PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go to the Wizards game tonight?

Saulbadguy
04-15-2006, 09:11 PM
It was my first MLS game ever. I must not understand the dynamics of the game very well, but I thought it was pretty boring. Not a rip on soccer, but I just did not enjoy it very well.

However, the best part of the game was when a cat ran on the field. It freaked out and ran back and forth for awhile until it escaped in to the stands. The game didn't even stop for it. Pretty funny.

Lurch
04-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Soccer?

I'd rather watch paint dry. Or this video, about 50 times in a row:

http://www.stupidcollege.com/items/Superbowl-is-gay

dj56dt58
04-15-2006, 10:35 PM
I can't imagine how you can't enjoy a bunch of guys running around kicking a ball 100 yards down the field, only to have it taken away and kicked 100 yards the other way..only to have it...yeah you get the point

Not to mention watching the Arrowhead turf getting ****ed up even worse in the process

Simplex3
04-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Uh, I was sure I logged onto Chiefs Planet. I have no idea how I got a bookmark to "English Fag Planet"...

Hell no nobody else was at the game. Didn't you look around and see that nobody else was there?

Ultra Peanut
04-16-2006, 12:20 AM
HAY GUYS HAS NE 1 SAID SOCCER IS BORING AND FOR TEH GHEYS YET

BWillie
04-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Soccer is like hockey except with homosexuals.

RedDread
04-16-2006, 12:46 AM
The football team called them grass fairies back in HS...

Valiant
04-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I hated soccer when I played football, but man it is fun as hell to play..

And on top of it.. How can you ****ers talk shit on the only major league team in our city that actually tries to win and win championships??? This year should be the the best team the Wizards have ever had and they are favorite to win the championship agian.. How our my Royals and Chiefs doing agian...

POND_OF_RED
04-16-2006, 01:47 AM
it is the best kicking youve seen on that field for awhile though....

greg63
04-16-2006, 02:04 AM
It was my first MLS game ever. I must not understand the dynamics of the game very well, but I thought it was pretty boring. Not a rip on soccer, but I just did not enjoy it very well.

However, the best part of the game was when a cat ran on the field. It freaked out and ran back and forth for awhile until it escaped in to the stands. The game didn't even stop for it. Pretty funny.
ROFLROFLROFL
That sounds hilarious.

Skip Towne
04-16-2006, 05:06 AM
If Saul can't find anyhing good about soccer you know it really sucks. The guy simply loves sports. He actually goes to girls basketball games. He had Royals season tickets last year. But he thinks soccer blows as do 98.8% of this board. That speaks volumes.

Saulbadguy
04-16-2006, 06:10 AM
The cat on the field was pretty awesome. That is why I started this thread. How many of you can say you saw a cat run around on the field of Arrowhead?

Saulbadguy
04-16-2006, 06:11 AM
If Saul can't find anyhing good about soccer you know it really sucks. The guy simply loves sports. He actually goes to girls basketball games. He had Royals season tickets last year. But he thinks soccer blows as do 98.8% of this board. That speaks volumes.
I only have Royals "partial season" tickets. It is where you buy a 21 game package and you get the same seats for every game. However, I split that 21 game package with 2 other guys, so it is only 7 games.

Simplex3
04-16-2006, 07:54 AM
I only have Royals "partial season" tickets. It is where you buy a 21 game package and you get the same seats for every game. However, I split that 21 game package with 2 other guys, so it is only 7 games.
8 games too many IMO.

RealSNR
04-16-2006, 08:08 AM
I hated soccer when I played football, but man it is fun as hell to play..

And on top of it.. How can you ****ers talk shit on the only major league team in our city that actually tries to win and win championships??? This year should be the the best team the Wizards have ever had and they are favorite to win the championship agian.. How our my Royals and Chiefs doing agian...Yeah no kidding. We should look on the bright side... at least it's not women's soccer

Sully
04-16-2006, 08:09 AM
I went to the game. But I actually love soccer.
The game wasn't boring at all, there was tons of action. It's just that if there isn't scoring, many people find games boring. It's the same with baseball and hockey. Just because the score isn't going anywhere does not indicate a lack of action.
But I'm also not one of those who will endlessly defend a sport to those who it doesn't appeal to. If you don't like it... well, there is more room for me.
I DID watch another game on ESPN2 after I got home, and the crowd was packed. It was between 2 LA area teams, so it was mostly Hispanic folks, but it was fun to watch with the backdrop of a packed stadium of people who were really into it.

The cat on the field was hilarious. I kept waiting for them to stop the game, but they didn't. Once the cat was in the stand it ran around a few sections, then I lost track of it. I was up in the club level, so I could see it running between aisles. It's definitely something I had never seen before.

Sully
04-16-2006, 08:10 AM
I take back part of that previous post.
I WILL endlessly defend hockey to those who don't love it. But poart of that is in hopes of getting a KC team.

Ultra Peanut
04-16-2006, 12:19 PM
The cat on the field was pretty awesome. That is why I started this thread. How many of you can say you saw a cat run around on the field of Arrowhead?I think a squirrell ran onto the field once at an Oregon State football game a few years ago. I'm pretty sure it was during one of the millions of stoppages in play, though.

KC soccer fans are so ****ing lucky. San Jose loses their team, while the Wizards end up staying in KC and get Grown-Ass Man for at least half a season before he heads overseas.

RealSNR
04-16-2006, 12:22 PM
KC soccer fans are so ****ing lucky. San Jose loses their team, while the Wizards end up staying in KC and get Grown-Ass Man for at least half a season before he heads overseas.I'd rather have Rocky Bernard and Ty Law

ZootedGranny
04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
The cat on the field was pretty awesome. That is why I started this thread. How many of you can say you saw a cat run around on the field of Arrowhead?

I've seen a pussy run around Arrowhead plenty of times.

"LOL...WAIT, IT'S ME AMIRITE"
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/getty/56625039bb001_denver_bronco.widec.jpg

unlurking
04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I take back part of that previous post.
I WILL endlessly defend hockey to those who don't love it. But poart of that is in hopes of getting a KC team.
2 games to go before we take on the Oil!