PDA

View Full Version : 8 Ball Bracket

OldTownChief
05-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know how to layout an 8 ball tournament bracket for the wall in a bar? It will be a 16 player max double elimination tourn.

CHENZ A!
05-03-2006, 02:17 AM
problem with double elim is in the final 1 may have to win 2 games, do you want a winners pool, and a losers pool?

ArrowheadHawk
05-03-2006, 03:26 PM
try this
http://www.darters.com/brackets/16_team_double_bracket_1of2.htm
and
http://www.darters.com/brackets/16_team_double_bracket_2of2.htm

Bob Dole
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
problem with double elim is in the final 1 may have to win 2 games, do you want a winners pool, and a losers pool?

The other problem is that if you play each match "2 out of 3" in both brackets and there are some marginal players, it can take 5+ hours to finish the damned tourney.

OldTownChief
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
I found this one that should work well for us. We will have a lot of weeks that only 8 or10 might show up (small town bar) so I needed something to make byes simple. Thanks for the responses.

1) Draw names, and insert in order of the numeric seeding, i.e. insert first name into "1", the second name into "2", etc. These seedings jump around the bracket to spread evenly through the bracket, giving earlier draws slightly more favorable placement with respect to Byes.

2) Empty seeds are "Byes" (For example if you have only 5 players in an 8-player bracket, 6, 7, and 8 are "Byes). Write in "Bye", and treat as a player who loses every match. If Bye plays Mike, Mike wins and Bye loses.

3) In the first matches of the bracket, insert winners' names to right, losers' to the left. Subsequently, insert winners to right, and losers from the winner's bracket into the indicated slots within the loser's bracket.

4) The winner of the winner's bracket and the winner of the loser's bracket play for the championship. Since this is double elimination, the winner's bracket winner must only win one match to be the overall winner, the loser's bracket winner must win two matches.

OldTownChief
05-03-2006, 08:54 PM

Winner take all. The losers bracket winner has to beat the winners bracket winner twice.