PDA

View Full Version : We already can't drive (acc. to Skip) now THIS......

chiefqueen
04-24-2006, 11:46 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/04/23/keith.hernandez.ap/index.html

Foul mouth

Mets broadcaster critical of Padres' female trainer

Posted: Sunday April 23, 2006 9:09PM; Updated: Monday April 24, 2006 9:21AM

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Mets broadcaster Keith Hernandez's comments that women "don't belong in the dugout" drew criticism Sunday from Padres manager Bruce Bochy, who supported the female member of his training staff and said he was surprised it even came up.

Hernandez made the remarks during the second inning of New York's 8-1 victory in San Diego on Saturday night. Mike Piazza (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/players/4928) homered for the Padres and exchanged a high-five in the dugout with Kelly Calabrese, a full-time massage therapist for San Diego.

"Who is the girl in the dugout, with the long hair?" Hernandez said during the broadcast. "What's going on here? You have got to be kidding me. Only player personnel in the dugout."

Hernandez found out later in the broadcast that Calabrese has been with the Padres training staff since 2004, but stood by his comment that she didn't belong with the team during a game.

"I won't say that women belong in the kitchen, but they don't belong in the dugout," Hernandez said.

Hernandez, a former Mets first baseman, then laughed and said: "You know I am only teasing. I love you gals out there -- always have."
Bochy said before San Diego's 7-4 win over New York on Sunday that he did not hear first hand what Hernandez said but was told about it and was not amused.

"Kelly is a part of this ballclub," Bochy said. "She's a part of the training staff. I don't know the actual comments, I just heard about it, but she's been here for a while and played a major role with this club in getting guys ready to play a ballgame."

"I didn't think gender was even an issue anymore," Bochy said.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/interactive_legal.html#AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

CoMoChief
04-24-2006, 11:49 AM
"I won't say that women belong in the kitchen, but they don't belong in the dugout," Hernandez said.

Thats funny.

Fish
04-24-2006, 11:51 AM
She must give a helluva "massage".............

StcChief
04-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Boys will be boys....Keith was stating what so many people are afraid to say instead must walk the PC line....

She may do a fine job in SD with players. guess he thinks the dug out is pushing it....

Rooster
04-24-2006, 01:49 PM
I wonder if happy endings are part of her massage. :hmmm:

jidar
04-24-2006, 02:05 PM
You know why this thread is worthless

Rooster
04-24-2006, 02:10 PM
LOL.... No pictures??? :(

greg63
04-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Womans Is Crazy

StcChief
04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
I wonder if happy endings are part of her massage. :hmmm:
I knew the happy endings (I'm guessing no) and where are the pics would follow eventually....

chiefsfaninNC
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
If Charles Barkley had said this would it even be news?

StcChief
04-24-2006, 02:37 PM
If Charles Barkley had said this would it even be news?
No sh1t...Hernedez may lose out on this...His Just for Men ad etc. too.

He's not PC, we can't take a chance offending someone.

Baby Lee
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
NEWMAN: A second later, something happened that changed us in a deep and profound way front that day forward.

ELAINE: What was it?

KRAMER: He spit on us.... and I screamed out, "I'm hit!"

NEWMAN: Then I turned and the spit ricochet of him and it hit me.

ELAINE: Wow! What a story.

JERRY: Unfortunately the immutable laws of physics contradict the whole premise of your account. Allow me to reconstruct this if I may for Miss Benes as I've heard this story a number of times.
Newman, Kramer, if you'll indulge me. According to your story Keith passes you and starts walking up the ramp then you say you were struck on the right temple. The spit then proceeds to ricochet off the temple striking Newman between the third and forth rib. The spit then cam off the rib turned and hit Newman in the right wrist causing him to drop his baseball cap. The spit then splashed off the wrist, Pauses . . . In mid air mind you- makes a left turn and lands on Newman's left thigh. That is one
magic loogie.

Rooster
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
NEWMAN: A second later, something happened that changed us in a deep and profound way front that day forward.

ELAINE: What was it?

KRAMER: He spit on us.... and I screamed out, "I'm hit!"

NEWMAN: Then I turned and the spit ricochet of him and it hit me.

ELAINE: Wow! What a story.

JERRY: Unfortunately the immutable laws of physics contradict the whole premise of your account. Allow me to reconstruct this if I may for Miss Benes as I've heard this story a number of times.
Newman, Kramer, if you'll indulge me. According to your story Keith passes you and starts walking up the ramp then you say you were struck on the right temple. The spit then proceeds to ricochet off the temple striking Newman between the third and forth rib. The spit then cam off the rib turned and hit Newman in the right wrist causing him to drop his baseball cap. The spit then splashed off the wrist, Pauses . . . In mid air mind you- makes a left turn and lands on Newman's left thigh. That is one
magic loogie.

ROFL ROFL Classic episode..

sedated
04-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Nice Game, Pretty Boy

JBucc
04-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Hernandez, a former Mets first baseman, then laughed and said: "You know I am only teasing. I love you gals out there -- always have."
[/i]ROFL

Fish
04-24-2006, 03:32 PM
"She's a part of the training staff. I don't know the actual comments, I just heard about it, but she's been here for a while and played a major role with this club in getting guys ready to play a ballgame."

The Royals need a dugout whore!!!

Baby Lee
04-24-2006, 03:33 PM
ROFL
I really don't care if the team is stu-gah-leeeng. I wanna kiss-shu.

Clint in Wichita
04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
She's probably always babbling about some fictional "hernia outbreak" that needs her immediate attention.

big nasty kcnut
04-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Well come on keith that not right but i'll bet she the only one that does massage for the team and the owners the batboys the season ticket holders lol.