PDA

View Full Version : DIRECTY -- SUNDAY TICKET QUESTION

Manila-Chief
05-01-2006, 07:37 PM
In a couple of week we hope to close on a house in Olive Branch, MS. I plan to get DirecTY and the Sunday Ticket. I seem to remember that there is a special deal from DirecTY each year in July/August regarding new customers who sign up for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Anyone remember the details of the deal? Is it worth waiting for a couple of months???

Right now they are offering the Ticket for $229.... or $45.80 for 5 months. Is it cheaper than that in August? Do they offer better packages along with the ticket?

I could get Time Warner ... Yikes!!!! ... for a couple of months and then get DirecTY in August.

Your thoughts!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
05-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Not sure about when or if it will happen, but last year I received something like 4 months of the most expensive programming package at the price of the middle package with local programming when I signed up for the ticket. IIRC, sunday ticket was 49.99/4 installments.

I'm sure many others will be able to be more specific than me.....

Good luck!

Skip Towne
05-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Warpath is very close. I think you get everything(except pay per view) and the Ticket for $49.99 for the length of the NFL regular season.. The "everything" package is normally about $90 per month by itself. So the Ticket is just thrown in. It is a great deal even if you don't like football. They have done this for at least the last 4 years but they just paid a ton of money to the NFL so it isn't guaranteed. It would be worth suffering cable for a couple of months I would think.

SLAG
05-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Warpath is very close. I think you get everything(except pay per view) and the Ticket for $49.99 for the length of the NFL regular season.. The "everything" package is normally about $90 per month by itself. So the Ticket is just thrown in. It is a great deal even if you don't like football. They have done this for at least the last 4 years but they just paid a ton of money to the NFL so it isn't guaranteed. It would be worth suffering cable for a couple of months I would think.

Wow Skip Reccomends Cable.....

We shall treasure this day.....

Manila-Chief
05-01-2006, 09:08 PM

Wow!!! This is a historic day!!!!!!

Thanks Guys ... that helps!!!! I'm looking forward to finally being able to watch the games this year.... I'm leaning heavily towards getting the HD DVR so I can record the game and be able to watch the games that I will miss coz I'm out of town speaking!!!! Now, all I gotta do is sneak it by the wife ... I just hope her "dream house" will equal out a 36" CRT HDTV and the HD DVR!!! Hehehehe!!!!!

KCBOSS1
05-01-2006, 09:30 PM
DVR is sweet....totally worth it. I had no idea and we couldn't live without it now.

Skip Towne
05-01-2006, 10:30 PM

"Would be worth suffering" is hardly a recommendation.

Skip Towne
05-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Wow!!! This is a historic day!!!!!!

Thanks Guys ... that helps!!!! I'm looking forward to finally being able to watch the games this year.... I'm leaning heavily towards getting the HD DVR so I can record the game and be able to watch the games that I will miss coz I'm out of town speaking!!!! Now, all I gotta do is sneak it by the wife ... I just hope her "dream house" will equal out a 36" CRT HDTV and the HD DVR!!! Hehehehe!!!!!
I wouldn't spend the money on HD unless you have a big screen. It doesn't do shit for smaller CRT TV's.

58-4ever
05-01-2006, 10:57 PM
$229 is as good of a price as you will get. However, I mainly used it to track some of my fantasy football players each week. But, it seemed like much of the time I watched the local network games b/c Oklahoma carries almost all the Chiefs games. It really pissed me off that I couldn't get that friday night Miami game last year. I was supposed to get all the games!!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

TinyEvel
05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm looking into this, too.
If you're going to get the HD DVR, consider buying the equipment outright, over the web. It's about $400. I think the deal from DIRECTV is you pay $400, and have to return the equipment at the end of your agreement.
WTF??!!
Better to own it, I guess. But look into it, I'm still sniffing around. the unit is called something like the TiVo HR10-250.
There's even guys who are hacking it, putting in bigger hard drives and getting something like 600 hours of recorded content! (that's a lot of Star Trek episodes)

Manila-Chief
05-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm looking into this, too.
If you're going to get the HD DVR, consider buying the equipment outright, over the web. It's about $400. I think the deal from DIRECTV is you pay $400, and have to return the equipment at the end of your agreement.
WTF??!!
Better to own it, I guess. But look into it, I'm still sniffing around. the unit is called something like the TiVo HR10-250.
There's even guys who are hacking it, putting in bigger hard drives and getting something like 600 hours of recorded content! (that's a lot of Star Trek episodes)

I'm interested ... tell me more. Does anyone know how long DirecTY will repair thier units when (not if) they go out??? That's my concern with spending $400 bucks and then have the thing go out on me in a couple of years.

But, I saw an add somewhere for a TiVo unit and the fine print said it will not work with DirecTY ... thoughts?