PDA

View Full Version : Who do you NOT want???

eazyb81
04-26-2006, 03:38 PM
We've all gone on and on about who we want to see drafted this weekend, but who do you not want to see KC draft?

For me, I would be pissed if we drafted Tamba Hali or Jonathan Joseph. I think Hali is a Vonnie Holliday clone and Joseph will be a bust.

htismaqe
04-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I'll be mildly upset if we draft an offensive player, although a good OT might be nice.

I definitely do not want Jay Cutler. And I hope we pass on Kiwi.

Other than that, I'm pretty OK with just about anybody.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Kiwi,Wimbley,Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, Tye Hill

JBucc
04-26-2006, 03:48 PM
No Kiwi, no WR's. Other than that i'm fine with just about anybody.

BigChiefFan
04-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Wimbley is the player, that I think will be a bust at the next level.

eazyb81
04-26-2006, 03:57 PM
forgot about Wimbley, i'd probably add him to my list too.

beer bacon
04-26-2006, 04:06 PM
No Cromartie and no Joseph.

milkman
04-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Kiwi and WR.

Starbux37
04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
No offense in the first 2 rounds and then I could care less, just fill positions of need with best player for the rest of the draft.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Kiwi,Wimbley,Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, Tye Hill
Prepare for disappoint if J. Williams is gone, and we can't trade down....Holmes, Jackson, and Hill would be possibilities, as far as I can see. I hope not though.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Prepare for disappoint if J. Williams is gone, and we can't trade down....Holmes, Jackson, and Hill would be possibilities, as far as I can see. I hope not though.

It will be Lawson or a trade down for Hali

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
It will be Lawson or a trade down for Hali

Lawson won't make it to us....

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2006, 05:43 PM
like how I called DJ right :D

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2006, 05:47 PM
like how I called DJ right :D
Two in a row? I wouldn't hold my breath. :p

Good call though.

I thought DJ might drop last year; I'm don't think Lawson will. And even if he does, I'm not sure our FO will pull the trigger....I think they'd prefer to trade down, even with Lawson on the board. Guess we'll see, soon enough.

Tribal Warfare
04-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Two in a row? I wouldn't hold my breath. :p

Good call though.

I thought DJ might drop last year; I'm don't think Lawson will. And even if he does, I'm not sure our FO will pull the trigger....I think they'd prefer to trade down, even with Lawson on the board. Guess we'll see, soon enough.
My feeling is if Lawson isn't their Carl will tradedown
obtaining a pick lost from the Herm signing . This will allow KC to draft Hali in the 24-27 range in the 1st round

Mr. Laz
04-26-2006, 06:10 PM
in the 1st round:

kiwi,

any interior offensive lineman

any tightend, but Davis

any RB, but Bush

Mr. Laz
04-26-2006, 06:12 PM

lawson is not Merriman ... he's not nearly as physical

he's a workout warrior who i have my doubts about.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Cromartie
Joseph
Wimberly
Chad Jackson

jspchief
04-26-2006, 06:42 PM
No Kiwi, no WR's. Other than that i'm fine with just about anybody.Ditto.

Coogs
04-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Funny that most of the names being mentioned here are the same names being pimped in other threads for us to draft. :)

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2006, 09:25 PM

You are right; too skinny. If he puts on some weight though, he could be a great bookend opposite Ware.....or Merriman for that matter. :hmmm:

milkman
04-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Funny that most of the names being mentioned here are the same names being pimped in other threads for us to draft. :)

It's pretty clear that there isn't a consensus pick here at the planet.

Someone is going to come away unhappy.

I'm fairly certain, with my luck, it will be me.

Munson
04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Gabe Watson - he's the second coming of Ryan Sims

Mathias Kiwanuka - he's a bust waiting to happen

ct
04-27-2006, 07:36 AM
For #20 (I won't speculate other than that, cause we have no idea what exactly will transpire on Saturday), guys I do not want:

Young, Kiwi, Wimbley, Cromartie, Joseph, Jackson, Watson, Justice, or any RB/LB.

I'm ok with Holmes or Cutler, otherwise can't think of any realistic offensive player worthy.

ct
04-27-2006, 07:38 AM
It's pretty clear that there will never ever ever be a consensus here at the planet.

Someone is going to come away unhappy.

I'm fairly certain, with my luck, it will be me.

fixed your post

Gaz
04-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I would have to say no to Cromartie.

xoxo~
Gaz
Learned his lessen with injured players.

Brock
04-27-2006, 07:59 AM
fixed your post

Derrick Johnson was a consensus pick, so no, you didn't.

Archie Bunker
04-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Gabe Watson - he's the second coming of Ryan Sims

Mathias Kiwanuka - he's a bust waiting to happen

Those are my 2 picks as well.

jlscorpio
04-27-2006, 09:29 AM
small corners

hypersensitiveZO6
04-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Most definately Wimbley.

eazyb81
04-27-2006, 09:37 AM
I would have to say no to Cromartie.

xoxo~
Gaz
Learned his lessen with injured players.

Man, if he can run a 4.4 w/ a bum knee, imagine what he could when healthy???

ROFL

You are aware that NFL doctors have agreed that he is back to 100%, right?

eazyb81
04-27-2006, 09:39 AM
You are right; too skinny. If he puts on some weight though, he could be a great bookend opposite Ware.....or Merriman for that matter. :hmmm:

I don't want this thread to turn into an argument, but I couldn't help but scratch my head reading your post.

If Jason Taylor, Jevon Kearse, and John Abraham all came into the league around the same size as Lawson and all excelled immediately at defensive end in a 4-3 scheme, why is Lawson "too skinny"? What do those guys have that he doesn't have?

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't want this thread to turn into an argument, but I couldn't help but scratch my head reading your post.

If Jason Taylor, Jevon Kearse, and John Abraham all came into the league around the same size as Lawson and all excelled immediately at defensive end in a 4-3 scheme, why is Lawson "too skinny"? What do those guys have that he doesn't have?

Not saying this is true, this is more of a question.

How strong were those guys coming in? Is Lawson as strong? Does Lawson have the moves or technique that they do?

eazyb81
04-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Not saying this is true, this is more of a question.

How strong were those guys coming in? Is Lawson as strong? Does Lawson have the moves or technique that they do?
I can't say for certain since i'm not a scout, but I would guess that Lawson had similar moves to Taylor and Abraham, since both switched off at LB and DE in their college careers, just like Lawson (Taylor's only season at DE was his senior season, and Abraham played OLB his senior year).

Also, Kearse never played DE until he came into the NFL, so I would assume that Lawson has better DE techniques than Kearse did coming out of school.

Kearse was able to come into the league as a rookie and lead the AFC in sacks despite never playing DE before that season. Kearse and Lawson are very similar in size and athleticism, and both ran 4.4 40's at the combine.

Gaz
04-27-2006, 11:41 AM
...You are aware that NFL doctors have agreed that he is back to 100%, right?

Bell got the same thumbs up from the doctors.

Nope. No more injured saviors, please.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not interested in Wounded Warrior, Part Deux.

Old Dog
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
just say NO to Lawson

eazyb81
04-28-2006, 08:45 AM
just say NO to Lawson

can't agree with ya there, buddy. Just because Sims didn't pan out, doesn't mean that anyone that played on the same unit with another great prospect will be a bust. Lawson's measurables are out of this world and he produced on the field.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
- An offensive player (unless it's a major steal; one of the top QBs or Winston Justice)

- A linebacker

- A reach (subjective term)

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 09:01 AM
just say NO to Lawson
And yes, to who? Lawson is a freak of nature. He has a nose for the ball and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. He knows how to get after the QB. I don't know who've you've seen, but Manny Lawson looks legit.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 09:15 AM
I like Lawson and consider myself a fan of his, but WTF does he so many fanboys that hunt down every single negative post about him just to repeat the same stuff?

Everyone knows he's an athlete. Still, there are questions over him and that's why some may pass. My question is his fit in a 4-3, and that's why i'd take him only if a number of other guys aren't there.

Old Dog
04-28-2006, 09:46 AM
And yes, to who? Lawson is a freak of nature. He has a nose for the ball and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. He knows how to get after the QB. I don't know who've you've seen, but Manny Lawson looks legit.
I respect your right to your opinion, but I don't share it. I think Lawson is a fraud.

Jimmy Williams or Cromartie are my choices should they be there at 20. If they aren't, then trade down.

I thought this was a who DON'T you want thread though.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2006, 10:07 AM
i don't really want vince young or Jay Cutler in the 1st round either.

i think both have the chance to completely bust

RedThat
04-28-2006, 10:26 AM

No he's not as physical I agree. But he is faster. He's got the blazing speed that offensive tackles in the league are gonna have a time to cope with. He has the long arms as well which is very important for a passrusher gives him more leverage to work and fight his way around blocks.

StcChief
04-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Not addressing D needs in 1-2 rounds.
no more WRs. Let's see what Samie and Crapo can do.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 11:02 AM
i don't really want vince young or Jay Cutler in the 1st round either.

i think both have the chance to completely bust

We agree yet again.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 11:53 AM
In defense of Lawson (since, despite being a fan of his, i'm often bashing him on this board with so many Lawson-lovers) -- he's not JUST a workout warrior.

In fact, he's LESS of a workout warrior than Mario Williams. It was Lawson -- not Williams -- who was voted NC State's best D-lineman and most valuable player.

Lawson isn't just an athlete. He got it done in college. The question mark over him isn't whether he's just a track guy but whether or not he can gain 20 lbs without losing any quickness and play in a 4-3 scheme. NFL tackles will eat 240lbers for breakfast.

eazyb81
04-28-2006, 12:04 PM
<DIV>[QUOTE=|