PDA

View Full Version : Vikings new threads...

shaneo69
04-28-2006, 07:03 PM
http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_NewJerseyLaunch42706.html

JBucc
04-28-2006, 07:06 PM
what?

Herzig
04-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Purple Pant-ies

Hammock Parties
04-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Those look terrific. I love them.

big nasty kcnut
04-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Ok that lame.

Eleazar
04-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Not a bad update at all.

Herzig
04-28-2006, 07:10 PM

Another classic NFL uni bites the dust.

Sully
04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
They look horrible. It's awful, except for the update to the helmet. Looks like a Division IA college uni.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2006, 07:13 PM
You guys are close-minded. These are terrific. I think the Chiefs should develop something similar as an alternate uniform.

04-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Another classic NFL uni bites the dust.

My thoughts exactly.

Bwana
04-28-2006, 07:15 PM
They are still PURPLE.........nuff said.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 07:16 PM
You guys are close-minded. These are terrific. I think the Chiefs should develop something similar as an alternate uniform.

Of course you like it. You're gay.

Hammock Parties
04-28-2006, 07:19 PM

Yup. I'M A FLAMING QUEER!

Frankie
04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
They look terrible, you dope. Another ugly version of the Bronco ugly. I hope the Chiefs will never come close to falling in that sh!tty fad. Less is more.

FAX
04-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Is it just me, or do these remind anyone else of the mangily mountain goat suits?

FAX

Frankie
04-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Actually gay guys have fashion taste. GoChiefs obviously does not. This may be the only argument against the ongoing GoChiefs CP rumor.;)

Frankie
04-28-2006, 07:36 PM
White shirts on red pants are our "Alternate" uniforms. No other is needed. If the Chiefs wanna waste money on vanity I'd rather they brought back Warpaint.

FAX
04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
White shirts on red pants are our "Alternate" uniforms. No other is needed. If the Chiefs wanna waste money on vanity I'd rather they brought back Warpaint.

Warpaint would get my vote too, Mr. Frankie. I loved it.

Why did they get rid of him, anyway? Anyone know?

FAX

Sully
04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
The Chiefs unis are great.
SImple, Classy. No black in them...
They simply don't ned change.

Frankie
04-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Warpaint would get my vote too, Mr. Frankie. I loved it.

Why did they get rid of him, anyway? Anyone know?

FAX
If I remember correctly it was one of Peterson's first cost-cutting decisions.

Frankie
04-28-2006, 08:00 PM
The Chiefs unis are great.
SImple, Classy. No black in them...
They simply don't ned change.
Amen. :thumb: I'm actually very serious about this issue. There are folks who call for the uniform change every once in a while. Like kids who point at another kids' ice cream and cry "I WANT THAT!" :rolleyes: I see that as a sign of not being a true Chiefs fan who love the Chiefs and the tradition of Lanier, Dawson, Thomas etc. If you are a patriot, the flag is sacred. Well, on a different level the Chiefs uniform is their flag. Let's not drag it through cheesiness. :shake: If I were a Vikes fan I'd be royally pissed tonight.

Crush
04-29-2006, 06:28 AM
The only uniform change that I propose is if we go back to the white pants when we're the visitor.

Herzig
04-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Amen. :thumb: I'm actually very serious about this issue. There are folks who call for the uniform change every once in a while. Like kids who point at another kids' ice cream and cry "I WANT THAT!" :rolleyes: I see that as a sign of not being a true Chiefs fan who love the Chiefs and the tradition of Lanier, Dawson, Thomas etc. If you are a patriot, the flag is sacred. Well, on a different level the Chiefs uniform is their flag. Let's not drag it through cheesiness. :shake: If I were a Vikes fan I'd be royally pissed tonight.

Agreed. I thought when both of the New York teams went back to their throwbacks, it was a good move.

How many teams still have their classic uni's? Chiefs, GB, Chi, Oak, Colts, Steelers, Lions(although, they've made a few tweeks), Browns, Miami, any others? :hmmm:

tomahawk kid
04-29-2006, 07:24 AM
They look horrible. It's awful, except for the update to the helmet. Looks like a Division IA college uni..

I didn't notice anything different on the helmets. What's the change?

Other all I think they freakin blow. Looks like a clown costume much like the Falcons "updated" uni's.

tomahawk kid
04-29-2006, 07:25 AM
The only uniform change that I propose is if we go back to the white pants when we're the visitor.

Holler.

And bringing back Warpaint would kick all ass known to man.

Sully
04-29-2006, 07:26 AM

I didn't notice anything different on the helmets. What's the change?

Other all I think they freakin blow. Looks like a clown costume much like the Falcons "updated" uni's.

They just changed the horn a little bit to make it actually look like a hord coming out of the helmet. It's shaped a little different.

FAX
04-29-2006, 07:56 AM
If I remember correctly it was one of Peterson's first cost-cutting decisions.

I wasn't aware of that, Mr. Frankie.

Well, that cuts it for me. CP is now on my personal, formal list of idiots.

Warpaint was an institution. I think that nutty indian guy rode him bareback, too. Either that, or he had a very small saddle ... an English dressage saddle or something. The nutty indian guy was fearless.

Down with Peterson. Up with Warpaint and nutty indian guys.

FAX

Frankie
04-29-2006, 08:05 AM
I wasn't aware of that, Mr. Frankie.

Well, that cuts it for me. CP is now on my personal, formal list of idiots.

Warpaint was an institution. I think that nutty indian guy rode him bareback, too. Either that, or he had a very small saddle ... an English dressage saddle or something. The nutty indian guy was fearless.

Down with Peterson. Up with Warpaint and nutty indian guys.

FAX
I agree with you. It was an awesome scene after a Chiefs TD. By the time Peterson came aboard the nutty Indian guy didn't ride him. It was some chearleader chick. Looked too small and unimposing on the horse. I think the Chiefs front office, in their infinite wisdom(!) had thought sex would sell tickets. :rolleyes:

FAX
04-29-2006, 08:11 AM
I agree with you. It was an awesome scene after a Chiefs TD. By the time Peterson came aboard the nutty Indian guy didn't ride him. It was some chearleader chick. Looked too small and unimposing on the horse. I think the Chiefs front office, in their infinite wisdom(!) had thought sex would sell tickets. :rolleyes:

That's just plain dumb, Mr. Frankie.

You know, I'm wondering now if there weren't animal rights issues associated with this deal. As well as (possibly) Native American issues.

Even so, Warpaints celebratory gallop was something that set the Chiefs apart from every other team and really got the crowd going. I never saw the Chiefs in person other than once at the old stadium (Municipal? Memorial?). They played the Boston Patriots that day. I think I still have the program somewhere.

We had nosebleed seats, but I loved it. When Warpaint did his thing, it was so exciting, I got chills. Funny what you remember.

FAX

Frankie
04-29-2006, 08:19 AM
That's just plain dumb, Mr. Frankie.

You know, I'm wondering now if there weren't animal rights issues associated with this deal. As well as (possibly) Native American issues.

Even so, Warpaints celebratory gallop was something that set the Chiefs apart from every other team and really got the crowd going.

FAX
I think at the time the issues were more in the way of costs and turf damage. As for us being set apart, Denver copied us and I think they still run a Bronco on the field for their games. In fairness we must have copied the idea from Fla State U.

FAX
04-29-2006, 08:26 AM
I think at the time the issues were more in the way of costs and turf damage. As for us being set apart, Denver copied us and I think they still run a Bronco on the field for their games. In fairness we must have copied the idea from Fla State U.

I had forgotten about the mountain goats, Mr. Frankie. This board is a phenomenal resource for both acquiring and re-acquiring knowledge. Thanks.

As for FSU, I would rather believe that it was the legendary Hank Stram's idea. So, I think I'll stick with that.

I think it would be great if the Raiders would run a pirate out on the field. Some old geezer with a wooden leg. They could make him limp like hell around the sidelines at breakneck speed. Then he could put his other eye out with his hook after field goals.

FAX