PDA

View Full Version : Well I wasn't going to post this but...

ChiefsLV
04-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Since there was a GM thread, I thought I'd fill you all in with my latest GM drama.... This is good stuff.

It all started at 29k mles when my front suspension started clanking around when driving over bumps in my 04 Pontiac Grand Prix. I took it to the dealer and they replaced a front strut mount. Got the car back and it still had the problem. Took the car back and they replaced a front stabilizer bar. I drove the car for two weeks and thought it was finally fixed. Then on Tuesday morning at work, I get a call from my insurance company. My car had been reported in a hit and run accident. "No", I tell them, I haven't even had a close call. "Have you let anyone else drive your car?" they ask me. Then it hit me. I go out to my car and get the dealer invoice, and sure enough, the day this hit and run happened, my car was in the hands of the dealer. The insurance guy said the lady that reported the hit and run was rear-ended so I check the front bumper. Sure enough the license plate is all dented in, consistent with a front end collision. I didn't even notice it when I picked the car up or for the two weeks since I had it in the shop. So some jackass who was taking my car on an "extensive" test drive, since this was the second time in for the same problem, ran into the back of some lady and then left the scene of the accident. She got my plate and reported my, err their ass.

And if that wasn't enough, the clanking in my front suspension came back after two weeks. So now I get to take my car in a third time for the same exact problem. :banghead:

seclark
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
the wife drives a grand prix...pretty sweet ride.
sec

recxjake
04-27-2006, 07:48 PM
the same crap happens in toyotas, fords and hondas...... GM quality is getting better and better

Bwana
04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Heh! :Poke:

Phobia
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Anybody who buys a Pontiac gets what they deserve. This is coming from a GM fan. Pontiac is the Kia of GM.

seclark
04-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Anybody who buys a Pontiac gets what they deserve. This is coming from a GM fan. Pontiac is the Kia of GM.
when i said "sweet ride", i wasn't taking about the car.
sec

Phobia
04-27-2006, 08:04 PM
when i said "sweet ride", i wasn't taking about the car.
sec

I agree. Plus, she does yardwork. When you're fishing with the boys, she's out mowing my lawn.

Kerberos
04-27-2006, 08:04 PM
the same crap happens in toyotas, fords and hondas...... GM quality is getting better and better

F*** the fact that all companys have problems ... I find it very disturbing that a representative from a CAR DEALER (GM or OTHERWISE) is implicated in a hit and run and APPARANTLY DIDN'T BOTHER TELLING ANYONE :cuss: I would be LIVID! :cuss:

Doesn't this even remotely bother anyone else? :banghead:

I think I would have to call an attorney to do my talking for me on this.

The fact that it is a GM dealer bothers me even more for some reason!

What the HELL are people thinking? :shake: I answered my own question .. THIER NOT THINKING

Phobia
04-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah - I'm thinking dude is gonna own part of the dealership.

seclark
04-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I agree. Plus, she does yardwork. When you're fishing with the boys, she's out mowing my lawn.
no worries, as long as she's done w/ours.
sec

Iowanian
04-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Poor Old Necropheliac Thinks Its A Cadilac

4th and Long
04-27-2006, 08:07 PM
My GM product has 178,000+ on it and it runs like a top.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 08:12 PM
My GM product has 178,000+ on it and it runs like a top.

You should probably get a front end alignment or something.

recxjake
04-27-2006, 08:14 PM
GM still has some issues....

Chevy Cars
Entire Pontiac lineup
Half of Buick
Mini Vans

They have fixed....

SUV's
Trucks... this summer
Saturn
Caddy
Half of Buick

They have a good headstart w/ E-85 and Hydrogen
Almost back to profitability
21 billion in cash

Stocks finally going up again.....

It's all about quality..... they finally figured it out

DomerNKC
04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
the same crap happens in toyotas, fords and hondas...... GM quality is getting better and betterkeep telling yourself that. if you pull the covers over your head, all of the monsters in your room cant see you either.

recxjake
04-27-2006, 09:36 PM
keep telling yourself that. if you pull the covers over your head, all of the monsters in your room cant see you either.

haha so your saying every other car maker has no problems... right

morphius
04-27-2006, 09:44 PM
I would never buy a pontiac below the GTP, just have never heard anything good about them.

morphius
04-27-2006, 09:47 PM

Chevy Cars
Entire Pontiac lineup
Half of Buick
Mini Vans

They have fixed....

SUV's
Trucks... this summer
Saturn
Caddy
Half of Buick

21 billion in cash

Can you please make up your mind. One post they are as good as Toyota and everyone else, next post is they are getting better, and then we find out that there are a lot of GM vehicles that you consider problems.

burt
04-27-2006, 09:53 PM

Chevy Cars
Entire Pontiac lineup
Half of Buick
Mini Vans

They have fixed....

SUV's
Trucks... this summer
Saturn
Caddy
Half of Buick

21 billion in cash

I knew you werw full of shit...the Cobalt, Impala and Malibu are VERY great cars!! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!

recxjake
04-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I knew you werw full of shit...the Cobalt, Impala and Malibu are VERY great cars!! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!

They need to be redone....

recxjake
04-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Can you please make up your mind. One post they are as good as Toyota and everyone else, next post is they are getting better, and then we find out that there are a lot of GM vehicles that you consider problems.

they just arent selling well.... the minivans are a joke, buick and pontiac need to fit their indentity better and the chevy cars don't compete against toyota w/ styling

burt
04-27-2006, 09:58 PM
keep telling yourself that. if you pull the covers over your head, all of the monsters in your room cant see you either.

Dude, I love you like a brother....oh wait, you are my brother....but Toyota coined the phrase "sludge engine". You know, engines that create a sludge in the oil...that blows the engine. Happens even IF you changed your oil every 3k miles. GM DID NOT coin that phrase. Toyota has a great PR firm, because the public doesn't know about this. Toyota service departments do.

morphius
04-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Aren't they all fairly knew? I mean the Impala is a new design this year.

burt
04-27-2006, 09:59 PM

Yeah, I guess safety and reliability DON'T COUNT. Your and idiot.

SLAG
04-27-2006, 10:00 PM

Front Wheel Drive Impala :shake:

burt
04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
they just arent selling well.... the minivans are a joke, buick and pontiac need to fit their indentity better and the chevy cars don't compete against toyota w/ styling

chevy minivans suck. agreed. Chevy cars don't compete with Toyota's in styling? Sure the "Jimmy Durante" nose on the Camry is good looking. YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT. Toyota's sell because of a "perceived" quality. Chevy's now match Toyota's cars in reliability. It will just take a few years before the public believes it. BTW, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!! Go count some money. Your and idiot.

burt
04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Front Wheel Drive Impala :shake:

Yeah Ebstien, with up to 303 hp.

burt
04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Damn, guys, don't listen to this asshole. He is a bean counter, with NO Automobile knowledge...WHATSOEVER!!! Well, not unless he has read someone elses opinion in a ****ing magazine!! Ask him about finaance...hw MAY know, other than that....he hasn't a ****ing clue!!

morphius
04-27-2006, 10:10 PM
chevy minivans suck. agreed. Chevy cars don't compete with Toyota's in styling? Sure the "Jimmy Durante" nose on the Camry is good looking. YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT. Toyota's sell because of a "perceived" quality. Chevy's now match Toyota's cars in reliability. It will just take a few years before the public believes it. BTW, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!! Go count some money. Your and idiot.
I don't know about that, I tend to not be a fan of Chevy's design and like the look of the Toyo's and Nissan's more.

SLAG
04-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah Ebstien, with up to 303 hp.

At the wheels?

Engine Only? Elaborate?

My Camaro had 310 at the wheel.. about 330 at the flywheel.

TH350's were too weak for my engine.

burt
04-27-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know about that, I tend to not be a fan of Chevy's design and like the look of the Toyo's and Nissan's more.

Chevy does tend to be a little bland in design, but our emphasis is reliability. If you look at the history of the Camry, it became the #1 selling car in America by being bland, yet trouble free...thus appealing to the masses. Chevy wants that. Can't blame us. Reliability is a damn good thing. And yet it WAS Toyota that had the sludge engines.

burt
04-27-2006, 10:18 PM
At the wheels?

Engine Only? Elaborate?

My Camaro had 310 at the wheel.. about 330 at the flywheel.

TH350's were too weak for my engine.

303 ON THE ROAD. Front wheel drive toget you around in the snow...yet great performance. Not exactly a Camaro.....but there is more to come on that.

burt
04-27-2006, 10:18 PM
303 ON THE ROAD. Front wheel drive toget you around in the snow...yet great performance. Not exactly a Camaro.....but there is more to come on that.

Someone ask me about the Blue Devil........

SLAG
04-27-2006, 10:21 PM

Id rather have this

Inside every Z06 is an LS7 aluminum–block V8. It puts out a SAE-certified (Society of Automotive Engineers) 505 hp and 470 lb.–ft. of torque. Hand–built by the GM Performance Build Center in Wixom, Mich., the LS7 engine contains a litany of racing–derived components, such as an eight–quart dry–sump lubrication system, titanium valves and connecting rods, forged–steel crankshaft with six–bolt main bearings, high–profile cam, and Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machined heads for better air/fuel flow. Even with its performance, the engine does not incur a federal government gas–guzzler penalty.

burt
04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Id rather have this

To be found in the Camaro SS......

SLAG
04-27-2006, 10:25 PM
To be found in the Camaro SS......

I hope so... If so im buying it... I dont care what i have to do

burt
04-27-2006, 10:28 PM
I hope so... If so im buying it... I dont care what i have to do

Chevy is reinventing itself. The Camaro WILL have a SS with the Z06 engine, not to mention the Blue Devil.,

SLAG
04-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Chevy is reinventing itself. The Camero WILL have a SS with the Z06 engine,,,,,not to mention the Blue Devil,,,,,

The 06 Z06 is a thing a beauty...

http://www.dri-wash.us/domains/corvettes/images/c6-2005.JPG

but so is a 69 Camaro with the Big Block 396

burt
04-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Okay, since no one is asking, the limited production Blue Devil will have 600 hp in a Corvette body... Super Cars are shaking in their skins. It has Chevy's go ahead.

SLAG
04-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Okay, since no one is asking, the limited production Blue Devil will have 600 hp in a Corvette body... Super Cars are shaking in their skins. It has Chevy's go ahead.

are you talking Limited Production like the Caddillaic Sixteen or is this Mass Production like the Aveo

burt
04-27-2006, 10:39 PM
are you talking Limited Production like the Caddillaic Sixteen or is this Mass Production like the Aveo

EXTREME limited production.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2006, 11:06 PM
You probably should have bought a Honda. Sorry dude.

Bob Dole
04-27-2006, 11:08 PM
... buick and pontiac need to fit their indentity better ...

So what you're saying is that every Buick sold needs to come with a gift certificate to the Scooter Store?

Dave Lane
04-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Is GM still in business? They are taking their own sweet time in going under.

Dave

ExtremeChief
04-28-2006, 07:01 AM
You should probably get a front end alignment or something.

that's a gem right there

sometimes the strangest things make me laugh

burt
04-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Is GM still in business? They are taking their own sweet time in going under.

Dave

Yep, GM is going under....right around the same time Walmart, and Time Warner Productions go under.... Get in your Kia and take a long drive to contemplate it.....

greg63
04-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Well I wasn't going to post this but...

Next time go with you first instinct.

Lzen
04-28-2006, 07:43 AM
That dealer needs to pay out the ass for that crap. :shake:

FTR, I owned a 1995 Buick Skylark. I put 130k miles on it without any problems (other than typical maintenance).

Now, the Pontiac minivan we own is another story. Some dumbass engineers at GM thought it would be cute to put in a 100k mile antifreeze, called Dexcool. Only problem is that the stuff is corrosive. It eats hoses, water pumps, intake seals(or gaskets - whatever they call it), etc. 4321 **** you, GM!! They apparently use this Dexcool in several other GM vehicles, too.

Skip Towne
04-28-2006, 07:52 AM
that's a gem right there

If you like strange, Phobia's your man.

Bwana
04-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Indeed................My wife just had to have a Grand AM back when I was in the car business. :shake: I kept telling her that they "had issues" but I got tired of hearing about it so I bought one for her. Sure as heck, one problem after another. It had a 3/36 so most of the problems were covered on the dealers dime, but the down time was unreal. the pile was always in the shop. I made her keep it for two years just to drive home the message that listening to Bwana when it comes to cars is a good thing. Heh, she wanted to unload it 3 months after I got it. ROFL I got her an Accord after that and we didn't have one of problem with it. The last thing I got her was a loaded Toyota Rav which has also had zero issues. I am in the camp of people that thinks the Pontiacs are piles of crap. The majority of them around here that are bought from the dealership go to the folks on the rez as "rez runners." The indians around here just love them. :shrug:

Phobia
04-28-2006, 04:10 PM
that's a gem right there

It was funny for me as well. I make myself laugh.

Skip Towne
04-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Indeed................My wife just had to have a Grand AM back when I was in the car business. :shake: I kept telling her that they "had issues" but I got tired of hearing about it so I bought one for her. Sure as heck, one problem after another. It had a 3/36 so most of the problems were covered on the dealers dime, but the down time was unreal. the pile was always in the shop. I made her keep it for two years just to drive home the message that listening to Bwana when it comes to cars is a good thing. Heh, she wanted to unload it 3 months after I got it. ROFL I got her an Accord after that and we didn't have one of problem with it. The last thing I got her was a loaded Toyota Rav which has also had zero issues. I am in the camp of people that thinks the Pontiacs are piles of crap. The majority of them around here that are bought from the dealership go to the folks on the rez as "rez runners." The indians around here just love them. :shrug:What kind of Indians do you have there? We have Cherokee and Osage in my immediate area.

DomerNKC
04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
haha so your saying every other car maker has no problems... righttoyota made loads of money last year...how about gm?

DomerNKC
04-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Dude, I love you like a brother....oh wait, you are my brother....but Toyota coined the phrase "sludge engine". You know, engines that create a sludge in the oil...that blows the engine. Happens even IF you changed your oil every 3k miles. GM DID NOT coin that phrase. Toyota has a great PR firm, because the public doesn't know about this. Toyota service departments do.i guess gm only can be credited with the phrase "total piece of crap". i stand corrected.

DomerNKC
04-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Chevy is reinventing itself. The Camaro WILL have a SS with the Z06 engine, not to mention the Blue Devil.,hey, is the reinventing going to be before or if they make it out of bankruptcy?

58-4ever
04-28-2006, 10:27 PM
My GMC Truck just hit a hundred thousand. All I've had to do is replace the water pump so far (besides general maitenance). Although, I think the Pontiac brand has always been a piece of shit. And the government will step in long before GM goes broke.