i was listening too. ONe week i would get tickets for listening to gangster rap, next week i would get a ticket listening to Pantera. lol tickets started adding up. So its not even worth it anymore.

listopencil
04-16-2006, 02:49 PM
I love watching those dumbasses trying to navigate a speedbump. Priceless.

Dunit35
04-16-2006, 03:23 PM

I don't have a lowrider truck but I have been pulled over and warned for my loud system. I love it to death.

Spicy McHaggis
04-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I love watching those dumbasses trying to navigate a speedbump. Priceless.

And that oh so satisfying crunch that happens when they misjudge.

ChiefsLV
04-16-2006, 06:21 PM

They've been replaced by rice rockets. Nothing annoys the hell out of me more than one of these weed eater muffler cars driving through the neighborhood when I'm trying to go to sleep. I've even been woken up by them in the middle of the night before they're so loud. Sometimes I think, hell, why even have a muffler if you're going to be that loud anyway, just knock the damn thing off. They should outlaw those obnoxiously loud ones. Sometimes I fantasize about firing a bazooka at them as they drive by. :cuss: