PDA

View Full Version : WOLFMOTHER

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 03:14 PM
I picked it up today...

WOW, pretty fuggin sweet...

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 03:21 PM
For those of you that participated in the new music thread and made comments, I'm really hearing some of them now that I've had a chance to concentrate on it.

Some of it sounds like Zeppelin, some of it sounds like Deep Purple or Black Sabbath, and some of it even has a feel of like Yes or Styx to it.

It's definitely late 70's music...heavy guitars, Hammond organ, good stuff...

Baby Lee
05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
For those of you that participated in the new music thread and made comments, I'm really hearing some of them now that I've had a chance to concentrate on it.

Some of it sounds like Zeppelin, some of it sounds like Deep Purple or Black Sabbath, and some of it even has a feel of like Yes or Styx to it.

It's definitely late 70's music...heavy guitars, Hammond organ, good stuff...
The had the Drummer on Ferrell last night.

Shaggggaduuuuu!!!

NewChief
05-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I love all the crazy zeppelin-esque fantasy lyrics.

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I agree-great band

DMAC
05-04-2006, 08:32 AM

It's definitely late 70's music...heavy guitars, Hammond organ, good stuff...My friend bought the record and said there is even some Jethro Tull type flute playing on it?

Bob Dole
05-04-2006, 11:47 AM
My friend bought the record and said there is even some Jethro Tull type flute playing on it?

There is flute.

Bob Dole doesn't typically like the 70's retro-rock stuff, but this one combines enough elements from different bands (rather than re-hashing a single sound) that's it's pretty interesting.

htismaqe
05-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Yep, there's a flute, and the tempo of that song even sounds kinda like Tull.

But like Bob said, they don't sound like a knockoff. They just sound "influenced".

htismaqe
05-05-2006, 05:29 AM
BBBLLLEEEECCCCHHHHH!!!

Just saw the new iPod + iTunes commercial...

DeepPurple
05-05-2006, 09:14 AM
I saw Wolfmother on Conan O'Brien last night, first time I heard of them, Zeppelin immediately came to mind. I believe Conan said they were from Australia, it was a pleasant surprise because 9 times out of 10 any unknown band on the late night talk shows either suck or rap, which is the same. Right after watching Wolfmother I switched over to see who Jimmy Kimmel had, and I was right, some band from England who sucked.

htismaqe
05-05-2006, 09:45 AM
His voice does sound kinda Robert Plant-ish, but it also sounds a bit like Marc Bolan too...