KEEP IT UP

GOT THIS TODAY IN THE OLD EMAIL

Your Quit Date is:Thursday, March 02, 2006 at 12:00:00 AM
Time Smoke-Free:61 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes and 22 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked:1226
Lifetime Saved:9 days, 8 hours
Money Saved:$251.93

WHO'S BETTER THAN YOU TODAY?
You've made it! A whole 2 months without a cigarette! In that time, you've successfully navigated the physical chaos of withdrawal, the emotional highs and lows of early quit, and the pitfalls of relapse!

Countless times you've refused the offered cigs. More times than that you've craved nicotine, but opted for health, instead. You've endured teasing, lack of support, and feeling uncomfortable and out of place among smokers. You may have had issues with weight, anger, tension or sadness, but still you stayed SMOKE-FREE!

You're adjusting to a whole new lifestyle. You're already thinking different thoughts. You've changed habits and routines. You've made new friends and, perhaps, let go of some old ones. You're starting to realize the benefits of living a SMOKE-FREE life. More and more, you see yourself as a non-smoker. We hope you're as proud of you as we are.

And while you've been doing all this for yourself, you've been helping everyone here at the Q: your membership in our community, whether active or passive, has demonstrated an ongoing support of the efforts of all of us. We hope you stay with us as you continue your SMOKE-FREE journey to a fuller, richer, healthier life.

QuitTipofTheDay!
Hang Out In Non-Smoking Places

Spending time in non-smoking places is a good way to get accustomed to being a non-smoker. Go to a library or bookstore and browse through books. Take your time and enjoy yourself! Look up things you've always wanted to learn about. Find a good novel or magazine. While you're there, take note of all the people who are busy reading or studying without smoking. You're one of them!

Read More Quit Tips

plbrdude
05-02-2006, 07:12 PM
:thumb: :clap: PBJ
keep on keepin' on

Rooster
05-02-2006, 07:14 PM
:clap: :clap: Congrats :clap: :clap:

ChiefFripp
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
You just pissed off Philip Morris.

Over-Head
05-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Good job. I wish I could say that.
I got the flu 46 days ago, by day 3 I didn’t even want a smoke, day 4 I came around and said "hell I went 4 days I can go 5".
Been doing that ever since.
When I wake up in the morning I’ll say to my wife , "I went 43, bet I can go 44".
Just going one day at a time .
And seems to be working for me.

Age 16-21 about a pack a week, I was in rock bands so only smoked when I played
Age 22-35 Spent this part of my life on the highway, 2 packs a day and generally another half pack at night.
Age 35- present about a pack a day.

Over-Head
05-02-2006, 07:21 PM
You just pissed off Philip Morris.
I put the fuggers kid through college, he can kiss my azz

Mr. Flopnuts
05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
AWESOME MAN!!!!!!!

KEEP IT UP

GOT THIS TODAY IN THE OLD EMAIL

Your Quit Date is:Thursday, March 02, 2006 at 12:00:00 AM
Time Smoke-Free:61 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes and 22 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked:1226
Lifetime Saved:9 days, 8 hours
Money Saved:$251.93

You've made it! A whole 2 months without a cigarette! In that time, you've successfully navigated the physical chaos of withdrawal, the emotional highs and lows of early quit, and the pitfalls of relapse!

Countless times you've refused the offered cigs. More times than that you've craved nicotine, but opted for health, instead. You've endured teasing, lack of support, and feeling uncomfortable and out of place among smokers. You may have had issues with weight, anger, tension or sadness, but still you stayed SMOKE-FREE!

You're adjusting to a whole new lifestyle. You're already thinking different thoughts. You've changed habits and routines. You've made new friends and, perhaps, let go of some old ones. You're starting to realize the benefits of living a SMOKE-FREE life. More and more, you see yourself as a non-smoker. We hope you're as proud of you as we are.

And while you've been doing all this for yourself, you've been helping everyone here at the Q: your membership in our community, whether active or passive, has demonstrated an ongoing support of the efforts of all of us. We hope you stay with us as you continue your SMOKE-FREE journey to a fuller, richer, healthier life.

QuitTipofTheDay!
Hang Out In Non-Smoking Places

Spending time in non-smoking places is a good way to get accustomed to being a non-smoker. Go to a library or bookstore and browse through books. Take your time and enjoy yourself! Look up things you've always wanted to learn about. Find a good novel or magazine. While you're there, take note of all the people who are busy reading or studying without smoking. You're one of them!

Read More Quit Tips

Where did you get this email from?

SLAG
05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Where did you get this email from?
www.quitnet.com

The American Cancer Society has some Great Resources including telephone counslers that bug the shit out of you lol

Frazod
05-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I got the flu 46 days ago, by day 3 I didn’t even want a smoke, day 4 I came around and said "hell I went 4 days I can go 5".
Been doing that ever since.
When I wake up in the morning I’ll say to my wife , "I went 43, bet I can go 44".
Just going one day at a time .
And seems to be working for me.

Age 16-21 about a pack a week, I was in rock bands so only smoked when I played
Age 22-35 Spent this part of my life on the highway, 2 packs a day and generally another half pack at night.
Age 35- present about a pack a day.

Congratulations. I'm going on 9 months now.

Nice to be able to see out of the window of your truck, isn't it? That's probably the most noticable thing to me personally - everything is cleaner. No ashes, no dirty ashtrays (with the slowly building mountain of brown goo in the middle), no layer of brown slime coating the windshield, TV and monitor. And the amount of dust around the house/car seems to have been cut by about 75%.

Keep it up.

Over-Head
05-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Congratulations. I'm going on 9 months now.

Nice to be able to see out of the window of your truck, isn't it? That's probably the most noticable thing to me personally - everything is cleaner. No ashes, no dirty ashtrays (with the slowly building mountain of brown goo in the middle), no layer of brown slime coating the windshield, TV and monitor. And the amount of dust around the house/car seems to have been cut by about 75%.

Keep it up.

Had a couple of the framers come walking by me yesterday in the house I’m finishing off, all I could think to my self, was , "holy **** did I used to smell like that? They reeeeked of cigarettes
I noticed today for the first time my car doesn’t stink anymore.
I never used the ashtray anyway, I always used a Tim Hortons cup and threw it out when I got to the job site.

And man is food ever tasting better.

plbrdude
05-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Had a couple of the framers come walking by me yesterday in the house I’m finishing off, all I could think to my self, was , "holy **** did I used to smell like that? They reeeeked of cigarettes
I noticed today for the first time my car doesn’t stink anymore.
I never used the ashtray anyway, I always used a Tim Hortons cup and threw it out when I got to the job site.

And man is food ever tasting better.

amazing isn't it?

Adept Havelock
05-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Well Done! At this point, you should be re-discovering that well-prepared food has some incredible subtle tastes that you were unable to experience with all that cig. smoke in your mouth and nose. I remember when I was putting away 2-3 packs a day all I could taste anymore was salt and really hot spices.

/edit- I see you've already discovered this, after re-reading the above thread

Take an evening, and treat yourself to a great meal and drink or few at a really nice place. I promise it will taste better than anything has in a very long time.

Once again, well done. My hat's off to you. :thumb:

UteChief
05-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Here's to 44. Great job!

thepascalblaze
05-02-2006, 10:39 PM
I also quit when I had the flu. It was dec. 23rd of last year. Had the flu christmas eve followed by major upper resperitory crud and did the first week too sick to smoke. My experiences have been similar with the smells and tastes. Its a new world for sure. I'm counting in months now as you will be in a couple of weeks. The best thing, however, is that my youngest (6 yr. old boy) had just said he was gonna smoke when he groes up some time last fall, but the other day he asked why I don't smoke anymore, I told him (again) how bad it is and he said " I'm glad you don't smoke papa. You can live a long time now."

greg63
05-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Congrats! :toast: