PDA

View Full Version : Hauling Tail

FAX
04-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Fox News is showing another car chase right now.

This guy is really making good time on the freeway. Problem is, they have two helicopters and a dozen interceptors following his every move.

I think it's interesting that these people think they can escape when the entire country is watching them.

FAX

Rain Man
04-27-2006, 09:50 AM
It's cool when they use the helicopters. There's no way to escape the helicopters.

FAX
04-27-2006, 09:54 AM
The have spun him out.

I count thirteen, yes thirteen squad cars.

It's amazing to think that anyone would believe that they had a chance to escape. Sure, they could outrun the interceptors (in theory), but they would have to wait for the helicopters to run out of gas or something. How much fuel does a helicopter have? Or, of course, they could go underground and lose them, I suppose.

FAX

Rain Man
04-27-2006, 10:00 AM
There's no way to escape the helicopters.

Unless, of course, there's a lot of dense forest around. Maybe then. Or maybe some kind of big high-rise with multiple entrances and a clothing store where you could change shirts.

Or perhaps if you've previously arranged to converge at an intersection with eight identical vehicles, but even that's chancey.

Rooster
04-27-2006, 10:01 AM
The have spun him out.

I count thirteen, yes thirteen squad cars.

It's amazing to think that anyone would believe that they had a chance to escape. Sure, they could outrun the interceptors (in theory), but they would have to wait for the helicopters to run out of gas or something. How much fuel does a helicopter have? Or, of course, they could go underground and lose them, I suppose.

FAX

Another option is to head into restricted airspace such as an airport I suppose. I agree though. These people are idiots to try to outrun when the numbers are so stacked against them.

FAX
04-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Another option is to head into restricted airspace such as an airport I suppose. I agree though. These people are idiots to try to outrun when the numbers are so stacked against them.

That's the way I see it too, Mr. Rooster.

It seems like this happens a lot. Especially in LA where this one is taking place. You have to have help if you're going to make an escape like this. Someone to shoot down the helicopters (difficult to do when you're driving), or someone waiting in another vehicle in an underground garage or something. The helicopters make it very hard to get away. Plus, it's not just police helicopters. There were several news helicopters as well.

They're reporting that this guy is a murder suspect, now. Apparently shot someone in Torrence. Probably felt like he had nothing to lose. Put a lot of people in very, very serious danger on the freeway. He's looking at a long stretch of hard time.

FAX

beavis
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
There's no way to escape the helicopters.

Unless, of course, there's a lot of dense forest around. Maybe then. Or maybe some kind of big high-rise with multiple entrances and a clothing store where you could change shirts.

Or perhaps if you've previously arranged to converge at an intersection with eight identical vehicles, but even that's chancey.
... or find a really long tunnel.

beavis
04-27-2006, 10:16 AM
I saw that flick. Maybe if they speed up really fast, they can jump that big gap in the road too.

StcChief
04-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Long way to Mexico......thru desert.

FAX
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Did they rough him up or something, Mr. ENDelt260?

In other news, Fox is now reporting that 2 large wildcats have been seen at Andrews AFB in Maryland. Schools have been locked down in the area. The helicopters are out on this one too. But, I'll bet they won't be able to spot them from the air.

FAX

FAX
04-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Man. This wildcat thing is really something.

They're telling everyone in the area to stay indoors. I wonder if these are, by any chance, Chinese wildcats.

FAX

Inspector
04-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Are those black helicopters by chance?

Those are everywhere trying to pinpoint all humans for alien inhabitation.

That's what I heard anyway.

sedated
04-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Now they have those choppers with night-vision sh!t, so hiding in dense foliage won't work.

what's a deranged killer on-the-run to do now?

FAX
04-27-2006, 12:24 PM
This is a big day for helicopter stories.

Now there is a renegade bear on the loose in Thousand Oaks. They are hunting Mr. Bear with helicopters as well.

How much gas does a helicopter use? Anybody know?

FAX

Hammock Parties
04-27-2006, 12:27 PM
http://www.musicman.com/00pic/1223.jpg

Rain Man
04-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Now they have those choppers with night-vision sh!t, so hiding in dense foliage won't work.

what's a deranged killer on-the-run to do now?

Yeah, but I don't think infrared will work on a cold-blooded killer, and they're all cold-blooded.