PDA

View Full Version : So How did we do. . .

mac58
04-30-2006, 02:07 AM
I'm not a college football fan. . how u guys think we did. . i have penn state fans who r friends that say this dude is a stud. . .but i keep hearing on espn that we picked our guys too early. . .what u guys think?

Rausch
04-30-2006, 02:41 AM
I wasnt' happy but a lot of people are.

Seems we won't find out until gameday...

beer bacon
04-30-2006, 02:51 AM
We need to trade Carlos Hall for a 4th rounder and then draft Pat Watkins with it.

Rausch
04-30-2006, 02:54 AM
We need to trade Carlos Hall for a 4th rounder and then draft Pat Watkins with it.

Our 1st just ended the stay of Hicks/Hall.

At this point I really don't care which...

Sure-Oz
04-30-2006, 02:55 AM
I'd say CYA hicks, sick of hearing his "we'll fix it" bullshit

chop
04-30-2006, 06:08 AM
I've heard, and read, that the Chiefs got him too soon also but, they were also saying this guy is a first round talent. The Chiefs didn't have another first round pick and needed a trade partner to move down. Apparently, they had a possible trade partner but they were afraid to move down, fearing Hali wouldn't be there at that pick so they just went and got the guy they wanted. Nothing wong with that IMO. It would have been nice to be able to get the guy you want and pick up an additional pick but sometimes you have to stand pat and take the guy that you think is going to make the most difference on your football team.

StcChief
04-30-2006, 06:15 AM
I've heard, and read, that the Chiefs got him too soon also but, they were also saying this guy is a first round talent. The Chiefs didn't have another first round pick and needed a trade partner to move down. Apparently, they had a possible trade partner but they were afraid to move down, fearing Hali wouldn't be there at that pick so they just went and got the guy they wanted. Nothing wong with that IMO. It would have been nice to be able to get the guy you want and pick up an additional pick but sometimes you have to stand pat and take the guy that you think is going to make the most difference on your football team.

Hoping Hali is there 4-5 picks later is kinda dumb when you need help now... They did the right thing. F the analysts...reach.

milkman
04-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Tamba Hali was a guy, who 3 months ago, many of us were hoping would drop to #20.

And he did.
He slid down the board so much in 3 months that he ended up being projected by the "experts" to be a late first, early second round pick.

I'm happy with the pick.

Screw the workout warriors.
Give me the guy that actually produced on the field, and the guy who gives relentless effort on every play from start to finish.

Mecca
04-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Hali doesn't bother me........the 2nd round pick looks like a pretty big reach though.

the Talking Can
04-30-2006, 06:50 AM
We picked a guy based on his actual performance on the field and not his workout numbers...over the long term I think this is a sound strategy.

Look at all the good players in the league who don't fit the mold, aren't the fastest, etc...

jspchief
04-30-2006, 07:23 AM
I'm giving this first day a B or B+.

Tamba Hali: He's player that fits where we took him in regards to value. Not sure he's a Pro-Bowler type prospect, but will be a good bookend opposite Allen, and is a legit threat to start day 1.

Bernard Pollard: This pick is what kept my grade from being an A. For starters, I believe he was a reach. If we absolutely had to have him, we could have moved down and got it done IMO. My other problem is that he's not the type of safety we need IMO. He's more of a plodding thumper, and I felt we needed a rangy ballhawk. He could still be a good player, just not what I consider an ideal fit.

Brodie Croyle: I have a mancrush on this pick. I think it's an ideal pick to groom Green's eventual replacement. This guy has NFL QB written all over him, the only downside is propensity for injuries. Hopefully a couple years of NFL weight rooms will help.

DaWolf
04-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Time will tell. There are plenty of guys who after the draft we comlained about the fact that we "reached" for them too early but they worked out to be good players. It really doesn't come down to where we picked these guys, it comes down to do these guys fit our style of defense and will they be solid contributors for us? And we have to obviously wait and see about that.

We didn't address the corner situation though, so we better do something else in free agency. I don't care what Herm says, a 2nd day corner is not going to come in and make a difference for us this year...

wolfpack0735
04-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Pollard will play special teams,as fer say to start. he may also go in out of plays if one of the two safties start to miss alot of tackles. it wouldn`t shock me to see them pick up a corner in free agency now.

primetime444
04-30-2006, 08:30 AM
it be nice if they were to get Law

milkman
04-30-2006, 08:35 AM
it be nice if they were to get Law

AAAAAARRRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Lamar ain't gonna open up the vault this year.

We are not going to see Law in KC.

Bwana
04-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Pollard will play special teams,as fer say to start. he may also go in out of plays if one of the two safties start to miss alot of tackles. it wouldn`t shock me to see them pick up a corner in free agency now.

If my decoder ring is working, I think I agree. I look for him to be a special teams stud at first to replace Gary Stills. I would also love to see them pick up a CB in free agency, but I have no idea who is out there other than Law right now. I also think Benny Sapp is going to be a good CB for us. Is he ready now? We may have the chance to find out.

ChiefsCountry
04-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Hali doesn't bother me........the 2nd round pick looks like a pretty big reach though.

When we got Croyle in the 3rd it made me feel better for our 2nd round pick. Means we got a 2nd round value player.

chiefsfaninNC
04-30-2006, 08:41 AM

I agree that it was a big time reach when two good corners were on the board at the time. I got to see some of his highlights on the tube. The guy can bring wood. He had several big hits. Immediate special teams player. They said he is slow. Another Sammy Knight.

ct
04-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Anybody hear Ernie Accorsi (Giants GM) comments? They were sitting at 26, but traded down to 32 with Pittsburgh and took Kiwi. He said, when asked about the trade down, they had 2 premier pass rushing Ends on the board, so they moved back and took Kiwi. Mario and Hali were his 2 guys, I'm sure.

This was after the Hali bio, where it Accorsi was specifically mentioned as loving this guy after his interviews.

So maybe we could have moved back 5 spots to take Hali, but if that's who they wanted, I'm glad they took him. Herm said that Hali and Pollard will play right away. Pollard most likely on ST, but I don't see Hali as a STer. This very well may push Hicks to the bench.

I love the Croyle pick. Put 20 pounds on this kid the next couple years, and we may have our next starting QB!!

The Pollard pick just reeks of another 2nd round reach.