PDA

View Full Version : Any footballers wanna play in the rain this weekend? Sunday 1pm Raytown South High...

wutamess
04-27-2006, 07:50 PM
MODS: please sticky this.

Since my softball games will more than likely be cancelled because of the rain this weekend and this week is draft weekend... I was wondering who'd be interested in playing some football this Sunday.

High 60 degrees with 40% chance of rain.
Might be fun to play in the mud.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 07:51 PM
I'd be there but I'm covering the draft at Arrowhead Sunday. Sorry.

rad
04-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I'd be there but I'm covering the draft at Arrowhead Sunday. Sorry.
You a reporter or something?

wutamess
04-27-2006, 07:54 PM
fuggin pansy.

wutamess
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Nope... when he says "covering the draft" he actually means, guard the beer.

rad
04-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Nope... when he says "covering the draft" he actually means, gaurd the beer.

ROFL

Dunit35
04-27-2006, 07:56 PM
You know me...the next time I'm in KC (sometime this summer I hope) we will get a game going.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 07:58 PM

I'm a wannabe. I used to help run this site. Now I work for Warpaint (http://chiefs.scout.com). I write from a fan's perspective. I don't pretend to be an actual reporter. My first column (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/486376.html) is a pretty good example of what I'm trying to do.

Dunit35
04-27-2006, 08:04 PM
At halftime, Chiefs sponsor Sheridan's Custard provided custard to the press. After Star columnist Jason Whitlock held up the line for nearly the entire half, I took what few crumbs remained back to my seat and enjoyed the Chiefs trouncing of the Bengals. I surely wish that same team had traveled to Ralph Wilson Stadium to play the Buffalo Bills in early October.

I don't know if I am allowed to copy and paste from your column Phob, but I had too. The line with Jason Whitlock is hilarious.

wutamess
04-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Speaking of which Phob,

You have to do a detailed account article of what actually goes on behind the scens at the draft party just like your first article.

Oh yeah... don't forget to have gochiefs edit it for you again.

Nothing like seeing potential turn to shit.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I don't know if I am allowed to copy and paste from your column Phob, but I had too. The line with Jason Whitlock is hilarious.

No problem. Thanks. That story is actually a fabrication, but the first time I met Jason is an even better story.... plus I have a reliable witness - Bob Dole.

So we're at a charity event hosted by Deron Cherry when we see Jason Whitlock meandering about. We approach to introduce ourselves and pimp our own pet charity. Jason is two fisting ice-cream bars. No lie. He has chunks of ice-cream running down the front of his shirt. But, he had a delightful sense of humor about the whole thing. He felt like a longtime friend after only a few moments of conversation. Later that evening I took him a plate of vegetables as a joke. He did not eat them.

I've always liked JW. He has a great sense of humor.

rad
04-27-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm a wannabe. I used to help run this site. Now I work for Warpaint (http://chiefs.scout.com). I write from a fan's perspective. I don't pretend to be an actual reporter. My first column (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/486376.html) is a pretty good example of what I'm trying to do.

Wow, good read, man. You gotta start somewhere,right?

I hope it all works out well for you.

Dunit35
04-27-2006, 08:16 PM

You're just trying to get in Phobs pants. Trust me man, I tried. Have fun trying to get through that forcefield. I even dressed like Johnny Depp and that didn't work.

rad
04-27-2006, 08:18 PM
You're just trying to get in Phobs pants. Trust me man, I tried. Have fun trying to get through that forcefield. I even dressed like Johnny Depp and that didn't work.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Phobia
04-27-2006, 08:20 PM

Johnny Depp in a pirate costume makes me feel a little Randy.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 08:21 PM

Thanks, rad. I hope it all works out well for me too. Which means I'll probably crash and burn. I have an issue of poor timing and horrible luck.

Dunit35
04-27-2006, 08:21 PM

That's what I was trying to say but I believe I didn't know how to spell Carribeann.

CHENZ A!
04-27-2006, 08:24 PM
No problem. Thanks. That story is actually a fabrication, but the first time I met Jason is an even better story.... plus I have a reliable witness - Bob Dole.

So we're at a charity event hosted by Deron Cherry when we see Jason Whitlock meandering about. We approach to introduce ourselves and pimp our own pet charity. Jason is two fisting ice-cream bars. No lie. He has chunks of ice-cream running down the front of his shirt. But, he had a delightful sense of humor about the whole thing. He felt like a longtime friend after only a few moments of conversation. Later that evening I took him a plate of vegetables as a joke. He did not eat them.

I've always liked JW. He has a great sense of humor.

I met Whitlock twice, and it was like 2 different people. At the Nelly concert at the Uptown, he was very rude, but then I saw him again at a bar in Lawrence after the KU K State game last yr, and I told my boy I was going to go f with him because he was a dick the first time I met him, and he was real nice.

I used to really enjoy his articles, but I don't think they've been as good lately. Also the whole Marcus Spears thing really turned me off to reading him.

Phobia
04-27-2006, 08:27 PM
I met Whitlock twice, and it was like 2 different people. At the Nelly concert at the Uptown, he was very rude, but then I saw him again at a bar in Lawrence after the KU K State game last yr, and I told my boy I was going to go f with him because he was a dick the first time I met him, and he was real nice.

I used to really enjoy his articles, but I don't think they've been as good lately. Also the whole Marcus Spears thing really turned me off to reading him.

Yeah, I've experienced that too. I was not a fan of the Marcus Spears outing either. That was a really crappy thing to do to somebody you claim to be friends with.

Dave Lane
04-28-2006, 12:52 PM
If you need an extra one I'd give it a try even in the rain though next weekend would be great for me...

Dave

wutamess
04-28-2006, 01:21 PM
ight not get enough interest on this football related weekend. I don't know if you've noticed or not but we have a bunch of old lazy farts on this board.

cookster50
04-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Ahh, I see you named your pecker Randy. Nice.

Dave Lane
04-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Well maybe next weekend. Also we might try Gillham Park for the game its nice area and a little more centrally located.

Dave

Rain Man
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I love playing football in bad weather. That's when the game is at its finest.

For some reason, whenever I think of a mud game, I think of this old picture of Cleveland offensive lineman Doug Dieken, where's he's standing between plays resting, and he's got an all-white uniform that's completely covered in mud. Anyone else know that picture? I can't find it on the web.

Skip Towne
04-28-2006, 04:04 PM
ight not get enough interest on this football related weekend. I don't know if you've noticed or not but we have a bunch of old lazy farts on this board.
Where?

Valiant
04-28-2006, 07:13 PM
I will play if we have enough players...