PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs talking trade with Green bay

Pages : 1 [2]

vailpass
04-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Multiple reports (although maybe all stemming from the same source) say Walker is in Foxboro as I type this.

Edit -- further info - Michael Holley (formerly Boston Globe, wrote a book on the Pats and often has good sources) reports that he's there for a physical and to exchange contract discussions.

Everyone he visits will ask for a physical and talk contract terms, he blew his ACL out last year and is a free agent next year. From today's Denver Post:

Packers' Walker remains on wish list

By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer
DenverPost.com

The Broncos are visiting with disgruntled Pro Bowl receiver Javon Walker in an effort to pry him away from Green Bay.

Wrapping up a week of increased communication regarding a possible deal, the Broncos were scheduled to be the second stop on a whirlwind tour by Walker, an NFL source confirmed. Walker was to arrive in Denver on Thursday to take a physical and meet with members of the organization.

Walker visited New Orleans earlier Thursday and could make more visits today. New England, Miami, San Francisco, Kansas City and Philadelphia also are vying for his services.

The Saints and Broncos appear to be the front-runners for Walker, who could be traded by the start of the NFL draft Saturday morning. The Broncos may have a better chance of landing Walker because of a willingness to give him a long-term contract.

Walker's sudden tour developed early Thursday when Green Bay granted him permission to visit teams but not negotiate with them. The Packers had maintained for months they weren't interested in trading Walker but this week began listening to offers.

Walker becomes a free agent after the 2006 season, so any team that trades for him is likely to attempt to negotiate a long-term contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/fragments/print_article.jsp?article=3760578

Amnorix
04-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Vailpass -- agreed. Seems like there might not be enough time left before the draft for something to get done. I have no idea why GB waited so long. Not only does GB need to be satified, but the other team needs to reach a long-term contract agreement with Walker.

Hard to see it happening.

vailpass
04-28-2006, 12:28 PM
Vailpass -- agreed. Seems like there might not be enough time left before the draft for something to get done. I have no idea why GB waited so long. Not only does GB need to be satified, but the other team needs to reach a long-term contract agreement with Walker.

Hard to see it happening.

Good point. It will take a motivated GM to land Walker at this point. However Miami, NE, and Denver have excellent GMs so it won't surprise me to see something happen. If anything it might be Walker who prevents a deal if he can't get the long-term $$ he wants.
Don't you love draft week?