PDA

View Full Version : ( Ty ) Oh boy, JW will be happy to hear .......

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 03:07 PM
John Clayton is reporting ( ESPN Radio ) that it is almost certain by Friday, Ty Law will be a Chief. He calling a 3 - 4 year contract.... I can see a 2 - 3 year contract option....

Now we get the balance of 3 more days of speculation..... :cuss:

QuikSsurfer
05-02-2006, 03:08 PM
PBJ

tyton75
Saaawweettt

Hammock Parties
are yuo for real? I wondering if they're saying anything on sportscenter or espnews yet. That'd be kickass if we got Law.

morphius
05-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Sweet another round of "48 hour" type threads.

Crap!!!!

jAZ
05-02-2006, 03:10 PM
http://chiefs.scout.com/2/395510.html

Talks with Ty Law Reaching New Level

Law is getting closer to the practice field.
By Nick Athan
Publisher
Date: Jul 14, 2005

In what has become the worst kept secret in the NFL, the Kansas City Chiefs continue to pursue free agent cornerback Ty Law. Warpaint Illustrated has learned that those talks have become very serious over the last 48 hours.

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Possibly a 3 to 4 year deal .......

King_Chief_Fan
05-02-2006, 03:11 PM
that sounds good and all, but, I am waiting for it to be official.

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 03:11 PM

By Nick Athan
Publisher

In what has become the worst kept secret in the NFL, the Kansas City Chiefs continue to pursue free agent cornerback Ty Law. Warpaint Illustrated has learned that those talks have become very serious over the last 48 hours.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

morphius
05-02-2006, 03:12 PM

By Nick Athan
Publisher

I hate you, seriously.

morphius
lol you bastard

Mr. Laz
05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Warpaint Illustrated has learned that those talks have become very serious over the last 48 hours.

:banghead:

sedated
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
we've landed on the moon?

nothing new here, move along

StcChief
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
WPI to the rescue breaking news..oh wait July 14,2005.

mlyonsd
05-02-2006, 03:16 PM

By Nick Athan
Publisher

ROFL THAT was funny.

Kylo Ren
05-02-2006, 03:17 PM
I just want to be sure, is this true or a hoax?

Pitt Gorilla
05-02-2006, 03:18 PM

By Nick Athan
Publisher

In what has become the worst kept secret in the NFL, the Kansas City Chiefs continue to pursue free agent cornerback Ty Law. Warpaint Illustrated has learned that those talks have become very serious over the last 48 hours.Do we now replace Athan with Phobia?

tk13
05-02-2006, 03:19 PM
The fact that he was coming here to talk to us hasn't been a very big secret. I'm all for signing him, I was all for signing him last year. We still have to get a better pass rush even if we do sign him though. Does give us more flexibility though.

Eleazar
05-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Is Clayton citing Athan? How could he? He knows what he's doing. He has to have another source.

Eleazar
05-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Roy, for real, did you hear this yourself, or is this a case of someone on another message board sayin they heard it on the radio or somethign like that?

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Roy, for real, did you hear this yourself, or is this a case of someone on another message board sayin they heard it on the radio or somethign like that?

1st I caught it off another BB . I then turned on and heard it on ESPN radio.

IMHO, after Denver getting Walker, Herm and CP need more experence in the secondary, I actually thinkit will happen now.

See what SportsCenter will report tonight.

irishjayhawk
05-02-2006, 03:31 PM
This makes sense on a lot of accounts.

Cutting Warfield and leaving us with zero serviceable corners.
Drafting no CB in the first day.
Quiet offseason etc
No real interest in law from other teams
Law and Herm's relationship

For once in the past 3 years, I am more confident we'll grab him.

tk13
05-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Law, a four-time Pro Bowler, is more of a sure thing (at CB). He signed with Edwards and the Jets last season and tied for the NFL lead with 10 interceptions.

Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson indicated he probably would be speaking with the agents for Law as soon as today (Monday).

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14469484.htm

The Pats also have question marks in the secondary. When asked for an update on the pursuit of Ty Law, Belichick demurred. When asked what he saw in free-agent signee Eric Warfield, Belichick said he was a starter in Kansas City.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=137423&format=text

ArrowheadHawk
05-02-2006, 03:38 PM
i say bring him in if not just to end all the specualtion threads about him

KChiefs1
05-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Holy Shit! Is this for real???????????????

big nasty kcnut
05-02-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't care it's wait and see for me and my dad. We heard this before.

ArrowheadHawk
05-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't care it's wait and see for me and my dad. We heard this before.
whats your dad have to do with anything?

arrowheadnation
05-02-2006, 03:49 PM
YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! If this is true, my giddy-meter just moved up one level from "slightly raised eyebrows" to "hardened nipples."

BTW...if the title of this thread was changed to something along the lines of "John Clayton reporting on ESPN radio that Ty Law is to be a Chief by Friday," this sucker would already be 7 pages deep and would end up in the 12-15 page range.

KChiefs1
05-02-2006, 03:55 PM
huh oh...here's Nick Athan's post on Warpaint Illustrated:

http://mb14.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=11213.topic&start=51&stop=100

The Chiefs have had converstations with the Poston Brothers... We expect Law to visit KC in the coming week. It's clear he wants to play for Edwards again.

And to set the record straight we WERE the first to break the news of the impending visit Saturday at the draft... Props to the Star for taking our lead... We'll have a Law opinion story for you later today.

ArrowheadHawk
05-02-2006, 03:56 PM
huh oh...here's Nick Athan's post on <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>:

The Chiefs have had converstations with the Poston Brothers... We expect Law to visit KC in the coming week. It's clear he wants to play for Edwards again.

And to set the record straight we WERE the first to break the news of the impending visit Saturday at the draft... Props to the Star for taking our lead... We'll have a Law opinion story for you later today.
ur link doesn't work

Thig Lyfe
05-02-2006, 03:56 PM

hahahaha, that's what I was thinking as well.

tk13
05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
huh oh...here's Nick Athan's post on <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>:

Whoa, don't hurt yourself there Athan. That's a long reacharound to pat yourself on the back.

(This is why I'd probably be banned in 5 minutes if I ever posted on Magnum WPI)

arrowheadnation
05-02-2006, 03:59 PM
^The only reacharound Athan gets is from his boyfriend.

teedubya
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM

hahahaha, that's what I was thinking as well.

I thought you two were the same people, and you were quoting yourself.

Im a fuggin genious.

teedubya
05-02-2006, 04:14 PM
^The only reacharound Athan gets is from his boyfriend.

and now you? How many arrowheads do we have? heh. at least you misspelled arrowhead. That makes it easier on me.

If you ever want a mod to fix your name for you, Bob Dole will probably do it for ya.

Sully
05-02-2006, 04:20 PM

I think Surtain is, at the very least, serviceable.

58-4ever
05-02-2006, 04:24 PM

Quiet offseason etc

For once in the past 3 years, I am more confident we'll grab him.

I get it. Everybody has a shtick. You are the drunk irishman who makes no sense.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
getting older at a postion is not a good thing, but...
Warfield would not have re-signed for less money & there really are no other options now, that I'm aware of

Skip Towne
05-02-2006, 04:43 PM
And Athan is right there to claim the credit for "breaking" this story. :LOL:

nychief
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
nick athan couldn't find his ass with two hands and a flashlight.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I did this last year and it worked so I will try it again and hope for the same results.

DEAR GOD ABOVE IF YOU GIVE ME NOTHING ALL YEAR, MAKE TY LAW A CHIEF!!!!!!!

Fish
05-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Quote:The Pats also have question marks in the secondary. When asked for an update on the pursuit of Ty Law, Belichick demurred. When asked what he saw in free-agent signee Eric Warfield, Belichick said he was a starter in Kansas City.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/pa...423&format=text

how weird would it be to one day play New England when Warfield is in silver and Law is in red.....

Chan93lx50
05-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Holy Shit, Surtain and Law can you even imagine!

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2006, 05:08 PM

Warpaint Illustrated has learned that those talks have become very serious over the last 48 hours.

I think I heard this line before concerning an Atlanta MLB

nychief
05-02-2006, 05:25 PM
the guy who posted the same thing on the Espn board, says that the report also mentioned/speculated june 1st releases for Hicks and Woods.

chagrin
05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I heard also somewhere that the Chiefs were interested in Tamba Hali

el borracho
05-02-2006, 05:38 PM
the guy who posted the same thing on the Espn board, says that the report also mentioned/speculated june 1st releases for Hicks and Woods.
Woods is almost certainly gone. He didn't want to be a backup here last year and he would see the field even less this year.

And may I ask what is the limit on dancing banana smilies? Hicks' release may cause me to go all "go bo" in a post or two and I don't want to exceed the acceptable maximum.

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 05:44 PM
OK, Friday is a few days away, still time for the Postons to pony money from other teams. I feel this is there power play. IMHO, I think they are getting the info to Clayton to test the market quicker..... Law hasn't had too many offers as of this time.

Clayton mentioned it on ESPN radio, but not on Sports Center at all....... :hmmm:

Makes me wonder is he backing up a bit until he gets more info ?

Let the stories begin .....

Wile_E_Coyote
05-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Walls starting CB, yeah Ty Law threads are not so bad

Skip Towne
05-02-2006, 05:47 PM
OK, Friday is a few days away, still time for the Postons to pony money from other teams. I feel this is there power play. IMHO, I think they are getting the info to Clayton to test the market quicker..... Law hasn't had too many offers as of this time.

Clayton mentioned it on ESPN radio, but not on Sports Center at all....... :hmmm:

Makes me wonder is he backing up a bit until he gets more info ?

Let the stories begin .....
He's waiting for Athan to confirm it.

htismaqe
05-02-2006, 05:49 PM
nick athan couldn't find his ass with two hands and a flashlight.

Come on now, you're asking the impossible.

If he was grasping for his ass with BOTH hands, it would imply he's holding the flashlight with his mouth.

We all know that's not possible with one's head so fimly lodged in one's ass...

Kylo Ren
05-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I heard also somewhere that the Chiefs were interested in Tamba Hali PBJPBJ

nychief
05-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Come on now, you're asking the impossible.

If he was grasping for his ass with BOTH hands, it would imply he's holding the flashlight with his mouth.

We all know that's not possible with one's head so fimly lodged in one's ass...
ROFL ROFL

the Talking Can
05-02-2006, 06:07 PM

By Nick Athan
Publisher

comedy gold

Mr. Laz
05-02-2006, 06:10 PM
huh oh...here's Nick Athan's post on Warpaint Illustrated:

http://mb14.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=11213.topic&start=51&stop=100

you should be neg rep bombed for even going there to copy and paste this.

jspchief
05-02-2006, 06:31 PM
This makes sense. I figure the Chiefs hoped to get a CB in the draft, and when whoever they wanted wasn't available in the right round, they chose other needs, knowing they could address CB via FA.

Of course, I also wouldn't be suprised if this was all a load of crap.

Logical
05-02-2006, 06:31 PM

Quiet offseason etc

For once in the past 3 years, I am more confident we'll grab him.So suddenly Surtain is not a serviceable corner?

the Talking Can
05-02-2006, 06:35 PM
anyways...I hope this is true...Law for 2 years makes sense with Roaf/Shields/Green/Kennison/Gonzo...

Law/Surtain/Allen/DJ/Mitchell...Hali?....starting to get some real talent on D.

I like it.

irishjayhawk
05-02-2006, 06:41 PM
I think Surtain is, at the very least, serviceable.
I figured he was obvious. Perhaps I should have clarified: no serviceable corners at the #2 spot.

Apparently you can't infer or assume anything. :banghead: I have learned my lesson.

BigRock
05-02-2006, 06:42 PM
This isn't another one of those "some joker somewhere on a message board claims they heard something on the radio and then it spreads to a dozen other boards" story, is it? I mean... posters here, good honest people, really heard Clayton say this?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2006, 06:46 PM
This isn't another one of those "some joker somewhere on a message board claims they heard something on the radio and then it spreads to a dozen other boards" story, is it? By which I mean that people here, good honest people, really heard Clayton say this?

I hate to be the bubble burster, but he said it last year too. The year before he said the Chiefs were gonna win the superbowl. Clayton is a closet Chiefs fan. When I lived in Seattle (where he lives) he did a sports radio show on saturday mornings. I called and talked Chiefs football with him a couple of times and both times he wouldn't let me go. He wanted to discuss offseason moves, and my opinions of the direction of the team. He's actually a pretty gracious guy. Definately a Chiefs fan though.

dtebbe
05-02-2006, 06:50 PM
IT"S THE BIIIIG FIIIIGG NEWWWWTOOOON!

Yea!

DT

blueballs
05-02-2006, 06:50 PM
but does Clayton have
season tickets?

BigRock
05-02-2006, 06:51 PM
I hate to be the bubble burster, but he said it last year too.
Yeah, I don't think him saying it means it's 100% true. Clayton also said there was no way Herm Edwards would be KC's next coach.

I was just trying to clarify if people actually heard this or if "Clayton said on the radio..." is just a rumor that's circulating the KC boards. If someone here says they heard it, that's plenty good enough for me.

plbrdude
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I don't think him saying it means it's 100% true. Clayton also said there was no way Herm Edwards would be KC's next coach.

I was just trying to clarify if people actually heard this or if "Clayton said on the radio..." is just a rumor that's circulating the KC boards. If someone here says they heard it, that's plenty good enough for me.

I Know Nothing... Nothing

MahiMike
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Only problem is his price doubled after the draft. Or maybe Herm, Carl and Ty had this all planned back in September - just like the HC job.

OldTownChief
05-02-2006, 07:09 PM
I refuse to ever post in a Ty Law thread until I see him running out on the field with an Arrowhead on the side of his face..........uh...

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2006, 07:11 PM

Well if Roy says he heard it, it is golden to me.

BigRock
05-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Well if Roy says he heard it, it is golden to me.
Me too, I just wasn't sure if that's what he was saying. If I'm an idiot for not grasping the obvious, kindly disregard my posts in this thread. :)

hypersensitiveZO6
05-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Wow a Cover 2 Defense with Law, Surtain, and Jared and Tamba. like it.

kc-nd
05-02-2006, 07:33 PM
How do you get Super Bowl tickets and what city is it in so that I can reserve a room?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Me too, I just wasn't sure if that's what he was saying. If I'm an idiot for not grasping the obvious, kindly disregard my posts in this thread. :)

I wasn't trying to be a dick to you. I was just trying to confirm your question. Sorry if it came across otherwise :)

Bowser
05-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Bartee will NEVER give up #24.

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 08:00 PM
King Carl must have read Whitlocks latest and decided, this guy is always wrong, but maybe this time he might be right.

BigRock
05-02-2006, 09:23 PM
I wasn't trying to be a dick to you. I was just trying to confirm your question. Sorry if it came across otherwise :)
Naw, it didn't come off like that at all. I was just trying to be clear with what I meant.

nychief
05-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Interest in Ty Law fades
Permalink Posted by — Mike Sando @ 02:42:26 pm

Ruskell, Tim smaller.jpgSeahawks president Tim Ruskell (left) gave the obligatory "never-say-never" response when asked if the selection of CB Kelly Jennings closed the book on adding veteran CB Ty Law, but it was clear from hearing him speak that adding Law would be a surprise at this point. He said the team's interest in Law was contingent on what happened in the draft. With a first-round corner onboard, we all know what that means.

Ruskell said Jennings was the only corner available that the team would have taken with the 31st overall pick. That rules out Virginia Tech's Jimmy Williams, who just went to Atlanta in the second round. Ruskell said the Seahawks used most of their allotted 15 minutes because that's the smart thing to do; he said you might as well listen to any offers even if you want to take a certain player.

Asked about Jennings' size (less than 180 pounds), Ruskell said durability should not be a problem because Jennings started a ton of games in a row at Miami. Ruskell also said he thought Jennings was more consistent game to game than the other corners they scouted.
Categories: NFL Draft, 2006 Seahawks Dr

Rausch
05-02-2006, 09:30 PM
The fact that he was coming here to talk to us hasn't been a very big secret. I'm all for signing him, I was all for signing him last year. We still have to get a better pass rush even if we do sign him though. Does give us more flexibility though.

Flexibility?

I'd say it moves our CB's to top 5 in the NFL, perhaps even the top pair in the NFL.

Delano
05-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow a Cover 2 Defense with Law, Surtain, and Jared and Tamba. like it.

Hali hasn't played a single down in the NFL. ROFL

The Bad Guy
05-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Flexibility?

I'd say it moves our CB's to top 5 in the NFL, perhaps even the top pair in the NFL.

Easily the best tandem in the NFL.

If we get Law, Gunther has enough rope to hang himself.

If Hali pans out, we have two pass rushers. A real good linebacker core and two shutdown corners.

This has to happen.

Rausch
05-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Easily the best tandem in the NFL.

If we get Law, Gunther has enough rope to hang himself.

If this does happen there is absolutely no excuse (outside of Jets-level injuries) for this defense to be anything other than top 15. None.

I love Gun, but if we're not top 15 after getting Law I'll be calling for his head...

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 09:47 PM

Again, I first read it on another BB, Not WPI. I tuned into ESPN and about an hour later, he was on and mentioned it then.

As I have stated as well in another thread, it could be info to him from the Postons so other teams can enter the bidding ASAP.

As much as Clayton didn't mention anything about it on Sports Center at 5:00 pm.

Friday is several days off........ Take it for what it's worth.

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 09:48 PM
I will believe it when I see it. Does Law still want 10 mil is a signing bonus?

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I will believe it when I see it. Does Law still want 10 mil is a signing bonus?

Clayton didn't give #'s, just that it looked like a 3 - 4 year deal.

IMHO, I can't see anything over 3 with his age........

As much as Clayton didn't mention it on Sports Center but yet an 1 1/2 before @ 3:30, I heard him in a report on ESPN radio.

Go figure.......... I'm kinda like many here are, I'll believe it when King Carl announces it.

Rausch
05-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Clayton didn't give #'s, just that it looked like a 3 - 4 year deal.

IMHO, I can't see anything over 3 with his age........

As much as Clayton didn't mention it on Sports Center but yet an 1 1/2 before @ 3:30, I heard him in a report on ESPN radio.

Go figure.......... I'm kinda like many here are, I'll believe it when King Carl announces it.

Were you in Jefferson City in the last week?

Moooo
05-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Does this mean I won't be screaming at the television when I see Plaxico Burress being covered by the #2 corner?

I don't know why Gunther doesn't assign players to his CBs, but MAN that'd drive me nuts!

Moooo

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Were you in Jefferson City in the last week?

Nope, it wasn't me ........

Rausch
05-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Nope, it wasn't me ........

Good.

My normal greeting of "HEY ****head!" likely wouldn't have gone over well with a gentleman his size...

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Good.

My normal greeting of "HEY ****head!" likely wouldn't have gone over well with a gentleman his size...

ROFL Were you drunk ?

Rausch
05-02-2006, 10:33 PM
ROFL Were you drunk ?

Oddly enough, no.

Even more odd, I had just gotten back from going over the benefits for a teaching position (that I landed.) :)

J Diddy
05-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Hali hasn't played a single down in the NFL. ROFL

neither did derrick thomas until his first game.

Moooo
05-02-2006, 10:40 PM
neither did derrick thomas until his first game.

Courtney Brown didn't either

Is the glass half empty or half full?

Mooo

SBK
05-02-2006, 10:44 PM

Mooo

What glass?

ROARRRRRR

Skyy God
05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Only problem is his price doubled after the draft. Or maybe Herm, Carl and Ty had this all planned back in September - just like the HC job.

Uh, I'm pretty sure asking prices go down, not up, after the draft.

beer bacon
05-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Uh, I'm pretty sure asking prices go down, not up, after the draft.

You are forgetting that the Postons operate in bizarro world.

CoMoChief
05-02-2006, 11:29 PM
I dont see this really happening. It seems possible, but we wouldnt be that lucky.

redngold85
05-03-2006, 12:13 AM
I dont see this really happening. It seems possible, but we wouldnt be that lucky.

judging by past Chiefs history...I'd agree with you, and I still haven't seen anything on ESPN about it (maybe I've just been missing it)...but I don't know, I kinda feel like they'll pull this one out

Rausch
05-03-2006, 12:29 AM
You are forgetting that the Postons operate in bizarro world.

You are forgetting that the Postons no longer have ANY leverage since an agent is judged by his list of clients...

greg63
05-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Who's JW?

05-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Who's JW?
Jimmy the weasel.

mikey23545
05-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Oddly enough, no.

Even more odd, I had just gotten back from going over the benefits for a teaching position (that I landed.) :)

Many, many congratulations, dude!!!!

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Ultra Peanut
05-03-2006, 04:44 AM

MoooThe glass is 32% full. The point is, there's still some water left in that glass.

I wouldn't drink it, though. Everyone knows the last third is backwash.

Pants
05-03-2006, 04:59 AM
The glass is 32% full. The point is, there's still some water left in that glass.

I wouldn't drink it, though. Everyone knows the last third is backwash.

It's important to set up your jokes properly, Mr. President.

ChiefsKing
05-03-2006, 06:04 AM
DB Law sets visit to Titans
Pro Bowl CB could shore up secondary

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Published: Wednesday, 05/03/06

Five-time Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law has made it clear he's interested in playing for the Titans.

On Tuesday, the Titans decided they might as well see for themselves.

Titans General Manager Floyd Reese and agent Carl Poston have arranged for Law to visit Baptist Sports Park next week, though the exact date has not been decided.

"What we'll do is bring him in, give him a physical and let him visit with the coaches and see exactly where we are,'' Reese said. "I don't know what our chances might be (of signing Law), but it's worth an attempt. We'll spend some time with him and see.''

www.tennessean.com/apps/p...30420/1027

Andoverer
05-03-2006, 06:18 AM
DB Law sets visit to Titans
Pro Bowl CB could shore up secondary

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Published: Wednesday, 05/03/06

Five-time Pro Bowl cornerback Ty Law has made it clear he's interested in playing for the Titans.

On Tuesday, the Titans decided they might as well see for themselves.

Titans General Manager Floyd Reese and agent Carl Poston have arranged for Law to visit Baptist Sports Park next week, though the exact date has not been decided.

"What we'll do is bring him in, give him a physical and let him visit with the coaches and see exactly where we are,'' Reese said. "I don't know what our chances might be (of signing Law), but it's worth an attempt. We'll spend some time with him and see.''

www.tennessean.com/apps/p...30420/1027

CONTINUED READING:

Law visited the Seahawks last month. The Browns, Chiefs and Patriots are also interested in him.

Poston said Reese called him Tuesday morning to see if Law was interested in coming to Nashville.

"They expressed interest before the draft and they just wanted to see if Ty is still interested," Poston said. "I told them he was before, and that hasn't changed.''

Law has a big price tag, however, and right now the Titans don't have much money to work with. They could free up at least $9 million by releasing or trading quarterback Steve McNair.

Ultra Peanut
05-03-2006, 06:21 AM
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Warrior5
05-03-2006, 07:58 AM
It ain't gonna happen unless kcnut says it's gonna happen.

Get to work, scoop!

Kclee
05-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Oddly enough, no.

Congrats. Too bad for Ernie Keebler though. But I'm sure you can teach those elves to make a good cookie too.

ROYC75
05-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Like I said, I had a hunch that the Postons told this to Clayton to spark added intrest in Law.

Clayton says it most of the day on the radio and then mentions nothing of it on Sports Center .........

Maybe Postons slide Clayton some coins under the mat to get the info spreading ?

CupidStunt
05-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Outside of the Bernard Pollard reach, this move should allow people to revise their draft grades and consider how smart KC was to take Hali. There isn't a DE behind him and Mario Williams close to as good.

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Outside of the Bernard Pollard reach, this move should allow people to revise their draft grades and consider how smart KC was to take Hali. There isn't a DE behind him and Mario Williams close to as good.

Gil Brandt said this morning that Pollard wasn't a reach.

Ultra Peanut
05-03-2006, 09:24 AM
What does Gil Brandt know?! I read a draft guide!

InChiefsHeaven
05-03-2006, 09:27 AM
WHat the hell is everyones' knock on Pollard? Granted, I don't kow much about him but the film tells a good story...what am I missing?

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
WHat the hell is everyones' knock on Pollard? Granted, I don't kow much about him but the film tells a good story...what am I missing?

We could have picked him in the 4th round...

KcMizzou
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
WHat the hell is everyones' knock on Pollard? Granted, I don't kow much about him but the film tells a good story...what am I missing?I read on Chiefsplanet that he sucks.

InChiefsHeaven
05-03-2006, 09:55 AM
I read on Chiefsplanet that he sucks.
Ah, well, there you go. What was I thinking?
ROFL

InChiefsHeaven
05-03-2006, 09:56 AM
We could have picked him in the 4th round...
By that of course you mean the 5th round, since we didn't have a 4th rounder. Besides, nobody knows how long he would have lasted. I gotta at least give Gun and Herm the benefit of the doubt...

ChiefsOne
05-03-2006, 09:57 AM
I am holding my back on my comments until later in the year.

I remember saying who the hell is this CB from Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Carl lost he freaking mind. Wesley turned out to be pretty good for a few years, now he sucks.

CupidStunt
05-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Gil Brandt said this morning that Pollard wasn't a reach.

Where/when? I'd love to have that for some other f**ckers who seem to think Pollard was a UDFA. :rolleyes:

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 10:13 AM
By that of course you mean the 5th round, since we didn't have a 4th rounder. Besides, nobody knows how long he would have lasted. I gotta at least give Gun and Herm the benefit of the doubt...

I'm not sure he would have lasted to our 3rd, let alone to the 4th.

I'm just repeating what was said -- alot of people on here considered him a 4th-round prospect.

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Where/when? I'd love to have that for some other f**ckers who seem to think Pollard was a UDFA. :rolleyes:

He was on 810 WHB this morning for an interview.

Kclee
05-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Outside of the Bernard Pollard reach, this move should allow people to revise their draft grades and consider how smart KC was to take Hali.

Yes! And we all know how important it is for us to have a good draft grade.

Ultra Peanut
05-03-2006, 11:57 AM
The thing that kills me about "reaches" like Hali and Pollard is that I absolutely love the thought of seeing those two out there in the ol' Ketchup 'n Mustard. Who cares if they were "reaches," especially when we also got an amazing value pick in the third and, arguably, another in the sixth?

ct
05-03-2006, 12:03 PM
The thing that kills me about "reaches" like Hali and Pollard is that I absolutely love the thought of seeing those two out there in the ol' Ketchup 'n Mustard. Who cares if they were "reaches," especially when we also got an amazing value pick in the third and, arguably, another in the sixth?

... and 5th. I'm still of the opinion that Maxey was about equal value of any CB after Griffen was picked, just ahead of our 2nd round pick. Marshall and Youboty did NOT appear to be any fit for a Cover2 whatsoever, so that downgrades the value a ton for us. So by waiting 3 rounds, we essitially got the same potential at the position. And I'm not one that feels he will move to FS.

greg63
05-03-2006, 03:49 PM
... and 5th. I'm still of the opinion that Maxey was about equal value of any CB after Griffen was picked, just ahead of our 2nd round pick. Marshall and Youboty did NOT appear to be any fit for a Cover2 whatsoever, so that downgrades the value a ton for us. So by waiting 3 rounds, we essitially got the same potential at the position. And I'm not one that feels he will move to FS.

Many here believe that the fourth round pick was very bad though; I think he'll have to prove himself.

ROYC75
07-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Well what do ya know, It wasn't FRIDAY as Clayton spoke of.

And the 3 days turned into 82 fuggin days........

John Clayton be damned..........

Bootlegged
07-24-2006, 02:05 PM
John Clayton is foreskin with ears.