PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker to Denver

Miles
04-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Traded for their second rounder.

Yuck

tk13
04-29-2006, 04:02 PM
I like this move on their part. A lot of the fans over at the Mane seem to be kinda wary of it. He's a dangerous weapon.

banyon
04-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Lenny Walls is not going to cut it.

JBucc
04-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Now we have to cover Rod Smith and Javon Walker. Crud. I hope Youboty falls.

dirk digler
04-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Very good move by the Donkeys.

TEX
04-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Now we have to cover Rod Smith and Javon Walker. Crud. I hope Youboty falls.

Shouldn't be a problem IF we can pressure Plummer. That should be the plan.

FloridaMan88
04-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Wow this day just gets worse. I'd rather have a Pro Bowl-caliber WR than any likely bust Carl is going to draft in the 2nd round.

Just 3 more years of having to endure Carl on draft day. Thank God

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2006, 04:08 PM
You do realize that Denver just used a high 2nd round pick on a Brett Favre WR coming off of a torn ACL. No GB receiver has done anything after he's left GB the whole time Favre has been there. Combine that with the fact that he has been a malcontent, AND wants a new contract, and I love this pick for the Broncos, as a Chiefs fan.

HerculesRockefell
Not happy that it was the high 2nd that they gave up, but I got my QB so I'll live.

Get a 3rd for Lelie and it'll be a good day.

chop
I think the Donkeys have done a good job so far. Someone hurry up and tell Shananan that there is a good RB that got into a little trouble but should get of jail soon. They should use there next pick on him. I think his name is Clarett.

chop
04-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Not happy that it was the high 2nd that they gave up, but I got my QB so I'll live.

If they get a 3rd for Lelie then it would be a great day for Denver.

TEX
04-29-2006, 04:13 PM

Why trade Lelie? Why not keep him? I would think it would make your Wr's that much deeper. After all, Walker was injured all of last year. :hmmm:

Red Dawg
04-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Let's say Walker comes back to form, and that's a big if, but let's say he does. He's going from Brett's accurate rifle to Jake's inaccurate pistol. This is not a bad move by Denver but it shouldn't scare any of us.

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Why trade Lelie? Why not keep him? I would think it would make your Wr's that much deeper. After all, Walker was injured all of last year. :hmmm:
Keep him..becuase in two years we'll have a QB that can hit him deep. Word is Tampa is interest in trading

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 04:23 PM
My response to the trade is *shrug*.

Just over one season of starts under his belt (18). Just one 1000-yard season. Coming off a serious injury.

Not to say it's bad, per se. He could come back and be a monster. Or not.

Shrug.

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Let's say Walker comes back to form, and that's a big if, but let's say he does. He's going from Brett's accurate rifle to Jake's inaccurate pistol. This is not a bad move by Denver but it shouldn't scare any of us.

Walker is still a year away from being 100 percent

Mr. Kotter
Walker's better days are behind him; and he won't have Favre throwing to him....he'll have Plummer. Heh. :)

banyon
Keep him..becuase in two years we'll have a QB that can hit him deep. Word is Tampa is interest in trading

Why are you drafting a QB next year too?

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Why are you drafting a QB next year too?

No..we dratfed one today.

TEX
04-29-2006, 04:26 PM

I'd keep him rather than trade him for a late pick.

banyon
04-29-2006, 04:28 PM
No..we dratfed one today.

Oh, yeah, I remember all of those 60-yard bombs that Cutler lit the SEC on fire with.

TEX
04-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Walker's better days are behind him; and he won't have Favre throwing to him....he'll have Plummer. Heh. :)

I would have liked having Green throw to him, but not for a 2nd. Denver obviously thought it was worth it so more power to them for making the deal happen.

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh, yeah, I remember all of those 60-yard bombs that Cutler lit the SEC on fire with.

Awww

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Fooooooooooooochit. This sucks.

the Talking Can
04-29-2006, 05:00 PM
damn....that sucks

Amnorix
04-29-2006, 05:21 PM
You guys seem to be missing what happened. The Pats moved up to #36, right in front of the Broncos at #37 to grab Chad Jackson. The Broncos then trade #37 to GB to get Walker.

Looks like the Broncos weren't exactly planning on Walker, but when the Pats jumped 'em and took Jackson, they went to Plan B.

TRR
04-29-2006, 05:35 PM
You guys seem to be missing what happened. The Pats moved up to #36, right in front of the Broncos at #37 to grab Chad Jackson. The Broncos then trade #37 to GB to get Walker.

Looks like the Broncos weren't exactly planning on Walker, but when the Pats jumped 'em and took Jackson, they went to Plan B.

What would we do without you? Thank you for enlightening us. :rolleyes:

Moon§hiner
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Stop making sense Amnorix...since the Chiefs didn't get Cutler or Walker they suck...get with the program dammit!!

Taco John
04-29-2006, 05:45 PM

No, we've been planning on Walker. We probably would have taken Chad if he was available, and the Pats apparently knew it and had to do something about it. But according to the people I talk to, this Walker plan had been part of the plan all along...

petegz28
04-29-2006, 05:56 PM
No Mike Anderson=Donks 8-8 at best.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 06:08 PM
But according to the people I talk to, this Walker plan had been part of the plan all along...I didn't realize you were in touch with Bubba the janitor at the Flaming Onion Bar and Grille.

MNchief
04-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Fellas,

WR is a problem for us this year, and we've done nothing to address it. I'd give a 2nd and my right testicle for Walker this year... he is good and is motivated... and assuming he rehabs alright, he could be outstanding.

Is EK outstanding? He's good, but IMO a 2nd WR. Samie can't stay healty, and like it or not, Trent used Horn as a great posession receiver to move the chains, slipping on little curl routes.

Dante needs to be a returner and not a WR. He just doesn't have the juice for both IMO. Craphonso? Crap.

We need a quality WR. I don't want to trade for one now.. because the only two I know of on the block are Stallworth (maybe) and Lelie (hell no-- can't trade with the donks). I dunno how I can feel better about this. Are Stephon Paige, Carlos Carson, or Willie Davis still walking?

I find myself drinking much heavier on draft day when Carl and my annual pessimism catch up to my psyche.

Inspector
04-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Fellas,
I'd give a 2nd and my right testicle for Walker this year...

This level of fan devotion is commendable!

MNchief
04-29-2006, 07:49 PM
This level of fan devotion is commendable!

Whatever it takes for a playoff victory (or three), I'm willing to provide.

Amnorix
04-29-2006, 09:34 PM
No, we've been planning on Walker. We probably would have taken Chad if he was available, and the Pats apparently knew it and had to do something about it. But according to the people I talk to, this Walker plan had been part of the plan all along...

Yeah, part of the plan. The BACKUP part... We got the 21 year old stud with top 5 times in the 40 and the splits, and with the best hands of anybody, and you got the proven guy who wants huge money coming off an ACL.

Time will tell who did better, but part of the equation is that Jackson's cap number will probably be 1/3rd of Walker's. I'm thinking Walker won't be 3x more productive...

Boardin Bronco
04-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Yeah, part of the plan. The BACKUP part....

Bullshit. Gil Brandt reported the Javon Walker deal was done in the late stages of the 1st round.

Boardin Bronco
04-30-2006, 01:16 AM
We got the 21 year old stud with top 5 times in the 40 and the splits, and with the best hands of anybody, and you got the proven guy who wants huge money coming off an ACL.

Denver needs a #1 WR NOW. They can't wait 3 years for a rookie to develop, which typically is the time it takes rookie wideouts to reach their ceiling.

Time will tell who did better, but part of the equation is that Jackson's cap number will probably be 1/3rd of Walker's. I'm thinking Walker won't be 3x more productive...

Rookie WRs tend to struggle. Rookie wideouts are risky anyways.

Speaking of cap numbers devoted to skill position players, Denver will be paying Dayne/Bell/draftee peanuts compared to what New England will pay Dillon/Maroney this season. Denver's running game will once again be the more productive attack in 2006.

Valiant
04-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Denver needs a #1 WR NOW. They can't wait 3 years for a rookie to develop, which typically is the time it takes rookie wideouts to reach their ceiling.

Speaking of cap numbers devoted to skill position players, Denver will be paying Dayne/Bell/draftee peanuts compared to what New England will pay Dillon/Maroney this season. Denver's running game will once again be the more productive attack in 2006.

But you still have Plummer throwing up a brick wall for your team to succeed.. Or will you only allow two links in his leash this year??

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Shouldn't be a problem IF we can pressure Plummer. That should be the plan.Exactly why improving the D-Line was priority one.

Mediocre corners look much better if the QB ends up on his ass all the time. Star corners can't cover good receivers if the QB has all the time in the world.

Good trade for the Donks, though. Not exactly the same sort of "Pro Bowler for a #2" that Surtain was, but still really nice.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Amno... you have really been fixated on Denver since January. I'm sure Denver would have loved to have selected Jackson in R2, but it didn't happen. You act as if the Walker trade was something Denver created as soon as NE picked in Round 2.

Whether it was Plan A, B or C ... it doesn't matter to me.

StcChief
04-30-2006, 06:38 AM

Chiefs can hope Walker won't pan out after injury....

Cutler was a good pick by Dungver....

I guess 'Jake The Fake' days are numbered.

Garcia Bronco
04-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Amno... you have really been fixated on Denver since January. I'm sure Denver would have loved to have selected Jackson in R2, but it didn't happen. You act as if the Walker trade was something Denver created as soon as NE picked in Round 2.

Whether it was Plan A, B or C ... it doesn't matter to me.

Because at least we have a plan C

Taco John
04-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Amnorix apparently doesn't understand that player for player deals don't happen in 15 minuters while they're on the clock. We've been talking to the Packers about Walker for weeks. If Jackson was so important to us, we'd have taken him in the first round.

OldTownChief
04-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Amnorix apparently doesn't understand that player for player deals don't happen in 15 minuters while they're on the clock. We've been talking to the Packers about Walker for weeks. If Jackson was so important to us, we'd have taken him in the first round.

But we all know you had much more pressing needs in round one. Didn't we?

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 04:37 PM

You needed a #1 WR NOW. Instead, you traded a high draft pick for a guy that might not be fully ready to go until 2007.

FAX
04-30-2006, 04:40 PM
On this subject ... I heard something on the news about the mountain goats hiding Walker for a couple of days, or something?

Did anyone hear anything about this? I wasn't listening closely. It had something to do with Walker being unavailable by phone, etc. until draft day.

FAX

FAX
04-30-2006, 05:16 PM
On this subject ... I heard something on the news about the mountain goats hiding Walker for a couple of days, or something?

Did anyone hear anything about this? I wasn't listening closely. It had something to do with Walker being unavailable by phone, etc. until draft day.

FAX

Guess not.

Must be the medication.

FAX

alanm
04-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I didn't realize you were in touch with Bubba the janitor at the Flaming Onion Bar and Grille.
I thought he was Bolens bukkake boy. :)

j/k TJ. well maybe.

vailpass
04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
No Terrel Davis or Clinton Portis or Mike Anderson etc. etc. etc.=Donks 8-8 at best.

Fixed it for you to make it historically acurate. :)

Mile High Mania
04-30-2006, 07:51 PM
You needed a #1 WR NOW. Instead, you traded a high draft pick for a guy that might not be fully ready to go until 2007.

Ok, but let's say they kept the pick and chose a rookie WR... how many rookie WRs have ever become a #1 WR? It's happened a few times, but I don't think there was one in this class. Denver has a #1... we need a "future" #1 that can be a damn good #2-3 guy now.

dirk digler
04-30-2006, 07:59 PM
I saw the Shanahan interview on NFL Network today or last night and he said that Walker will be ready for training camp.

I wish the Chiefs would have made this trade.

Garcia Bronco
04-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I saw the Shanahan interview on NFL Network today or last night and he said that Walker will be ready for training camp.

I wish the Chiefs would have made this trade.

He won't be ready-ready...but he'll play

dirk digler
04-30-2006, 08:07 PM
He won't be ready-ready...but he'll play

That should be good enough.

blueballs
05-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Walker wanted out for big mney
how much did he get
details! need details!

Mac Speedie
09-25-2006, 12:06 AM

Chad Who?