PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Defense?

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Will the Chiefs finally have a consistent pass rush??

What are your early predictions for the Defense??

SBK
05-02-2006, 10:45 PM

What are your early predictions for the Defense??

Who needs defense when you have Quentin Griffin?

Moooo
05-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I forsee a slightly better pass rush. If we do land Law, they'll have a few more split seconds, so that ought to make more of a difference than anything.

I forsee a better run defense moreso than pass defense, truthfully.

Moooo

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Who needs defense when you have Quentin Griffin?

LOL yeah we have the Q-Tip, I forgot.

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 10:48 PM
I forsee a slightly better pass rush. If we do land Law, they'll have a few more split seconds, so that ought to make more of a difference than anything.

I forsee a better run defense moreso than pass defense, truthfully.

Moooo

A better Run Defense-how so??

Rausch
05-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Pts allowed?

If we land Law 11th in the NFL.

If we don't 15th...

greg63
05-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Chiefs Defense?

You mean they have one?

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 11:11 PM
You mean they have one?

shit bro I hope so. Seems like last year all over again, a few good picks and waiting on Law to sign.

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
We want the world and we want it

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rausch
05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
We want the world and we want it

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll settle for the Lamar Hunt trophy...

Sure-Oz
05-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Get Law and I think we have a good shot of being a top 15 D.

greg63
05-02-2006, 11:17 PM
shit bro I hope so. Seems like last year all over again, a few good picks and waiting on Law to sign.

I hear ya, however, I fear that Law is a pipe dream.

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 11:19 PM
I'll settle for the Lamar Hunt trophy...

That starts by beating the Donks in Denver-look up the record when we win out there.

#1 key to the season-look at last year, we got stomped in Denver and we never got the division lead back.

#2 Sweep the Faders-should be easy enough.

#3 Lead the NFL in Rushing again-control the clock.

#4 Protect Trent-without useing the best TE in the NFL.

#5 We have to win at home-there is absolutely no feakin excuse to lose a game at Terrorhead!

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 11:21 PM
I hear ya, however, I fear that Law is a pipe dream.

"Pipe" dream- great now you did it-here comes Quicksurfer. :bong:

CoMoChief
05-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Run defense will be top 10 more than likely.

Pass defense will improve if we get Law, but I dont see us improving that much to be honest with ya. I see our pass defense around 20. Face it guys we simply do not have a pass rush and our DT's are shit.

greg63
05-02-2006, 11:48 PM
"Pipe" dream- great now you did it-here comes Quicksurfer. :bong:

ROFLROFL

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH! maybe QuikSStoner was to high to notice.

Rausch
05-02-2006, 11:58 PM
That starts by beating the Donks in Denver-look up the record when we win out there.

No, it starts with winning a ****ing playoff game.

Doesn't matter who we play, where we play, or what round we play.

WIN ONE...

greg63
05-03-2006, 12:04 AM

WIN ONE...

Agreed.

alanm
05-03-2006, 12:22 AM

Pass defense will improve if we get Law, but I dont see us improving that much to be honest with ya. I see our pass defense around 20. Face it guys we simply do not have a pass rush and our DT's are shit.
Therein lies the key. We have to get production from the interior dline. Sims absolutly has to be on the field this season or he's done in KC. If he gets hurt again and misses half the season or better it's time to cut your losses with the guy. Siavi has to get his game in gear also. It's year 3 for him. I hope Browning hangs around a little longer as he can step in just about anywhere. Hopefully one of the rooks impresses and makes the squad as it means one of the weak links has been weeded out.

redngold85
05-03-2006, 12:38 AM

agreed, for the most part...run defense will be good, because it wasn't THAT terrible last year...and as far as Law goes, I'm not sure if one guy can mean that much improvement in the pass defense, so I see maybe mid 20's, just cause you gotta think they improve somewhat....I'd love to be proven wrong and have them end up in the mid teens though...

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 01:05 AM

WIN ONE...

We need to win our division first and that means beating the Donks at home. To me, that will show us what kind of team we have. A team that chokes on the road, under pressure, against last years division winners, or goes up there and knocks the shit out of them on every play.

I like what Herm and Gun are trying to do, they want to shed the "soft" image, and get some high energy, hard hitters, in the line up. If Bell can come back and hit like he used too-that would be a plus.

If not we always have Scanlon!! :clap:

milkman
05-03-2006, 08:32 AM

I think with Hali, Allen, and hopefully a healthy Hall, we might see a few more sacks.

But more sacks doesn't necessarily equal more consistent pressure.

To achieve that, we have to hope that Simms (misspelled just for you) can finally stay healthy and step up, and that Dalton can play at the level he played at in '04.

We also have to hope that Siavii begins to show why the Chiefs thought he was a 2nd round pick, and that Ron Edwards brings something to the table.

Can't get consistent pressure without a consistent push up the middle.

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 07:32 PM
I think with Hali, Allen, and hopefully a healthy Hall, we might see a few more sacks.

But more sacks doesn't necessarily equal more consistent pressure.

To achieve that, we have to hope that Simms (misspelled just for you) can finally stay healthy and step up, and that Dalton can play at the level he played at in '04.

We also have to hope that Siavii begins to show why the Chiefs thought he was a 2nd round pick, and that Ron Edwards brings something to the table.

Can't get consistent pressure without a consistent push up the middle.

Nice post-I wish the Cheifs would realize that. It seems like we are basically ignoring that position. :banghead: I wonder if Ty Law can play DT-lol

Maybe Junior spithood finally knows his playbook. The only mean streak we have seen from Junior is-well you know the pathetic story.

el borracho
05-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, Edwards and Hali are new and Sims is (for now) healthy so there is some hope. I would have liked to see the Chiefs draft another big DT but I guess they didn't see one they liked.

I would guess that there is very little improvement in our D without the following:
1) Sims has to stay healthy and perform (could happen).
2) Either Edwards or Siavii have to perform better than last year's DTs (could happen).
3) The Chiefs have to sign Ty Law (could happen) or Battle/ Hodge/ Maxey have to amaze us with their #2 CB skills (less likely).

jspchief
05-03-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm a little worried about the D this year. I guess it will depend on how much Herm tweaks the scheme, and where he makes the tweaks.

I really liked what Gun was doing with our LBs, and hate to think we're going to switch it up too much with them. I could see it being a thing where we improve the pass D, but our run D suffers for it.

Personally, I feel last year's defense was on a better track than a lot of people will give them credit for. If it wasn't for that one horrible Giants game, I think most Chiefs fans would think we were headed in the right direction. We were notably better against the run, and once Warfield returned, our pass D stopped giving up big yards.

Dave Lane
05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
I'd say 18 if we get Law otherwise 22 range.

Dave

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 10:46 PM
I'd say 18 if we get Law otherwise 22 range.

Dave

Maybe they need to watch the tapes of NE SB seasons and how they hit somebody hard on every play.

Even though now it would be called pass interference-lol

dj56dt58
05-03-2006, 11:13 PM
This is nothing like last year. Last year we signed guys left and right and imo had a better draft. This year we've signed nobody of real value(at least on paper)..Last year was much better in terms of off season signings.

Rausch
05-03-2006, 11:19 PM
We need to win our division first-

No, we don't.

The Donks didn't win their division when they won their ring and neither did the Steelers.

They got in the playoffs and WON.

It does no good to get there if you don't win...

Boon
05-03-2006, 11:21 PM
No, we don't.

The Donks didn't win their division when they won their ring and neither did the Steelers.

They got in the playoffs and WON.

It does no good to get there if you don't win...

Exactly. How many Division titles without playoff wins do the Chiefs have now? WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS!!

Simplex3
05-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Exactly. How many Division titles without playoff wins do the Chiefs have now? WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS!!
Just curious, is your username your IQ? ...because "47" would have been easier to remember.

Boon
05-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Just curious, is your username your IQ? ...because "47" would have been easier to remember.

Easy there Skippy Lite!

Simplex3
05-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Easy there Skippy Lite!
I'm kind of feeling the new role now. I think I've found my groove.

Boon
05-03-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm kind of feeling the new role now. I think I've found my groove.

You're doing allright in ypur skippiness.

Whats with your name?
Surely has nothing to do with herpes simplex I hope.

Simplex3
05-03-2006, 11:38 PM
You're doing allright in ypur skippiness.

Whats with your name?
Surely has nothing to do with herpes simplex I hope.
No, a bunch of guys that used to work for me gave me that nickname years ago. They said I was like an irritating rash that kept popping up for our majority partner. It kind of stuck.

Boon
05-03-2006, 11:41 PM
No, a bunch of guys that used to work for me gave me that nickname years ago. They said I was like an irritating rash that kept popping up for our majority partner. It kind of stuck.

Nice guys!
I guess it is easier to say than infetigo.

Simplex3
05-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Nice guys!
I guess it is easier to say than infetigo.
It has a better ring, too.

Boon
05-03-2006, 11:45 PM
It has a better ring, too.

ROFL

Simplex3
05-03-2006, 11:47 PM
ROFL
How the hell can you be here since Oct. of '04 and have that few posts?

Rausch
05-03-2006, 11:48 PM

Boon
05-03-2006, 11:52 PM

Mostly just lurk.
Don't post much.

Found it while searching for Chiefs info
and started reading it daily.

There's some funny sumbitches on the board.
Always a good laugh to be had.

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 11:53 PM

He is an Olb nOOb.

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Mostly just lurk.
Don't post much.

Found it while searching for Chiefs info
and started reading it daily.

There's some funny sumbitches on the board.
Always a good laugh to be had.

Thank you! Last 2 nights someone has tinkled in their pants laughing at one of my post.

My Reggie Bush post-it possibley the funniest this year-so I was told-3 pos. reps.

Simplex3
05-03-2006, 11:58 PM
He is an Olb nOOb.
If I wanted any s**t out of you I'd tell that enormous, hairy Helga you're dating to squeeze your head.

Boon
05-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Thank you! Last 2 nights someone has tinkled in their pants laughing at one of my post.

My Reggie Bush post-it possibley the funniest this year-so I was told-3 pos. reps.

I guess your football related thread kinda went to hell here huh?

Let's hope the Defense does improve. The last few years
have been pure misery to watch. I was hoping the Gunther hiring
would make it better in a hurry. Hope Hali can contribute in a big way this year.

Halfcan
05-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I guess your football related thread kinda went to hell here huh?

Let's hope the Defense does improve. The last few years
have been pure misery to watch. I was hoping the Gunther hiring
would make it better in a hurry. Hope Hali can contribute in a big way this year.

LOL yeah my threads usually train wreck a lot sooner.

greg63
05-04-2006, 07:09 AM
We need to win our division first and that means beating the Donks at home. To me, that will show us what kind of team we have. A team that chokes on the road, under pressure, against last years division winners, or goes up there and knocks the shit out of them on every play.

I like what Herm and Gun are trying to do, they want to shed the "soft" image, and get some high energy, hard hitters, in the line up. If Bell can come back and hit like he used too-that would be a plus.

If not we always have Scanlon!! :clap:

Hey, that's all we need! :D

4th and Long
05-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Hey, that's all we need! :D
Damnit ROY! Get away from greg's computer! :cuss:

:p

MahiMike
05-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Way too early to comment on any kind of strategy. We don't know if any of these kids will even make the team much less an impact. Only way we get better is if Herm can teach 'em cover 2 by September.

BigChiefFan
05-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Ron Edwards may make the team,that should help with some depth on our D-line.