PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Sucks!

Pages : 1 [2]

Skip Towne
04-20-2006, 12:55 PM
I drive a Jap car that was probably made in Canada or the USA (could be made in Japan). It's a 2005 Infiniti G35 and it rocks. I also drive a '98 Dodge Intrepid made in Canada and owned by the Krauts so what's your point? Most vehicles are made all over the world now and with vendored items from all over the world. Boeing airplanes, cars, TV's clothing etc. It's a Global Economy boys and girls and that's the fact and ultimately it's a good thing as trading partners generallly don't go to war with each other.

Whining about Wally world won't change anything. If the market perceives that they are not serving a certain demographic then other businesses will pop up eventually to fill the niche.

The good news about Wal-Mart is it's an American Company and the money stays here.

I for one have faith in the ingenuity of the American businessman to come up with new and value added ideas that launch new companies that don't even exist yet. Just like we've done with Microsoft, Airplanes, The Integrated circuit etc.

PS - Just for you conspiracy types. I don't think aliens built the pyramids and the microchip did not come from reversed alien engineering from a downed UFO.
Shut up, n00b.

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm not about name brand clothing or fancy foods. I buy many of my clothes from Target. They have their own "brands" (Makers Mark, Cherokee, etc..), and they are of a higher quality than Wal-Mart brands, and similarly priced.

Food, I go to Price Chopper or Dillons (Kroger spin-off). The produce is much better and fresher, the beef is much better, and the fish is actually edible.

Saul, you didn't have to tell us your a target clothes wearin', mac and chees eatin', Ramen noodles suckin', cousin smoochin' shite kicker. Your a KSU fan and we already knew that. <BWAAAAAAHH!!!!> :)

Saulbadguy
04-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Saul, you didn't have to tell us your a target clothes wearin', mac and chees eatin', Ramen noodles suckin', cousin smoochin' shite kicker. Your a KSU fan and we already knew that. <BWAAAAAAHH!!!!> :)
You live in WICHITA!

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Shut up, n00b.

Good one skippy. I've squarely been put in my place by you. :)

ChiefaRoo
04-20-2006, 01:04 PM
You live in WICHITA!

Yes, I do and unfortunately there are K-State fans here giving the place a bad rep.

listopencil
04-20-2006, 01:25 PM
fROM SOMEONE THAT IS AFRAID OF, JUST WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE AFRAID OF?

i DON'T BELIEVE THAT ANYONE IS LOOKING TO BE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF CREATIVITY, THIS IS JUST THE WAY i WANT TO TYPE. iF YOU THINK THAT BECAUSE OF THE WAY i TYPE MAKES ME UNIQUE OR RETARDED IT JUST SHOWS YOUR LOOKING FOR WAYS TO BE A JERK, i'D SAY THAT YOU FOUND A WAY.

wHAT THE ****? i THINK i ACCIDENTALY LEFT MY CAPS-LOCK BUTTON ON. oH NO. wHAT SHALL i DO? There we go. That's better. All fixed now.

htismaqe
04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
I just lost a longtime advertising client who still owns a music store,his main reasoning that he cannot compete was he cannot buy his product for what Wal-Mart sells it for.How does the small business man compete with that?

He owns a music store and he can't compete? What kind of music store is it - CD's and DVD's? I got news for ya, that business is DEAD. Even Sam Goody and other national chains are struggling to survive without diversifying into other products like consumer electronics and video games.

The music store here started selling guitars and shit to compete and business is good.

gblowfish
04-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Here's some really good sites to read what people think about Wally World:

http://www.walmartsucks.org/
http://www.walmartsucks.com/
http://www.walmart-blows.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/walmartsucks/
http://www.disgruntledhuman.com/wmrtnf.htm

There's a lot of things that have bothered me over the years about how they do business:

1) Underpriced script drugs to kill local pharmacies in small towns;
2) Forced off the clock overtime; hire illegal aliens for store cleaning;
3) Discrimination against women & minorities in promotion, tons of sexual harassment cases;
4) Treat vendors like crap, make them build stuff in China or lose contract. Check out their history with Rubbermaid for the skinny on that...
5) Won't sell CDs with "explicit lyrics" but sell guns and cigarettes.
6) Wal-Mart is a major factor in the US-China trade imbalance. Communist China is becoming a world economic power thanks to Wal-Mart, and is spending those manufacturing profits on weapons and troops.
7) Paige Laurie is a little shit. Sorry. I'm an MU alum.

Dartgod
04-20-2006, 01:45 PM
fROM SOMEONE THAT IS AFRAID OF, JUST WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE AFRAID OF?

i DON'T BELIEVE THAT ANYONE IS LOOKING TO BE ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF CREATIVITY, THIS IS JUST THE WAY i WANT TO TYPE. iF YOU THINK THAT BECAUSE OF THE WAY i TYPE MAKES ME UNIQUE OR RETARDED IT JUST SHOWS YOUR LOOKING FOR WAYS TO BE A JERK, i'D SAY THAT YOU FOUND A WAY.I think you should drop the caps and just use a bunch of commas strung together in the middle of your posts. That would be way cooler than your current schtick.

htismaqe
04-20-2006, 01:46 PM

There's a lot of things that have bothered me over the years about how they do business:

3) Discrimination against women & minorities in promotion, tons of sexual harassment cases;
4) Treat vendors like crap, make them build stuff in China or lose contract. Check out their history with Rubbermaid for the skinny on that...
6) Wal-Mart is a major factor in the US-China trade imbalance. Communist China is becoming a world economic power thanks to Wal-Mart, and is spending those manufacturing profits on weapons and troops.

My wife was an asst mgr in college and was on her way to the mgmt training program. Then she got pregnant and they decided that for her family's sake, she should concentrate on raising her kids. They're so thoughtful.

Nzoner
04-20-2006, 02:06 PM
He owns a music store and he can't compete? What kind of music store is it - CD's and DVD's? I got news for ya, that business is DEAD. Even Sam Goody and other national chains are struggling to survive without diversifying into other products like consumer electronics and video games.

The music store here started selling guitars and shit to compete and business is good.

Yeah the guy here had a good run for many years,he recently got into smoke accessories and the like and has been building some business from it.

He also has t-shirts,posters numerous novelty items and even expanded into some adult dvd.

Frosty
04-20-2006, 02:09 PM

And Levi Strauss.

Baby Lee
04-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah the guy here had a good run for many years,he recently got into smoke accessories and the like and has been building some business from it.

He also has t-shirts,posters numerous novelty items and even expanded into some adult dvd.
Bong, bong, BONG!!!!

HemiEd
04-20-2006, 02:18 PM
The people who are strongly defending Walmart are the people we're talking about. They're wearing a greasy t-shirt that doesn't quit cover their gut so anybody happening by gets a view of the lower half of their fat. They're buying 30 cases of Sam's Choice Diet Cola and 40 cases of Pringles. Their posse of kids are terrorizing the isles and picking out new shoes for school. It will take 3 hours for the employees to clean up after the little heithens upon their departure. The whole family (including grandma in her housecoat) piles into the 1974 Torino after getting a courtesy jump start from the store manager. Look in the mirror people. You're the reason snooty people don't go into Walmart.

Wow, reminds me of the big flap they had on the East Side of Wichita in the early 90s. Local residents did not want Walmart coming in, due to the fear of dirty diapers being left in the parking lot.

htismaqe
04-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Wow, reminds me of the big flap they had on the East Side of Wichita in the early 90s. Local residents did not want Walmart coming in, due to the fear of dirty diapers being left in the parking lot.

The city of Pella has successfully blocked the building of a SuperCenter for the last 6 years. They fought the initial Wal-Mart tooth and nail.

To this day, people at the Dutch Reformed churches pray for the sinners that work at Wal-Mart on Sundays...

HemiEd
04-20-2006, 02:59 PM
The city of Pella has successfully blocked the building of a SuperCenter for the last 6 years. They fought the initial Wal-Mart tooth and nail.

To this day, people at the Dutch Reformed churches pray for the sinners that work at Wal-Mart on Sundays...

Walmart is actually the one pushing the development and cost reductions of RFID. They want an RFID chip/antenna installed on every product they sell. Their suppliers will then own the product that is on the Walmart shelves until it is rung up at the register. The suppliers would then be able to check inventory levels at each store remotely and assume the responsibility. This way, Walmart will no longer own any inventory or have to manage any of it. If history is an indicator, they will then pay the supplier for the product about 90 days after they sold it.

KCChiefsMan
04-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I hate wal-mart because I get so irritated every time I have shopped there. Very rude service here in Lawrence, horrible customers with kids flying around that are complete trailer trash....they stink, get in the way and make shopping there an uncomfortable experience. Target is right across the street and I much prefer that place. I think I feel the same way about Dillons too, I hate it!!!

Otter
04-20-2006, 03:11 PM
The people who are strongly defending Walmart are the people we're talking about. They're wearing a greasy t-shirt that doesn't quit cover their gut so anybody happening by gets a view of the lower half of their fat. They're buying 30 cases of Sam's Choice Diet Cola and 40 cases of Pringles. Their posse of kids are terrorizing the isles and picking out new shoes for school. It will take 3 hours for the employees to clean up after the little heithens upon their departure. The whole family (including grandma in her housecoat) piles into the 1974 Torino after getting a courtesy jump start from the store manager. Look in the mirror people. You're the reason snooty people don't go into Walmart.

ROFL

If that wasn't so long I'd have a new sig.

StcChief
04-20-2006, 03:15 PM

Wentzville Wal-mart orginally grant possible expansion to super center has a limited grocery items, wine?

They Asked to expand to supercenter (already has open land around it.)

Wentzville Council under pressure from Schnucks and Dierbergs grocery story chain in STL area to not allow it....Stopped it.

They built a Super center (5 acres under roof) in Lake St.Louis about 6 miles down I-64 from this Wentzville one....

htismaqe
04-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Walmart is actually the one pushing the development and cost reductions of RFID. They want an RFID chip/antenna installed on every product they sell. Their suppliers will then own the product that is on the Walmart shelves until it is rung up at the register. The suppliers would then be able to check inventory levels at each store remotely and assume the responsibility. This way, Walmart will no longer own any inventory or have to manage any of it. If history is an indicator, they will then pay the supplier for the product about 90 days after they sold it.

Yeah, one of my customers makes candy, you know the kind that says "Generic Lemon Drops 99cents" on the plain red label...

They told me that Wal-Mart has told them they will cease to sell their candy if they don't RFID each and every bag, despite the fact that one RFID chip would increase the cost of packaging almost TENFOLD.

KingPriest2
04-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I hope you don't actually believe this. The average American is too stupid to see past the dollar coming directly out of their wallet. They did a survey on the street several years ago and over 40% of the people actually thought their tax refund was money given to them by the govt. They didn't realize it was their money that had been over-paid in taxes.

It's worse because when I buy it at Wal-Mart I support one schmo in my town and some accountants in Bentonville, AR. When I buy it at Brandsmart I support a sales guy, the clerk at the desk, the accountant, etc, all of whom buy MY products and contribute to the economy in MY city.

Isn't Brandsmart closed?

HemiEd
04-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah, one of my customers makes candy, you know the kind that says "Generic Lemon Drops 99cents" on the plain red label...

They told me that Wal-Mart has told them they will cease to sell their candy if they don't RFID each and every bag, despite the fact that one RFID chip would increase the cost of packaging almost TENFOLD.

Have they told your customer about the future inventory situation yet? I imagine the volume is pretty high. It sounds like your customer will need to invest about $300,000 in RFID equipment. Then, once on the hook for this investment, the next shoe drops.

htismaqe
04-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Have they told your customer about the future inventory situation yet? I imagine the volume is pretty high. It sounds like your customer will need to invest about $300,000 in RFID equipment. Then, once on the hook for this investment, the next shoe drops.

Yeah, they're already talking like they're going out of business. It's sad.

KingPriest2
04-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I don't know the name of it but there is a company that travels all over the US educating local merchants on how to fight an incoming Wal-Mart store. One thing they tell you is that Wal-Mart has 30XXX products on the shelf but only 400 of them are at a bargain price. The remaining items are at average or above price. I wanted a router so I went to a Sam's in Wichita only to find my local Ace Hardware in Chanute, KS had a better one cheaper. That "Lowest price All the Time" is a totally bullshit phrase. Not to mention Wal-Mart goods are basically plastic junk. You get what you pay for.

Skip are you from Chanute? My in laws are from there. My FIL use to own the airport there.

Dartgod
04-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Isn't Brandsmart closed?
Well, yeah, since Wal*Mart moved in.

HemiEd
04-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, they're already talking like they're going out of business. It's sad.

Yes it is, them good old Arkansas boys learned a lot from the old Sears model and took it to the next level.

Skip Towne
04-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Skip are you from Chanute? My in laws are from there. My FIL use to own the airport there.
I lived in Chanute from 73-96. A guy named Dickerhoof owned the airport then.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Do you have to dress up to go to Target?Only on Sunday. :D

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 04:36 PM
oNE OF TARGET'S EMPLOYEES WAS RECALLED TO ACTIVE DUTY AND WAS BASICALLY TOLD THAT HIS JOB WOULD NOT BE THERE WHEN HE RETURNED. tHEIR POLICIES FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL IS SOMETHING LESS THAN ACCEPTABLE. sEARS ON THE OTHER HAND HAS DONE ADMIRABLY DURING THIS TIME OF MASSIVE RECALLS OF OUR nATIONAL gUARDSMEN. i WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO SHOP AT sEARS.I just bought a weed eater at Sears, and the clerk gave me service that far exceeded my expectations.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 04:40 PM
I'll bet you drive a Jap car too. The US be damned, I want my convenience.Dude, guys with UAW hats are in my store bitching that they can get Science Diet cheaper at Petsmart.

With a mentality like that, it is no wonder their cars are shitty.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 04:43 PM
I get pissed off every time I go in a Wal-Mart. They do a good job and they have wide aisles but some of those women's asses take up most of it. You can't pass them. They should be required to have a beeper to notify me if they start backing up.Which begs the question, why were you following so closely to that ass in the first place. :hmmm:

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Not to mention how they jerk around their suppliers. They pay when they want to pay, you pack it exactly how they want it or it will get % taken off or returned, and walmart will send the sh*t back to you if it doesnt sell fast enough.How do you think they are able to "sell for less"?

The typical fool customer in this country thinks, "They buy so big, and they pass it on." I am sure they have economies of scale with their purchasing power, but they beat down their cost structures anyway they can as well.

Flooring the massive inventory that Walmart carries is their biggest enemy, as it is to any retailer.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Yep,in the early years of our business they ran an ad for the auto department and when I called about a past due bill I basically got told that they were Wal-Mart and I'd get paid when I got paid.I cancelled the contract as it wasn't fair to my other auto repair advertisers who were paying me on time.Did they ever pay you?

Skip Towne
04-20-2006, 04:53 PM
How do you think they are able to "sell for less"?

The typical fool customer in this country thinks, "They buy so big, and they pass it on." I am sure they have economies of scale with their purchasing power, but they beat down their cost structures anyway they can as well.

Flooring the massive inventory that Walmart carries is their biggest enemy, as it is to any retailer.
One time I ran out of 2 way splitters tha I pay 50 cents for. I went to WM to get one and guess what theirs cost? Yep, $8.96.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Right. Wal-Mart is successful because people are too stupid to know better. They are successful because they have the best logistics department in the world.

Wen you buy stuff at a Wal-Mart you are supporting all of the people that work in the stores, all of the people that work in the warehouses, all of the drivers that deliver products between the two, all of the people that work in the Arkansas office that run the place and all of the people in various service industries who soak up the Wal-Mart paychecks. As opposed to supporting Mr. Johnson's right to fall asleep at the counter of the local drug store while charging you $10 for four rolls of toilet paper. and all of the shareholders, which I am one. ;)

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 05:03 PM
And I titled this one "Corrosion of the Amercian Soul."sheet, you should see what the bottom of one of my gondolas would look like if I moved it. ROFL

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm certainly capable of being a jerk. I have been a jerk in the past and I will probably be a jerk again. FWIW, I'm a big fan of nonconformists but you really need to pick your battles. Surely there is some other method of expression you could select that would set you apart from other people that does not included GIVING EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO READS YOUR POSTS A FRICK'N HEADACHE. I don't care to strain my eyes to read your tripe. I'm sure it is quality tripe and I'm certain you are a decent person, but I'm not going to be subjected to your method of self expression. Whatever happened to body piercings and self mutilation? What happened to avatars and sigs?

Your typing method sucks. It's not amusing. It's not helpful. You are not sticking it to the man. You are not rebeling against society. You are hurting our eyes. When you choose to change your typing style to a more legible method, find some way to let me know because I'm forced to drop you onto my ignore list the moment I submit this reply.ROFL:clap:ROFL

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 05:15 PM
After calling 4 Target stores, 5 Game Stops, and all 3 Best Buy's in the Des Moines area, I finally got my XBox 360 at my local Wal-Mart.Just remember, everytime you boot that thing up, it is a "trailer park" x box.
:D

Skip Towne
04-20-2006, 05:18 PM
ROFL:clap:ROFL
If you liked that one go see Phobia's post 245.

listopencil
04-20-2006, 05:19 PM

All sites run by bitter ex-employees.

So are you going to bitch about the high price of medications while you are bitching about how low the Rx prices are at Wal-Mart? That would complete the bullshit biathalon.

No, they don't force people to work off the clock. That's outright bullshit. You actually get a written disciplinary action if you work off the clock for Wal-Mart. It was a third party cleaner that hired illegals. Wal-Mart uses the I-9 form for new hires just like everyone else.

Nope. They have been actively trying to promote women/minorities for quite a while. I've seen some of these "sexual harrassment" cases. Believe me, a lot of them are absolute bullshit. I do however personally know of three people that were fired from Wal-Mart for sexual harrassment. What else do you want the company to do in these cases?

The vendors rely on Wal-Mart for business. They damn well better do it exactly how Wal-Mart wants or they lose the contract.

So what? All of the Wal-Marts in my area don't sell firearms. I wish they did. Cigarettes are legal and aren't being sold to minors. They stopped selling music with explicit lyrics because too many tight asses were complaining. Again, so what?

I guess if people actually gave a shit about that they wouldn't be buying the stuff, would they?

Who cares?

listopencil
04-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Phobia
The people who are strongly defending Walmart are the people we're talking about. They're wearing a greasy t-shirt that doesn't quit cover their gut so anybody happening by gets a view of the lower half of their fat. They're buying 30 cases of Sam's Choice Diet Cola and 40 cases of Pringles. Their posse of kids are terrorizing the isles and picking out new shoes for school. It will take 3 hours for the employees to clean up after the little heithens upon their departure. The whole family (including grandma in her housecoat) piles into the 1974 Torino after getting a courtesy jump start from the store manager. Look in the mirror people. You're the reason snooty people don't go into Walmart. <HR SIZE=1>

I go into Wal-Mart by myself, I drive my '98 Ford to get there, I know where all the products are so I don't lollygag and I consume very little soda or beer. I hate car racing, by the way.

listopencil
04-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Just Another Joe
oNE OF TARGET'S EMPLOYEES WAS RECALLED TO ACTIVE DUTY AND WAS BASICALLY TOLD THAT HIS JOB WOULD NOT BE THERE WHEN HE RETURNED. tHEIR POLICIES FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL IS SOMETHING LESS THAN ACCEPTABLE. sEARS ON THE OTHER HAND HAS DONE ADMIRABLY DURING THIS TIME OF MASSIVE RECALLS OF OUR nATIONAL gUARDSMEN. i WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO SHOP AT sEARS. <HR SIZE=1> I work at a Wal-Mart warehouse. We have several reservists there who have left to go active and came back to work. I'm working with two right now. We had a big mural up front with their pictures on it when a lot of them had to go. We made a decision to hire part time help to fill in while they were gone. Other than that, it was made clear that we might have to run a little short handed in the short-term. It was a sacrifice we were more than willing to make.

listopencil
04-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Just remember, everytime you boot that thing up, it is a "trailer park" x box.
:D

Also remember that if anything goes wrong with it they will refund your price no problem. They will also exchange it with another if you have no receipt. They will give you a Wal-Mart card with the purchase price credited to it if they are out of stock.

Adept Havelock
04-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Wal-Mart hasn't got a single dollar from me in many years. I'd rather spend my dollars in locally owned shops to have a better effect on my local economy, even if it costs a little more.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 05:42 PM
You hill people don't need those fancy clothes anyway. Well, except to go to Wal-Mart.ROFL

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Are you sure Wal-Mart has Levis? I've never seen them. I go to Penneys for them.We flatlanders out here in the valley have to go to Mervyns to get Genuine Levis.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Don't go on a Friday night, either. Friday is "pay day" for alot of people.It is also where the trailer crew go to cruise for dates.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 07:08 PM
If you liked that one go see Phobia's post 245.If you couldn't tell, I read the whole thread, very entertaining to read in between deals.

I just traded out some 2 month old pullets for 5 bucks a piece. Picked up 8 roosters for FREE. There is gonna be some fresh BB Q tonight. hehehe.

Calcountry
04-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Just Another Joe
oNE OF TARGET'S EMPLOYEES WAS RECALLED TO ACTIVE DUTY AND WAS BASICALLY TOLD THAT HIS JOB WOULD NOT BE THERE WHEN HE RETURNED. tHEIR POLICIES FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL IS SOMETHING LESS THAN ACCEPTABLE. sEARS ON THE OTHER HAND HAS DONE ADMIRABLY DURING THIS TIME OF MASSIVE RECALLS OF OUR nATIONAL gUARDSMEN. i WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO SHOP AT sEARS. <HR SIZE=1>I work at a Wal-Mart warehouse. We have several reservists there who have left to go active and came back to work. I'm working with two right now. We had a big mural up front with their pictures on it when a lot of them had to go. We made a decision to hire part time help to fill in while they were gone. Other than that, it was made clear that we might have to run a little short handed in the short-term. It was a sacrifice we were more than willing to make.My Nephew works at the one in Red Bluff.

Skip Towne
04-20-2006, 07:15 PM
During the Civil War, when I was in the Air National Guard, the feds mandated that your job be held for you. Unless they have changed that law, WM could be in a lot of trouble.

gblowfish
04-20-2006, 07:16 PM
All sites run by bitter ex-employees.

So are you going to bitch about the high price of medications while you are bitching about how low the Rx prices are at Wal-Mart? That would complete the bullshit biathalon.

No, they don't force people to work off the clock. That's outright bullshit. You actually get a written disciplinary action if you work off the clock for Wal-Mart. It was a third party cleaner that hired illegals. Wal-Mart uses the I-9 form for new hires just like everyone else.

Nope. They have been actively trying to promote women/minorities for quite a while. I've seen some of these "sexual harrassment" cases. Believe me, a lot of them are absolute bullshit. I do however personally know of three people that were fired from Wal-Mart for sexual harrassment. What else do you want the company to do in these cases?

The vendors rely on Wal-Mart for business. They damn well better do it exactly how Wal-Mart wants or they lose the contract.

So what? All of the Wal-Marts in my area don't sell firearms. I wish they did. Cigarettes are legal and aren't being sold to minors. They stopped selling music with explicit lyrics because too many tight asses were complaining. Again, so what?

I guess if people actually gave a shit about that they wouldn't be buying the stuff, would they?

Who cares?

Mr. Glass, it's nice of you to stop by the CP. How bout selling the Royals to somebody who cares about baseball?

BTW: Wally World is the number one litigated company in the world. More lawsuits against Wally than any other company anywhere. Sure, it's big. But it's also bad!
http://www.wal-martlitigation.com/

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2006, 07:19 PM
I worked at a Wal-Mart one summer as an undergrad. The Dillons next door had a certain kind of salad dressing on sale for 99 cents. Wal-Mart's price was much higher. SO, one of the grocery managers told a few of us guys to go over to Dillons and buy up their inventory. That didn't sit well with me, so I didn't go. Anyway, when they got back (with a grocery cart full of salad dressing), the guys were told to go to the sink and dump each one of them out (they couldn't keep them to sell them due to their inventory system). They dumped every one of the bottles. I ended up getting fired a weeks or so later; I actually told the manager that I quit a few days after the salad dressing incident, but he didn't accept it due to their policy of 2-weeks notice (I was fired for several days of no call/no show).

The point is: That was the slimiest thing I had ever witnessed. The customer lost, Dillons lost, and Wal-Mart "won." I've got many other stories and I only worked there for a month (frozen foods).

Nzoner
04-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Did they ever pay you?

Yes,about 90 days later.

Hydrae
04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Interesting thread and not far from what I expected when I opened it up. I anticipated a lot of Wally world bashing, both of the store and the customers. I am here to say that I shop at Wal-Mart on a regular basis for those reasons listed before, price and convenience.

At the same time I recognize that Wally World is terrible for the local economy. Most smaller towns give WM a tax break to build there after being promised lots of new jobs. So not only are the profits not staying in town, there is less tax income on the local level as well. For this reason, I shop locally when I can. But picking one chain store over another does nothing for me locally. The hardware store is locally owned though, so that is where I go whenever I can.

As to the complaints about China getting all this manufacturing business, look at our tax structure in this country and tell me why any business wouldn't do the same thing. All companies are in business to make a profit and if you can cut your overhead (especially labor, this is the easiest cost to adjust) you will. This is economics 101. If this bothers you, again, help change our tax laws so that we are not soaking 50% or more of the price of an item into the government. Lower the tax burden on manufacturers (national sales tax rather than income tax) and you will see a lot of those jobs coming back here where they belong without having the cost of things go through the roof at the same time.

*climbing off soap box now*

Saulbadguy
04-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I've got many other stories and I only worked there for a month (frozen foods).
Well, don't leave us hangin!

Simplex3
04-20-2006, 09:25 PM
As to the complaints about China getting all this manufacturing business, look at our tax structure in this country and tell me why any business wouldn't do the same thing. All companies are in business to make a profit and if you can cut your overhead (especially labor, this is the easiest cost to adjust) you will. This is economics 101. If this bothers you, again, help change our tax laws so that we are not soaking 50% or more of the price of an item into the government. Lower the tax burden on manufacturers (national sales tax rather than income tax) and you will see a lot of those jobs coming back here where they belong without having the cost of things go through the roof at the same time.

:clap:

milkman
04-20-2006, 10:11 PM

Wait!

When did employees start cleaning?

listopencil
04-20-2006, 11:10 PM
My Nephew works at the one in Red Bluff.

That's where I work, what job does he do?

listopencil
04-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Mr. Glass, it's nice of you to stop by the CP. How bout selling the Royals to somebody who cares about baseball?

Nope, I'm not a big shot at all. I just get sick of people repeating the same tired lies and outright bullshit over and over.

BTW: Wally World is the number one litigated company in the world. More lawsuits against Wally than any other company anywhere. Sure, it's big. But it's also bad!
http://www.wal-martlitigation.com/

1) Wal-Mart has deep pockets. They are a big target.

2) Wal-Mart grew too fast. There have been several cases of management making some really stupid decisions that bit Wal-Mart in the ass because there are managers in the company who are absolutely incompetent.

listopencil
04-20-2006, 11:18 PM
At the same time I recognize that Wally World is terrible for the local economy. Most smaller towns give WM a tax break to build there after being promised lots of new jobs.

The warehouse where I work is the coveted job in this area. Many of the local businesses in our town depend on Wal-Mart paychecks. The best way to help the economy is to put money into the pocket of John Q. Public.

Rausch
04-21-2006, 03:12 AM
That you're actually Bill Braskie?

No, it means my testicles have hairs curled so tight that they confuse Michio Kaku...

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 07:38 AM
listopencil,

The one thing I won't agree with you on is the sexual discrimination policies.

I've seen them with my own eyes. Sorry.

ROYC75
04-21-2006, 07:59 AM
I worked at a Wal-Mart one summer as an undergrad. The Dillons next door had a certain kind of salad dressing on sale for 99 cents. Wal-Mart's price was much higher. SO, one of the grocery managers told a few of us guys to go over to Dillons and buy up their inventory. That didn't sit well with me, so I didn't go. Anyway, when they got back (with a grocery cart full of salad dressing), the guys were told to go to the sink and dump each one of them out (they couldn't keep them to sell them due to their inventory system). They dumped every one of the bottles. I ended up getting fired a weeks or so later; I actually told the manager that I quit a few days after the salad dressing incident, but he didn't accept it due to their policy of 2-weeks notice (I was fired for several days of no call/no show).

The point is: That was the slimiest thing I had ever witnessed. The customer lost, Dillons lost, and Wal-Mart "won." I've got many other stories and I only worked there for a month (frozen foods).

Customers lost ........ maybe check, only if a Dillons customer visited the store before being restocked.

Dillions lost .......... Nope, profit, they sold the product and ordered more.

Wal-Mart won ....... Nope, if they bought the invetory, they lost more money on this one incident that they gained. How many bottles of salad dressing do you think Wal-Mart sold from that. The stuff they bought got no profit at all.

Sounds like a stupid managers decision that back fired on his ass.

ROYC75
04-21-2006, 08:41 AM
BTW, I must travel to Wal-Mart today.

I must pickup our medication, oil,a 2 inch ball for the pickup, some rope, a few rubber bungie straps.

Will I over pay for them ,get poor value on the dollar and possibly do harm to the local economy if I buy from them today ?

Brock
04-21-2006, 08:52 AM
BTW, I must travel to Wal-Mart today.

I must pickup our medication, oil,a 2 inch ball for the pickup, some rope, a few rubber bungie straps.

Will I over pay for them ,get poor value on the dollar and possibly do harm to the local economy if I buy from them today ?

Check and see if they have a tool for picking flesh out of Chinese tank treads. I've been looking for one of those.

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm going to Wal-Mart tonight to buy some pork butts and a brisket. I guess my neighbor is never gonna find a job now.

Brock
04-21-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm going to Wal-Mart tonight to buy some pork butts and a brisket. I guess my neighbor is never gonna find a job now.

That's going to be some crappy meat. Enjoy!

KingPriest2
04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
I lived in Chanute from 73-96. A guy named Dickerhoof owned the airport then.

Do you know a guy with the last name of Wiggans?

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
That's going to be some crappy meat. Enjoy!

Actually, briskets and butts are pre-packaged regardless of where you buy them. Unless you're going to buy them at a true renderer/locker, which I don't have the time to do.

Wal-Mart sells shitty beef and other fresh meat, but they sell Hormel pork butts, ribs, and briskets. Hy-Vee sells John Morrell, and the local butcher sells Farmland. The Hormel meats are actually slightly higher quality, and much cheaper at Wal-Mart than the other 2 places.

Brock
04-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Actually, briskets and butts are pre-packaged regardless of where you buy them. Unless you're going to buy them at a true renderer/locker, which I don't have the time to do.

It doesn't take any longer to go to a meat locker than it does to go to Wal Mart. Jeezus, you live in Iowa.

Chiefs Express
04-21-2006, 09:36 AM
We flatlanders out here in the valley have to go to Mervyns to get Genuine Levis.

In our area we used to go to Mervyns to get Levi's, but they ripped them all away from us. Even the Penney's have been cut out in many cities.

Anyway, since they are made in China now Levi's are overrated.

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Check and see if they have a tool for picking flesh out of Chinese tank treads. I've been looking for one of those.
:rolleyes: ROFL

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 11:40 AM
It doesn't take any longer to go to a meat locker than it does to go to Wal Mart. Jeezus, you live in Iowa.

Surprisingly enough, the days of the local meat locker are dying here. We've got tons of processing plants and very few local lockers anymore. The closest one to me is almost an hour away.

listopencil
04-21-2006, 04:35 PM
listopencil,

The one thing I won't agree with you on is the sexual discrimination policies.

I've seen them with my own eyes. Sorry.

I've seen a lot of things with my own eyes as well. I reported them and they were corrected. I won't disagree that sexual discrimination exists in the workplace in this country. I disagree that Wal-Mart in particular has policies/culture that encourage it.

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 04:54 PM
I've seen a lot of things with my own eyes as well. I reported them and they were corrected. I won't disagree that sexual discrimination exists in the workplace in this country. I disagree that Wal-Mart in particular has policies/culture that encourage it.

I can't say for sure that the culture permeates Wal-Mart all the way to the top, but I can say 100% for certain that it's a culture adopted by several of the store managers and 2 area managers here...

listopencil
04-21-2006, 05:08 PM
I can't say for sure that the culture permeates Wal-Mart all the way to the top, but I can say 100% for certain that it's a culture adopted by several of the store managers and 2 area managers here...

The warehouses get more attention than the stores and it is already being addressed there. It will get to the stores in time. It's not part of the culture top-to-bottom.