View Full Version : No wonder he can't hit home runs anymore

chiefqueen
04-26-2006, 03:45 PM
.........poor baby!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2422902

Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Team looking for ways to better warm dugout
<HR width="100%" noShade SIZE=1>Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=3918) soon should be toasty warm again in the San Francisco Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sfo)' dugout. The Giants said Wednesday they are looking into ways to upgrade the heating system in the team's dugout after state law mandated the club remove two kerosene heaters following the 2005 season because of health and safety concerns. The 41-year-old Bonds brought the issue to the attention of Giants officials earlier this season, then took his complaint public after Tuesday night's 4-1 loss to the New York Mets (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nym). "By law, it was legislated out," team spokesman Jim Moorehead said. "We've always had the overhead heating -- the panels. This offseason, we added heating underneath the seats. We're also looking into other means of heating for the area." Bonds said the lack of heaters forced him to sit in the tunnel between innings wearing heat packs to keep his muscles warm. It was 54 degrees at gametime Tuesday night. "It was cold, real cold," Bonds said after hitting career home run No. 710. "We're used to having heaters in the dugout to keep yourself warm and loose and we don't have them. ... Sit in the tunnel with heat packs on is about all you can do." Bonds, nursing a tender surgically repaired right knee and a swollen left elbow, grimaced noticeably as he limped around the bases after his homer. He returned to play left field in the top of the third but remained stiff for the game and couldn't jump high enough to catch Xavier Nady (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6610)'s go-ahead home run. It's been a cool first month in the Bay Area. "I guess it's a rule now," Giants manager Felipe Alou said of the heaters. "We have them, but they're lukewarm and you can't turn them up." Bonds was not in the lineup for Wednesday afternoon's series finale against the Mets. After Thursday's off-day, Alou hopes Bonds will play both Friday and Sunday against Arizona and possibly Saturday, too. The seven-time NL MVP is five homers from passing Babe Ruth for second on the career list and 46 away from breaking Hank Aaron's mark of 755. Bonds, who was available to pinch hit Wednesday, is batting .231 with two home runs and three RBI in 17 games. He played six straight games last week, and Alou has decided Bonds probably will need to go back to his typical schedule of past seasons when he took off day games after night games. The slugger was limited to 14 games last season following three operations on his troublesome knee, then was limited this spring training. "Well, I'm sort of encouraged," Alou said of Bonds' production. "He's been slow. I expected that to happen. I think the six consecutive games he played was probably too much. It set him back physically."

Katipan
04-26-2006, 03:46 PM
I didn't read any of that, but it's a bashing barry bonds thread so you get rep!

chiefqueen
04-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks, and I know, I need to learn how to copy & paste articles w/o the hard returns being deleted.

Eleazar
04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
What a prima donna.

Duck Dog
04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Just when I thought I couldn't care any less about Bonds, he up and says something really stupid again.

tk13
04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Have you seen him run? He can't, he looks awful. He makes Kirk Gibson look like Secretariat. It's amazing he's even hit 2 homers. He's gonna have to go on the DL and get better, or go to the AL. I can't imagine he'll play like that all year, it'd be a huge problem defensively in LF.

RaiderH8r
04-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Have you seen him run? He can't, he looks awful. He makes Kirk Gibson look like Secretariat. It's amazing he's even hit 2 homers. He's gonna have to go on the DL and get better, or go to the AL. I can't imagine he'll play like that all year, it'd be a huge problem defensively in LF.
Gawd I hate the DH. It is the work of Lucifer himself.

Katipan
04-26-2006, 04:14 PM
No way. Lucifer wasn't a faggot.

Fish
04-26-2006, 04:18 PM
It was 54 degrees at gametime Tuesday night. "It was cold, real cold," Bonds said

What a freakin puss...........

chefsos
04-26-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm kinda surprised he doesn't have a recliner with a heater and magic fingers in the dugout anyway.

Katipan
04-26-2006, 04:27 PM
chiefqueen please post again in this thread.

tyvm.

JBucc
04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
AAAAHHHH my achin bone chips!

Spicy McHaggis
04-26-2006, 04:34 PM
I imagine a lot of people here played ball in high school and college. If we had said this any of our coaches would have been justified in backhanding our bitching ass or at least making us run until we were nice and warm.

tk13
04-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Bonds just hit 711 off Billy Wagner in the 9th inning today.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Gawd I hate the DH. It is the work of Lucifer himself.

Because everyone loves watching pitchers bat.

Bootlegged
04-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Bonds just hit 711 off Billy Wagner in the 9th inning today.

Ha. Nice timing.

chiefqueen
04-26-2006, 08:42 PM
chiefqueen please post again in this thread.

tyvm.

Here I am.................

Katipan
04-26-2006, 09:02 PM
whew. thanks. :D

Halfcan
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
He still has so many roids in his system, I am surprised he can feel anything. Please someone shoot him or at least pull a Tonya Harding on his left knee.