PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign a FB

BigMeatballDave
05-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Chiefs | Team agrees with UDFA J. Slaughter
Mon, 1 May 2006 06:37:57 -0700

The Huntsville Times reports the Kansas City Chiefs have reached an agreement with undrafted rookie free agent FB Jake Slaughter (Auburn).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/594.html

ct
05-01-2006, 10:24 AM
who?

Lzen
05-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Wasn't T-Rich from Auburn?

Just sayin'. ;)

Rain Man
05-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Jake Slaughter is a great name for a fullback.

BigChiefFan
05-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Those Auburn FBs have worked well in the past for us.

jiveturkey
05-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Reach!!!

We could have waited until tomorrow.

BigMeatballDave
05-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Reach!!!

We could have waited until tomorrow.ROFL

FAX
05-01-2006, 10:30 AM

It is, indeed, Mr. Rain Man.

But, I was hoping we would sign Gary Howboutsomeflatonyourass.

FAX

Iowanian
05-01-2006, 10:50 AM
As mentioned elsewhere....Slaughter is my pick for URFA to make the team this year.

He's exactly what I think the Chiefs look for in a FB...he just wants to punish defensive players....a mobile offensive guard in the backfield. He's been blocking for backs like Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown, and made a first year player look pretty good this season.

Fish
05-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Wow.... I like this! Just think how cool it would be for LJ to see a hole opening up and following the Slaughter through the D-Line for a TD.......... it's like unintentional motivation for LJ.......

Rain Man
05-01-2006, 10:59 AM
It is, indeed, Mr. Rain Man.

But, I was hoping we would sign Gary Howboutsomeflatonyourass.

FAX

Is he related to Jamal Howboutsomeflatonyourass?

FAX
05-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Is he related to Jamal Howboutsomeflatonyourass?

Gary is Jamal’s adopted brother.

It is, actually, a very moving story, Mr. Rain Man.

Jamal’s mom and dad (Rolanda and Luther) had always wanted a brother for Jamal, but Rolanda was unable to bear any more children due to complications arising from surgery she had after an horrific car accident on state highway 9 in which her uterus was torn from her body.

Rolanda and Luther were on the waiting list for years when they were finally presented with little Gary by the agency. Little Gary was a crack baby, but they took him home anyway and Luther gave him the family name. Jamal and Gary were the best of friends as well as brothers and spent many a summer afternoon kicking the crap out of the other children in the neighborhood and taking their toys.

But, deep down, Gary was unhappy. He didn’t really know who he was. So, years later, Gary investigated his biological parents who wanted to remain anonymous. And, as it turned out, his real father and mother were still alive and living in Pasadena.

Anyway, Gary loved Rolanda and Luther as if they were his real parents. So he killed his biological parents, blamed Jamal, and (so far as I know) Jamal is still sweating it out on death row pending appeal of his case.

FAX

Rain Man
05-01-2006, 12:15 PM
And you were hoping to sign a low-character guy like that?

shaneo69
05-01-2006, 07:47 PM
2006 Capital One Bowl
Auburn (9-2) vs. Wisconsin (9-3)

By Richard Cirminiello

Capital One Player Profile
Auburn FB Jake Slaughter

Slaughter will never run for 1,000 yards in a season, but he will be the lead blocker for plenty of 1,000-yard backs. In fact, the former linebacker already has for the Tigers. Slaughter’s role increased during last year’s perfect season as he consistently sprung open gaping holes for eventual first-round draft choices, Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams. And this fall, the senior was one of the unheralded cogs in an Auburn running game that featured first-year starter Kenny Irons, who led the SEC in rushing. Every program has a dozen or so Slaughters, faceless, nameless, selfless players that are as irreplaceable as they are anonymous. No one outside the Plains of Auburn could identify No. 44 in a lineup, but subtract him from the offense, and things just wouldn’t click as smoothly. Even as a 160-pound teen, Slaughter craved contact and dreamt of playing major college football. Nearly 85 pounds and five years later, he’s recognized by NFL scouts as one of the most physical and technically sound blocking backs in the country, and appreciated by every Tiger seeking a sliver of daylight or an extra second of pass protection. Since switching to offense in 2003, he has earned eight carries, a level of production that won’t ramp up anytime soon. That’s just fine with Slaughter. Like a pulling guard, he’s content just to be dishing out punishment if it means Auburn’s winning and one of his teammates is piling up big numbers.

tyton75
05-01-2006, 07:51 PM
nice write up... the offensive Boomer Grigsby possibly??

big nasty kcnut
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I like it

Nightwish
05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Jake Slaughter is a great name for a fullback.That it is! Between him and Julian Battle, we've got the two most awesome names in the NFL! If only that amounted to something on the field. The other coolest name in the NFL is (or was) Eric Bienemy (who I always liked to call "Eric the Enemy," kind of like "Eric the Awful").

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Now we have Bonecrusher, Slaughter, Battle, and the Liberian Nightmare. We sound like a Canadian hockey team.

milkman
05-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Now we have Bonecrusher, Slaughter, Battle, and the Liberian Nightmare. We sound like a Canadian hockey team.

That, or the most recent mutant additions to the the X-Men.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
That, or the most recent mutant additions to the the X-Men.

ROFL Nice one!!

We just need the Hanson Brothers for a Hockey team, or for the Xmen we need Storm so we can see Halle Berrys boobs.

Wilson8
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
From Jake's on campus workout at Auburn - (6-1 1/8, 242) ran his 40s in 4.78 and 4.84 seconds. He had a 4.35 short shuttle, a 7.24 three-cone drill, a 32-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-8 broad jump and 25 bench presses. Actually pretty good for a FB.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2006, 10:19 PM

Or a newly formed hardcore/gangsta rap group

kregger
05-01-2006, 10:55 PM
I met Ronnie Cruz at the trolley run yesterday. He probably isn't too excited to hear this news.

58-4ever
05-01-2006, 10:58 PM
I met Ronnie Cruz at the trolley run yesterday. He probably isn't too excited to hear this news.

Fullbacks shouldn't be at trolley run's. They should be at cock fights.

digi2fish
05-01-2006, 11:03 PM

I would rather to see a pass rusher named Slaughter

Frankie
05-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Actually, it's a great nickname for Tamba Hali.

Frankie
05-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Reach!!!

We could have waited until tomorrow.
ROFL Hilarious and smart commentary.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Slaughter will bust some holes for LJ on his way to 2000 yards.

Frankie
05-01-2006, 11:38 PM
As mentioned elsewhere....Slaughter is my pick for URFA to make the team this year.

He's exactly what I think the Chiefs look for in a FB...he just wants to punish defensive players....a mobile offensive guard in the backfield. He's been blocking for backs like Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown, and made a first year player look pretty good this season.
I won't ask you about how you know this. Because I want to dream this is true.

Rausch
05-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I won't ask you about how you know this. Because I want to dream this is true.

It probably is, and in 6 years I'm sure he'll be making $5.5 million a year...

Frankie
05-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Gary is Jamal’s adopted brother.

It is, actually, a very moving story, Mr. Rain Man.

Jamal’s mom and dad (Rolanda and Luther) had always wanted a brother for Jamal, but Rolanda was unable to bear any more children due to complications arising from surgery she had after an horrific car accident on state highway 9 in which her uterus was torn from her body.

Rolanda and Luther were on the waiting list for years when they were finally presented with little Gary by the agency. Little Gary was a crack baby, but they took him home anyway and Luther gave him the family name. Jamal and Gary were the best of friends as well as brothers and spent many a summer afternoon kicking the crap out of the other children in the neighborhood and taking their toys.

But, deep down, Gary was unhappy. He didn’t really know who he was. So, years later, Gary investigated his biological parents who wanted to remain anonymous. And, as it turned out, his real father and mother were still alive and living in Pasadena.

Anyway, Gary loved Rolanda and Luther as if they were his real parents. So he killed his biological parents, blamed Jamal, and (so far as I know) Jamal is still sweating it out on death row pending appeal of his case.

FAX

ROFL ROFL ROFL
I actually read this post through, and I don't regret it a bit. An instant classic post.

Frankie
05-01-2006, 11:47 PM
2006 Capital One Bowl
Auburn (9-2) vs. Wisconsin (9-3)

By Richard Cirminiello

Capital One Player Profile
Auburn FB Jake Slaughter

Slaughter will never run for 1,000 yards in a season, but he will be the lead blocker for plenty of 1,000-yard backs. In fact, the former linebacker already has for the Tigers. Slaughter’s role increased during last year’s perfect season as he consistently sprung open gaping holes for eventual first-round draft choices, Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams. And this fall, the senior was one of the unheralded cogs in an Auburn running game that featured first-year starter Kenny Irons, who led the SEC in rushing. Every program has a dozen or so Slaughters, faceless, nameless, selfless players that are as irreplaceable as they are anonymous. No one outside the Plains of Auburn could identify No. 44 in a lineup, but subtract him from the offense, and things just wouldn’t click as smoothly. Even as a 160-pound teen, Slaughter craved contact and dreamt of playing major college football. Nearly 85 pounds and five years later, he’s recognized by NFL scouts as one of the most physical and technically sound blocking backs in the country, and appreciated by every Tiger seeking a sliver of daylight or an extra second of pass protection. Since switching to offense in 2003, he has earned eight carries, a level of production that won’t ramp up anytime soon. That’s just fine with Slaughter. Like a pulling guard, he’s content just to be dishing out punishment if it means Auburn’s winning and one of his teammates is piling up big numbers.

Iowanian,
if my reply to your post regarding this sounded like sarcasm, I apologize. This looks like a great signing, potentially.

Moooo
05-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Fullbacks are a funny thing. I don't ever get how they can go so low in the draft when they do so much blocking in the run game.

I'm a little worried if this guy's our starter, but I guess if there's not that much of a change in run blocking from college to pros, he can plug into the system well enough.

Moooo