PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs discussion coming up on ESPN Draft Special

tk13
04-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Coming up NOW! After this break.

NOW I said!

Rain Man
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Do they think we need defense? DO THEY THINK WE NEED DEFENSE?

tk13
04-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Or not. False alarm. They teased the thing right before the break. Our little featured discussion is coming up though.

tk13
04-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Okay, they just teased it again. Maybe it'll be after this commercial break.

chief husker
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
what is the 40 time?

Chan93lx50
Or not. False alarm. They teased the thing right before the break. Our little featured discussion is coming up though.

Ahhh you are giving me blue balls!

KCTitus
Do they have KC picking a RB at 21?

Rain Man
04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I need to know who we're going to draft! Right now! Darn those network people!

Hey...shouldn't tk13 be at work?

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Just compared our D to Pop Warner.

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Says Priest is coming back and is OK with the back up role.

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
LJ = MVP

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Herm will win a playoff game and probably this year. They will win the AFC West!

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Mel says the pick will be a CB, WR or DE, probably a CB.

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Satellite at work is really cool!

ct
04-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Satellite at work is really cool!

byte me

err...thanks for the info, keep it coming!! :thumb:

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 01:26 PM
That's it, they are talking about dressing for draft day.

tk13
Talked about defense, defense, defense. Mike Golic said we need pass rush, Jared Allen was about it. Said we'd done a better job of stopping the run, but now we couldn't defend the pass. Salisbury says pop warner teams have better tackling technique than our defense. That was our biggest problem. Both guys really put it on the defense. Showed clips of Tiki Barber, Ronnie Brown running us over.

Rick Spielman says we have to address the secondary. Somebody to play beside Surtain. Safeties are good football players, but slow.

Mort said his big concern is losing Al Saunders. Mike Solari has no experience. Aging offensively. Priest is expected to come back. Thinks he'll be okay with a backup role.

Then it was time for "Fact or fiction".

Will LJ be MVP - Salisbury says fact. Thinks he'll bust out and win it. Golic says fiction. He's a great player but Tomlinson will be the MVP.

Will Herm win a playoff game in KC? - Salisbury says fact. Defense has to get better. Thinks Herm can do that. He has better O than he ever had in NY. Golic says fact, absolutely.

Win AFC West? - Salisbury says fact. Denver might be the more complete team but he picks KC to win the division. Says we need to get help at WR, but have a great offense. Golic says fact. Have to figure out those issues on defense though.

Went to Kiper, says we need 2 or 3 secondary players out of this draft. Tye Hill, Cromartie 1st round... WR help, DE help. Maurice Stovall, maybe Kiwi in 2nd round. Manny Lawson in 1st round if they want they'd rather go pass rusher early, but he thinks we'll go DB.

Chan93lx50
Chiefs One are they actually saying that sh*t?

Is preist really coming back?

Nevermind I guess so!

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes, they are saying Priest is coming back. Evidently one of them talked to him and he is OK with the back up role. Says he wants to walk in later years and with him at backup he can still get his time and health will be better.

CoMoChief
04-25-2006, 01:40 PM
WR Maurice Stovall - Waaaay too slow. I say we look at WR in next years draft. Kennison is very productive and Parker will get better, not to mention we should see Thorpe this season and we also have Dante Hall.

DE Manny Lawson - Too small to be a DE in a 4-3. He would get ran over by tackles in the running game. The guy's not even 250lbs yet. Even 260lbs is considered small as a NFL DE.

DE Mathias Kiwanuka - Won't last to the 20th pick in the 2nd round, IMO he would be better than Manny Lawson. Lawson benifited from having a stud Dline to play with at NCState where opponents had to double on their DT and that one guy on the other side named Mario Williams.

My draft: *If Kiwi makes it to 52nd pick which I doubt.

1st - CB Tye Hill, Clemson
2nd - DE Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College
3rd - DT Rod Wright, Texas/Dusty Devoracek, Oklahoma
5th - QB Marcus Vick, VTech (Keep doubting bitches!)
6th - OG Tony Palmer, Missouri
7th - Best Player Availible

stumppy
04-25-2006, 01:42 PM
DOH !
Didn't see this thread.

kctd
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
First things first... IF, and it's a BIG IF, Chad Jackson falls to the 20th pick, the Chiefs better draft his ass.

With that said, as far as I'm concerned, we would get a steal of a pick if we draft Tye Hill at No. 20, and that's who I hope, and think we will get. The kid ran a 4.30 40 at the combines, and a 4.38 at various pro-days. And he's SMART. That was the biggest knock on Warfield. All the talent in the world, but really just an idiot.

With that kids speed and to be able to learn from Surtain, and Sammy Knight, who is one of the most knowledgeable safeties in the game, he could really make a name for himself in KC.

After that first round I really don't know, but I think if Omar Jacobs falls to the 3rd or 4th round that would be a steal too. Just look at what he did at Bowling Green of all places. He's a pretty unbelievable athlete.

Lzen
04-25-2006, 01:56 PM

Hell No!!!

Fish
04-25-2006, 02:04 PM

Hell No!!!

I second that.....

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 02:05 PM
BSPimpDude

I would rather have Brad Smith in the second than Vick in the 7th!

CoMoChief
04-25-2006, 02:10 PM
BSPimpDude

I would rather have Brad Smith in the second than Vick in the 7th!

Brad Smith can't play QB and wont play QB in the NFL. Marcus Vick can.

KCTitus
04-25-2006, 02:15 PM

Umm...no he cant. He could barely play QB at Tech. With 7 of 10 games at home against inferior talent, it was smoke and mirrors.

ChiefsOne
04-25-2006, 02:17 PM

Maybe not, but he would be more successful than Vick at QB.
More talent and much better head on his shoulders.

Spicy McHaggis
04-25-2006, 02:23 PM

This is a guy who has been booted off the team, given alchohol to young teenage girls, pulled a gun on someone in a fast food joint, couldn't get his head straight even when his brother came to help out and really never showed any sort of consistency on the field. He has never shown any remorse and has displayed a F-you attitude to those who tried to help him out. He is the ultimate case of an athlete thinking any action is justified because he can throw a ball down a field.

Honestly do you think you would feel the same way if his last name wasn't Vick?

Dunit35
04-25-2006, 11:12 PM
thanks for the info. I must've barely missed it on t.v.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-26-2006, 06:15 AM
Yes, they are saying Priest is coming back. Evidently one of them talked to him and he is OK with the back up role. Says he wants to walk in later years and with him at backup he can still get his time and health will be better.

God, I hope this is true.

milkman
04-26-2006, 07:21 AM
First things first... IF, and it's a BIG IF, Chad Jackson falls to the 20th pick, the Chiefs better draft his ass.

Before I address this,let me just say, welcome to the planet, now STFU n00b!

When it's time to make their selection, there will be a defender of equal value available.

With that said, as far as I'm concerned, we would get a steal of a pick if we draft Tye Hill at No. 20, and that's who I hope, and think we will get. The kid ran a 4.30 40 at the combines, and a 4.38 at various pro-days. And he's SMART. That was the biggest knock on Warfield. All the talent in the world, but really just an idiot.

With that kids speed and to be able to learn from Surtain, and Sammy Knight, who is one of the most knowledgeable safeties in the game, he could really make a name for himself in KC.

After that first round I really don't know, but I think if Omar Jacobs falls to the 3rd or 4th round that would be a steal too. Just look at what he did at Bowling Green of all places. He's a pretty unbelievable athlete.

Hill's size is a concern for me.
There aren't a lot of Darrell Greens and Antonio Winfields out there.
Hill could be of that same caliber, but I'd rather go in a different direction, especially with Randy Moss in the same division.

jAZ
04-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Hell No!!!
What? You don't like a football player that has that "go for the juggular" instinct?

Chief Faithful
04-26-2006, 09:46 AM

Hell NO!

5th - WR Marcus Vick, VTech

Maybe

KCFalcon59
04-26-2006, 10:01 AM

Vick will never be a starting QB in the NFL. I would be surprised if he is on a team in a few years.

Uncle_Ted
04-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I think we'll trade up a few spots to get ahead of San Diego ... their top 2 needs are CB and WR, and if Carl's got someone in particular targeted, his ego won't allow him to lose that player to SD. The Eagles, Vikings, and Cowboys pick at 14, 17, and 18 respectively, and those are all teams that Carl has been willing to deal with in the past and vice versa (though MIN was under different management at the time).

bkkcoh
04-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Vick will never be a starting QB in the NFL. I would be surprised if he is on a team in a few years.

I would be surprised if he is on a roster this time next year. :hmmm:

kregger
04-26-2006, 10:48 AM
I think we'll trade up a few spots to get ahead of San Diego ... their top 2 needs are CB and WR, and if Carl's got someone in particular targeted, his ego won't allow him to lose that player to SD. The Eagles, Vikings, and Cowboys pick at 14, 17, and 18 respectively, and those are all teams that Carl has been willing to deal with in the past and vice versa (though MIN was under different management at the time).
I don't see Carl trading up, more likely to trade down and get an extra pick to compensate for the 4th we gave to the Jets.

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2006, 11:37 AM
What I'm really surprised about is how positive the ESPN guys were about the Chiefs.

CupidStunt
04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Some nice LJ hype, but outside of that, them picking us to win the division was very contradictory given the rest of their spiel.