PDA

View Full Version : How will the draft shake out?

BigChiefFan
04-27-2006, 04:29 PM
This is how I see it shaking out. Thoughts?

Texans-HB Reggie Bush
Saints-OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Titans-DE Mario Williams
Jets-QB Matt Leinart
Green Bay-LB AJ Hawk
San Francisco-TE Vernon Davis
Oakland-Vince Young
Buffalo-DT Broderick Bunkley
Detroit-FS Michael Huff
Arizona-QB Jay Cutler
St. Louis-CB Jimmy Williams
Cleveland-DT Haloti Ngata
Baltimore-LB Ernie Sims
Philadelphia-WR Chad Jackson
Denver-WR Santonio Holmes
Miami-CB Tye Hill
Minnesota-HB DeAngelo Williams
Dallas-CB Jason Allen
San Diego-OT Winston Justice
Kansas City-DE Manny Lawson
New England-LB Chad Greenway
San Francisco-DE Wimbley
Tampa Bay-DE Tamba Hali
Cincinatti-CB Antonio Cromatie
New York Giants-C Nick Mangold
Chicago-TE Marcedes Lewis
Carolina-WR Sinorice Moss
Jacksonville-HB Laurence Maroney
New York Jets-DE Mathias Kiwanuka
Indianapolis-LB Bobby Carpenter
Seattle-OT Eric Winston
Pittsburg-HB Lendale White

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
04-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Dallas wouldn't pass on Justice IMO

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Man, i'd be pissed if Justice went before us and the Chargers got there just before us (again).

I like him a lot. Top 10 talent, easily, and the perfect guy to play RT as a rookie and slide in at LT in 2007, ala Jammal Brown.

Edit: this coming from a guy who's ALL about defense and would puke at a WR in round one.

eazyb81
04-28-2006, 08:01 AM
I like it, but the Titans are definitely taking a QB in the 1st round. They have basically already kicked McNair to the curb, so it is between Young and Leinart for their pick.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Dallas wouldn't pass on Justice IMO
I originally had the two picks swapped for each team, but in the end, I believe Allen is too talented and fills an immmediate need for them.

jiveturkey
04-28-2006, 08:19 AM
I originally had the two picks swapped for each team, but in the end, I believe Allen is too talented and fills an immmediate need for them.
Dallas seem pretty set in the secondary. They picked up a veteran safety to play along side Williams and they have 3 good CB's.

I also believe that Allen is coming in as a FS.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Dallas seem pretty set in the secondary. They picked up a veteran safety to play along side Williams and they have 3 good CB's.

I also believe that Allen is coming in as a FS.
He said he would play either position, which is why I see them taking a chance on him. I know they signed Coleman for FS, but I believe that was just to fill the hole, but the long-term plan, should be to draft a replacement. They definitely could go in a different direction, but Allen would be a great value at 19, and he fits a need. I could easily be wrong, though.

Old Dog
04-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Williams to New Orleans
QB to Tennessee

and I pray that we don't take the DE version of Sims. Lawson is a product of playing with Williams.

jiveturkey
04-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Williams to New Orleans
QB to Tennessee

and I pray that we don't take the DE version of Sims. Lawson is a product of playing with Williams.
I'm guessing that you haven't seen him play.

He didn't line up next to Williams, he was on the opposite side of the line and he didn't have much of a problem beating the OT's that he faced.

Old Dog
04-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm guessing that you haven't seen him play.

He didn't line up next to Williams, he was on the opposite side of the line and he didn't have much of a problem beating the OT's that he faced.
I did see him play. Williams faced double teams while Lawson did not. I grant you that he sometimes beat the OT's he faced IN COLLEGE, but I say he won't do it on Sundays.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 11:57 AM
. Williams faced double teams while Lawson did not.

This is a myth. Go to Yahoo.com or msn.foxsports.com and see the videos for yourself. Study Lawson and Williams - you'll see in all the clips that the attention is paid to both of them equally.

People assume it's true because Mario Williams is going #1 or #2 overall. But he's not going that high because he dominated double teams in college making his teammates look better.

No, not even close. He's going that high because he's 6'7", 290+ lbs and runs in the 4.6 range.

ct
04-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Also consider that Mario played the left side, Manny the right side. So Manny is the guy going up against the LT most of the time.