PDA

View Full Version : Big Lakers Game Tonight

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 11:02 AM
7:30 PST on TNT

I know there are lots of Kobe fans here at CP so I just thought I would post this and give you all a heads up.

chagrin
04-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Kobe lied, people died

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh, I thought the game was 9:30.

You mean your time?

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Kobe lied, people died
ROFL

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Oh, I thought the game was 9:30.

You mean your time?

It says EST

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2006, 11:09 AM
It says EST

k, cool. That dunk on Nash was sweet the last game. Even the players on the Suns bench leaned back.

MVChiefFan
04-28-2006, 11:12 AM
I've always been a huge Suns fan so I will be rooting against Kobe and the 'Fakers'! :)

SBK
04-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Go Suns. I don't like the Suns either.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2006, 11:13 AM
I went to the website and it says 10:30 EST.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Because if that were true, it would on at like 5:30 your time, BD.

StcChief
04-28-2006, 11:16 AM
10:30 EST makes the most sense.... 7:30 PST.

otherwise the game starting at 4:30 PST unlikely on a Friday

shakesthecat
04-28-2006, 11:16 AM
k, cool. That dunk on Nash was sweet the last game. Even the players on the Suns bench leaned back.

It was a nice dunk and all, but c'mon....it was Steve Nash.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2006, 11:17 AM
It was a nice dunk and all, but c'mon....it was Steve Nash.
It wasn't really the fact that it was on Nash, but where he jumped from.

Katipan
04-28-2006, 11:21 AM
It wasn't like Nash got punked. I would have knocked him down. It was just a beautiful ****ing dunk.

Go Suns.

Megbert
04-28-2006, 11:22 AM
it was a charge. Kevin Harlan said so. Or maybe it was the other guy.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-28-2006, 11:23 AM
it was a charge.
i agree

BIG_DADDY

That was a very nice dunk. They need to stay physical with Nash.

Megbert
Oh yeah GO SUNS!

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 11:25 AM
it was a charge. Kevin Harlan said so. Or maybe it was the other guy.

Any time Nash is willing to stand there they need to go over him or through him. I still think the pressure is on the Lakers to win this next game.

Dunit35
04-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Go Lakers!!!!

I've been a Lakers fan for years.

kcxiv
04-28-2006, 12:53 PM
GO LAKERS!!!!

Suns are sweating it, team averaging 109 points a game, havent been able to break 100 gainst the Lakers Defense. Cant freaking wait.

Amnorix
04-28-2006, 12:59 PM
I hate the Lakers only slightly less than the Dolphins, Raiders and Yankees...

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 01:09 PM
I hate the Lakers only slightly less than the Dolphins, Raiders and Yankees...

I can only imagine the inner conflict you must be going through seeing you are such a huge Kobe Bryant fan and all.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 01:10 PM
GO LAKERS!!!!

Suns are sweating it, team averaging 109 points a game, havent been able to break 100 gainst the Lakers Defense. Cant freaking wait.

Phil has them ready. Still hoping we see and all LA next round.

fan4ever
04-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Shawn Marion needs to come out of his sleep walk, or the Lakers win game 3. A lot of whistles will be going the Lakers way this game...

I think the team I want to see lose is San Antonio because of Horry and that flopping bitch Ginobli. Hate that crap. I'd love to see a rule change where a foul could be given to someone caught flopping.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 01:44 PM
The Suns can win (comfortably, at that) without Marion if their role players were to step up and hit shots like they did all season.

Diaw, Bell, House.... they need to start playing like NBA-caliber players.

Another thing that'd work is just going back to Suns basketball. Let Kobe score 50 and stop paying so much attention to him. It's why they're not scoring as much and getting the easy transition buckets and it's why guys like Kwame Brown and Luke freaking Walton are having a huge impact in the series.

Blitz
04-28-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm hoping for the Suns to win this game and with the Lakers responding in Game 4. I want this series to go 7 games, into double-triple overtime and down to the final shot by either Steve Nash (for Suns) or Kobe (For Lakers). Hopefully we see dominant Kobe show up and drop 50+ on the Suns. Believe that!!!

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 01:51 PM
The Suns can win (comfortably, at that) without Marion if their role players were to step up and hit shots like they did all season.

Another thing that'd work is just going back to Suns basketball. Let Kobe score 50 and stop paying so much attention to him. It's why they're not scoring as much and getting the easy transition buckets and it's why guys like Kwame Brown and Luke freaking Walton are having a huge impact in the series.

I think Marion playing better is very important for the Suns. Shooting teams rarely go anywhere ion the playoffs that's why I bet the +300 odds that were out there for a Lakers win.

bogie
04-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Yea, I'm wondering which Kobe will show up tonight. I hope he lights it up. What happened to the Clippers, they sucked last night.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 01:52 PM
That's hella wierd how come everything came out bold?

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Yea, I'm wondering which Kobe will show up tonight. I hope he lights it up. What happened to the Clippers, they sucked last night.

That game was very hard to watch.

fan4ever
04-28-2006, 01:53 PM

I agree with letting Kobe have his while they get theirs, but Marion has been a night in, night out contributor and these first two games he's down about 10 points and he's nowhere near the bucket. I noticed that even on the rebounds, the Suns seemed content with just trotting the ball back up court instead of taking off like they usually do. Keep watching Shawn and see what you think; he kind of disappeared last year too. Love the guy; hope he has a better series from now on; if he doesn't it won't be pretty.

bogie
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
That game was very hard to watch.

Yes it was.

sedated
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
F*ck the Lakers, and all the pretensiousness that rises from LA and corrupts the rest of the country

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 01:59 PM
F*ck the Lakers, and all the pretensiousness that rises from LA and corrupts the rest of the country

But all the best hybrid clones are coming out of here. I thought you would be excited about that?

kcxiv
04-28-2006, 02:31 PM
i hope its the kobe of the previous 2 games.

Logical
04-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Phil has them ready. Still hoping we see and all LA next round.

That would be fun. I am not happy with "Kobe's" team but I will always be a Lakers fan.

bogie
04-28-2006, 02:41 PM
i hope its the kobe of the previous 2 games.

He seemed off the first game. It seemed like he couldn't get into his groove. I'm hoping he's hits better tonight than the first game.

bogie
04-28-2006, 02:43 PM
That would be fun. I am not happy with "Kobe's" team but I will always be a Lakers fan.

I completely agree.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 02:46 PM

They will be back. Phil has done a great job developing the team this year. We also gain a lot of salary back over the next 2 years.

sedated
04-28-2006, 02:48 PM
But all the best hybrid clones are coming out of here. I thought you would be excited about that?

did you fart into a wine glass after making that statement?

kcxiv
04-28-2006, 02:50 PM
He seemed off the first game. It seemed like he couldn't get into his groove. I'm hoping he's hits better tonight than the first game.
His Shooting was off, but the rest of his game wasnt. He just needs to keep doing what he did in the first 2 games. Suns have NOTHINg inside. Feed it to Brown and Lamar and they will win game 3.

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 02:52 PM
did you fart into a wine glass after making that statement?

Come on dude that new killer ass purp that came out recently is out of here. :bong:

That's gotta excite you. :drool:

BIG_DADDY
04-28-2006, 02:53 PM
His Shooting was off, but the rest of his game wasnt. He just needs to keep doing what he did in the first 2 games. Suns have NOTHINg inside. Feed it to Brown and Lamar and they will win game 3.

I agree. Stay physical on both ends of the court and protect that ball.

bogie
04-28-2006, 03:14 PM

Yea, I meant his shooting. Lamar has really stepped it up, so has Brown. They're actually starting to look like a team.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 09:32 AM
I hope the Lakers close out tonight. I don't them breathing any life back into these scrappy Suns.

Psyko Tek
05-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Jackson has done the impossible this series

not only has he shut down the sun's offense he shut down kobe

the suns ain't dealing with the LA offense and can't get their collective sh!t together on the other end

I do not see happy times in the Valley of the Sun this week

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Jackson has done the impossible this series

not only has he shut down the sun's offense he shut down kobe

the suns ain't dealing with the LA offense and can't get their collective sh!t together on the other end

I do not see happy times in the Valley of the Sun this week

I think the Suns were as physical as they can be in the last game. The Lakers need to continue pounding it inside and and being very physical on D and they should be able to close this out tonight. Payout was good for the game tonight as well. The last time I looked it was +265.

vailpass
05-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Suns had a nice regular season when everyone plays them at half speed but it is now abundantly clear exactly what they are without Stoudamire.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Suns had a nice regular season when everyone plays them at half speed but it is now abundantly clear exactly what they are without Stoudamire.

So in your mind this has been more about the Suns imploding that the Lakers stepping up?

I am still hoping the Lakers end up with Garnett after this season or next. They have a ton of salary freeing up over the next two years.

vailpass
05-02-2006, 01:13 PM
So in your mind this has been more about the Suns imploding that the Lakers stepping up?

I am still hoping the Lakers end up with Garnett after this season or next. They have a ton of salary freeing up over the next two years.

Not at all. I think this is Phil's finest coaching season EVER.

PunkinDrublic
05-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm stoked the Mavs swept Memphis. All we have to do is rest up while San Antonio and the Queens beat each other up. I really think that if the Mavs can just get past the boot accessories we can get to the finals.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm stoked the Mavs swept Memphis. All we have to do is rest up while San Antonio and the Queens beat each other up. I really think that if the Mavs can just get past the boot accessories we can get to the finals.

They dominated that series, it was inpressive. Dallas is 2/1 to win the west right now.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Not at all. I think this is Phil's finest coaching season EVER.

Phil is one hell of a coach. I don't know how many times he has to prove it.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 02:23 PM
This one is for Zach who said Nash was totally fouled on the steal. This is coming directly from Nash.

The Suns playmaker, bothered by a stiff back late in the game, acknowledged that he slipped on the first turnover and lost control of the ball. The second one, though, was a different story.

"The second one there was definitely some contact, but that's here nor there," Nash said.

http://sports.iwon.com/news/05012006/v9841.html?PG=home&SEC=news

shakesthecat
05-02-2006, 02:27 PM

Buss won't pay the luxury tax for Garnett, let alone his ridiculous salary.

Phil was slobbering all over Chris Bosh a few months back. He's nearly as good, and would be much more affordable.

vailpass
05-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Phil is one hell of a coach. I don't know how many times he has to prove it.

To a very large number of observers this is the first time Phil has proved it.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Buss won't pay the luxury tax for Garnett, let alone his ridiculous salary.

Phil was slobbering all over Chris Bosh a few months back. He's nearly as good, and would be much more affordable.

They got Shaq signed and still stayed under the cap. :shrug:

shakesthecat
05-02-2006, 02:36 PM
They got Shaq signed and still stayed under the cap. :shrug:

They'd better consult Pat Bowlen if that want to get Garnett signed under the cap.

Garnett is getting too old to spend that kind of jack on, IMO.

But you're right. LA will have some cash to spend in the next couple years. With Kobe showing he can be a team player, it shouldn't be hard to lure some talent.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 03:05 PM
They'd better consult Pat Bowlen if that want to get Garnett signed under the cap.

Garnett is getting too old to spend that kind of jack on, IMO.

But you're right. LA will have some cash to spend in the next couple years. With Kobe showing he can be a team player, it shouldn't be hard to lure some talent.

Just about everyone wants to be a Laker. This team has huge upside potential. All the Laker haters better get used to seeing them again. They are going to be around for awhile.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Go Clippers.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Go Clippers.

Clippers, I thought you were a Suns fan?

tk13
05-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Lakers-Clippers might be the one 2nd round series that could steal some thunder from Spurs/Mavs. You wanna talk about angry little brother syndrome... a chance for the Clips to get back at the Lakers after all these years, that'll be fun to watch.

PunkinDrublic
05-02-2006, 04:00 PM
They dominated that series, it was inpressive. Dallas is 2/1 to win the west right now.

I think we were lucky to have drawn Memphis in the first round. I think most teams in the playoffs would have swept them. Even though the boot accessories are struggling to beat the queens they are still the team to beat.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Lakers-Clippers might be the one 2nd round series that could steal some thunder from Spurs/Mavs. You wanna talk about angry little brother syndrome... a chance for the Clips to get back at the Lakers after all these years, that'll be fun to watch.

That has the potential to be a great series. Still gotta finish off the Suns though.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I think we were lucky to have drawn Memphis in the first round. I think most teams in the playoffs would have swept them. Even though the boot accessories are struggling to beat the queens they are still the team to beat.

Until somebody proves otherwise I agree.

Psyko Tek
05-02-2006, 11:43 PM
yeah suns

we finally played OUR game
not theirs

god I'm gonna be in PHX saturday if it hit's game 7 me and my boys are goin'

CHENZ A!
05-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Kobe is a bitch. He got called out, and smiled like it was no big deal, then proceeded to still let his team lose horribly. Kobe will NEVER win without Shaq.

KcMizzou
05-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Lakers-Clippers might be the one 2nd round series that could steal some thunder from Spurs/Mavs. You wanna talk about angry little brother syndrome... a chance for the Clips to get back at the Lakers after all these years, that'll be fun to watch.I'm not much of an NBA fan, but I'd LOVE to see the Clippers take out the Lakers.

chagrin
05-03-2006, 10:49 AM
So umm, Big Daddy - Is is required that Lakers players rape chicks to stay on the active roster or what?

:p

giggitty!

The Bad Guy
05-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Kobe is a bitch. He got called out, and smiled like it was no big deal, then proceeded to still let his team lose horribly. Kobe will NEVER win without Shaq.

Yes, Kobe let them lose. It was his will to have Kwame Brown miss chip shots. It's all his fault.

What did you want him to do? Punch him? Kick him? What?

I guess where you come from, getting called out if close-lined.

What does Kobe Bryant have to prove to Raja Bell?

How many championships has Snaq won without Kobe?

I actually think you are a bitch. Shaq has an all-star team around him and he is barely beating the Bulls.

Kobe has 6 role players around him and they are up 3-2 heading home against a 2 seed.

Keep on trying to find new things to hate on Kobe for.

chagrin
05-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Kwamae was just in a hurry, he had a biatch to go harrass

vailpass
05-03-2006, 11:03 AM
So umm, Big Daddy - Is is required that Lakers players rape chicks to stay on the active roster or what?

:p

giggitty!

Only if their initials are KB.

(Just funnin' BD don't get worked up)

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Clippers, I thought you were a Suns fan?
Not really a fan of any specific team. Detroit would be my fav probably. I've always like Billups and Rip and Big Ben. Even kinda like Rasheed. Other than that I root for teams that have former KU players and I'm rooting for the Clippers because they've been so bad for so long.

I can't root for the Lakers no matter what though... sorry. They've had their glory. I've give 'em credit though... they're playing a hell of a series and Kobe is to be commended on his unselfish play.

chagrin
05-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Only if their initials are KB.

(Just funnin' BD don't get worked up)

No, there's another culprit (allegedly)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2430850

Big Daddy knows I'm picking, but the story is out there for real.

vailpass
05-03-2006, 11:16 AM
No, there's another culprit (allegedly)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2430850

Big Daddy knows I'm picking, but the story is out there for real.
In addition to Kwame Brown??

BIG_DADDY
05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
yeah suns

we finally played OUR game
not theirs

god I'm gonna be in PHX saturday if it hit's game 7 me and my boys are goin'

Congratulation. Suns played a good game but this is the problem with the Lakers that I was hoping they had resolved. At times they have been inconsistant. They played horribly last night. No hustle, no D and bad shooting. They weren't crashing the boards or being physical at all. They looked like a bunch of reluctant 6th graders doing laps around the football field in PE class when they were getting back down court. They had been running the entire series before, I just don't get it. I hope the real Lakers show up next game because I think it will be very hard for them to close out the Suns if they don't.

chagrin
05-03-2006, 11:19 AM
In addition to Kwame Brown??

God I'm a dork sometimes...Frankth and Beanth!!

vailpass
05-03-2006, 11:21 AM
God I'm a dork sometimes...Frankth and Beanth!!
ROFL Well which is it boy: your franks or your beans??
(funniest bathroom scene EVAR111!!!)

chagrin
05-03-2006, 11:22 AM
ROFL Well which is it boy: your franks or your beans??
(funniest bathroom scene EVAR111!!!)

ROFL

I agree, except what's her name should have shown her huge tubes!

vailpass
05-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Congratulation. Suns played a good game but this is the problem with the Lakers that I was hoping they had resolved. At times they have been inconsistant. They played horribly last night. No hustle, no D and bad shooting. They weren't crashing the boards or being physical at all. They looked like a bunch of reluctant 6th graders doing laps around the football field in PE class when they were getting back down court. They had been running the entire series before, I just don't get it. I hope the real Lakers show up next game because I think it will be very hard for them to close out the Suns if they don't.

All the local sports talk guys here in Phoenix this morning don't see any way Raja Bell does not get suspended for game 6. Do you think he should get the boot or should he be given the benefit of the doubt for being frustrated at Kobe going upside his head earlier?

BIG_DADDY
05-03-2006, 11:34 AM
All the local sports talk guys here in Phoenix this morning don't see any way Raja Bell does not get suspended for game 6. Do you think he should get the boot or should he be given the benefit of the doubt for being frustrated at Kobe going upside his head earlier?

I would like to see him play. He is a young kid who made a mistake. That being said I think they will suspend him if not for the clothesline for the right hand that followed it up attempting to slam him head into the floor. No way they let that go IMO.

tk13
05-03-2006, 01:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060502

Bill Simmons has a good column about the Lakers and a possible Clips matchup today.

BIG_DADDY
05-03-2006, 02:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060502

Bill Simmons has a good column about the Lakers and a possible Clips matchup today.

Good post TK. Thanks for sharing.

Psyko Tek
05-03-2006, 05:39 PM
I hope the real Lakers show up next game because I think it will be very hard for them to close out the Suns if they don't.

Dude, those were the real lakers,

that's the way they played all year against the suns

the other was one hell of a coaching job, but shear will can't hold them together forever

now we lost Raja Bell,(stupid foul) for game 6 so Kobe can go showtime bigtime

Psyko Tek
05-03-2006, 05:49 PM
just saw this quote in the az republic

Kobe and Lakers coach Phil Jackson stunned the media by making a plea to Stu Jackson, the NBA's top disciplinarian to spare Bell from suspension. "We want him out there," Jackson said. "We want their full team out there to play. It's the only way to do it. You have to earn what you win."

Khampha Bouaphanh/Associated Press

raised my opinion of the lakers

fan4ever
05-03-2006, 06:15 PM

Kobe and Lakers coach Phil Jackson stunned the media by making a plea to Stu Jackson, the NBA's top disciplinarian to spare Bell from suspension. "We want him out there," Jackson said. "We want their full team out there to play. It's the only way to do it. You have to earn what you win."

Yeah, I bet they want Stoudemire out there too. What a crock.

fan4ever
05-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Bell out for Thursday's game. Read what he has to say about Kobe. Hopefully this link works.

http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/clicktrack/email.php/5010574

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2006, 02:14 PM

It's amazing. They are fighting to keep him in the series and he has nothing but shit to talk about Kobe. Barkley was talking after the game when they showed the flop by Bell. They said if you looked close the elbow move didn't land either but I couldn't tell. I know in the interview afterwords he didn't have a mark on on him. It was a stupid foul and now he is acting completely immature about it. It just may have cost his team the series too. I would be pissed as a MO if I was on his team and they lose the next game. I do wish he was playing though and hadn't been suspended. Phil and Kobe are exactly right when it comes to winning the right way.

GO LAKERS!!!!

BIG_DADDY
05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Lakers are going to take it tonight. I'm taking the night off of Jiu-Jitsu to watch the game and celebrate. I got the Makers Mark and Cuban Monte Cristos ready to go. Leaving here in a few minutes to get some of those chicken wings that are addictive like crack cocain. NICE!!!

I think I will have to flip back and forth to catch some of tha Ultimate Fighter as well. Shamrock's guys look like they are not going to win a single fight. ROFL

Miles
05-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Going into OT. This has been a great game.

Jmart
05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Lakers are toast

Al Czervik
05-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Kobe playing the blame game on Devon George.

Bryant is a whiney biotch.......

Great game by the Suns, especially Nash.....

Jmart
05-04-2006, 11:45 PM
I think they were looking ahead to the Clippers. BWAAHAHAHA

The Bad Guy
05-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Kobe playing the blame game on Devon George.

Bryant is a whiney biotch.......

Great game by the Suns, especially Nash.....

Do you understand the concept of basketball? It's a real smart move to leave the guy who hit the 3-point tying basket in OT to double when Kobe was already going to double. But, I wouldn't expect Kobe haters to understand basketball.

It's a pretty simple concept. Would you call Trent Green a whining bitch if he got mad at Kennison for running the wrong route? Of course you wouldn't. But since it's Kobe, though, it's whining. A captain of a team telling someone that they were doubling before the time out, but then George doubles, and Kobe is whining because George screwed up.

It's comical really.

Al Czervik
05-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Agreed....

I really want to see the Lakers choke this series....

Cant stand, in order:

Bryant
Brown
Walton
Odom
Dude from Gonzaga
That little foreigner Villigina (sp)?

The Bad Guy
05-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Agreed....

I really want to see the Lakers choke this series....

Cant stand, in order:

Bryant
Brown
Walton
Odom
Dude from Gonzaga
That little foreigner Villigina (sp)?

No one gives a ****.

Al Czervik
05-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Bad Guy,

Lighten up man......

I dont give a damn who makes the mistake....
Its how you handle it that defines the player....

Kobe is a crybaby, always has been, always will be....

And any defending of this clowns teamwork or character is comical...

Al Czervik
05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
No one gives a ****.

Then why are you responding??

The Bad Guy
05-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Bad Guy,

Lighten up man......

I dont give a damn who makes the mistake....
Its how you handle it that defines the player....

Kobe is a crybaby, always has been, always will be....

And any defending of this clowns teamwork or character is comical...
Again, you're generalizing.

Because Kobe was talking to George and the cameras picked it up he's "whining".

What did you want him to do? Not talk about it? You're right. He should have said nothing and had it happen again. As a captain, he should just sit there and let them pick and roll to death.

Of course you give a damn who makes the mistake. It's all about Kobe for the Kobe haters. If Kobe left Tim Thomas, it would have been his fault and you would have posted about it.

When exactly did he cry? If you want to call Kobe a lot of things, fine, but when did he become a crybaby? Typcially, Vlade Divac has been a crybaby when he played. Kobe isn't close to crybaby status, but you obviously need something to hate him so ride with it.

I'll defend how he's played this year. Kobe has his faults, but what does missing an assignment have to do with his character?

Keep reaching, Kobe hater. Maybe one day, one of the reasons you hate him will become valid.

The Bad Guy
05-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Then why are you responding??

Because I'm bored.

I could care less the order of your hatred for Laker players.

The fact that you would sit there and debate such order shows that you're far more bored than I am.

fan4ever
05-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Lakers are going to take it tonight. I'm taking the night off of Jiu-Jitsu to watch the game and celebrate. I got the Makers Mark and Cuban Monte Cristos ready to go. Leaving here in a few minutes to get some of those chicken wings that are addictive like crack cocain. NICE!!!

I think I will have to flip back and forth to catch some of tha Ultimate Fighter as well. Shamrock's guys look like they are not going to win a single fight. ROFL

Did you shoot Makers Mark out your nose when Tim Thomas tied up the game with his 3 pointer? Laker's still alive and kicking, but you could very possibly be watching one of the biggest folds in Laker history . . . oh, wait, they did this about thirteen years ago against the Suns when we had Barkley. Nevermind.

fan4ever
05-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Kobe is a great, great basketball player who is very much like Bell described; an arrogant person. That persona is evident whenever a call goes against him or a team mate screws up. If Kobe had a less repulsive personality, he'd have been MVP. I know MVP is not a popularity contest, but human beings are human beings, and it's hard to vote for a guy who thinks he's above everyone else on both a professional and personal level. Most Kobe defenders think others hate Kobe because he's a great ball player. Truth is the only reason they like him is because he's a great ball player othewise they wouldn't waste a minute defending the guys on court personna or his off court embarrassments.

Let me know the next time you see Nash go up and bitch out a team mate for messing up.

vailpass
05-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Kobe is a great, great basketball player who is very much like Bell described; an arrogant person. That persona is evident whenever a call goes against him or a team mate screws up. If Kobe had a less repulsive personality, he'd have been MVP. I know MVP is not a popularity contest, but human beings are human beings, and it's hard to vote for a guy who thinks he's above everyone else on both a professional and personal level. Most Kobe defenders think others hate Kobe because he's a great ball player. Truth is the only reason they like him is because he's a great ball player othewise they wouldn't waste a minute defending the guys on court personna or his off court embarrassments.

Let me know the next time you see Nash go up and bitch out a team mate for messing up.

Kobe will never be mentioned in the same breat as MJ due to the very reasons you state. I love when the handful of Kobe lovers (nobody but Laker fan) get all self-righteous about Kobe as though there were nothing more to it than his ability to ball, and the fact that he is an unlikable punk ass bitch should just be ignored.

Have fun at home after Saturday Kobe and relish those titles you got with Shaq; they are the last you will ever see.

(sorry BigDaddy no offense meant)

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Did you shoot Makers Mark out your nose when Tim Thomas tied up the game with his 3 pointer? Laker's still alive and kicking, but you could very possibly be watching one of the biggest folds in Laker history . . . oh, wait, they did this about thirteen years ago against the Suns when we had Barkley. Nevermind.

I guess you really gotta reach to find great moments in Suns basketball history to remember that. ROFL

Suns played a great game, I was really impressed. They did a great job of shutting down the passing lanes and causing turnovers. If they go on to win game 7 they certainly will have deserved it. Free throws may very well have cost the Lakers the series.

Biggest folds in Laker history, I don't think so. ROFL This young team was not even supposed to be close to the playoffs. Other than Kobe and George there is zero playoff experience here. This team has done a phenominal job this season and even if they lose the next game I will be more than happy with their performance this season.

Katipan
05-05-2006, 10:09 AM

:clap:

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Kobe will never be mentioned in the same breat as MJ due to the very reasons you state. I love when the handful of Kobe lovers (nobody but Laker fan) get all self-righteous about Kobe as though there were nothing more to it than his ability to ball, and the fact that he is an unlikable punk ass bitch should just be ignored.

Have fun at home after Saturday Kobe and relish those titles you got with Shaq; they are the last you will ever see.

(sorry BigDaddy no offense meant)

They have tons of salary freeing up over the next 2 years. Phil will have this team making a run at another championship a couple years from now. I really don't understand the Kobe hating. He is a great player who has done phenominal things in his career and in this series. I think you will see him retire with no less than 7 NBA titles. BTW there are lots of people who are not Lakers fans that think Kobe is the best player in the game. When the talking heads were reviewing MVP candidates they talked about several coaches of other teams that said exactly that.

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 10:25 AM

You mean kind of like Jordan used to do? ROFL Nash is a great player and easy to like but I wouldn't say the way he goes about running the team should be the model everyone should use. Kobe has been a great team player in these playoffs. He just really wants to win.

fan4ever
05-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I guess you really gotta reach to find great moments in Suns basketball history to remember that. ROFL

Suns played a great game, I was really impressed. They did a great job of shutting down the passing lanes and causing turnovers. If they go on to win game 7 they certainly will have deserved it. Free throws may very well have cost the Lakers the series.

Biggest folds in Laker history, I don't think so. ROFL This young team was not even supposed to be close to the playoffs. Other than Kobe and George there is zero playoff experience here. This team has done a phenominal job this season and even if they lose the next game I will be more than happy with their performance this season.

Yeah, the Suns have a ton of players with playoff experience. I was bringing up the 93 series since you and one of your other Lakers buddies were getting such a kick out of posting ancient photos of Laker players earlier in the week.

True, not the biggest fold by the Lakers because the Suns are the superior team; they've proved it all season, and they're proving it again. I have been very impressed with the Lakers, and certainly their future may be bright, and this series will make even bigger rivals of the two teams, no matter who wins Saturday.

I wouldn't ordinarily give you any crap, but after you're "Makers Mark and Cuban" post, I couldn't resist.

fan4ever
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
You mean kind of like Jordan used to do? ROFL Nash is a great player and easy to like but I wouldn't say the way he goes about running the team should be the model everyone should use. Kobe has been a great team player in these playoffs. He just really wants to win.

Here's a flash; everything Jordan did wasn't smart. Nash isn't the coach and he knows enough to realize bitching out a team mate is just as likely to have a negative effect as a positive one. The coaches are more than willing to point out mistakes to players; Nash lets them do their job.

vailpass
05-05-2006, 11:26 AM
They have tons of salary freeing up over the next 2 years. Phil will have this team making a run at another championship a couple years from now. I really don't understand the Kobe hating. He is a great player who has done phenominal things in his career and in this series. I think you will see him retire with no less than 7 NBA titles. BTW there are lots of people who are not Lakers fans that think Kobe is the best player in the game. When the talking heads were reviewing MVP candidates they talked about several coaches of other teams that said exactly that.

I think you answered your own question: how can Kobe be so good yet be so disliked by such a huge number of fans and not win the MVP?

Answer: A large percentage of fans cannot find it in their heart to root for an athlete,no matter how he excels on the court, if that person is an immature whiny bitch-ass punk who is disliked by even his own team mates. Kobe never grew up and it shows. The kid could have had all the fans in his back pocket had he only grwon up.

You seriously think Kobe is going to win 4 more rings?

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Here's a flash; everything Jordan did wasn't smart. Nash isn't the coach and he knows enough to realize bitching out a team mate is just as likely to have a negative effect as a positive one. The coaches are more than willing to point out mistakes to players; Nash lets them do their job.

I just don't see it as being an issue like you do.

fan4ever
05-05-2006, 11:34 AM

NOBODY in their right mind would even argue Kobe's basketball greatness. One of the Suns own announcers called him "probably the best basketball player on the planet right now" during the game last night. It's how he behaves, on and off the court, that has so created so many critics. For example, rather than handling Bell's ejection by laughing it off, or ignoring it, he brushes off his uniform and walks around wagging his finger. Kobe earns the level of dislike that surrounds him. Why is that hard to understand?

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 11:39 AM
I think you answered your own question: how can Kobe be so good yet be so disliked by such a huge number of fans and not win the MVP?

Answer: A large percentage of fans cannot find it in their heart to root for an athlete,no matter how he excels on the court, if that person is an immature whiny bitch-ass punk who is disliked by even his own team mates. Kobe never grew up and it shows. The kid could have had all the fans in his back pocket had he only grwon up.

You seriously think Kobe is going to win 4 more rings?

Kobe has made some BIG mistakes in the past. Nothing to me was worse than when he threw Shaq under the bus after his little hotel incident. That being said I think if he continues to play the game like he has this series he is going to attract a lot of players that want to be Lakers and play with him. I know he has had players have problems with him in the past but I really haven't seen it this year. IMO Bryant and James are far and away the best players in the NBA.

As far as rings go yes I believe he will get 4 more before it's over. The Lakers organization is a class act from the the bottom to the top. One of the best in the history of sports.They have had all these great years while still remaining under the cap. I am also a big believer in Phil Jackson. Great players love playing for the guy. I think you add all the salary freeing up over the next 2 years to this young team and you are going to see Laker greatness once again very soon. I fully expect another superstar to be arriving in LA at some point in the next 2 years. I am also excited at the potential Bynum could bring to this team, especially working under Kareem.

vailpass
05-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Kobe has made some BIG mistakes in the past. Nothing to me was worse than when he threw Shaq under the bus after his little hotel incident. That being said I think if he continues to play the game like he has this series he is going to attract a lot of players that want to be Lakers and play with him. I know he has had players have problems with him in the past but I really haven't seen it this year. IMO Bryant and James are far and away the best players in the NBA.

As far as rings go yes I believe he will get 4 more before it's over. The Lakers organization is a class act from the the bottom to the top. One of the best in the history of sports.They have had all these great years while still remaining under the cap. I am also a big believer in Phil Jackson. Great players love playing for the guy. I think you add all the salary freeing up over the next 2 years to this young team and you are going to see Laker greatness once again very soon. I fully expect another superstar to be arriving in LA at some point in the next 2 years. I am also excited at the potential Bynum could bring to this team, especially working under Kareem.

I don't argue anything you say here; good points all.

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 11:57 AM
NOBODY in their right mind would even argue Kobe's basketball greatness. One of the Suns own announcers called him "probably the best basketball player on the planet right now" during the game last night. It's how he behaves, on and off the court, that has so created so many critics. For example, rather than handling Bell's ejection by laughing it off, or ignoring it, he brushes off his uniform and walks around wagging his finger. Kobe earns the level of dislike that surrounds him. Why is that hard to understand?

To me that just makes the series more interesting. You have to admit this series is by far the best one going in the NBA right now. I also realize he is arrogant. I think the hate thing just gets taken to ridiculous proportions. Your example is perfect. If another player did that nobody would think anything of it but because it is Kobe it becomes an issue. I thought the rape case was probably the best example of this. As information on that case started coming out it blew me away the amount of people who would discount all the facts in the case and just say he was guilty. Go back and look up some of the old threads on it posted right here at the planet.

BTW I am really looking forward to the Kobe / Bell rematch. I just hope Kobe doesn't let it become a distration.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-05-2006, 12:17 PM
The Lakers chance was last night. The Suns will pull this series out now at home.

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
The Lakers chance was last night. The Suns will pull this series out now at home.

Probably right but that's why they play the game. They are still the Lakers. This series has been awesome. I know this much, anyone who has been watching it will tune in for game 7. I hope it's as exciting as the rest of the series has been.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Probably right but that's why they play the game. They are still the Lakers. This series has been awesome. I know this much, anyone who has been watching it will tune in for game 7. I hope it's as exciting as the rest of the series has been.

Oh yeah. It's been a great series. The whole playoffs this year has been awesome, IMO. I can't wait until the Cavs play tonight. It's awesome to watch Lebron grow in front of your eyes.

fan4ever
05-05-2006, 12:24 PM
To me that just makes the series more interesting. You have to admit this series is by far the best one going in the NBA right now. I also realize he is arrogant. I think the hate thing just gets taken to ridiculous proportions. Your example is perfect. If another player did that nobody would think anything of it but because it is Kobe it becomes an issue. I thought the rape case was probably the best example of this. As information on that case started coming out it blew me away the amount of people who would discount all the facts in the case and just say he was guilty. Go back and look up some of the old threads on it posted right here at the planet.

BTW I am really looking forward to the Kobe / Bell rematch. I just hope Kobe doesn't let it become a distration.

I've never pretended to know what happened as far as the rape case; I know there are a ton of women who try to entrap althlete/celebrities for big payoffs and I was truly skeptical of his guilt. At the very least he was an adulterer and caught doing so. I don't think that made anyone hate him who didn't already; just more fodder for the fire. He is DEFINITELY under a microscope, and for every ten things he does good, he will be focused in on for the one thing he does bad. You're right; there are far worse professional athletes out there who receive a fraction of the blame Kobe does, but I think Kobe's will be continued to be disliked as long as he portrays the image of a guy who's pompous, doesn't care if he's liked or not, and everybody can kiss his ass (ala Pete Rose). If he truly doesn't care, it shouldn't bother him but his fans shouldn't be surprised when other people don't like him.

And it has been one HELL of a series. Even when we were up by nine with under a minute to go, Kobe was still scaring the beejeezus out of me.

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah. It's been a great series. The whole playoffs this year has been awesome, IMO. I can't wait until the Cavs play tonight. It's awesome to watch Lebron grow in front of your eyes.

Lebron is scary. To me if I had the top pick and was building a team he would be my choice followed by Kobe.

jettio
05-05-2006, 08:35 PM
A key play in last night's game was in the OT, when the refs called a completely BS foul on Marion when he stuffed Kobe. On the next play, Kobe immediately tries to throw up a slop shot against a double team and the refs, completely aware that they had just made a horrible call are not about to make another one.

Kobe, ever the crybaby, has the nerve to get demonstrative about the call, even though it was obvious that he was not fouled on either play.

Next thing you know, Suns make the run that seals the game.

That was a great game to watch and to root against a spoiled brat in favor of a team that has tons more class and shows some guts even with many of its players injured.

The Lakers were a class organization with Jerry West, however, Jerry West has left and they are pretty much a bunch of immature punks that molest women that they just met.

How much did Kobe pay that girl that he raped so that she would drop the charges?

Miles
05-05-2006, 08:40 PM
How much did Kobe pay that girl that he raped so that she would drop the charges?

The charges were dropped because she did not want to testify. Not like we will ever know much of what happened but the whole thing looked like a total play to force a civil settlement.

Blitz
05-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Did anybody see that shot by Gilbert Arenas to tie the Wizards/Cavs game? Mercy

If you don't like the shootout between Lebron and Gilbert...you just don't like basketball period.

What an outstanding playoffs we have so far.

Miles
05-05-2006, 09:29 PM

If you don't like the shootout between Lebron and Gilbert...you just don't like basketball period.

Damn I completly forgot that was on while watching the Mets, Braves game.

Psyko Tek
05-05-2006, 10:11 PM
any predictions for tomorrow?

My guess...
Kobe go back to being Kobe tries to beat the suns himself....
and the Suns win

phil jackson gets furious at kobe and trades him to the blazers right before he quits and writes another book about how much of a dick kobe is....

just hope it's as good as last nights game

Miles
05-05-2006, 10:19 PM
any predictions for tomorrow?

My guess...
Kobe go back to being Kobe tries to beat the suns himself....
and the Suns win

phil jackson gets furious at kobe and trades him to the blazers right before he quits and writes another book about how much of a dick kobe is....

just hope it's as good as last nights game

I think it will likely play out like you were saying sans the BS trade stuff.

Im torn between whether i think the game will play out the same as the last or wether the Suns will play to their best and win by 10+ in with no OT.

Pitt Gorilla
05-05-2006, 11:20 PM

They have been great. Cavs vs. Wizards and Suns/Lakers have been intense. LeBron is incredible, and Arenas and Kobe have looked outstanding as well. Great young players.

Psyko Tek
05-05-2006, 11:22 PM
I think it will likely play out like you were saying sans the BS trade stuff.

Im torn between whether i think the game will play out the same as the last or wether the Suns will play to their best and win by 10+ in with no OT.

I'm just hoping Raja Bell get his chance to redeem himself

but you believe the phil jackson part right?

Miles
05-05-2006, 11:35 PM
I'm just hoping Raja Bell get his chance to redeem himself

but you believe the phil jackson part right?

Even though Bell pulled a bit of a cheap shot I have always liked him. He is well spoken and plays hard. I thought that play was very out of character for him.

Eh no dont see the P Jax part. I think he has done an amazing job coaching thus far. Hardly expect him to force Kobe out.

Dunit35
05-06-2006, 12:00 AM
I had a feeling LA was going to lose last night when it went into overtime. I knew they were going to lose when Kobe was putting up a lot of points.

Psyko Tek
05-06-2006, 07:43 PM
the SUNS pwn the lakers

seem to have their game on

if they can get over their usual 3rd qtr bs, and Stevie comes back it's over

be back to eat my crow, or just say YEAH later

Simply Red
05-06-2006, 07:52 PM
A key play in last night's game was in the OT, when the refs called a completely BS foul on Marion when he stuffed Kobe. On the next play, Kobe immediately tries to throw up a slop shot against a double team and the refs, completely aware that they had just made a horrible call are not about to make another one.

Kobe, ever the crybaby, has the nerve to get demonstrative about the call, even though it was obvious that he was not fouled on either play.

Next thing you know, Suns make the run that seals the game.

That was a great game to watch and to root against a spoiled brat in favor of a team that has tons more class and shows some guts even with many of its players injured.

The Lakers were a class organization with Jerry West, however, Jerry West has left and they are pretty much a bunch of immature punks that molest women that they just met.

Funny, This is EXACTLY how I feel.

tk13
05-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Where the heck is Kobe.... this is game 7 man. He should be taking this game over. This is pretty embarrassing. He's giving his critics about 8000 pounds of ammunition playing like this.

Megbert
05-06-2006, 08:31 PM
KobElbow getting his ass handed to him tonite.

Boozer
05-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Where the heck is Kobe.... this is game 7 man. He should be taking this game over. This is pretty embarrassing. He's giving his critics about 8000 pounds of ammunition playing like this.

He's showing why he's such a Valuable Player. Or lack of the same.

tk13
05-06-2006, 08:46 PM
He's showing why he's such a Valuable Player. Or lack of the same.
He's gonna get totally grilled by the press, no doubt. He's gonna finish with 1 point in the 2nd half of a Game 7. A game that was a total blowout too, after blowing a 3-1 series lead. Just a disaster. The MVP criticisms, and the comparisons to Jordan are both probably gonna come up again.

listopencil
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Kobe sucks.

Pitt Gorilla
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Fakers just got owned. I'm not sure anyone really thought they'd win a seven game series anyway, though.

Psyko Tek
05-06-2006, 09:54 PM
IMHO Kobe was tryting to prove a point...
the point is he is a whinny, crybaby, poseur
and the worlds greatest coach had to bench his ass, 'cause he didn't want to play anymore
would MJ, Bird, Akeem, Barkley, or Magic ride the pine in game 7, no matter what the score?

greatest basketball player on the planet?

Lzen
05-07-2006, 09:08 AM
He's gonna get totally grilled by the press, no doubt. He's gonna finish with 1 point in the 2nd half of a Game 7. A game that was a total blowout too, after blowing a 3-1 series lead. Just a disaster. The MVP criticisms, and the comparisons to Jordan are both probably gonna come up again.

I was thinking about those Jordan comparisons while watching the game last night. I'm sorry, but Kobe is not Michael Jordan. Jordan would've taken over that game and at least kept his team in it. IMO, MJ is still the best ever.