PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young will be a Chiefs....

ChiefsOne
04-20-2006, 04:21 PM
....if he drops to 20. Herm said he would for sure draft him at 20.

In all seriousness he said he would take the best athlete on the board, preferably DT or CB.

He also likes Brad Smith in the middle rounds.

JBucc
04-20-2006, 04:21 PM
really

ChiefsOne
04-20-2006, 04:22 PM
It was all jokingly, but he did say it.

nychief
04-20-2006, 04:24 PM
great post!

blueballs
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Marcus Vick

ChiefsOne
04-20-2006, 04:29 PM
He said they would have to have a loooooong discussion about Vick.

blueballs
04-20-2006, 04:31 PM
sucks

Mecca
04-20-2006, 04:34 PM
If the Chiefs picked Vince Young I might kill myself.

bringbackmarty
04-20-2006, 05:03 PM
no way, It would be great. WE get up on Oakland by like 30, then we pull green to keep him healthy, and it's run the ball with johnson, and on third down, or when he needs a break, well... we have Vince.

Dave Lane
04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Yuck Yuck and double Yuck!

Dave

Skip Towne
04-20-2006, 05:12 PM
I'd agree to this if we change our offense to the triple option.

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Sporting News has us taking him in the sixth round. That might not be too bad.

nychief
04-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Sporting News has us taking him in the sixth round. That might not be too bad.

Marcus Vick or Brad Smith?

Reaper16
04-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Marcus Vick or Brad Smith?
Hopefully Brad Smith, I wouldn't be mad at that.

Logical
04-20-2006, 06:45 PM

In all seriousness he said he would take the best athlete on the board, preferably DT or CB.

He also likes Brad Smith in the middle rounds.If we draft Vince Young I will search for this thread and neg rep you to oblivion.

You have been warned.

nychief
04-20-2006, 06:49 PM
If we draft Vince Young I will search for this thread and neg rep you to oblivion.

You have been warned.

put down the neg rep. we are friends here, right? I'm your friend... slowly hand me the neg rep.

Logical
04-20-2006, 06:52 PM
put down the neg rep. we are friends here, right? I'm your friend... slowly hand me the neg rep.LOL, nice

Mr. Laz
04-20-2006, 07:14 PM
i imagine there are 8 or 9 players that we would take at 20 no matter whether we needed anything at that position or not.

Reggie Bush HB Southern California
Vince Young QB Texas
Matt Leinart QB Southern California
Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State
Vernon Davis TE Maryland
D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

none of these are probably gonna be there when we pick ... But i don't imagine there's anyway we'd pass on any of them if they were.

Logical
04-20-2006, 07:16 PM
i imagine there are 8 or 9 players that we would take at 20 no matter whether we needed anything at that position or not.

Reggie Bush HB Southern California
Vince Young QB Texas
Matt Leinart QB Southern California
Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State
Vernon Davis TE Maryland
D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

none of these are probably gonna be there when we pick ... But i don't imagine there's anyway we'd pass on any of them if they were.

And I would be fine with everyone of those except Young, unless the plan was to convert him to a safety.

kcxiv
04-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Would take young in a heartbeat.

Otter
04-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Don't know anything about Vince Young.

If Jay Cutler is still on the board when the Chiefs are up and they don't take I'm gonna....well I'm gonna...

Make a post? :shrug:

Deberg_1990
04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
If we draft Vince Young I will search for this thread and neg rep you to oblivion.

You have been warned.

If V Young is is still there when we pick how could you not consider drafting that guy??? How many os us have screamed for a young stud QBoTF for years?? A guy with that kind of talent and potential would be nearly impossible to passover (value wise) at #20

nychief
04-20-2006, 10:11 PM
If V Young is is still there when we pick how could you not consider drafting that guy??? How many os us have screamed for a young stud QBoTF for years?? A guy with that kind of talent and potential would be nearly impossible to passover (value wise) at #20

yes. we would draft him if he fell. but he will be gone by pick 7.

PastorMikH
04-20-2006, 10:16 PM

You have been warned.

I really didn't have much of an opinion on Young until I read this. The last time Jim was so adamant about his displeasure on a draft pick, he ate his words big time as LJ turned into a stud. BRING ON VICE YOUNG!!!

:p

The Bad Guy
04-20-2006, 10:46 PM
I'd be happy with Vince Young.

Ebolapox
04-20-2006, 10:52 PM
hmmmm... it'd be interesting to see a randy moss-esque fall...

anyone know how to get young associated with pot??

CoMoChief
04-21-2006, 12:48 AM
If he dropped to us that would be great. There are many good players with talent in the 2nd-4th rounds.

RedDread
04-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Vince is going to the Raiders.

Aaron Brooks is not the answer.

What's the question?

"Who is a good starting QB?"

Rausch
04-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Vince is going to the Raiders.

Aaron Brooks is not the answer.

What's the question?

"Who is a good starting QB?"

I'd bet Brooks wins more playoff games for ANY team from now until retirement than Vince does in his entire NFL career...

KCChiefsMan
04-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't have a problem taking Young at #20, I'd rather go D. But if Young was still there...I mean, take the risk! it's not like he'd be an expected starter for about 2 years at least. We took a risk with Larry Johnson and that paid off dividends

Rausch
04-21-2006, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't have a problem taking Young at #20

Reason #412 you need your ass kicked...

King_Chief_Fan
04-21-2006, 06:06 AM

He also likes Brad Smith in the middle rounds.

When is the best athlete a DT?

ChiefsOne
04-21-2006, 09:23 AM

You have been warned.

Why neg me, I didn't say it I was just passing it along! But, with no hesitation I would take Young at 20 and smile all the way. Did you watch the Rose Bowl? VY was a man amoung boys, he took his team and pounded USC's ass!

ChiefsOne
04-21-2006, 09:25 AM
When is the best athlete a DT?

That didn't come out right. I meant best player at position. All the while Herm was talking about needing more DTs and CBs.

dj56dt58
04-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Marcus Vick
All Vick would do is shoot JW the first time he pisses him off

:)

Eleazar
04-21-2006, 09:35 AM
I have never had a kneejerk draft meltdown like so many people seem to have every year. But if we taked that overrated, underdeveloped project with our first round pick and ignore all the other needs on the team I'm going to end up trashing my apartment or something.

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2006, 09:44 AM
That didn't come out right. I meant best player at position. All the while Herm was talking about needing more DTs and CBs.

It's all deflection, Herm has a mancrush on Manny Lawson

kepp
04-21-2006, 09:57 AM
VY was a man amoung boys, he took his team and pounded USC's ass!
That sure doesn't make him a man in my book.

Seriously, though - I know he's a great athlete and all, but I just don't think he has the smarts to run our offense.

penchief
04-21-2006, 10:40 AM
It's all deflection, Herm has a mancrush on Manny Lawson

You might be right but watching the press conference I kind of got the impression that Herm would rather have a defensive end that can play every down. It seemed like that to me when he was answering a question about Lawson. I may have been reading between the lines but that's what I got out of it.

Logical
04-21-2006, 11:15 AM

Because he is going to be another failure as a QB that is a great runningback playing out of position. He has no talent for reading defense and lacks a fine touch that a quality pocket passer (what you need to be in the NFL) requires. Strong arm, great speed, decent moves but not a QB. Like I said he would also make a grest safety most likely in the NFL. If we were to take him for that position I would be fine with it. Hell if we were to take himf for a slash like role I would be fine with it. Just not as a QB.

Logical
04-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I'd bet Brooks wins more playoff games for ANY team from now until retirement than Vince does in his entire NFL career...I absolutely agree.

Skip Towne
04-21-2006, 11:19 AM
What is Young's 40 time? He doesn't look very fast to me.

Logical
04-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Why neg me, I didn't say it I was just passing it along! But, with no hesitation I would take Young at 20 and smile all the way. Did you watch the Rose Bowl? VY was a man amoung boys, he took his team and pounded USC's ass!

You will never see a QB pull the shit he pulled in that game in the Pros all the defensive players are far to fast. They will eat him alive and he will be throwing the ball away scrambling for short gains instead of long gains and tossing up INTs. Yeah he will on occasion break a long run but he will also be carrying 40-50 QB rating.

Logical
04-21-2006, 11:22 AM

I don't know Skip but he actually pretty fast, he is one of those guys that are really long legged and don't look as fast as they are, remember Amos Otis, he never looked all that fast for the Royals but he was the 2nd fastest guy on the team.

58-4ever
04-21-2006, 11:24 AM

4.57, but that is track speed. For years I have wished they would time 40's with pads on.

Skip Towne
04-21-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't know Skip but he actually pretty fast, he is one of those guys that are really long legged and don't look as fast as they are, remember Amos Otis, he never looked all that fast for the Royals but he was the 2nd fastest guy on the team.
AO was a freak. He had more power to the opposite field than anybody I ever saw. I think he corked his bat as well. Young just looks like he runs too long in one place.

alanm
04-21-2006, 11:40 AM
We don't need a QB with a 10 cent brain. :shake:

Eleazar
04-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Because he is going to be another failure as a QB that is a great runningback playing out of position. He has no talent for reading defense and lacks a fine touch that a quality pocket passer (what you need to be in the NFL) requires. Strong arm, great speed, decent moves but not a QB. Like I said he would also make a grest safety most likely in the NFL. If we were to take him for that position I would be fine with it. Hell if we were to take himf for a slash like role I would be fine with it. Just not as a QB.

We need a qbotf who is a PASSER.

We don't need another Michael Vick passing for 123 yards and 3 interceptions.

SBK
04-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Since V. Young isn't a passer I thought I would pass this news flash along.... :)

2005 Stats

V Young

3036 Yards passing
65.2% Completion %
26/10 TD INT Ratio
163.95 Passer Rating
(He also ran for 1050 yards and 12 more touchdowns)
HE SUCKS!!! :cuss:

For comparison

M Leinart

3815 Yards passing
65.7% Completion %
28/8 TD/INT Ratio
157.74 Passer Rating

J Cutler

3073 Yards passing
59.1% Completion %
21/9 TD/INT Ratio
126.1 Passer Rating

Then again, Texas sucked, and they didn't play anybody all year, I think they were playing high school teams or something.

If V Young is available at 20, you take him.

ChiefsOne
04-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Since V. Young isn't a passer I thought I would pass this news flash along.... :)

Great post Shortbus!

Skip Towne
04-21-2006, 12:56 PM
4.57, but that is track speed. For years I have wished they would time 40's with pads on.
So much for converting him to a CB.

SBK
04-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Great post Shortbus!

I feel like a doofus posting stats on a message board....

There must be better things I can do with my time. ROFL

Demonpenz
04-21-2006, 01:19 PM
i hope V young is there. That would get the media attention the chiefs deserve.

Munson
04-21-2006, 01:24 PM
I pray that the Chiefs pass on Young if he's there at #20. I have this feeling that he will be a bust. Yes, he has great athleticism, but I'm less than impressed with his passing game. It seems that everyone has based their opinion of VY based on the Rose Bowl, and not his entire body of work. But Carl won't have to worry about drafting him, because he'll be gone long before we pick.

SBK
04-21-2006, 01:26 PM
I pray that the Chiefs pass on Young if he's there at #20. I have this feeling that he will be a bust. Yes, he has great athleticism, but I'm less than impressed with his passing game. It seems that everyone has based their opinion of VY based on the Rose Bowl, and not his entire body of work. But Carl won't have to worry about drafting him, because he'll be gone long before we pick.

He won't make it past the Raiders, if he falls that far.

I hope he gets picked early, because I can only imagine how our _efense would look with Young running nekkid boots out of the Denver backfield. :shake:

alanm
04-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I feel like a doofus posting stats on a message board....

There must be better things I can do with my time. ROFL
Texas doesn't play a pro style offense. Unless you count the shotgun. You get Young up under center and hes got a real problem. There's a reason they ran the shotgun almost exclusively at Texas. He can't read defenses. :shake: Ever wonder why Texas Tech QB's put up ungodly numbers but almost never get drafted. Same reason.

Mecca
04-21-2006, 01:34 PM

2005 Stats

V Young

3036 Yards passing
65.2% Completion %
26/10 TD INT Ratio
163.95 Passer Rating
(He also ran for 1050 yards and 12 more touchdowns)
HE SUCKS!!! :cuss:

For comparison

M Leinart

3815 Yards passing
65.7% Completion %
28/8 TD/INT Ratio
157.74 Passer Rating

J Cutler

3073 Yards passing
59.1% Completion %
21/9 TD/INT Ratio
126.1 Passer Rating

Then again, Texas sucked, and they didn't play anybody all year, I think they were playing high school teams or something.

When comparing the guy who played in the spread shotgun college offense to 2 guys who played in pro style offenses there is quite a large difference.

alanm
04-21-2006, 01:39 PM
When comparing the guy who played in the spread shotgun college offense to 2 guys who played in pro style offenses there is quite a large difference.
Don't confuse the poor guy with the complexities of college offenses. He's going on stats alone. :)

SBK
04-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Don't confuse the poor guy with the complexities of college offenses. He's going on stats alone. :)

He did make the last 2 heisman winners look ordinary in the Rose Bowl.

Brock
04-21-2006, 01:52 PM

I thought that was the Longhorns defense.

Logical
04-21-2006, 01:52 PM

Wow that is important in evaluating a potential Pro QB. Never mind he can't read defenses, scrambles around for 6 to 10 seconds (he will get at most 5 total in the NFL) before he throws the ball at which point one of his receivers has broken back to come to Young for the reception. You see that happening every day in the NFL right?

SBK
04-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Wow that is important in evaluating a potential Pro QB. Never mind he can't read defenses, scrambles around for 6 to 10 seconds (he will get at most 5 total in the NFL) before he throws the ball at which point one of his receivers has broken back to come to Young for the reception. You see that happening every day in the NFL right?

LJ was horrid pick too.

Brock
04-21-2006, 01:55 PM
LJ was horrid pick too.

What a stupid comparison. Really, really stupid.

SBK
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
What a stupid comparison. Really, really stupid.

Everybody knocked how he ran upright, and he was slow and everything else. He turned out ok.

I'm not saying we need to trade up or anything, I hope the guy is long gone, but if he's there at 20 I don't know how you pass on him.

Texas wouldn't have done anywhere near to what they did this year without him. The guys a freak, and he's gonna do fine in the NFL.