PDA

View Full Version : Is the NFL changing the Turkey Day tradition?

Nightwish
04-23-2006, 02:06 AM
I'm sure this has been mentioned in other threads, but I looked and didn't see any threads specifically dedicated to it. Anyway, as many of you know, the Chiefs will be hosting Denver on Thanksgiving Day. I was under the impression that the only teams who get home games on T-Day were Dallas and Detroit. It's been that way for years. Is the NFL abandoning that tradition, or is Lamar Hunt just flexing his muscles to get KC added to the list of the priveleged? I'm cornfuzzled!

Hammock Parties
04-23-2006, 02:07 AM
KC was added. Dallas and Detroit still hosting.

The extraneous thanksgiving day game will likely rotate every year.

Dunit35
04-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Yeah its going to rotate every year, with Dallas and Detroit getting games on turkey day.

Taco John
04-23-2006, 02:13 AM
They're adding to the tradition so there is actually a game worth watching on Thanksgiving. Now I can spend time with my family during the day, completely ignore the Dallas and Detroit game, and have something worth watching in the evening when things are winding down.

big nasty kcnut
04-23-2006, 04:47 AM
Yeah this year will be extra good winding down and watch 3 hours of denver getting punkslapped at arrowhead stadium.

milkman
04-23-2006, 06:13 AM
They are changing the tradition by adding a third game to the Thanksgiving day lineup.

The NFL should have, when the AFL and NFL merged, taken Dallas' Thanksgiving game away, and had KC as the second Thanksgiving day game hosts.

One NFC and one AFC team.

If Lamar had any "muscle" that would have happened.

MahiMike
04-23-2006, 09:28 AM
They're adding to the tradition so there is actually a game worth watching on Thanksgiving. Now I can spend time with my family during the day, completely ignore the Dallas and Detroit game, and have something worth watching in the evening when things are winding down.

Only IF you have NFL network! :banghead:

Demonpenz
04-23-2006, 12:25 PM
that was cool just giving a day to barry sanders every year