PDA

View Full Version : A new way for suckers to contribute to Lamar's checkbook...

shaneo69
04-17-2006, 11:31 AM
LAMAR HUNT ANNOUNCES THE BIRTH OF CHIEFS NATION
Apr 17, 2006, 12:00:01 PM

People may think that Chiefs fans only reside in the areas around Kansas City. However if you bleed Red and Gold you know that the Chiefs Universe extends far beyond metropolitan Kansas City, the grasslands of Western Kansas and the Ozark Mountains. With 48 of 50 states represented by Chiefs season ticket holders, one can truly make the statement that this is indeed a Chiefs Nation. Now, Kansas City football fans from around the globe will be officially united as Chiefs Founder Lamar Hunt announces the birth of Chiefs Nation.

”With the unprecedented breadth of interest in Kansas City football we are now establishing a further Chiefs fans base opportunity for people all across America,” Hunt said on the birthday of Chiefs Nation. “Beginning today, fans may register for an opportunity to establish clear ties to the Chiefs organization which will provide each fan the opportunity to be part of the ‘Arrowhead Experience’ every year.”

This is your chance to become a founding member of the official fan group of the Kansas City Chiefs. By joining this exclusive club you’ll join Chiefs fans from all over the world who share the same passion and allegiance for everything Chiefs. As the unofficial “51st state”, residents of the Chiefs Nation will enjoy benefits unavailable to other fans.

“I’m amazed over the years at the various games how many times I bumped into some one who had traveled a long distance to attend their first Chiefs game,” Hunt added. “Chiefs Nation will provide the opportunity for such pilgrimages in the future.”

A few of the member benefits include…

--Each member is sent a Chiefs Nation citizenship card. You will also receive an electronic membership confirmation with your own PIN/Account number to access your private page on our web site www.kcchiefs.com via the Chiefs Nation page.

--There you will find special stories and content not available to the general public: Insider stories, bios of other fans around the world, interviews, photos, etc.

--You will receive the opportunity to acquire upper level tickets to a 2006 home games; we can’t promise specific games, but we’ll do our best to help you select a date to see the Chiefs play an opponent of your choosing!

--Additionally, when the Chiefs storm their way to the playoffs and capture homefield advantage, you will be offered the opportunity to acquire four upper level tickets to Arrowhead to those elite games, as well.

So join this ever-growing movement and cement your dual citizenship through the Chiefs Nation!

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/04/17/lamar_hunt_announces_the_birth_of_chiefs_nation/

shaneo69
04-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the brand new Chiefs Nation!

With fans nationwide and across the world and season ticket holders from 48 of the 50 states, the Kansas City Chiefs want to offer something special for all the people who travel to Kansas City every season for “the Arrowhead Experience,” or just track their team long distance…

Become a Charter Member of the Chiefs Nation for the 2006 season and you’ll join a select group of fans who want to solidify their passion and allegiance to the Chiefs!

Because it’s not just a destination—it’s a STATE of MIND!

So join this ever-growing movement and cement your dual citizenship through the Chiefs Nation!

You will receive:

Free shipping on Chiefs merchandise you may want all year round, through our on-line store.

Weekly subscription to the Chiefs Pulse e-newsletter with current team news.

Opportunity for other selected discounts on publications such as “Game Day” program, the Chiefs Yearbook, and the “Official Chiefs Cookbook.”
Plus, should the Chiefs chase the dream all the way to the Super Bowl, a total of 101 of our Chiefs Nation members will receive the opportunity to purchase two tickets in the upper level to the NFL game of all games! The 101 members will be selected by a random drawing.

Plus:
Regular contests and drawings at Chiefs Nation page on kcchiefs.com
We will select a Chiefs Nation “Fan of the Week” and highlight their bio on the website. As we collect bios, we will post them on a Chiefs Nation Wall of Fame on www.kcchiefs.com/chiefsnation, where you can view bios written and submitted by fans themselves.

We will provide you the opportunity to make arrangements, should you wish to travel to see the team play at Arrowhead or on the road, through Chiefs Travel.

We will choose a “Commander in Chief” for the Chiefs Nation for each home game…that’s right — If you are coming to the game, you can register to be our “Commander in Chief” for that game, which entitles you to recognition on our scroll board during the game, a pre-game tailgate and a private pre-game tour culminating in pre-game field passes!

RENEWALS
For your convenience, your 2007 CHIEFS NATION subscription will automatically renew, without interruption, before the start of each subsequent NFL season at the rate then in effect unless you cancel your subscription by sending an email requesting cancellation to customerservice@chiefs.nfl.com before February 1, 2007.

YOUR CHIEFS NATION CARD
Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery. The Kansas City Chiefs are not responsible for lost or stolen cards. Any card returned by the US Postal Service during the 2006 season, will be available at Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO. If you would like to request a card’s reprint, a check for $3.00 can be sent to Chiefs Nation, c/o Kansas City Chiefs, 1 Arrowhead Dr., Kansas City, MO 64129.

*CHIEFS NATION is a $8 membership fee plus a $2 Ticketmaster service charge for sign-up. The $8 membership fee is refundable at any time.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/chiefsnation/sign-in/

shaneo69
04-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Plus, should the Chiefs chase the dream all the way to the Super Bowl...

I couldn't get past this part.

Mr. Laz
04-17-2006, 11:40 AM
actually 8 bucks per year doesn't sound bad at all to me.

you could get your money back just from the free shipping with online sales.

:shrug:

but if it catches on, you know it will go from $8 to $48 in a heartbeat.

jidar
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm signing up. seriously.

chief52
04-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Will it be as lame as Raider Nation?

Morons.

My thoughts exactly. Sounds way too much like the Raider Nation. Chiefs could have come up with a much better/more original name.

MOhillbilly
04-17-2006, 11:50 AM
--Additionally, when the Chiefs storm their way to the playoffs and capture homefield advantage, you will be offered the opportunity to acquire four upper level tickets to Arrowhead to those elite games, as well.

i dont know who sang it but im feelin it ' youre a liar youre a liar **** you youre a liar youre a liar **** U! U! U! U! U!

teedubya
04-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Why didnt they call it Chiefs Planet? :hmmm:

Eleazar
04-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Pay for access stories with 'inside information' eh... sounds familiar.

But the price is right. And with the additional benefit of ticket purchase opportunities... why not?

jspchief
04-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Let's see, $8 for inside stories from the organization, or $79.95 for false inside stories from other "premium" sites.... decisions, decisions.

What the hell, I'll get it just for the stupid card that says Chiefs Nation. God knows I've done stupider things with $8 in my lifetime.

Logical
04-17-2006, 02:35 PM

But the price is right. And with the additional benefit of ticket purchase opportunities... why not?

Dammit Carl :cuss: you went and hired Nick Athan!!!

Old Dog
04-17-2006, 02:35 PM
What the hell, I'll get it just for the stupid card that says Chiefs Nation. God knows I've done stupider things with $8 in my lifetime.

I'll probably do something stupider with $8 today.

Logical
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Let's see, $8 for inside stories from the organization, or $79.95 for false inside stories from other "premium" sites.... decisions, decisions.

You indeed could waste 8 dollars in worse ways, but don't be silly and believe you will get any real insider information from that site. This is an organization led by Carl after all.

VonneMarie
04-17-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm better off just throwing my 10 bucks in the trash. No thanks.

meStevo
04-17-2006, 03:13 PM
I whiped out my credit card, threw in my numbers and screamed 'FIRST LOLZ' IRL.

Old Dog
04-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Which two States don't have any season ticket holders? Any clue?

StcChief
04-17-2006, 03:41 PM
They posted the STH from 48 states on here a year or two ago....

Ralphy Boy
04-17-2006, 04:09 PM
--There you will find special stories and content not available to the general public: Insider stories, bios of other fans around the world, interviews, photos, etc.

which of course will be copied and pasted to Chiefsplanet.

shaneo69
04-17-2006, 04:17 PM

Hopefully they will make Ellen Wier and Rufus Dawes articles "insider" only.

As for the $8 fee, it seems like you are just paying for the opportunity to buy $65 tickets.

They probably think this is the best way to get rid of those upper deck corner seats that they have so much trouble selling at the end of the year when the Chiefs are out of the playoffs.

shaneo69
04-17-2006, 04:20 PM
They probably think this is the best way to get rid of those upper deck corner seats that they have so much trouble selling at the end of the year when the Chiefs are out of the playoffs.

Actually, now that I think about it, and knowing Lamarl, one of the stipulations of signing up to be a member is probably an obligation to buy one of those upper deck corner tickets to a 2006 game.

unlurking
04-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, considering I just spent $100 on the below keyboard, I might do worse with $8.

(keyboard is actually pretty cool, just got it today)

http://www.alphagrips.com/features.html

DJay23
04-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Hopefully they will make Ellen Wier and Rufus Dawes articles "insider" only.

As for the $8 fee, it seems like you are just paying for the opportunity to buy $65 tickets.

I think sometimes those of you who live close to KC don't realize that these sorts of things could be helpful to those of us that would have to drop a pretty penny just to GET to KC, much less go to a game.

This is something that I will take advantage of. I haven't been to Arrowhead since preseason '96. It's just not within the realm of possibility for me to fly out there or drive, plus the cost of a ticket that I'd have to buy online or through a broker. This at least could guarantee that I'll get tickets at face value (I'm assuming that's what the deal is). Considering I'll probably spend over $200 to see the Chiefs in Pittsburgh this year, I think I can plop down 8 bucks for the possibility of going to 1 game a year. NOt to mention, the deal for playoff tickets is pretty sweet.

Arrowhead is like the great cathedral to my religion and I haven't been to worship in a long time.

Logical
04-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Well, considering I just spent $100 on the below keyboard, I might do worse with $8.

(keyboard is actually pretty cool, just got it today)

http://www.alphagrips.com/features.html That thing is just friggen weird. Maybe for games but I can never see typing on it.

DJay23
04-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Eh, **** it. I started to register and basically you're paying $8 to hold specific tickets for you. I thought it was going to be more of, "If you want to go to a game, now you will have an easier time getting tickets." It's more like, "Pay us $8 for EACH ticket you would like for us to hold that you will buy in the future.

Nevermind.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
04-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, and knowing Lamarl, one of the stipulations of signing up to be a member is probably an obligation to buy one of those upper deck corner tickets to a 2006 game.

so you know Lamar huh?

unlurking
04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
That thing is just friggen weird. Maybe for games but I can never see typing on it.

Posting

EDIT: Well now, it appears it may take some time getting used to this thing!

Weird, but getting used to it.

Big Chief Homer
04-17-2006, 07:50 PM
seems like a silly way to try and make up for Carl's "REAL FAN" quote,Doesnt it?

but im on my way to sign up anyway.

unlurking
04-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Eh, **** it. I started to register and basically you're paying $8 to hold specific tickets for you. I thought it was going to be more of, "If you want to go to a game, now you will have an easier time getting tickets." It's more like, "Pay us $8 for EACH ticket you would like for us to hold that you will buy in the future.

Nevermind.
Ouch!

Guess you can count me on this too then.

WEIRDWOLF
04-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Ooops, They don't want me....seems my account has been locked. It won't let me register. Guess I'll keep the $10.

DaFace
04-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Ooops, They don't want me....seems my account has been locked. It won't let me register. Guess I'll keep the $10.

Mine was locked, too, FWIW. I sent an email to them. I'll let you know what I find out.

04-17-2006, 10:21 PM

Nevermind.

So, is this the official purpose of the "club"? Is this what everybody is seeing in the fine print?

How many have signed up. What do you really get other than this and free shipping on overpriced merch you can buy in other places cheaper?

|Zach|
04-17-2006, 11:02 PM
seems like a silly way to try and make up for Carl's "REAL FAN" quote,Doesnt it?

but im on my way to sign up anyway.
Yuu have to be a pretty big drama queen to have taken that seriously.

Ultra Peanut
04-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Why we need a nation
We got a damn PLNANENENRT

Kyle got this shit on lock.