PDA

View Full Version : Suns got Screwed

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:15 PM
This may seem like old news but they got so hosed Sunday. Diaw calling time out a foot away from the ref before the jump ball was called has been played on ESPN, and of course this picture is just infuriating. Yep, I'm a homer, but how come it seems the calls do seem to ever go against the bigger market teams when it comes to deciding the game?

Sorry if this has been discussed; didn't see it.

KC Dan
05-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the posts got moved to the whiny bitch section of the board.

:deevee:

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:17 PM
That's not nice; or clever.

I had attached a photo to go with this but didn't show up. My bad; I'll try again.

icepick64
05-02-2006, 04:20 PM
from what I understand is you have to have the ball to call timeout?

kcxiv
05-02-2006, 04:20 PM
just like Kobe got hacked at the end of game 1. Get over it and move on. 3-1 GOOO LAKERS

58-4ever
05-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah, well that's the NBA. The Wizards got screwed when LeBron took about 4 steps too many with his game winning "shot". Human error, take it or leave it.

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:21 PM
This may seem like old news but they got so hosed Sunday. Diaw calling time out a foot away from the ref before the jump ball was called has been played on ESPN, and of course this picture is just infuriating. Yep, I'm a homer, but how come it seems the calls do seem to ever go against the bigger market teams when it comes to deciding the game?

Sorry if this has been discussed; didn't see it.

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, well that's the NBA. The Wizards got screwed when LeBron took about 4 steps too many with his game winning "shot". Human error, take it or leave it.

I know, the stars are allowed 4 or 5 steps. Look at the picture, see where the refs are and tell me this wasn't a major F-up. I don't usually bitch about officiating, but this, along with ignoring Diaw calling for a time out put me over the top.

kcxiv
05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
So glad the ref was looking at the ball :) Its just our gift back from game 1. Pay back slappies payback.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:25 PM

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:25 PM
from what I understand is you have to have the ball to call timeout?

I don't believe so; just possession. Otherwise ESPN's been making a big deal about nothing as far as that goes.

KC Dan
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks, I was just looking for that pic cause he seems to need to view it again!

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
It's just the Lakers. Soooooooo many great memories.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Still my favorite.

KC Dan
Horry's?

fan4ever
just like Kobe got hacked at the end of game 1. Get over it and move on. 3-1 GOOO LAKERS

Do you mean where Kobie decided it was a track meet and took off on a 4 1/2 step sprint under the bucket? He missed so they didn't call traveling. He got hit in the noggin and cried about it like somebody was sodomising him.

58-4ever
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
If the MVP was hitting clutch shots (which he's not btw) you wouldn't even have to worry about the officiating. Nash has had chances to put the Suns in control of this series. Kobe has shown who the real MVP is.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Do you mean where Kobie decided it was a track meet and took off on a 4 1/2 step sprint under the bucket? He missed so they didn't call traveling. He got hit in the noggin and cried about it like somebody was sodomising him. ROFL

Yea they have been calling the step rule hella strict for sometime now. :rolleyes:

Bottom line was the Suns had the game and blew it. There were a number of calls that went both ways. Lamar had a bad call against him near the end of the game too. Suns have now lost 4 out of the last 5 games against the Lakers. Lakers are just a better team. They are also getting a hell of a lot of salary room over the next 2 years so you better get used to seeing the purple and gold.

Miles
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah it may have been a bad call but it happens. Its easy to keep looking back at calls or non calls that hurt your team while ignoring ones that do (Could have called a foul on the Kobe layup at the end of regulation).

Would have helped if Nash would have played better during the stretch.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Horry's?

I would love to have the large digital copy of that. I have the big picture of Fisher's shot over the Spurs but can't find the Horry one. They sell it at Staples for WAY too much money.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah it may have been a bad call but it happens. Its easy to keep looking back at calls or non calls that hurt your team while ignoring ones that do (Could have called a foul on the Kobe layup at the end of regulation).

Thomas played one hell of a game.

Psyko Tek
05-02-2006, 04:36 PM
the ref's ain't beating us,
we're being beat by a team we have owned for 2 straight years

we're not running, or rebounding, or playing good d

that ain't the ref's fault

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM

You did a better job on the boards last game.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
One more old school

Psyko Tek
05-02-2006, 04:40 PM
You did a better job on the boards last game.

yeah but they gotta run,

that's how nash creates and beats the other team
then marion gets hie groove going and everybody scores...

on both teams

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks, I was just looking for that pic cause he seems to need to view it again!

What are you, twelve? Owwwieeee, that hurt!

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:43 PM

True, if we were playing our game better, and Marion hadn't disappeared this series, the poor calls wouldn't be an issue. It's nice you're taking the high road on this, but personally I still think that game was taken away from us, and not by the Lakers.

BIG_DADDY
yeah but they gotta run,

that's how nash creates and beats the other team
then marion gets hie groove going and everybody scores...

on both teams

All the games went under. That's a good thing for the Lakers.

KC Dan
What are you, twelve? Owwwieeee, that hurt!
no, 13 nOOb

Miles
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM

Kurt Thomas geting hurt and Stoudamire geting injured again hasn't helped the Suns chances too much.

RedDread
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060427/capt.pnu11304270535.lakers_suns_basketball_pnu113.jpg

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:49 PM
ROFL

Yea they have been calling the step rule hella strict for sometime now. :rolleyes:

Bottom line was the Suns had the game and blew it. There were a number of calls that went both ways. Lamar had a bad call against him near the end of the game too. Suns have now lost 4 out of the last 5 games against the Lakers. Lakers are just a better team. They are also getting a hell of a lot of salary room over the next 2 years so you better get used to seeing the purple and gold.

C'mon. Comparing a "coulda been" foul to what happened at the end of that game is ridiculous. If we're going to do that, Kobie charged into Nash on his big dunk in the last game in Phoenix, but you didn't see me complaining about that...that kind of thing is part of the game. I don't see how you can be intellectually honest and look at that picture and say the ref's didn't f-up big time. On the other topic, I don't spend my time loathing the Lakers; they are plenty others who are doing that for a myriad of reasons.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Kurt Thomas geting hurt and Stoudamire geting injured again hasn't helped the Suns chances too much.

Thomas played great. NBA.com is showing every angle of the miracle ending if you want to check it out.

Seriously, the Lakers are going to get much better over the next couple years. The Suns are a scrappy team and not out of it yet. If they let the Lakers dictate the temo in this next game though they will be going fishin.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM
C'mon. Comparing a "coulda been" foul to what happened at the end of that game is ridiculous. If we're going to do that, Kobie charged into Nash on his big dunk in the last game in Phoenix, but you didn't see me complaining about that...that kind of thing is part of the game. I don't see how you can be intellectually honest and look at that picture and say the ref's didn't f-up big time. On the other topic, I don't spend my time loathing the Lakers; they are plenty others who are doing that for a myriad of reasons.

I think anyone who lets another team do what they did to them doesn't deserve to win. I actually like the Suns though and some of their players and wish you all the best when you're not playing the Lakers.

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM

Yes, it does happen. I'm not so much a homer that I don't realize what we get away with; most games end up pretty even on that score. There are always judgement calls. A guy, standing out of bounds while tying up another player and being granted a jump ball isn't a judgement call; it's a huge frickin' mistake by the refs that cost the Suns that game.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes, it does happen. I'm not so much a homer that I don't realize what we get away with; most games end up pretty even on that score. There are always judgement calls. A guy, standing out of bounds while tying up another player and being granted a jump ball isn't a judgement call; it's a huge frickin' mistake by the refs that cost the Suns that game.

You are assuming you guys could even get the ball in play.

fan4ever
no, 13 nOOb

A witty 13 at that.

Megbert
if you look at the pic walton is definitely out of bounds and it looks like the other laker is too while attempting to cause a jump ball. Didn't think you could get a jump ball call while being out of bounds. Yeah Yeah payback for the Kobe hack whatever that happened in game 2 with Nash getting called for a block instead of kobe getting called for the charge. Refs miss shit and it sucks especially when it goes against the team you like. It especially sucks when it has a bearing on the outcome of the game.

morphius
05-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Welcome to reason number one I don't watch the NBA, the refs.

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 05:00 PM
You are assuming you guys could even get the ball in play.

That was actually funny. I figure the odds were finally in our favor.

Megbert
05-02-2006, 05:00 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060427/capt.pnu11304270535.lakers_suns_basketball_pnu113.jpg
CHARGE!

Psyko Tek
05-02-2006, 05:06 PM
hey this is getting a little nasty in spots

calm down guys
it's only the NBA....

not like it's football or something

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 05:06 PM
CHARGE!

You don't have the other angle on that picture do you? ;)

morphius
05-02-2006, 05:07 PM
CHARGE!
I thought they got rid of charging under the basket so that the refs could justify all the no calls on Shaq when he was under the basket, or am I mistaken?

kcxiv
05-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Do you mean where Kobie decided it was a track meet and took off on a 4 1/2 step sprint under the bucket? He missed so they didn't call traveling. He got hit in the noggin and cried about it like somebody was sodomising him.3-1 is all that matters. Suns cant even score 100 points. regular season average of 109. The lakers just broke them down.

BIG_DADDY
05-02-2006, 05:13 PM
I wonder why it is so hard to get pictues. I called Getty Images and got that Fisher shot and asked about getting the Hory one too. He said they get requests for that picture daily but it's not one they released. I was like WTF, that doesn't make any sense at all.

fan4ever
05-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Well guys, tonight could make all this a mute point. If the Lakers win, it's all over...but that ain't gonna happen. It's light up time.

Enjoyed talking with you although so many are so wrong in so many ways.

irishjayhawk
05-02-2006, 06:53 PM
I just wanted to point out that in the photo:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=56767&stc=1

The defender is stepping out of bounds with his hand on the ball. That would be out of bounds Suns ball.

Hootie
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM
You know what that picture shows me...absolutely nothing. If you're trying to prove your point, at least post something that doesn't contradict it.

Hootie
05-02-2006, 06:57 PM
I just wanted to point out that in the photo:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=56767&stc=1

The defender is stepping out of bounds with his hand on the ball. That would be out of bounds Suns ball.
lol.

And the referee can watch everything in slow motion when he's making a deciding call.

Hootie
05-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Welcome to reason number one I don't watch the NBA, the refs.
then why do you watch the NFL?

irishjayhawk
05-02-2006, 07:01 PM
lol.

And the referee can watch everything in slow motion when he's making a deciding call.
I'm just saying it's a moot point with a time out or that it could be construed as controversial, when clearly it isn't.

irishjayhawk
05-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Oh and I really could care less about the NBA or the game, quite frankly.

kcxiv
05-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Oh and I really could care less about the NBA or the game, quite frankly.yes you took the time to click on this thread and reply a few times to something you could care less about.

irishjayhawk
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Just because people read threads, doesn't mean they have anything invested in the thread. I saw something and thought I'd share my observation.

kcxiv
05-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Also, on that picture, you cannot tell if Lukes hands were on the ball. you can speculate all you want, but just like in football, i would think you need proof without a shadow of a doubt. IN that picture you just cannot tell, you cansee him reaching in trying to get a hold of the ball, but you cannot see his hand on the ball. And how long was his foot actually on the line? did he pull it back when he did touch the ball? Just to hard to tell.

morphius
05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
then why do you watch the NFL?
I don't see the NFL refs try to bring the games back to even all the time when one team pulls away. Sure the NFL refs are not the best, and they do screw up a game from time to time. But really, the NBA refs look like they are one step away from the WWE.

Miles
05-02-2006, 09:32 PM
yes you took the time to click on this thread and reply a few times to something you could care less about.

Come one you know he wants to chime in with some crap comment about how NBA players cant hit a midrange jumper or don't play defense.

Miles
05-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Thomas played great. NBA.com is showing every angle of the miracle ending if you want to check it out.

Seriously, the Lakers are going to get much better over the next couple years. The Suns are a scrappy team and not out of it yet. If they let the Lakers dictate the temo in this next game though they will be going fishin.

Other Thomas you are thinking of and yeah that was damn great finish. Even though my Rockets were a complete disappointment this year the playoffs have still been great.

If the Lakers and in particular Kobe can keep up this Phil Jackson style of play I think they have some nice upside. I don't know if Jackson deserves all of the credit but they have been playing by far much better team basketball in this series than they did in the regular season.

irishjayhawk
05-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Also, on that picture, you cannot tell if Lukes hands were on the ball. you can speculate all you want, but just like in football, i would think you need proof without a shadow of a doubt. IN that picture you just cannot tell, you cansee him reaching in trying to get a hold of the ball, but you cannot see his hand on the ball. And how long was his foot actually on the line? did he pull it back when he did touch the ball? Just to hard to tell.
I was also using what I had seen in the numerous replays ESPN has run since my roomies are big NBA fans.