PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City here I come

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 09:04 AM
So Carl has asked me to come to KC this next week to set the draft order and I'll be in town. I'll be pretty busying looking for 2nd round fullbacks and 3rd round guard projects coverting from DIII Wingback the rest of the week.

I could probably use a beer and something to eat monday evening. I'll be downtown.

Dunit35
04-21-2006, 09:05 AM
um...right on man.

58-4ever
04-21-2006, 09:08 AM
How about you toss some D-linemen into the mix and I'll buy your dinner and your beer.

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 09:10 AM
OK...I may have other business too.

But I'm still going to require some food and drink monday night.

Nzoner
04-21-2006, 09:10 AM
I'd drive down Monday to say hey,and have a beer but seeing that I own a Yukon it'd be rather selfish of me to do that and drive up the price of gas even more.

58-4ever
04-21-2006, 09:12 AM
I'd drive down Monday to say hey,and have a beer but seeing that I own a Yukon it'd be rather selfish of me to do that and drive up the price of gas even more.

Thank you for your consideration.

burt
04-21-2006, 09:13 AM
So Carl has asked me to come to KC this next week to set the draft order and I'll be in town. I'll be pretty busying looking for 2nd round fullbacks and 3rd round guard projects coverting from DIII Wingback the rest of the week.

I could probably use a beer and something to eat monday evening. I'll be downtown.

One word....."Bryant's"....

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
I think I should simplify the wording of my intention.

I'm going to be in kansas city this week. Monday night, I'll be available if any of the non-douchbaggary contingent would like to get together for some food or drink.

I'd not be opposed to a good bbq joint.

Skip Towne
04-21-2006, 09:20 AM
You have a lot of baos coming to KC what with all the guys wanting to whup you.

Phobia
04-21-2006, 09:20 AM
I'll be available if any of the non-douchbaggary contingent would like to get together for some food or drink.

Well,.... I was a primed to go until the qualifier was introduced.

Rain Man
04-21-2006, 09:22 AM
In reading this thread, I'm starting to question whether he's going to work with the draft at all.

Chief Henry
04-21-2006, 09:22 AM

I'm going to be in kansas city this week. Monday night, I'll be available if any of the non-douchbaggary contingent would like to get together for some food or drink.

I'd not be opposed to a good bbq joint.

I guess that leaves mefistmemuslimwhorebitchcunt and hamassjenkins
out of the question doesn't it?

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Phildo....Management would probably allow your douchbaggary to grandfather in, in this case.

I'm not looking for anything fancy....just some food and fun before a long, boring week.

Phobia
04-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I've been to exactly one beverage establishment downtown - John's Big Deck.

So your guess is as good as mine.

Dartgod
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I'd not be opposed to a good joint.
QuickSsurfer will hook you up! :bong:

Seriously, I'd like to attend and witness the dumbassery that is sure to take place.

4th and Long
What's this? No one has threatened to kick Iowanian's ass yet if he sets foot in town? Wow ...

Nzoner
I've been to exactly one beverage establishment downtown - John's Big Deck.

So your guess is as good as mine.

Not a bad spot though if the weather is good,fwiw we went there again a couple of weekends ago and the food was real good.

Phobia
04-21-2006, 10:59 AM
We should find out if and where bringbackmarty is playing Monday.

morphius
04-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Damn, Monday is already booked for me, with no way to reschedule.

CHIEF4EVER
04-21-2006, 11:04 AM

Don't forget to set us up with a safety in the first round that we can convert to corner. We could always use another one of those. :p

Phobia
04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
You know.... Waldo Pizza has recently kinda replaced Buffalo Wild Wings as my hangout of choice. It's a hop skip & jump from downtown, has really good food, good service, and a vast selection of reasonably price beverages. Plus if that place gets stale there's other spots within walking distance of there, such as Tanners and 75th Street Brewery.

burt
04-21-2006, 12:07 PM
I have heard "Blondes" down on the Plaza iw quite a happening place...but I woun't wait in line for ANYTHING!!

stevieray
04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm in. pm me a cell number.

KCTitus
04-21-2006, 12:59 PM
2nd round fullbacks?! WTF! This team is going down the toilet. I'll bet they dont even make the playoffs this year.

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I've got an early morning tuesday, so I'll have to somewhat behave.

I'm sure whoever shows, wherever we agree upon will have a nice evening.

Food, beer and tunes sounds good to me. I'm an easy date.

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 01:09 PM
FDE, you have exceeded your PM storage limit.

Your last note was recieved and I think thats excellent of you.

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Any of that sounds good to me.

Shall we consider a time? 6:30?

You know.... Waldo Pizza has recently kinda replaced Buffalo Wild Wings as my hangout of choice. It's a hop skip & jump from downtown, has really good food, good service, and a vast selection of reasonably price beverages. Plus if that place gets stale there's other spots within walking distance of there, such as Tanners and 75th Street Brewery.

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm not dropping off the front page that easy.

big nasty kcnut
04-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Iowanian hope you have a good time. I'll have fun sunday when i go to hooter i have friends there that i have to drop off a cd.

Chief Henry
04-21-2006, 03:36 PM

Food, beer and tunes sounds good to me. I'm an easy date.

Dam, That leaves the titty bars out !!!

Boon
04-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Iowa Dude,
Wish I was in the KC area.
Sounds like fun.
You're one funny sumbitch.
Clamhammer! ha-ha-ha

alanm
04-21-2006, 04:01 PM

Food, beer and tunes sounds good to me. I'm an easy date.The question I'm sure their gonna want to know is if you put out?
ROFL

Hammock Parties
04-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Someone bring a camera.

Nzoner
04-21-2006, 05:48 PM
If my dumbassery is welcome to join I'd like to try and make it.I've got a couple of late afternoon appointments here Monday so it depends on how those go.

Post the final info or shoot me a smoke.

Phobia
04-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Looks like the final info is 6:30 Monday at Waldo Pizza (75th and Wornall) I'm nearly certain I can twist Brando's arm and bring him along. We'll have to put Brando and Iowanian back to back for the midget contest, though. Loser has to run around the block on camera.

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Someone bring a camera.

No pictures.

Phil will be embarrassed if he gets drunk and does that silly trick where he uses a lifesaver on his pecker and wobbles it around like a hula hoop.

Phobia
04-21-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm not embarrassed by that at all. In fact, I'll bring it along.

http://www.seaofclouds.com/gallery/peace/photos/IMG_0163.JPG

Skip Towne
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
The intraweb fights between you two are legendary.

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 10:34 PM
speaking of fights....tonight next door to my cousins house....2 guys came outside and had a fight.

1 was pretty good at throwing punches and the other guy was pretty good at catching them with his face. It was like being in the front row of Jerry Springer. Especiallly when the squalling broads and renta-cops were tusselilng and weeping later.

The middleweight is definitely wearing that paperplate championship belt.

Iowanian
04-21-2006, 10:37 PM
I guess I should have gone with my first instinct and feinted with the lifesaver and gone with the dried fruitloop joke.

Skip Towne
04-21-2006, 10:45 PM
I guess I should have gone with my first instinct and feinted with the lifesaver and gone with the dried fruitloop joke.
You're obviously losing your burst.

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 09:14 AM
So where are we going?

Phobia
04-24-2006, 09:16 AM
We're going to Waldo. We'll start at Waldo Pizza and take it from there. We might even drop in at Tanners - see if there are any waitresses Marty would do.

Dartgod
04-24-2006, 09:28 AM
We're going to Waldo. We'll start at Waldo Pizza and take it from there. We might even drop in at Tanners - see if there are any waitresses Marty would do.
6:30 still the time?

Phobia
04-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah - 6:30. Looks like Steve, Joe, myself, and Iowanian are confirmed. I may be successful in dragging Brando out as well.

Dartgod
04-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Yeah - 6:30. Looks like Steve, Joe, myself, and Iowanian are confirmed.
You forgot mention that Dartgod asshole...

Dave Lane
04-24-2006, 09:39 AM

Cheerios work...

Dave

I may actually show up since its so close to home

Dave

Phobia
04-24-2006, 09:40 AM
I didn't realize you were confirmed until just now.

So now we have 5 confirmed including Dartgod. My wife will be home with a sick kid. Are any other significant others planning to attend?

Dartgod
04-24-2006, 09:47 AM
I didn't realize you were an asshole until just now.

Fixed your post...

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
I didn't realize you were confirmed until just now.

So now we have 5 confirmed including Dartgod. My wife will be home with a sick kid. Are any other significant others planning to attend?
Dammit!

Bwana
04-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Nice, I wish I was closer to the area and I would be there. As fate would have it, I will be in Salt Lake Shitty for most of this week.

Iowanian
04-24-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm heading out.

FDE is out now, as I understand. Thats my ride.

I'll either need to figure out where Waldos is at...or bum a ride.

Dartgod
04-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm heading out.

FDE is out now, as I understand. Thats my ride.

I'll either need to figure out where Waldos is at...or bum a ride.
Where are you staying?

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 10:43 AM
QuickSsurfer will hook you up! :bong:

Seriously, I'd like to attend and witness the dumbassery that is sure to take place.

lol i thought the same thing when i read "joint"
didn't know u were a fellow cannibis user

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 10:45 AM
mmm tanners
chicken lips

Iowanian
04-24-2006, 10:53 AM
you've got Mail Dart.

Iowanian
04-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I'll figure it out. I'll be there.

Phil....is the address for Waldos actually on Broadway?

Dartgod
04-24-2006, 11:17 AM
We need to find a way to get Iowanian to Waldo. Sounds like FDE can't make it.

I'm coming from Belton, so It's kind of out of my way. Someone coming from up north would be on the way.

I have his contact info, so let me know.

Dartgod
04-24-2006, 11:19 AM
I'll figure it out. I'll be there.

Phil....is the address for Waldos actually on Broadway?
Yes, but it's really only a half block east of Wornall (there's just a parking lot in between.

Iowanian
04-24-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm leaving now....a couple of you have my number...I'll be on the road for a few hours.

I'm a big boy....I can figure it out. I don't want any inconvenience for you guys.

If someone is coming through...give me a jingle, otherwise..I'll figure it out.

See you around 6:30.

Dartgod
04-24-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm leaving now....a couple of you have my number...I'll be on the road for a few hours.

I'm a big boy....I can figure it out. I don't want any inconvenience for you guys.

If someone is coming through...give me a jingle, otherwise..I'll figure it out.

See you around 6:30.
You'll find it ok. It almost a straight shot south from where you'll be.

Nzoner
04-24-2006, 11:22 AM
We need to find a way to get Iowanian to Waldo. Sounds like FDE can't make it.

I'm coming from Belton, so It's kind of out of my way. Someone coming from up north would be on the way.

I have his contact info, so let me know.

I can't commit as of yet until I see how my appointments go.

Phil has my phone # so if the plan gets changed give me a head's up as I won't be around a computer much more today.

BTW,I have no idea how to find Waldo's either.

Phobia
04-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah - it's out of my way as well. Now that Steve isn't coming there's nobody coming from the North.

Phobia
04-24-2006, 11:24 AM
I can't commit as of yet until I see how my appointments go.

Phil has my phone # so if the plan gets changed give me a head's up as I won't be around a computer much more today.

BTW,I have no idea how to find Waldo's either.

Wornall and 75th

Mark M
04-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I'd love to show up, but I currently feel as though someone is stabbing me in the back with about a hundred needles (which is why I'm at home and able to post).

Have a drink for me.

MM
~~:sulk:

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Is Iowanian as funny in person as he is on here?

Chief Henry
04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Is Iowanian as funny in person as he is on here?

he's much fuglier in person than on here thats for sure.

Frankie
04-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Are there photos of this glorious event?

Dave Lane
04-24-2006, 04:47 PM
bump for those off work...

Dave

Skip Towne
04-25-2006, 11:02 AM
How did it go, guys? Who showed up?

Dartgod
04-25-2006, 11:38 AM
How did it go, guys? Who showed up?Phil got us kicked out of Waldo Pizza within 5 minutes of arriving. So we went to the bar next door where Iowanian ran into Chiefs4me. They left together and haven't been seen since.

The last I heard, Nzoner and Phobia ended up at the Blue Moon Bar, where they were seen dancing with some bikers. NTTIAWWT...

go bo
04-25-2006, 11:50 AM

I'd not be opposed to a good bbq joint.hey, what's wrong with us dooshbagry contingents?

it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it...

Phobia
04-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Phil got us kicked out of Waldo Pizza within 5 minutes of arriving. So we went to the bar next door where Iowanian ran into Chiefs4me. They left together and haven't been seen since.

The last I heard, Nzoner and Phobia ended up at the Blue Moon Bar, where they were seen dancing with some bikers. NTTIAWWT...

Yeah, I just got home too. That was a wild night.

Chief Henry
04-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I just got home too. That was a wild night.

OK, Lets here the blow by blow.

burt
04-25-2006, 12:22 PM
OK, Lets here the blow by blow.

VERY poor wording.......

Dartgod
04-25-2006, 12:27 PM
VERY poor wording.......
Or very good...

Phobia
04-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Seriously though - after Dartgod left there was a very hot woman who left Waldo pizza. She sat in her boyfriend's car for 20 minutes and her head wasn't visible in the passenger's seat. So Iowanian, Nzoner, and I walked by the car making zero effort to hide our intentions. She was straddling him in the driver's seat.

I called "Next".

That was about the high point of the night - some other dude getting laid.

burt
04-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Or very good...

BIMBO...er....I mean....BINGO!!!!!

Dartgod
04-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Seriously though - after Dartgod left there was a very hot woman who left Waldo pizza. She sat in her boyfriend's car for 20 minutes and her head wasn't visible in the passenger's seat. So Iowanian, Nzoner, and I walked by the car making zero effort to hide our intentions. She was straddling him in the driver's seat.

I called "Next".

My story was better.

burt
04-25-2006, 12:41 PM

I have had lots of nights like that!! Most of the time, I wasn't even within blocks of the other guy getting laid.....but I knew someone was out there getting laid.....and that was the highlight of my night.

Nzoner
04-25-2006, 12:52 PM

Actually,standing out on your porch and listening to the hostage negotiator over the bullhorn was quite interesting.

Phobia
04-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Actually,standing out on your porch and listening to the hostage negotiator over the bullhorn was quite interesting.

Oh, yes - of course.

This (http://kctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4813891) happened just across the creek in Raytown. They shut down several blocks and we had to go 3-4 miles out of the way to get home last night. When Joe comes to KC he usually spends the night in our spare room.

Phobia
04-25-2006, 01:09 PM
My story was better.

That is correct. But my story was true.

Nzoner
04-25-2006, 01:12 PM
When Joe comes to KC he usually spends the night in our spare room.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Phobia
04-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Thank you for clarifying that.

My wife made me.

Dartgod
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Oh, yes - of course.

This (http://kctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4813891) happened just across the creek in Raytown. They shut down several blocks and we had to go 3-4 miles out of the way to get home last night. When Joe comes to KC he usually spends the night in our spare room.
That happened to me one night when I lived in Waldo. They wouldn't let me down my street so I had to park a block or so away and climb fences to get in my back yard. I'm lucky I didn't get shot by some Barney Fife.

chiefs4me
04-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Phil got us kicked out of Waldo Pizza within 5 minutes of arriving. So we went to the bar next door where Iowanian ran into Chiefs4me. They left together and haven't been seen since.

ROFL....I was in Dallas Texas for some of monday night, then right here on the planet, it was not I....:harumph:

Dartgod
04-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Wow, this thread had to be buried.

Do you search for your name after logging on to see who's been talking about you?

chiefs4me
04-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Wow, this thread had to be buried.

Do you search for your name after logging on to see who's been talking about you?

You posted on it yesterday???? I don't have to look for my name, other posters love to send me pm's telling me when some freak uses my name.....and btw, it was on my second page.......why don't you bury yourself??:harumph:

Donger
04-26-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't have to look for my name, other posters love to send me pm's telling me when some freak uses my name

ROFL

Iowanian
04-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks to the guys that showed up. It was a nice way to kill a night.

I will say that I was only really disturbed twice...when Phildo and Brando walked in with their hands in each other's front pockets......and when Phil asked the guy in the car if he could sit on his lap next.

FAX
04-27-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm pleased that you had an enjoyable evening, Mr. Iowanian. I wish I could have been there.

We could have arm-wrestled for hard boiled eggs. It is a new hobby of mine.

FAX

Bob Dole
04-28-2006, 05:50 AM
Thanks to the guys that showed up. It was a nice way to kill a night.

I will say that I was only really disturbed twice...when Phildo and Brando walked in with their hands in each other's front pockets......and when Phil asked the guy in the car if he could sit on his lap next.

Have you ever been around Phil when he didn't do something that was disturbing?

Phobia
04-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Have you ever been around Phil when he didn't do something that was disturbing?

I'm a very calm, collected individual and I've never, ever looked like a vagrant.