PDA

View Full Version : Are Chief fans scared that the Raiders might draft Vince Young?

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 07:20 AM
I heard a Raiderfan on the DA Show this morning going on about how the prospect of the Raiders drafting Young had Chief fans shaking in their boots...

Personally, I could think of a worse thing for Vince Young and the prospect doesn't scare me at all. The kid is going to need serious work in order to develop into a real threat at the NFL level. If he went to Denver with Shanahan, I'd be scared. As it is, it's the fuggin Raiders. If anybody can find a way to ruin him, they will.

jspchief
04-28-2006, 07:22 AM
At best he's a project.

And the Raiders are not the type of organization to successfully build a project.

I relish the thought of them drafting him.

FAX
04-28-2006, 07:23 AM
No fear whatsoever, Mr. htismaqe.

It is disquieting, however, to realize that Vince will sign his contract with an "X".

FAX

StcChief
04-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Why ??? so he can be the next Cordell 'slash' Stewart

Skip Towne
04-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Ridiculous

JBucc
04-28-2006, 07:25 AM
The Raiders will destroy whatever talent he might have and completely screw up his brain so not other team can save him.

Brock
04-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Sheeit. I hope they're dumb enough to do just that.

But the fact is, Davis has been quoted as liking Young, so there's no way that actually happens.

ExtremeChief
04-28-2006, 07:29 AM
I heard a Raiderfan on the DA Show this morning going on about how the prospect of the Raiders drafting Young had Chief fans shaking in their boots...

Personally, I could think of a worse thing for Vince Young and the prospect doesn't scare me at all. The kid is going to need serious work in order to develop into a real threat at the NFL level. If he went to Denver with Shanahan, I'd be scared. As it is, it's the fuggin Raiders. If anybody can find a way to ruin him, they will.

He'd be perfect in Denver's roll outs and misdirection offense. I really don't see how he could make an immediate impact with the Raiders at all.

Eleazar
04-28-2006, 07:29 AM
I'm kind of hopeful that they pick him.

Deberg_1990
04-28-2006, 07:33 AM
IM not scared, although i do like Young and hope hes there when the Chiefs draft. What scares me more is them drafting Leinert.

sedated
04-28-2006, 07:33 AM
I would love for them to get VYoung.

Young will be a bust. The next Akili Smith.

My worst fear is that Tennessee gets Young and Leinart falls to Oakland.

greg63
04-28-2006, 07:34 AM
No I am not scared; call me complacent and apathetic, but I feel that my concern is best focused on other matters.

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2006, 07:39 AM
No, but I'd rather them get Leinert than Young.

jspchief
04-28-2006, 07:40 AM

My worst fear is that Tennessee gets Young and Leinart falls to Oakland.Leinhart in Oakland doesn't scare me either.

I think that guy's on a bad path, and the closer to LA he his, the quicker his pro career is going to falter. He's already lived the movie star life too much, and I just don't think he'll have the drive to be a great QB.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Am I correct in saying he's never taken a snap from under center? Eventually he could be a monster... in the next few years... I seriously doubt it. He's needs to be drafted by someone who has a starting QB in place so he can learn.

Go get him raiders.

Boon
04-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Are Chief fans scared that the Raiders might draft Vince Young?

The Chiefs trading for Lelie scares me more!

Old Dog
04-28-2006, 07:47 AM
I think Young will be one of the biggest busts of this draft class. The only thing that scares me is that there are some Chiefs fans that want him.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2006, 07:48 AM
"Scared" is too strong; but I'm concerned. I think Young is gonna do very well as a Pro; and that would mean many long days for the Chiefs against the Faders....

I hope I'm wrong.

Sully
04-28-2006, 07:58 AM
The only person it would scare me if they drafted would be Huff. Otherwise, let them ruin whichever offensive talent they want.

Dunit35
04-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Am I correct in saying he's never taken a snap from under center? Eventually he could be a monster... in the next few years... I seriously doubt it. He's needs to be drafted by someone who has a starting QB in place so he can learn.

Go get him raiders.

H'es taken snaps from under center before and it's horrible. He reads one man and doesn't read the entire field. He got sacked on the play I watched.

Frosty
04-28-2006, 08:15 AM

This is exactly how I feel too.

To be honest, I'm more worried about Andrew Walter in Oakland. I think he will end up being a very good QB. Drafting Young would probably eventually push Walter out.

Frosty
04-28-2006, 08:19 AM
The only person it would scare me if they drafted would be Huff. Otherwise, let them ruin whichever offensive talent they want.

I really, really do not want them to draft Vernon Davis.

JBucc
04-28-2006, 08:20 AM
I really, really do not want them to draft Vernon Davis.I agree. Another elite TE against our D twice a year could be very bad.

Dunit35
04-28-2006, 08:25 AM
I agree. An average TE against our D twice a year could be very bad.

There I fixed it for ya.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Most think Vernon Davis won't get past the 49ers and I agree.

the Talking Can
04-28-2006, 08:28 AM
I am.

Young is going to be a good QB...eventually.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 08:31 AM
The Raiders really need a QB, so I think it's a good direction for them. However, I think it's good news, because most QBs take some time to develop.

cdcox
04-28-2006, 08:33 AM
I don't think he has the smarts to manage an NFL game. Like speed and arm strength, having a head for the game is not something that can be taught.

Spicy McHaggis
04-28-2006, 12:59 PM

Ugh, keep that kid out of our division please.

ChiefsCountry
04-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Titans will take Young so the point will be moot.

buddha
04-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Young is the project of all projects. When is the last time a Raiders project worked out...especially at QB?

A: Never.

I can just hear it now..."Go VERTICAL, Vince...go VERTICAL!"

Who knows...that stupid old bastard probably thinks he's drafting Vince Evans!???

Bowser
04-28-2006, 01:39 PM
The fact being that the Raiders could **** up a wet dream makes me not worry about Vince Young going there. Actually, the only thing that could be better than the Raiders drafting Vince Young is for the Raiders to trade up to draft Vince Young.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 01:48 PM
I fear Young's natural talent and athleticism.

I don't really fear an Oakland-developed raw QB who -- unlike a guy such as Leinart who has pro style experience -- will need to learn everything from scratch from some guy who was unemployed 4 months ago.

I can't even remember the bum offensive co-ordinators name.

Logical
04-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Hell I pray the Raiders draft Vince Young.:grovel:

el borracho
04-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Depends whether or not Hicks is still our DE.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2006, 09:12 PM
I want the raiders to draft young ... sounds like a perfect situation FOR US.

young needs to be developed and handled correctly... he needs to be in a certain kind of offense.

the faiders will destroy him ROFL ... then we won't have to worry about vince young anymore ... he might push the faiders into last place for another 5 years or so.