PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Trade Opinion

CoMoChief
04-18-2006, 09:09 AM
This guy in my league really wants to trade his SS Tejada for my 1B Ortiz straight up. I'm thinking about doing it if and only if I can get Ivan Rodriguez off of the waivers list (I know some dumbass in my league dropped him) Juan Pierre is also on the waivers list and hopefully I can nail him too and let go of Foulke because I was a dumbass and didnt know that he wasnt closing games. Also since Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball is weird itself, they have some players that play more than one position. ex:

Jeff Kent, whom I have can play 1st or 2nd base
Mike Lowell, who was my Utility player, can play 2nd or 3rd base
I have Posada already as my catcher
I have Sweeney as a backup, surely he can get out of his slump, he's usually a slow starter anyways.

Another words heres what my offense looked like before the potential trade:
1B-Ortiz
2B-Kent
SS-O.Cabrera
3B-Rolen
C-Posada
OF-Edmonds
OF-Beltran
OF-Podsednik
Util-Lowell
BN-Sweeney

Now, here's what could be my lineup after the trade:
1B-Kent
2B-Lowell
SS-Tejada
3B-Rolen
C-Posada
OF-Edmonds
OF-Beltran
OF-Podsednik
Util-I.Rodriguez
BN-Sweeney
BN-J.Pierre**

**This would take the roster spot of Keith Foulke, I would have had 10 offensive players before the trade and waivers, and 11 pitchers. Afterwards I would have 11 offensive players and 10 pitchers, since theres a total of 21 players on the team.

So I ask you guys, would the trade be better for me or him. His team is ****in terrible and really opposes no threat to me or the league in general. I think it would make my lineup more solid because O Cabrera isnt the best offensive player in the world. Tejada would be a major upgrade in that position. But then again Ortiz is absolutely smashing the ball right now. What should I do?

StcChief
04-18-2006, 09:35 AM
This is why I stopped playing Fantasy baseball 162 games etc....

banyon
04-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Juan Pierre is on you waiver wire?

Are there like 4 teams in your league?

Marco Polo
04-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Get Tejada, no questions asked.

Kraut
04-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Tejada all the way, along with those waiver pick ups

epitome1170
04-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Get Tejada if you can also find a quality first baseman as well. Jeff Kent is a decent 2nd baseman for fantasy but he sucks if you occupy a first base spot for him. First basemen really are a big spot to get big stats you shouldnt waste it with Kent.