PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 NFL Draft...

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2006, 10:53 PM
May very well be my favorite draft ever, if we have even a decent second day.

Not just because we got who I wanted in the first, not just because DeAngelo went to a team that's a great fit and he sounded so damn happy to be with them in his Q&A, not just because we got a legitimate QBOTF in the third... well, actually, that about covers it.

But for some reason, I'm just so damn PUMPED about all of this. Even Pollard -- with his attitude and LUMBER-distributing abilities -- is intriguing, reach issues aside.

Here's to Gotti being picked in the 5th, Tim Goodwell sneaking into the draft, and more high-quality picks by the Chiefs tomorrow.

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 11:26 PM
I was happy to see DeAngelo go to the Panthers. That give me yet another reason to keep rooting for both of them.

As far as tomorrow, I want us to take Dave Tollefson, DE, Northwest Missouri State in the late 6th-7th.

the Talking Can
04-30-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm happy too, even though I don't know much about our picks. It's Herm's first draft in KC...we don't have a history to hang on his shoulders...cuts down on the cynicism immensely.

Frosty
04-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Way better than DV's first draft. That one was done on a dartboard.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Way better than DV's first draft. That one was done on a dartboard.Oh, the days when I thought Michael Bennett would have been the solution to all of our problems. ROFL

I only recently got over passing up Mike McMahon for BILLY ****ING BABER :cuss:, though.

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 08:48 AM
I agree. Sure, it could have been even better, but this is the best draft overall that I can remember for the Chiefs so far.

Frosty
04-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Oh, the days when I thought Michael Bennett would have been the solution to all of our problems. ROFL

I only recently got over passing up Mike McMahon for BILLY ****ING BABER :cuss:, though.

I remember sitting there thinking, "Does DV even know who's currently on the roster?".

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 09:10 AM
I think the big thing is that it actually feels like a paradigm shift. It's probably too early to think that, since it was just three picks, but it seems so fundamentally different from years past.

I remember sitting there thinking, "Does DV even know who's currently on the roster?"."Johnnie Johnson, right? Good kid, good kid."

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Yay, Gotti went a round earlier than I'd hoped. Maybe this means Goodwell will go, and in the sixth to boot. Or Goodwell and Avery both get picked. :D

Hey, if someone (even the Lions) could draft Anglin...