PDA

View Full Version : #1 reason not to root for the Royals

Hootie
04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
the Pittsburgh Pirates, Royals and Twins each earned more than $20 million.

and we can't field a better team than this disaster?

petegz28
04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
The problem is the players and atmosphere the GM has created in the clubhouse. And Glass to an extent. But Glass uped the $'s this year. Baird signed maybe all he could but that says a lot about the team he has created

Hootie
04-20-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm just glad the Royals are making money!!!!!

20 million!!!

And we couldn't afford Beltran!!!

Simplex3
04-20-2006, 09:34 PM

20 million!!!

Like any one guy is going to help this train wreck of a team.

Deberg_1990
04-20-2006, 09:57 PM
PTCHING, PITCHING, PITCHING is the #1 problem with this team and has been for about the past 10 years. We havent developed any successful starting pitchers "in house" since Appier about 15 years ago. Thats says alot right there.

Sure-Oz
04-20-2006, 10:00 PM
I wish you guys could've heard willie wilson on the spot tonight. He just thinks they should bring back players to coach from the early 80's team, esp 85. Makes sense since those guys knew how to win. Wilson said "give me athletes" and he could teach them to be good, not just a guy who can hit etc...he's got a point.

Skip Towne
04-20-2006, 10:03 PM
I was a staunch Royals fan from'69 to '94 when the arrogant, uneducated, tobacco spitting prima donna players ran me off with their strike. So the Royals becme a non-entity to me. Then I joined this board and now Royals bullshit is force fed to me while they are a complete piece of shit. (Nevermind their piss ignorant followers have their own forum they refuse to use). So I would say the number 1 reason to hate the Royals is that they clog my favorite forum every day for half the year. Imagine what it would be like if the Royals were actually good. I hope they fail and are moved out of KC. I really don't want to wish that on the city but I want them out of my life completely like they were before I joined this board. I hate the Royals.

KCChiefsMan
04-21-2006, 01:06 AM
did anyone actually expect the Royal's to be good????

CoMoChief
04-21-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm just not gonna give them any of my money if they cant produce on the field. What have the Royals done for any of us in the last 15 years? Provided us with a Major League team is really all anyone can say. At least the Chiefs have had a record above .500 in the past decade or so.

MNchief
04-21-2006, 01:39 AM
I used to be proud to be a Royals fan... one season, I think I caught probably 75% of the games on the Royals Radio Network growing up in Iowa... Denny Matthews and Fred White. Loved every minute, and really was proud to look to Brett, Otis, Wilson, Mcrae, hell... even Pete LaCock and Jaime Martin.

But like the post earlier, the strike in 94 (95?) and economics have soured me on baseball as a sport. We use to develop talent in Omaha and have the Clint Hurdles show promise in KC... now, we sign washed up DH's like Doug M (too tired to spell it out).

Rausch
04-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Because baseball is a rotting corpse that's just too stupid to admit it's dead and lay down with dignity?...

petegz28
04-21-2006, 05:47 AM
I was a staunch Royals fan from'69 to '94 when the arrogant, uneducated, tobacco spitting prima donna players ran me off with their strike. So the Royals becme a non-entity to me. Then I joined this board and now Royals bullshit is force fed to me while they are a complete piece of shit. (Nevermind their piss ignorant followers have their own forum they refuse to use). So I would say the number 1 reason to hate the Royals is that they clog my favorite forum every day for half the year. Imagine what it would be like if the Royals were actually good. I hope they fail and are moved out of KC. I really don't want to wish that on the city but I want them out of my life completely like they were before I joined this board. I hate the Royals.

Someone is FORCING you to read the posts you don't want to read? :deevee:

I say B.S.!

HemiEd
04-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Someone is FORCING you to read the posts you don't want to read? :deevee:

I say B.S.!

You did have three Royals threads on the front page a couple days ago. We need the room for the shopping and popularity threads.

hawkchief
04-21-2006, 07:19 AM
Count me in with Skip. I really get sick of the stupid fans that think if we fire Baird, or Glass spends another 5 million, or if Zack Grienke comes back, or if Buddy Bell makes better decisions that things will be much better.

BS people. Under the current economics of MLB, the game is ruined, and the remaining "fans" find excitement in aspiring for a outside chance to be a .500 team - not being a genuine competitor (like we used to be) for the World Series. It amazes me that more people aren't fed up with the system that has transformed America's pastime/sport into a flat-out, greed-oriented business. I personally hope that the Royals lose every game until something is done to restore some form of balance and equity so that my kids can enjoy MLB as a game/sport someday and not the steroid infested, money grab it has become. We are not better than a farm team to the big boys of the league, and have been so for years. Wake up and smell the coffee, folks.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-21-2006, 07:41 AM
What have the Royals done for any of us in the last 15 years? Provided us with a Major League team
Are you sure about that......??????

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Count me in with Skip. I really get sick of the stupid fans that think if we fire Baird, or Glass spends another 5 million, or if Zack Grienke comes back, or if Buddy Bell makes better decisions that things will be much better.

BS people. Under the current economics of MLB, the game is ruined, and the remaining "fans" find excitement in aspiring for a outside chance to be a .500 team - not being a genuine competitor (like we used to be) for the World Series. It amazes me that more people aren't fed up with the system that has transformed America's pastime/sport into a flat-out, greed-oriented business. I personally hope that the Royals lose every game until something is done to restore some form of balance and equity so that my kids can enjoy MLB as a game/sport someday and not the steroid infested, money grab it has become. We are not better than a farm team to the big boys of the league, and have been so for years. Wake up and smell the coffee, folks.
Obviously you're not a "real" fan.

Economics bullshit. The Twins and A's compete every year. Other small market teams do ok. Look at the Brewers this year. Our team is just run by a bunch of dumb ****s.

hawkchief
04-21-2006, 08:04 AM
The Twins were getting in the playoffs because they were winning a division full of low-end teams including the Royals. Someone had to win the division. The A's have had limited success, but if you think that long-term, any small market teams can sustain competitiveness against teams with payrolls 4-5X larger, you are simply delusional. How about I take $100,000 and you take $20,000 and we each buy a car and have a race. Guess what, my Mercedes will beat your Focus most every time. Yes, I might blow a tire once and a while, but odds are, I will torch you. That's what baseball has become. The owner that spends the most money and acumulates most of the talent, over time, will usually win.

It's the 8000-12000 "fans" attending games, like youself, buying tickets, souveniers, $6 hot dogs and sodas that help MLB perpetuate this charade they attempt to disguise as a game.

Sully
04-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I'll always love the Royals.
But till Glass is gone, I am going to find a bandwagon to jump on, so that I don't get so depressed.

greg63
04-21-2006, 08:13 AM
and we can't field a better team than this disaster?

That, I believe, about sums it up.

Kerberos
04-21-2006, 08:21 AM
#1 reason not to root for the Royalsr?

You mean there are more reasons OTHER than THEY SUCK?

:hmmm:

beavis
04-21-2006, 08:56 AM
The Twins were getting in the playoffs because they were winning a division full of low-end teams including the Royals. Someone had to win the division. The A's have had limited success, but if you think that long-term, any small market teams can sustain competitiveness against teams with payrolls 4-5X larger, you are simply delusional. How about I take $100,000 and you take $20,000 and we each buy a car and have a race. Guess what, my Mercedes will beat your Focus most every time. Yes, I might blow a tire once and a while, but odds are, I will torch you. That's what baseball has become. The owner that spends the most money and acumulates most of the talent, over time, will usually win.

It's the 8000-12000 "fans" attending games, like youself, buying tickets, souveniers, $6 hot dogs and sodas that help MLB perpetuate this charade they attempt to disguise as a game.
At least someone gets it. :clap:

beavis
04-21-2006, 08:58 AM
I'll always love the Royals.
But till Glass is gone, I am going to find a bandwagon to jump on, so that I don't get so depressed.
This should probably have it's own thread, but I'll post it here for all of you Glass haters.

Link (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14391959.htm)

Glass: This can't continue
Quick turnaround may be only way for Baird to save job
By BOB DUTTON
The Kansas City Star

Disgusted by the Royals’ 2-12 start to the 2006 season? Insisting that something be done? The club’s No. 1 fan is right there with you.

And owner David Glass, often criticized in the past for his patience, is promising swift action if his Royals continue to bungle their way toward another cheerless summer.

“It has to change quickly,” Glass said. “We are not willing to wait to see if it gets better. We have to make it get better. As a fan, you lose games and it just sticks with you. You dwell on it. Each loss makes it worse.”

Glass’ comments come as the Royals prepare to open a nine-game home stand tonight after concluding an 0-9 trip through New York, Tampa Bay and Chicago. The Royals have lost 10 straight overall.

“If it doesn’t turn around,” Glass promised, “we’ll have to change things. We can’t wait too long. I’m not willing to go through a season like we did last year. None of us are.”

Glass declined to specify a timetable or what changes he has in mind, but any major shake-up seems likely to start with general manager Allard Baird, whose rebuilding plan is entering its sixth full season without measurable progress.

The Royals are 370-551 since Baird became general manager on June 17, 2000, and have lost 100 or more games in three of the last four seasons.

This year’s disappointing start comes after Glass authorized a payroll increase to $50 million or more, which allowed Baird to spend nearly $25 million on veteran players to supplement a youthful roster that, too often, found itself overwhelmed a year ago.

“We all know we’re a better club than we’ve shown,” Baird said. “Offensively, guys are pressing. It doesn’t help that we’ve faced a lot of good pitching. But, that said, you have to figure out a way.

“Our pitching, we’ve got some guys out (with injuries). That’s not an excuse. It’s something you deal with. But the bottom line is we need better results.”

Baird acknowledges that pressure is mounting because of the club’s poor play, but he continues to insist that the organization’s top prospects — Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, Justin Huber and others — won’t be summoned to the big leagues to appease the public.

“We can’t go against the plan and start rushing guys up here,” Baird said. “We’re just not going to do that. That said, none of us are content and in a pause mode to see what happens.”

A switch in general managers usually triggers sweeping changes within an organization, which is why in-season moves are rare unless it involves an in-house promotion — such as when Baird replaced Herk Robinson.

But Glass nearly fired Baird after last season and admits his frustration is growing.

“You don’t want to do things too quickly,” Glass said. “We spent all winter and all spring putting this thing together, and we thought we were on the right track. But we need to see results.

“You want me to give you a date? I can’t do that. You have to evaluate it on a day-to-day basis. If I say it has to be better by the All-Star break, that might be too late.

“If we see improvement in some areas, we do something different than if we don’t see any improvement at all.”

One possible factor in whether Glass sticks with Baird is the Royals have the No. 1 pick this June in the amateur draft for the first time in franchise history. That player, whom the general manager selects after evaluating staff reports, seems certain to command a signing bonus in excess of $4 million.

The poor start is killing attendance. The Royals expect crowds of just 15,500, 16,000 and 11,000 for the three games this weekend against Cleveland at Kauffman Stadium.

The Royals seem certain to exit April without a winning record for the 16th time in 17 years. They are already 7½ games out of first place and, barring a major turnaround, will be 10 games back or more by Memorial Day for the 10th time in that span.

The club’s baseball operations staff, which Baird oversees, is increasingly on edge in anticipation of possible changes. Several members said Baird is telling them the same thing he tells players: Don’t worry about what you can’t control.

Players are also starting to brace for changes — in the clubhouse, as happens with any struggling team, if not in the front office.

“It’s bad right now,” said outfielder Reggie Sanders, one of Baird’s new free-agent acquisitions. “It’s a big hole, and it’s kind of baffling — because there are times when you see the actual potential of what we have.

“I just don’t know what it is, but it’s like a virus.”

Manager Buddy Bell, whom Baird hired last May 31, continues to insist the Royals have the personnel to pull out of their spin.

“You’ve got to give guys a chance,” he said. “I believe if you stay positive enough and patient enough and keep it in perspective, everything works its way through.

“In time, you might have to make changes to find a combination that works. But you’ve got to give guys a chance.”

What the Royals need most is a couple of victories this weekend over the Indians and a winning home stand.

“It has really been awful,” Glass said. “I know I’m wearing people out talking about it. Disbelief is the first stage. You just can’t believe this is happening.

“But then the reality sets in. It is happening. So what do we do to stop the hemorrhaging?”

Sully
04-21-2006, 09:03 AM
I agree that, as much as I like Baird and think he will land on his feet, he should go.
However, I believe more and more daily that GLass is the biggest part of the problem. And I used to support and defend Glass more than anyone.

58-4ever
04-21-2006, 09:06 AM
If it's a virus, then it's something severe like Ebola. It's destroyed us quickly with un-rivaled destructiveness.

beavis
04-21-2006, 09:13 AM
I agree that, as much as I like Baird and think he will land on his feet, he should go.
However, I believe more and more daily that GLass is the biggest part of the problem. And I used to support and defend Glass more than anyone.
IF Glass really vetoed trades like they said they did (it's well known he did on Randa) then yeah, he's a big part of the problem. But I think the bigger issues is our complete inability to develop any pitching in the past 10 years. There is something broken in the way our farm system works, and that's Baird's fault.

Logical
04-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Because baseball is a rotting corpse that's just too stupid to admit it's dead and lay down with dignity?...
This is pretty much it and if you really think about it 20 million could not come close to fixing the Royals. They are about 35 to 40 million under the average MLB salary per team last year as I understand it. At about 30 million less than the Padres who struggle to be a .500 team in the weak NL west. People are only fooling themselves if they think the Royals are going to be competetive.

KCTitus
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
...People are only fooling themselves if they think the Royals are going to be competetive.

Yup...baseball needs contraction, badly.

Sully
04-21-2006, 09:42 AM
IF Glass really vetoed trades like they said they did (it's well known he did on Randa) then yeah, he's a big part of the problem. But I think the bigger issues is our complete inability to develop any pitching in the past 10 years. There is something broken in the way our farm system works, and that's Baird's fault.

I agree 100%

KCTitus
04-21-2006, 09:45 AM
I agree 100%

Except for the fact that the Royals ARE a farm system...

beavis
04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Except for the fact that the Royals ARE a farm system...
Nice. No one has ever used that one before. :rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2006, 10:10 AM
The lack of developing starting pitching has been the organization's down fall. We have had the offense talent for some time.

KCTitus
04-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Nice. No one has ever used that one before. :rolleyes:

Given the rolling eyes, you disagree or just dont like the truth. Either way, arguing otherwise is ludicrous.

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 11:18 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14391960.htm

Baird is a decent man, but he must be fired

JOE POSNANSKI
The Kansas City Star
Notes from a columnist held hostage (again):Here’s the deal: I’m not supposed to be writing this column. I’m supposed to be off column-writing for six weeks to finish my book on Buck O’Neil. If I were like Truman Capote (and I’m not), I would be by the water in Italy right now drinking exotic drinks and admiring the waves and writing the book by moonlight.Instead, I’m being dragged back from a nearby Starbucks to write about the Royals’ losing. Again. My mailbox is filled with rage and pleas from angry Royals fans who, at this point, don’t know whether to boycott games, change their names or move to another country. My computer is filled with staggering and odd Royals observations that I’ve been keeping as a diversion. Stuff like this: The Royals, this season, are hitting .219 with a .273 on-base percentage and .357 slugging percentage. That’s not good.The Royals’ opponents, meanwhile, are hitting .305, with a .399 OBP and .508 slugging.Observation: This means, based on the statistics, the Royals are essentially sending nine A.J. Hinches to the plate every day (remember A.J. Hinch?). Opponents are sending up nine Bobby Abreus.Also, my editor called. Apology filled his voice. “Buddy …,” he began.And you know where that call ended. Here I am, hostage to another Royals losing streak. A year ago, I was held hostage through the Royals’ 19-game streak, the longest losing streak in baseball in 30 years, a stretch of baseball so bad that I had to watch game six of the 1985 World Series a dozen times just to cleanse myself.This season, I figured if nothing else, I wouldn’t have to deal with double-digit losing streaks. It’s hard to lose 10 games in a row. Before last year, the Royals had had only two of them. Last season, other than the Royals, it happened only twice. This season, I figured the Royals would tread water. I wrote on opening day that, if nothing else, the Royals would be a professional unit this time, a team with competent veterans. They would not embarrass themselves.For the Royals fan who writes in every day to ask, “Are they embarrassing yet?” here are three words dedicated to you: “I … was … wrong.”Here are the losing streak totals: The Royals have lost 10 games in a row and have been outscored by the lovely mirror score of 72-27. That means, on average, the Royals have been outscored by 4.5 runs per game. Nice.Buddy Bell is now the first manager in Royals history to have two double-digit losing streaks, which is impressive considering he’s managed only 126 games for Kansas City. If you throw in the eight-game losing streak he had early last year, Bell has spent almost 30 percent of his time as Royals manager mired in long losing streaks.And when you saw the ridiculous lineup he threw out there Wednesday (Doug Mientkiewicz hitting third? Esteban German in center field?) you could understand why.The Royals have given up an astounding 11 unearned runs in the 10-game losing streak. So I also might have been wrong about the improved defense.Buddy quote of the day: (I don’t know how long this losing streak will go on — maybe it ends tonight and I can go back to my book — but in the meantime, I think it is worthwhile to have a regular feature that includes an uplifting Buddy Bell quote.) Here’s today’s quote, spoken after the Royals’ 10th straight loss: “I never say it can’t get worse.”OK, so now that that’s out of the way, we can get to the part of the column you were waiting for — the part where I say the Royals have to fire general manager Allard Baird.Here goes: The Royals have to fire Allard Baird. Everyone who would care knows how much I like and respect Baird as both a baseball man and a person, but we’re way past all that now. Business is business. And this team is a Royal disaster.You know all this: The pitchers can’t or won’t throw strikes. The lineup has no speed, no power, no patience and no hope. The two young pitchers the Royals needed to succeed — Zack Greinke and Runelvys Hernandez — are both dealing with serious issues and might never make it back. Veterans like Mark Grudzielanek, Reggie Sanders and Scott Elarton have played like expected, but that has made no difference at all. The team has been absolutely horrible. As one baseball person told me: “This team is drifting beyond our ability to capture it in words.”It just hasn’t worked. Why? I don’t think it’s just one thing. Royals ownership has not spent much money (even while Forbes says the team made $20 million last year). Baird has swung and missed with free agents. He traded stars Johnny Damon, Jermaine Dye and Carlos Beltran and has not secured even one above-average everyday player. The Royals have done a miserable job developing pitchers, despite the hiring and firing of a half-dozen pitching coaches. And there has been some bad luck.Perhaps more than anything, though, Baird has not figured out a way to create a winning climate in Kansas City.It’s not an easy job. But it is the job.There was a little magic in 2003, and that was fun for a while, but looking back it’s clear that was a fluke, it was all about a fast start and the outrageous charms of Tony Peña. In five full years, the Royals have set team records for losses four times. I obviously couldn’t be a general manager. But I also couldn’t have done much worse than that.Anyway, everyone knew the deal: The Royals had to improve dramatically this year or everything had to change.Well, we’re only three weeks in, and normally I would say that’s not enough time to judge. But the Royals have been so bad in those three weeks — so amazingly, astonishingly, infuriatingly, shamefully and historically bad — that we’ve all seen enough.Allard Baird is one of the most passionate and decent men I’ve met in sports, and I will miss him, but he will get fired soon, very soon, probably in three or four weeks.And there’s really no way around this. It just has to happen.<HR class=tagline color=#cccccc SIZE=1>To reach Joe Posnanski, call (816) 234-4361 or send e-mail to jposnanski@kcstar.com (jposnanski@kcstar.com).

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 11:22 AM
MODS........you have my permission to edit that (or recopy it so the hard returns come back).

SORRY!!!

Dave Lane
04-21-2006, 11:35 AM

20 million!!!

They did not make $20 million thats absolute bull. They only had revenues of $50 million. Anyway the payroll needs to be seriously dropped like Florida and get rid of some of these vets they brought in at $5 mill plus and put the money in player development and scouts and signing the best players regardless of what they want $ wise out of college.

Dave

greg63
04-21-2006, 11:36 AM
MODS........you have my permission to edit that (or recopy it so the hard returns come back).

SORRY!!!

Mods need permission these days??

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Mods need permission these days??

That was a sneaking way of trying to get somebody to do my dirty work for me. For some reason when I try to copy article onto the Planet, the hard returns don't copy over. I'm at work right now & I didn't want to take the time of comparing what's posted to the actual column and inserting the hard returns at the end of paragraphs.

alanm
04-21-2006, 11:45 AM
So I would say the number 1 reason to hate the Royals is that they clog my favorite forum every day for half the year.
That goes double for the stupid f*cking Chiefsmadness threads. They needed to go a week ago!! :cuss: :cuss:

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-21-2006, 12:04 PM

Good points all well taken.

kcfanXIII
04-21-2006, 12:25 PM
i was a royals fan before both glass and baird got here. just cause they can't field a competitive team, dosen't mean i'm going to run off. however that i am embarressed by the royals makes me want to jump ship. they will always be number one in my heart, but i think i'm gong to be a STL fan, untill kc can do something. pujols did play high school ball right down the road from me at fort osage.

Hootie
04-21-2006, 12:55 PM
They did not make $20 million thats absolute bull. They only had revenues of $50 million. Anyway the payroll needs to be seriously dropped like Florida and get rid of some of these vets they brought in at $5 mill plus and put the money in player development and scouts and signing the best players regardless of what they want $ wise out of college.

Dave
According to Forbes they did. Boston and New York pretty much lost money so the small market teams could make money.

What the Royals need to do now is trade all of their veterans for absolute nothing in return. Sweeney, Sanders, Grudz, etc...

Eleazar
04-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Yay, another Royals dumping thread! Because the 20 we have every day aren't already enough!

KCTitus
04-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Yay, another Royals dumping thread! Because the 20 we have every day aren't already enough!

Feel free to talk up 2-12...Im typically and optimist by nature so I welcome the attempt.

Hootie
04-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Yay, another guy complaining about a thread he doesn't have to read if he doesn't want to! Yay!

shakesthecat
04-21-2006, 01:02 PM

Yeah, but they all piss off Skip, so it's worth it.

greg63
04-21-2006, 01:09 PM
That was a sneaking way of trying to get somebody to do my dirty work for me. For some reason when I try to copy article onto the Planet, the hard returns don't copy over. I'm at work right now & I didn't want to take the time of comparing what's posted to the actual column and inserting the hard returns at the end of paragraphs.

Yeah, I know; just razzin.

BigRock
04-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Surprised nobody posted this link yet... unless someone did and I'm a moron.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14391965.htm

Notebook: Royals dispute $20 million 2005 profit
Officials say team aims to break even, despite Forbes report
By BOB DUTTON
The Kansas City Star

The Royals cleared $20.8 million in operating income last season before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization, according to Forbes magazine in its annual assessment of franchise valuations.

The report, released late Thursday, elicited a sharp denial from club officials, who contend the Royals have made just more than $1 million in six seasons since David Glass bought the team.

“Once again, Forbes is not accurate in the information they are reporting on the Royals,” said Mark Gorris, the club’s senior vice president for business operations.

“We continue to operate as David Glass has directed, and that is to operate the club overall on a break-even basis (for the long term).”

Forbes ranks the Royals at No. 12 among the 30 teams in operating income and reports the major-league average is $12.1 million. The Indians turned the biggest profit at $34.6 million; the Yankees had the biggest loss at $50 million.

The magazine also reports the Royals’ franchise value jumped to $239 million, an increase of $59 million over 2004. Glass bought the team in 2000 for $96 million.

The Royals, according to Forbes, rank 25th in franchise value among 30 teams. The Yankees are first at $1.026 billion, followed by the Red Sox at $617 million. The 30-team average is $376 million.

Glass previously acknowledged the Royals turned a profit last season in accelerating their youth movement because young players typically make far less money than veteran players.

“We certainly have used profits from last year to boost this year’s payroll,” Gorris said.

The Royals opened the season with a payroll of $47.3 million for their 25-man roster after beginning 2005 at $36.9 million. Glass has authorized an increase to at least $50 million.

“I cannot comment, per Major League Baseball’s rules, on any specific year,” Gorris said, “but I will tell you that from 2000 to 2005, per our KPMG-audited statements, the Royals have made a total, cumulative operating income of $1,061,000.”

Forbes’ profit figures, which date to only 2001, contend the Royals posted a $1.7 million loss over the last four years before their 2005 windfall.

Reerun_KC
04-21-2006, 01:22 PM

20 million!!!

No cause we had to keep that worthless piece of Sweeny! I so wanted to keep Beltran and dump Sweeny's sorry a$$

Hootie
04-21-2006, 01:55 PM
No cause we had to keep that worthless piece of Sweeny! I so wanted to keep Beltran and dump Sweeny's sorry a$$
Well, as much as I wanted to keep Beltran as well...he hasn't exactly been 'tearing' it up in New York. Sure, he was brilliant in Houston, but that's about it thus far.

ChiefFripp
04-21-2006, 02:28 PM
If you like baseball and want a purer game than what American baseball offers, I suggest you watch Japanese or Korean teams, they play like they actually care about the game and not just the $$

Logical
04-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Bump because this is aRoyals thread I am actually enjoying.

gblowfish
04-21-2006, 09:16 PM
The Royals are by far, my absolute favorite team, and have been for several years now.

Sincerely,
Leonard Pinth Garnell

wazu
04-22-2006, 09:33 AM
“If it doesn’t turn around,” Glass promised, “we’ll have to change things. We can’t wait too long. I’m not willing to go through a season like we did last year. None of us are.”

Huh? Did anybody, anywhere outside of the Royals front office not predict this season going this way? This season began without so much as a glimmer of hope that the Royals would finish anything but dead last. If Glass is really surprised by what he is seeing, then he is incompetent.