PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to the Draft party?

Phobia
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I'll be there. If you're there make sure you throw something at me, especially if we haven't met previously. I enjoy meeting new friends.

Should be a good time.

Warpaint will have half a dozen wannabe journalists covering the draft from Arrowhead, so if/when ChiefsPlanet crashes I'd like to invite you to come visit Warpaint for our free coverage this weekend. http://chiefs.scout.com

SPchief
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
SPAM!!!

somebody had to do it

jspchief
04-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I can just see myself sitting around getting shitcanned for the 4 hours leading up to our pick, and then saying something to get ejected when it finally happens.

Anyone been before? I'd be curious if it's fun or if it's kind of boring.

JBucc
04-27-2006, 03:10 PM
I prefer to yell at the tv alone

Phobia
04-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Anyone been before? I'd be curious if it's fun or if it's kind of boring.

This will be my first time. I have no idea how fun it is for your average fan but the Superfans go back every year. It will be fun asking questions of draftees 10 minutes after they get drafted though.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 03:14 PM
This will be my first time. I have no idea how fun it is for your average fan but the Superfans go back every year. It will be fun asking questions of draftees 10 minutes after they get drafted though.To be honest, I don't see myself enjoying it. There would likely be too many people that I disagreed with, and sitting in a room full of opinionated morons doesn't appeal to me.

I just can't picture what kind of atmosphere it would be. I think I'll stick to my sportsbar and/or home office.

Eleazar
04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
A typical draft day for me:

1. Wake up around 10:00
2. Make some football food. Hod dogs, nachos, maybe pick up some wings.
3. Watch the first team use all their time on the clock even though they have had months to think about the first pick.
4. Gorge self on food.
5. Fall asleep for 1 1/2 hour.
6. Wake up to realize we're only on pick 10 and the Chiefs are 16/18/20 like every year.
7. Hang around waiting for our pick to be made.
8. Get angry when we trade down and kick some furniture.
9. Watch all the guys I was hoping we could steal go off the board.
10. Watch Denver and San Diego make good picks.
11. Fall asleep again
12. WHO THE HELL IS JUNIOR SLAVIL???

Sully
04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I used to go to them, when they were still in the Arrowhead Club. I was planning to go this year, but I have a final scheduled for that afternoon, so that time would be better spent cramming (since I didn't take advantage of the entire semester to do so).
They are decent events, but a little cheesy. If it's anything like it used to be, you sit there listening to the guy from 101 (Skip Roadie???) talk about it the entire time.

Sully
04-27-2006, 03:18 PM
It will be fun asking questions of draftees 10 minutes after they get drafted though.

I got to do that one year, and was pretty excited about it. Except that was the year they drafted Johnson and Mitchell... neither one of which seemed at all interested in being talked to (about what had to be one of the biggest moments in their lives).

StcChief
04-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Yell at TV at home.

Monty
04-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I'll be there. If you're there make sure you throw something at me, especially if we haven't met previously. I enjoy meeting new friends.

Should be a good time.

Warpaint will have half a dozen wannabe journalists covering the draft from Arrowhead, so if/when ChiefsPlanet crashes I'd like to invite you to come visit Warpaint for our free coverage this weekend. http://chiefs.scout.com

My intent is to be drinking heavily for this event, so I hope my aim isn't off. ;)

This is my first time too. If it's fun, I'll go back. If not, I'll watch it on TV like I used to do.

If you see me first, I'll be the drunk guy throwing stuff at you. :p

Phobia
04-27-2006, 03:43 PM
If you see me first, I'll be the drunk guy throwing stuff at you. :p
I'll try to bring a change of clothes. Hopefully you'll be throwing full beers at me.

Bwana
04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Hell no. I will be on the river hauling in large trout. To far to drive big dog. :)

BigChief68
04-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Should be a good time.

Ill be there! Along with Chiefaholic!

Monty
04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I'll try to bring a change of clothes. Hopefully you'll be throwing full beers at me.

Heh....not a chance. :D

Phobia
04-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Ill be there! Along with Chiefaholic!

Cool. I'm not sure I've met you guys. Make sure you swing by. I'll be the dorky white guy with the hot ladies draped all over him.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Throw full Bud Lights at him.

That's about all they're good for.

chiefsfaninNC
04-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Cool. I'm not sure I've met you guys. Make sure you swing by. I'll be the dorky white guy with the hot ladies draped all over him.

That means the Chief's cheerleaders aren't going.

Clint in Wichita
04-27-2006, 04:28 PM
A Chiefs Draft Party is akin to a Jewish Zyclon-B Party.

Chiefaholic
04-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Yep.. I plan to head up to KC early Saturday morning and make a full day out of it. I'm fairly sure we've met befor at B5 when I bought a Chiefsplanet shirt from you guys. Plus, Stevieray and Weirdwolf know us because we sit right next to them in the endzone at Arrowhead. This will be my first year going to the draft party and I'm fairly sure it's BigChief68's as well.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Yep.. I plan to head up to KC early Saturday morning and make a full day out of it. I'm fairly sure we've met befor at B5 when I bought a Chiefsplanet shirt from you guys. Plus, Stevieray and Weirdwolf know us because we sit right next to them in the endzone at Arrowhead. This will be my first year going to the draft party and I'm fairly sure it's BigChief68's as well.Were you at that practice that was open to the public at Arrowhead? For some reason I have it in my mind I've met you, and that's the only time I can think of.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Yep.. I plan to head up to KC early Saturday morning and make a full day out of it. I'm fairly sure we've met befor at B5 when I bought a Chiefsplanet shirt from you guys. Plus, Stevieray and Weirdwolf know us because we sit right next to them in the endzone at Arrowhead. This will be my first year going to the draft party and I'm fairly sure it's BigChief68's as well.

Unfortunately, I confuse almost everybody who has "Chief" in their name. JSPchief, Austinchief, and BigRedChief are a few exceptions.

I'll probably recognize you there, though. I never forget a face unless I really want to.

KChiefsQT
04-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Hot after how many brewskys??

cdcox
04-27-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm going to a two-person draft party at a Steelers fan's house. Chimay and BBQ are on the menu. I'll be sure to check into CP to witness the meltdown.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Hot after how many brewskys??

I'm sure it will take them at least 5 or 6 to hang on my arm. I'm a skilled negotiator.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm going to a two-person draft party at a Steelers fan's house. Chimay and BBQ are on the menu. I'll be sure to check into CP to witness the meltdown.

Pretty much my plan as well....heh. ROFL

The Bad Guy
04-27-2006, 09:36 PM
I will be in NYC for the draft again this year.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 09:37 PM
I will be in NYC for the draft again this year.Work or Pleasure?

The Bad Guy
04-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Work or Pleasure?

Pleasure this year.

This will be the last year I go to watch it live unless I have to work it for some reason next year.

It's a good time for the first couple hours, then it drags on forever.

Nzoner
04-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm not going(I've got a reunion meeting)but on topic I and a friend got yet another nice 4 color cardboard stock invitation yesterday to attend free of charge if we buy season tickets.

I realize the Chiefs are loaded but you'd think they'd see that we gave up our seats this year and send this to someone who may take them up on the offer.

Skip Towne
04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm not going(I've got a reunion meeting)but on topic I and a friend got yet another nice 4 color cardboard stock invitation yesterday to attend free of charge if we buy season tickets.

I realize the Chiefs are loaded but you'd think they'd see that we gave up our seats this year and send this to someone who may take them up on the offer.
I wouldn't make any deals with the Kansas City Chiefs anyway. They have that tough SOB negotiator.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Pleasure this year.

This will be the last year I go to watch it live unless I have to work it for some reason next year.

It's a good time for the first couple hours, then it drags on forever.

I'll bet. Do they at least have wi-fi so you can be doing stuff between picks? Or do they have some other kind of entertainment?

The Bad Guy
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I'll bet. Do they at least have wi-fi so you can be doing stuff between picks? Or do they have some other kind of entertainment?

Didn't last year. It's in a new place this year so hopefully they have something setup.

There was an interactive room you could go in, but I didn't realize it until after the Chiefs picked.

Chiefaholic
04-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Were you at that practice that was open to the public at Arrowhead? For some reason I have it in my mind I've met you, and that's the only time I can think of.

Yeah, I was there as well. I'll be wearing my custom Chiefs jersey (#1)with "Chiefaholic" across the back.

Phobia
04-28-2006, 02:59 PM
If you do make it to the party, make sure you stop by the Warpaint table. I'll make sure you guys get some promotional stuff. If you can't check out the draft party, Warpaint will be offering unrivaled coverage of the Chiefs draft straight from Arrowhead. You don't have to sign up for the site or anything, just check out the coverage. We have some pretty football smart guys. I know it's hard to believe but they may even be smarter than me. http://chiefs.scout.com

Bowser
04-28-2006, 03:31 PM
I will be in NYC for the draft again this year.

That would be cool to be there to see New York fan going beserk when the Jets and Giants pick.

Make a sign for the ESPN cameras filled with ChiefsPlanet lexicon belittling Taco John, or something.

shaneo69
04-28-2006, 06:14 PM
If you do make it to the party, make sure you stop by the Nick Athan table. I'll make sure you guys get some Nick Athan-approved promotional stuff. If you can't check out the draft party, Nick Athan will be offering unrivaled coverage of the Chiefs draft straight from Arrowhead. You don't have to sign up for Nick Athan's site or anything, just check out Nick Athan's coverage. We also have some pretty football smart guys besides Nick Athan. I know it's hard to believe but Nick Athan may even be smarter than me. http://chiefs.scout.com

Gosh, you may want to tone it down a bit.

Phobia
04-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Gosh, you may want to tone it down a bit.

That's kinda funny, Shane. But Nick finally figured out he needs to do what he does best and let the writers write. He hasn't written anything in 3 weeks. We don't let him edit any longer either.

Nzoner
04-28-2006, 07:07 PM
That's kinda funny, Shane. But Nick finally figured out he needs to do what he does best and let the writers write. He hasn't written anything in 3 weeks. We don't let him edit any longer either.

Seeing you post just now reminded me of something,I think I'll have a cold Zon.

Chiefaholic
04-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I've been looking for this place on Google Maps. Is Wolfpack drive the road that goes into the facility?

Phobia
04-28-2006, 08:14 PM
I've been looking for this place on Google Maps. Is Wolfpack drive the road that goes into the facility?

I don't recall. It's just up the hill from Arrowhead and away from The K. It's the only structure out there. It's pretty hard to miss.

OnTheWarpath15
04-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't recall. It's just up the hill from Arrowhead and away from The K. It's the only structure out there. It's pretty hard to miss.

Enter TSC at Gate 5......

Pretty sure that's the gate at Northbound 435 and Raytown Road.

Just look for the barn-looking structure and a set of goalposts.

BigRedChief
04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Unfortunately, I confuse almost everybody who has "Chief" in their name. JSPchief, Austinchief, and BigRedChief are a few exceptions.

I'll probably recognize you there, though. I never forget a face unless I really want to.

I'm not like any other. I'm special. And darn goneit people like me.
http://www.alfrankenweb.com/stuart1.jpg

My little leaguers ball team is getting rained out some games so I might be able to make it for a little while now.

Phobia
04-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Good. I want to talk to you about something important, Dug.