PDA

View Full Version : Great new plan for SBC/AT&T DSL users

BigRock
04-28-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure how many people are SBC DSL users, but I just came across this today. I've been on their "Pro" plan for a while now, which is like $25 a month for up to 3mbps of download speed. But they just released a new plan (called "Elite", I think) that's up to 6mpbs for just $29.95 a month. That's practically twice the speed for just 5 bucks more.

You can't order it online until Monday, but ordering online is even cheaper at $27 a month. You can order it over the phone now, though. The rate is set for one year and then they say it'll go up $10, but in a year they'll probably have new plans out anyway.

<a href=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060426/ap_on_bi_ge/at_t_dsl_1>Here's an article about it from Yahoo</a>. There's lots more information in that.

BigRock
04-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Sorry, meant to post this in the Geeks forum. :banghead: :banghead:

Frankie
04-28-2006, 09:51 PM
n00b!!

04-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Doesn't matter. If you are already a SBC/ATT DSL customer they won't give you the advertised rates because they are for "New customers only".

I have been arguing with them for a month trying to get a lower or equal rate with no success. They just want me to pay $25 per month for 1.5M download speeds. I am paying $14.95 for it now and new custs get it for $12.99.

greg63
04-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Doesn't matter. If you are already a SBC/ATT DSL customer they won't give you the advertised rates because they are for "New customers only".

I have been arguing with them for a month trying to get a lower or equal rate with no success. They just want me to pay $25 per month for 1.5M download speeds. I am paying $14.95 for it now and new custs get it for $12.99.

Yep! SBC=sucks! IMO

BigRock
04-28-2006, 10:10 PM

The last promotions they offered were for new customers only, but this isn't. I've been on SBC for 5 years and they signed me right up.

04-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Yep! SBC=sucks! IMO

Don't have a lot of options here. It is SBC or Cox cable. The Cox plan is for up to 4mbs dl for $40. SBC is offering me $25 for 1.5mbs. I don't use the internet for anything other than browsing really so I don't see it being worth that much.

I may just go back to dial-up for a few months and try to rejoin again later. Anyone know how long you have to be cancelled from SBC DSL service to come back as a "new" customer?

04-28-2006, 10:33 PM
The last promotions they offered were for new customers only, but this isn't. I've been on SBC for 5 years and they signed me right up.

With my luck, I am probably not close enough to my Central Office to receive that speed. Therfore, they will keep trying to get $25 out of me for the 1.5 speed.

I have a hard time justifying $30-$40 just for internet though.

58-4ever
04-28-2006, 10:36 PM
They can't possibly be as bad as Cox. :hmmm:

04-28-2006, 10:54 PM
They can't possibly be as bad as Cox. :hmmm:

I would LOVE to dump SBC/ATT completely but I have not found any reasonable alternatives for phone and internet services. Everything I have looked at ends up costing more than what I am currently paying.

Basic phone services with no frills costs me $32. DSL is $15. AFter tax I pay right around $49 per month.

To switch to Cox would cost me more than that after their discounted service month. Plus, when the electricity goes out, I would lose my phone too.

Cell plans are even worse. :banghead:

58-4ever
04-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I would LOVE to dump SBC/ATT completely but I have not found any reasonable alternatives for phone and internet services. Everything I have looked at ends up costing more than what I am currently paying.

Basic phone services with no frills costs me $32. DSL is $15. AFter tax I pay right around $49 per month.

To switch to Cox would cost me more than that after their discounted service month. Plus, when the electricity goes out, I would lose my phone too.

Cell plans are even worse. :banghead:

I pay 40 a month just for the internet with Cox. :hump:

greg63
04-28-2006, 10:57 PM
With my luck, I am probably not close enough to my Central Office to receive that speed. Therfore, they will keep trying to get $25 out of me for the 1.5 speed.

I have a hard time justifying $30-$40 just for internet though.

Not sure bud, I dumped SBC for several hundred personal reasons.

04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Not sure bud, I dumped SBC for several hundred personal reasons.

Do tell.... :hmmm:

greg63
04-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Do tell.... :hmmm:I would but it would only make my head hurt....again.

:banghead:

Shoot me a PM if ya really wanna know what happened.

Braincase
04-29-2006, 06:23 AM
Everytime I think about the nightmare that is SBC, I'm glad I live in Lawrence.