PDA

View Full Version : Any Vets/Pet Experts out there?

Frankie
04-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I need a safe medication to mellow down a cat for dematting and/or traveling. Serious replies only, please.

Fire Me Boy!
04-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Catnip.

Hog's Gone Fishin
Can I be the first to recommend about 12cc of Anti-Freeze.

Baby Lee
May I be the first to broach the issue of Anti-Freeze?

Sorry. ;)

EDIT: Can I be the SECOND? fark!!!

Iowanian
04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Jolt Cola and catnip.

Actually...thorazine would do it

Fire Me Boy!
04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Seriously, though... call a local vet -- a small ... SMALL ... amount of benedryl (like half a pill) might work. I know often times vets will recommend small portions of human drugs that will work for things like this. And if you call a vet (or a groomer), they will more than likely give you the advice for free over the phone.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Seriously, Dexamethasone tablets, go to the vet, they will give you the dosage. I had a Rottweiller that would puke and shit all over the back of a truck when riding. I moved from North Carolina to Oklahoma and gave him DEX. He was great the whole way and subsequently cured from motion sickness.

bishop_74
04-19-2006, 01:41 PM
My wife works at the vet and for OTC, definately Benadryl. We had the same "puking" problem with our Rottie and she used the Dexamethasone. Worked great.

Fish
04-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Seriously, Dexamethasone tablets.....

Yeah... I've used that with psycho cats before. Works well..... Or you could always roll a blunt and hotbox the cat carrier....

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/663/tripypotcat32vm.gif

Buster's Dad
04-19-2006, 03:05 PM
we use 'acepromazine' 25 mg tablets to calm our dog for grooming, check with your vet for the right dosage

joesomebody
04-19-2006, 03:39 PM
See your local dealer and get some 'special k' I know its some type of animal tranq popular with the kiddies.

RedDread
04-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Actually...thorazine would do it

Had a guy in my squad that took about twenty seconds to get a sentence out. That was his nickname.

memyselfI
04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I work for a vet. The Ace and Benadryl (use the generic brand, it's cheaper and works as well) are both used as medications to calm animals with anxiety. Speak to your vet about the right doseage for your cat as they will know it's history and that is important to know when dosing of any medication for your pet.

If neither of these will work, some Vets offices that offer grooming will offer a light sedation (shot) for the pet. It will run about $30.00 but it works wonders on the worst most ungroomable pets.

BIG_DADDY
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
I work for a vet. The Ace and Benadryl (use the generic brand, it's cheaper and works as well) are both used as medications to calm animals with anxiety. Speak to your vet about the right doseage for your cat as they will know it's history and that is important to know when dosing of any medication for your pet.

If neither of these will work, some Vets offices that offer grooming will offer a light sedation (shot) for the pet. It will run about $30.00 but it works wonders on the worst most ungroomable pets.

Figures meme would end up in this thread. Million threads on pets but meme is a no show. One post by Frankie though and she is on it like auditions for the Iranian bukkakefest . The girl just can't get enough of that Iranian sausage.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Figures meme would end up in this thread. Million threads on pets but meme is a no show. One post by Frankie though and she is on it like auditions for the Iranian bukkakefest . The girl just can't get enough of that Iranian sausage.

Frankie gave me negative rep for this post. ROFL

I guess Frankie's gone butt pirate.

Frankie
04-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Frankie gave me negative rep for this post. ROFL

I guess Frankie's gone butt pirate.
Yes, and I called it "classless and unnecessary." It screamed for a neg rep. But of course you neg-repped right back, on the topic of this thread, to get even. Proves again how low, weak and shallow you are. :shake:

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Yes, and I called it "classless and unnecessary." It screamed for a neg rep. But of course you neg-repped right back, on the topic of this thread, to get even. Proves again how low, weak and shallow you are. :shake:

I'm a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man. ROFL I thought you Iranian's liked hittin that white ass? :shrug: No? She could have been a lot of fun when you had your friends over maybe you should reconsider. It's quite obvious she's chasing you dude. You should be flattered. It's not like I didn't speak the truth either. There have been a million pet threads but Ms. I work for a vet only showed up in your thread. You can't deny it. I am sure she will show you and your buddies a good time with a little TP action. It's not like your getting laid now or anything. Come to think of it I can't remember you ever talking about women at all since you have been here at the planet. :hmmm:

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 02:12 PM
There is a product that is available over the counter called, "Calm down" for dogs is the one I have, I would assume there is one for cats as well, I just don't stock it. More dog trade than cat at my store. :shrug:

It is a homeopathic liquid.

Manufactured for: Baxter Environmental Products, Inc. dba Nala Barry Laboratories. out of Palm Desert, Ca.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2006, 03:11 PM
There is a product that is available over the counter called, "Calm down" for dogs is the one I have, I would assume there is one for cats as well, I just don't stock it. More dog trade than cat at my store. :shrug:

Manufactured for: Baxter Environmental Products, Inc. dba Nala Barry Laboratories. out of Palm Desert, Ca.

See Frankie good thing ol BD brought this thread back up. Now putty won't have to be a psycho when it's around you anynmore. Wonder why your stalker didn't know that working for a vet all? :hmmm: Maybe she was just more interested a little Iranian :hump: fest

Bwana
04-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Drop it off at QuickSlurpers place for a bong hit or two of his power weed.............should do the trick.

BIG_DADDY
04-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Drop it off at QuickSlurpers place for a bong hit or two of his power weed.............should do the trick.

Maybe Frankie should take a hit or two himself while he is at it so he will quit being so uptight. That's probably while his pussy cat is all torqued out. Couple :bong: and nice big bowl of infidel head soup should do the trick.

Wait a minute, shouldn't that pussy be wearing a turban and a scarf? :hmmm:

Frankie
04-20-2006, 05:10 PM

Thanks man. I'll check that one out first. Non-prescription stuff are what I had in mind.

memyselfI
04-21-2006, 06:54 AM

I thought you had him on ignore...

it's worked wonders for me. You should really give it a shot.

Has the groomer(s) told you that the cat is a problem when grooming? The reason I ask is that different groomers have different success levels with different cats. And so maybe it's not just the cat, it might also be the skill and patience level of the groomer.

In addition, you would be amazed at the number of clients who claim their pets suffer from 'anxiety' or 'freak out' when they have to go to the Vet. And yet, once the pet is away from the owner they are nervous but far from the neurotic mess their owner claims they'd be.

We joke alittle projection must be going on...

that is not to say that is happening in your case. ;)

jeffrho68
04-21-2006, 07:12 AM
I used "Calm Down" on our cats when we moved from the Bay Area to KC. Worked great.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?cm_ven=null&cm_cat=null&cm_pla=unknown&cm_ite=null&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025575&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441780102&bmUID=1145624811768

Frankie
04-21-2006, 09:31 AM
No I don't have him on ignore. I just simply ignore him. Just had to neg rep him on a post on this thread that was way out of line and unnecessary. Even for the attention whore that he is.

Has the groomer(s) told you that the cat is a problem when grooming? The reason I ask is that different groomers have different success levels with different cats. And so maybe it's not just the cat, it might also be the skill and patience level of the groomer.

In addition, you would be amazed at the number of clients who claim their pets suffer from 'anxiety' or 'freak out' when they have to go to the Vet. And yet, once the pet is away from the owner they are nervous but far from the neurotic mess their owner claims they'd be.

We joke alittle projection must be going on...

that is not to say that is happening in your case. ;)
My groomer doesn't want to dematt Sammy. I have been very distracted recently and allowed him to matt up. Now I'm (carefully) cutting out big pieces almost at skin level. He has been patient about his shoulders and chest but he doesn want me to mess with his back. He starts freaking out. It must be pretty sensitive skin there. Anyway, I've been doing 5-10 minute sessions per day followed by a treat. It'll probably take a month but I'm determined to do it! But calming him down safely would help and expedite things.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2006, 10:16 AM

it's worked wonders for me. You should really give it a shot.

Yea it's worked really well for terroristme. Now instead of seeing my posts she gets to see people quoting my posts and just has to suck it up and pretend she didn't see them. Oh BTW, thanks Frankie for quoting my posts in this thread. :thumb:

No I don't have him on ignore. I just simply ignore him. Just had to neg rep him on a post on this thread that was way out of line and unnecessary. Even for the attention whore that he is.

As far as you go Flunkie we can all see what a wonderful job you have done ignoring me. This thread is just another great example. I am kind of curious about one thing though Flunkie. The difference between ****ing a white chicks and ME chicks. When white women cum they often times go OH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! I'm just wondering if ME women are required to go OH ALLLLAHHHHHHHHHHH AH AH AH AH AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :hmmm: I'll bet you don't even know what I'm talking about huh?

sofistme,
you really shouldn't be shamelessly chasing Frankie around this BB either, you're a married terrorist supporter for Allah's sake. I know you are obsessed with ME cock but I am more than sure Allah would disapprove of your slutty ways.

BTW I am still looking for a photoshop expert that can put a turban and a scarf the cat Bwana posted. Drinks are on me next time we meet if you can pull it off.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Come on photoshop experts I know someone can help me here.

MOhillbilly
04-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Seriously, Dexamethasone tablets, go to the vet, they will give you the dosage. I had a Rottweiller that would puke and shit all over the back of a truck when riding. I moved from North Carolina to Oklahoma and gave him DEX. He was great the whole way and subsequently cured from motion sickness.

thats weird he gave your dog dex. since it will cause a dog to want to urinate.

Frankie
04-21-2006, 12:03 PM
The difference between ****ing a white chicks and ME chicks. When white women cum they often times go OH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! I'm just wondering if ME women are required to go OH ALLLLAHHHHHHHHHHH AH AH AH AH AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :hmmm: You are not correct about all "white" women. But you wouldn't know would you? Your sister shouldn't be the only one you base your statement on.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2006, 01:10 PM
You are not correct about all "white" women. But you wouldn't know would you? Your sister shouldn't be the only one you base your statement on.

I never said all, I said often times. Maybe you should take a course in reading comprehension if your going to try and act like the Iranian version of Robbin Leech here at the Planet. I guess the only time your sisters get off is when their getting hammered with some good GI cock.

Funny you should mention my sister, she is in Iraq right now putting holes in all your fellow terrorist brothers. :bang:

I think you and terroristme really should reproduce. Just think of what you could create together.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Frankie,

Is this position kind of like training for when pops used to pass you around to all of his buddies at the ol Allah kabob and curry parties? :hump:

Frankie
04-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I used "Calm Down" on our cats when we moved from the Bay Area to KC. Worked great.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?cm_ven=null&cm_cat=null&cm_pla=unknown&cm_ite=null&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025575&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441780102&bmUID=1145624811768
Thanks. I checked your link. This looks like a product for cats who are always nervous or hyper. Am I wrong? Does it work as occasional one-time usage?