PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On This Scenario...

CosmicPal
04-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Come draft day, the Chiefs pick up Woodson from the Raiders. It provides them another veteran CB opposite Surtain. Surtain, Walls, and Woodson can't be all that bad.

With this pick-up, they have more freedom to either sit tight and or even trade down with a team to try and pick up an additional 3rd rounder where we can then pick up an additonal CB, DT, or DE while also going after a WR.

Good?
Are you drinking again, Cosmic?
Doesn't excite me...

eazyb81
04-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Well, it depends on what you mean by "pick him up" from the Raiders. He's a free agent right now, so we wouldn't have to give the Raiders any compensation for him. If you mean that we just signed him to a deal, then i would certainly be okay with trading down and picking up an extra pick. I would love to have Woodson in our secondary, I would have no problem considering him as our 1st rounder and just trading down....but that's just me.

CosmicPal
04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Well, it depends on what you mean by "pick him up" from the Raiders. He's a free agent right now, so we wouldn't have to give the Raiders any compensation for him. If you mean that we just signed him to a deal, then i would certainly be okay with trading down and picking up an extra pick. I would love to have Woodson in our secondary, I would have no problem considering him as our 1st rounder and just trading down....but that's just me.

Yes, I meant picking him up as a free agent. Nothing else.

DMAC
04-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Why would we have to trade down? Cant we just pick him up?

CosmicPal
04-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Ugghh....Woodson is a FA, therefore, all we need to do is pick him up.

Should we indeed pick him up before or on draft day- it gives us more flexibility. (The past few years, this has become a regular thing with teams on draft day- to pick up free agents that might be available so they then can work the draft in their favor.)

Now, come the 20th pick- should a DE or DT or even a WR not be available that they so covet, they can trade down to pick up another draft pick.

I actually see this scenario playing out because 1. Denver has like 5 picks in the first three rounds, and 2. SD is picking before us in each round.

You draft to compete against your divisional rivals first, and then everyone else second.

We have Walls (divisional rival) and by picking up Woodson, we add another divisional rival. And then by trading down, we can get another pick to aid us in competing even more on draft day with our divisional rivals.

htismaqe
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Why would we have to trade down? Cant we just pick him up?

Because the value at CB is much better at 20 than DE.

Picking up Woodson would ALLOW us to trade down and draft a DE, getting better value out of our 1st rounder and recoup a 3rd in the process...

Ebolapox
04-26-2006, 10:47 AM
woodson would be nice with either lawson or Jwill at 20...yeah, that would be nice

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Because the value at CB is much better at 20 than DE.

Picking up Woodson would ALLOW us to trade down and draft a DE, getting better value out of our 1st rounder and recoup a 3rd in the process...

We have a winner.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2006, 11:05 AM
i don't like Woodson much ... certainly not for the money he's reportedly asking.

ct
04-26-2006, 11:14 AM
i don't like Woodson much ... certainly not for the money he's reportedly asking.

I don't dislike Woodson, certainly don't love him. He could help our secondary a ton if he could get and stay healthy. What I hate is his prima-dona asking price. Same for Ty Law.

DMAC
04-26-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't dislike Woodson, certainly don't love him. He could help our secondary a ton if he could get and stay healthy. What I hate is his prima-dona asking price. Same for Ty Law.What's he asking?

ct
04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Haven't heard anything this offseason, but last year he wanted to be the highest paid CB.