PDA

View Full Version : LA chokes

hypersensitiveZO6
05-06-2006, 08:40 PM
I am very dissapointed with the Los Angelos Lakers. They are a complete discrace to LA. Leading 3-1, they make Marty look like a good playoff coach.

discusted
hyperlite

chop
05-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Cool, I didn't want to see Kobe go any further in the playoffs. He comes across as one of those chest beating, I'm better than anyone else people that personify everything wrong with sports today.

jspchief
05-06-2006, 09:01 PM
You had to know it was over when they lost in LA without Bell.

Any Laker fan should be happy with them just making the play-offs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Dude, Phil Jackson has 11 f*cking rings, 9 as a coach, and 2 as a player. He is in no way shape or form marty.

DomerNKC
05-06-2006, 09:10 PM
it is funny that mr.wonderful complained about shaq and not getting enough touches. now he has all the touches he wants, and puts up great stats. too bad he wont touch the championship trophy again anytime soon.

burt
05-06-2006, 09:11 PM
it is funny that mr.wonderful complained about shaq and not getting enough touches. now he has all the touches he wants, and puts up great stats. too bad he wont touch the championship trophy again anytime soon.

you love gerbils......

Chiefs Pantalones
05-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Anyone that compares Kobe to MJ should be shot. I always say that and tonight proves it again. No way would MJ go out like Kobe did tonight. Kobe doesn't have that killer instinct that some people say he does. And he doesn't have good sportsmanship, either. He didn't shake any of the Suns' players hands after the game. The NBA isn't what it used to be, but it has been fun to watch, nevertheless.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-06-2006, 09:24 PM

Psyko Tek
05-06-2006, 09:43 PM
the "MVP" hot pulled by his coach for most of the second half...

either the coach ain't a genius
or
the guy ain't MJ

or they are both just trying to work through it

Psyko Tek
05-06-2006, 09:45 PM
LA DID NOT CHOKE...

they were strangled

Sure-Oz
05-06-2006, 11:05 PM
MJ didn't need a big man to win championships like KOBE, MJ had freakin Luc Longley. Kobe might do better if Lamar Odom was like Scottie Pippin, but Odom isn't a bad player at all.

Blitz
05-06-2006, 11:11 PM

This statement just shows you didn't watch the game. Kobe got 23 pts in the first half but in the second half he played the team game and only took 3 shots. What did that lead to? a blowout loss. I think if Kobe went off for his usual 50 points or so, the outcome may have not been different but the game would've been much much closer.

ChiefsFanatic
05-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Kobe is great....if he is standing behind you with his hands around your neck.

That's what she said, anyway.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Dude, Phil Jackson has 11 f*cking rings, 9 as a coach, and 2 as a player. He is in no way shape or form marty.
1 as a player...but good stats though!

Hootie
05-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Kobe is a great player...

LeBron, great player!

Another MJ...never!

ChiefsFanatic
05-07-2006, 02:18 AM

I meant at choking.

Tribal Warfare
05-07-2006, 02:38 AM
LeBron, great player!

Another MJ...never!

Lebron is a unique playerhe brings power in the post like Karl Malone and Oscar Robertson. He then has the Magic/Bird vision and passing ability that makes him a threat that is almost unguardable.

Mojo Rising
05-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Kobe is not a choker. In game 6 he hit clutch shots at the end of both halves. LA played above their talent level in games 2,3, 4 and made everyone believe they were better han they were.

By not dieting, Shaq was more of a factor for their loss to Det a couple years ago than Kobe's rape trial. There was only 1 sensible choice on who to build the franchise.

Smoosh Parker...please. When there is talent around Kobe the Lakers will hang more banners from the rafters. Magic needed Worthy and Jabbar.

the Talking Can
05-07-2006, 06:55 AM

he's got mad skillzs...

kcxiv
05-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Kobe needs more help, His point gaurd sux ass. Smush shouldnt even be playing in the NBA. THe team just gav eup on kobe after game 5. Cannot blame it on himself. IN game 6 when his team couldnt make a basket for the life of them. He had to take over the game and made it close. He had to score 50 for them to even be close. It has nothing to do with Kobe not bieng shit without Shaq. It has to do with Kobe not having the people around him. During games 1-5 his teams were making baskets. Kwame was making everything inside. In game 7 he couldnt hit anything at all. He was missing everything close. I mean what more can Kobe do himself?

The team was very inexperienced and young outside of Kobe. The team will be TONS better next year. after they acquire a few more players to make the team better all around.

Eleazar
05-07-2006, 10:45 AM
What a titanic collapse.

58-4ever
05-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Kobe is not a choker. In game 6 he hit clutch shots at the end of both halves. LA played above their talent level in games 2,3, 4 and made everyone believe they were better han they were.

By not dieting, Shaq was more of a factor for their loss to Det a couple years ago than Kobe's rape trial. There was only 1 sensible choice on who to build the franchise.

Smoosh Parker...please. When there is talent around Kobe the Lakers will hang more banners from the rafters. Magic needed Worthy and Jabbar.

:clap: LA was lucky to make the playoffs with that squad. Odom sucks and he jacks up too many 3s. At least Pippen knew his role. Kobe isn't Michael, but he needs another good player around him that knows how to play with him.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Cannot blame it on himself. IN game 6 when his team couldnt make a basket for the life of them. He had to take over the game and made it close.

Then why didn't he do the same in game 7, genius? He was hot, then he just stops shooting in the second half. That's cowardly or something. I think he was doing that to show his dislike for his teammates, which is pretty pathetic. Kobe is a great player, but he'll never be a legend because he isn't right mentally.

FAX
05-07-2006, 10:53 AM
This was a really strange game in the second half. Kobe took something like a total of 3 shots in the second half. He passed off, waited for a teammate to miss, then played half-hearted defense.

The MJ, Bird, Magic I used to know would have fought to their last breath. Kobe quit. Why? That's what I would like to know.

FAX

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Kobe tried to share the ball and probably should've tried to take over the game. I think he was really trying to get his teammates involved and they didn't hit shit. The better team won the series by far and they should've never been down 3 games to 1. I would be happy if I were a laker fan that they even got this far.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Kobe tried to share the ball and probably should've tried to take over the game. I think he was really trying to get his teammates involved and they didn't hit shit. The better team won the series by far and they should've never been down 3 games to 1. I would be happy if I were a laker fan that they even got this far.

There is no probably though when it comes to game 7s. He's just not right upstairs. I think it's more than just "he was trying to get his team involved." The guy is a weirdo, mentally, his own coach said so.

craneref
05-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I am glad the Suns buried the Lakers and took the opportunity from the refs to tilt the game AGAIN, like they had in a majority of the Laker wins. I had thought the officiating was horrible towards the Suns and was glad to see more than one natianoal sports syndication agree with me! The Suns are a better and classier team and deserved to win, glad they finally just played ball and proved it.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 11:09 AM
There is no probably though when it comes to game 7s. He's just not right upstairs. I think it's more than just "he was trying to get his team involved." The guy is a weirdo, mentally, his own coach said so.
Very true, I don't really care for Kobe, I think he's kind a prick but yeah, MJ, Lebron would've taken that game over, but his coach also said that if he did take it over they would've probably stilll lost and not been that much in the game.

58-4ever
05-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I am glad the Suns buried the Lakers and took the opportunity from the refs to tilt the game AGAIN, like they had in a majority of the Laker wins. I had thought the officiating was horrible towards the Suns and was glad to see more than one natianoal sports syndication agree with me! The Suns are a better and classier team and deserved to win, glad they finally just played ball and proved it.

The Suns were no doubt the better team. They were the 2nd seed! And just how are they 'classier'? I'm glad they won, so I don't have to hear the incessant crying from fans who hate the Lakers.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Very true, I don't really care for Kobe, I think he's kind a prick but yeah, MJ, Lebron would've taken that game over, but his coach also said that if he did take it over they would've probably stilll lost and not been that much in the game.

That shows that Kobe's so-called "amazing competetive drive" isn't so much that. Game over or not, you go out blazing. Phil is just putting it all in Kobe's hands by saying that, IMO. More meaning behind it.

Katipan
05-07-2006, 11:16 AM
well, kobe going on camera saying he didn't even know who roger bell was, has to be my favorite sound bite of the series.

Demonpenz
05-07-2006, 11:16 AM
reminded me of the eagles at the end of the superbowl a couple years back. Just lackadasical

Hootie
05-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Kobe needs more help, His point gaurd sux ass. Smush shouldnt even be playing in the NBA. THe team just gav eup on kobe after game 5. Cannot blame it on himself. IN game 6 when his team couldnt make a basket for the life of them. He had to take over the game and made it close. He had to score 50 for them to even be close. It has nothing to do with Kobe not bieng shit without Shaq. It has to do with Kobe not having the people around him. During games 1-5 his teams were making baskets. Kwame was making everything inside. In game 7 he couldnt hit anything at all. He was missing everything close. I mean what more can Kobe do himself?

The team was very inexperienced and young outside of Kobe. The team will be TONS better next year. after they acquire a few more players to make the team better all around.
wait, shaq isn't a laker, because kobe didn't want to play second fiddle.

Now, it's not Kobe's fault because he has no one around him.

Uhm, yes it is!

and Kobe has Odom.

Jordan had Pippen.

Jordan won 6 titles with Pippen.

He could've won 10 in a row if he wanted to.

It's time to face the facts...Kobe can try as hard as he wants to, but when it's all said and done...he's no MJ.

MJ would have never missed that game winning shot game 6. MJ would've created a much better shot, and then hit it.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I don't really think anyone can hold MJ's jock, I think Lebron definetly has a shot though, he is starting to show that instinct and the 2nd coming of MJ. Kobe will never be there, I really don't know if he can win it all until he is right in the head. Imagine if MJ had shaq by his side, damn.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't really think anyone can hold MJ's jock, I think Lebron definetly has a shot though, he is starting to show that instinct and the 2nd coming of MJ. Kobe will never be there, I really don't know if he can win it all until he is right in the head. Imagine if MJ had shaq by his side, damn.
why do we have to imagine that? MJ didn't have Shaq, yet the Bulls won it every year anyways...and played only one game 7.

Mojo Rising
05-07-2006, 11:31 AM

The Suns were a better team this year. And probably next year with Stoudamire returning too. I don't know how you measure classier. The horsecollar on Kobe didn't demonstrate it. The ceiling in PHX was also pretty barren if you use that as a measure.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 11:32 AM
why do we have to imagine that? MJ didn't have Shaq, yet the Bulls won it every year anyways...and played only one game 7.
no reason too, im just sayin, the bulls wouldve been unstoppable period, i wonder how the reg. season records would be.

Demonpenz
05-07-2006, 11:34 AM
I know one thing. If shaq was on the bulls that would free up john paxon more and he wouldn't get double teamed as much

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 11:39 AM
MJ didn't need a big man to win championships like KOBE, MJ had freakin Luc Longley. Kobe might do better if Lamar Odom was like Scottie Pippin, but Odom isn't a bad player at all.

MJ had Rodman, who was a glass-eater, Horace Grant, who did just about everything a big man could do and he had Pippen and Ron Harper.
Pippen was a MUCH better player than Odom. Odom is a good player though, but he's not close to the caliber of Pippen.

Yeah, the Lakers blew it up 3-1. But the Kobe/MJ comparisons have to stop.

There is no freaking way anyone would know how Jordan would react to playing with the players that Kobe did. There is no way knowing how Kobe would fair with the players MJ had. It's a ridiculous comparison fueled by people who want to constantly rip Kobe for something. He's not MJ, he never will be MJ. He's Kobe. Who cares already?

The Suns were a freaking two seed and they were down 3-1 to a 7. Suns fans can be happy and celebrate all they want. The Lakers are a terribly flawed team that has two players and one in Kwame Brown that you never know what you're going to get. The fact they were down 3-1 to the Lakers is an indication that they aren't going far either.

Whoever compared Phil Jackson to Marty Schottenheimer is beyond braindead. That is the worst anaology ever.

Congrats, Suns. I respect the team a lot. The Suns/Clips should have a good series.

jspchief
05-07-2006, 11:39 AM
well, kobe going on camera saying he didn't even know who roger bell was, has to be my favorite sound bite of the series.He's not the only one who doesn't know who "Roger" Bell is...

ROYC75
05-07-2006, 11:41 AM
What a titanic collapse.

I heard it was more like a colossal failure ....... :hmmm:

Katipan
05-07-2006, 11:44 AM
He's not the only one who doesn't know who "Roger" Bell is...

sigh

Raja.

I could tell you I knew that.

But well.

You were there for the baseball thread.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 11:44 AM
wait, shaq isn't a laker, because kobe didn't want to play second fiddle.

Now, it's not Kobe's fault because he has no one around him.

Uhm, yes it is!

and Kobe has Odom.

Jordan had Pippen.

Jordan won 6 titles with Pippen.

He could've won 10 in a row if he wanted to.

It's time to face the facts...Kobe can try as hard as he wants to, but when it's all said and done...he's no MJ.

MJ would have never missed that game winning shot game 6. MJ would've created a much better shot, and then hit it.

Shaq isn't a Laker because he pissed off the owner and DEMANDED TO BE TRADED. He demanded to be traded LONG before Kobe even re-signed with the Lakers. He demanded a 30 million dollar contract extension from LA, when Buss scoffed, Shaq showed him up at a preseason game where he dunked the ball and then yelled at Buss, "Pay me my money."

But, don't let your bullshit theories get in the way of reality.

I'm sure every day when Kobe gets up, he thinks, how can I be like MJ? What is wrong with being a dominant player, definitely one of probably the 10 best I will ever see in my lifetime?

Holy hell, so MJ walks on water now? "No way he would miss a game-winning shot?" Is this what you're trying to tell me? I wish I could go back and find how many game winners he missed because making a statement like that is utter lunacy. The Suns played good defense on the shot and it didn't go in. I'm sure Kobe missed it on purpose though because MJ, according to you, would be automatic in that situation.

Kobe is no MJ. Kobe is Kobe. Laker fans accept that. It's sad everyone else can't.

Katipan
05-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Gosh I hope the rest of the world can someday strive to live up to the vast and apparently sole intelligence of the Laker fans.

jspchief
05-07-2006, 11:47 AM
sigh

Raja.

I could tell you I knew that.

But well.

You were there for the baseball thread.To be fair, I wasn't sure if that was a direct quote from Kobe where he was clowning him by calling him Roger.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Shaq isn't a Laker because he pissed off the owner and DEMANDED TO BE TRADED. He demanded to be traded LONG before Kobe even re-signed with the Lakers. He demanded a 30 million dollar contract extension from LA, when Buss scoffed, Shaq showed him up at a preseason game where he dunked the ball and then yelled at Buss, "Pay me my money."

I'm sure every day when Kobe gets up, he thinks, how can I be like MJ? What is wrong with being a dominant player, definitely one of probably the 10 best I will ever see in my lifetime?

Holy hell, so MJ walks on water now? "No way he would miss a game-winning shot?" Is this what you're trying to tell me? I wish I could go back and find how many game winners he missed because making a statement like that is utter lunacy. The Suns played good defense on the shot and it didn't go in. I'm sure Kobe missed it on purpose though because MJ, according to you, would be automatic in that situation.

Kobe is no MJ. Kobe is Kobe. Laker fans accept that. It's sad everyone else can't.

Definetly a great player and that 81 point perf. was pretty insane. It's kinda like bonds great player(cheated) but everyone loves to hate him cuz he isn't mr nice guy and he cheated on his wife yadda yadda. I think everyone wants anotehr MJ, don't think that will ever happen and I really don't watch the nba since MJ retired, only a few playoff games, and i watched the suns/lakers series cuz it was entertaining, i didnt care who won or lost.

kcxiv
05-07-2006, 12:01 PM
why do we have to imagine that? MJ didn't have Shaq, yet the Bulls won it every year anyways...and played only one game 7.MJ had alot better role players then Kobe has now. He has players that can make an open jumper with consistancy. Kobe does not! MJ had, Paxon, Kerr, Kukoc. Who does kobe have that can consistantly hit open jumpers lets see. hmmmmmm not a damn person. Walton showed flashes of it. still young. Sasha too but still very young. Kobe still have alot of time to win it on his own.

And to that person that said Kobe is Kobe and not MJ. Yay, finally. Everyone wants Kobe to be MJ. But how can he be when his name is freaking Kobe Bryant! lol

Lakers will make it past the first round next year, becuase they will have acquired a player or 2 that can play, and the younger guys i mentioned in my previous paragraphs will be a year older and a year smarter.

Kobe will get it done, shit doesnt get done overnight or even in 2 years. It takes time and patience.

jspchief
05-07-2006, 12:02 PM
MJ will always be better in the minds of fans because he had charisma, whereas Kobe is a dick.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Gosh I hope the rest of the world can someday strive to live up to the vast and apparently sole intelligence of the Laker fans.

....or the ability to try to turn fiction into fact like Laker haters.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 12:11 PM
MJ will always be better in the minds of fans because he had charisma, whereas Kobe is a dick.

You're right.

Kobe has done himself zero favors in the public eye.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 12:12 PM
You're right.

Kobe has done himself zero favors in the public eye.
Chiefs fan, Mets fan, laker fan right? You live in philly area?? ROFL How does that happen :P

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Chiefs fan, Mets fan, laker fan right? You live in philly area?? ROFL How does that happen :P

Divine intervention, ha.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Divine intervention, ha.
ROFL

Lima is not doing any favors for you guys today, im assuming this will be only start.

CoMoChief
05-07-2006, 12:54 PM
LA didnt choke, they werent exactly a playoff lock to many NBA fans and analysts to being with. I think you can only call this seasons Lakers team a success rather than a choke job.

Yeah they lost after leading 3-1, but the Suns IMO are the 2nd best team in the NBA, and deserved to win the series anyways. It's not a choke if you're seeded lower than they are. Choke jobs usually simulate with upsets.

I believe it was the Shaq and Kobe days in LA where the NBA changed the series length to 7 games instead of 5 in the first round because everyone wanted to see the Lakers in the NBA Finals and most people figured no one could beat them in a 7 game series as opposed to only a 5 games series in the first round. Sucks when that comes back to bite you in the ass huh?

PS - Steve Nash is a poor man's Kirk Hinrich. Discuss...

Hootie
05-07-2006, 01:03 PM

Kobe shouldn't have stolen the 'fist-pump' if he didn't want the comparisons.

...and I CHALLENGE you to find me a game where Jordan missed a shot, in the playoffs, with his team's back against the wall.

Jordan would've made THAT shot. Game 6, at home, with a less talented team...your only chance is to MAKE THAT SHOT.

Jordan makes the shot. Kobe doesn't.

Kobe is a great player, but if he's going to use the 'fist-pump', back it up.

That's what I'm saying.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 01:05 PM
ROFL

Lima is not doing any favors for you guys today, im assuming this will be only start.

Who knows. With Zambrano out for the year, and Bannister and Maine on the DL, he'll probably start a few more games.

He's god awful. But when you have a big lead already, it's not a big deal.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Kobe shouldn't have stolen the 'fist-pump' if he didn't want the comparisons.

...and I CHALLENGE you to find me a game where Jordan missed a shot, in the playoffs, with his team's back against the wall.

Jordan would've made THAT shot. Game 6, at home, with a less talented team...your only chance is to MAKE THAT SHOT.

Jordan makes the shot. Kobe doesn't.

Kobe is a great player, but if he's going to use the 'fist-pump', back it up.

That's what I'm saying.
Again, your assumptions aren't facts. You have zero way of knowing whether or not MJ would have hit that shot. None. Stop taking your OPINION and trying to turn them into fact.

So now Jordan coined the fist-pump? I think I used the fist-pump once playing basketball. Damn, you mean to tell me now I have to live up to Jordan because I used it?

It just gets better and better.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Who knows. With Zambrano out for the year, and Bannister and Maine on the DL, he'll probably start a few more games.

He's god awful. But when you have a big lead already, it's not a big deal.
im sure if the mets continue to play very well they will make some trades. Beltran needs to stay healthy, hes been hitting some jacks lately.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 01:10 PM
MJ had alot better role players then Kobe has now. He has players that can make an open jumper with consistancy. Kobe does not! MJ had, Paxon, Kerr, Kukoc. Who does kobe have that can consistantly hit open jumpers lets see. hmmmmmm not a damn person. Walton showed flashes of it. still young. Sasha too but still very young. Kobe still have alot of time to win it on his own.

And to that person that said Kobe is Kobe and not MJ. Yay, finally. Everyone wants Kobe to be MJ. But how can he be when his name is freaking Kobe Bryant! lol

Lakers will make it past the first round next year, becuase they will have acquired a player or 2 that can play, and the younger guys i mentioned in my previous paragraphs will be a year older and a year smarter.

Kobe will get it done, shit doesnt get done overnight or even in 2 years. It takes time and patience.
You sound like a complete dumbass.

Paxson, Kerr and Kukoc are the best example of roll players you can give me?

I'm sorry that Jerry Krause put together a better team of minimum salary roll players.

Jordan made players like Smush Parker and Devean George better...Kobe doesn't.

Pippen fed off Jordan, Odom is on his own.

and Luke Walton...WHAT THE **** ARE YOU WATCHING?! After that dreadful series he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA. I was totally rooting for the Lakers...but if Luke Walton takes another ****ing shot down the stretch, in any game for the rest of his career, he should be punched in the back of the head. Jesus Christ.

What player is LA going to bring in that improves the team they already have?

They have all the pieces Phil needed. Phil envisioned Odom as his Pippen, Kobe as his Jordan, and the rest of the pieces were suppose to fall into place.

If I was an LA fan, I'd be pleased by one thing...other than game 7, Kwame Brown looked like he might turn into an inside force after all.

You had better hope Kobe doesn't go back to 'take every shot' Kobe next year, because if he plays as a team player like he did this series, the Lakers could win 50 games and be considered an actual 'contender' next year.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Again, your assumptions aren't facts. You have zero way of knowing whether or not MJ would have hit that shot. None. Stop taking your OPINION and trying to turn them into fact.

So now Jordan coined the fist-pump? I think I used the fist-pump once playing basketball. Damn, you mean to tell me now I have to live up to Jordan because I used it?

It just gets better and better.
assumption? It isn't an assumption.

Any NBA fan, anyone who LIVED in the Jordan era, KNOWS he's making that shot.

Ask any Cavs fan, and Knicks fan, and Pacers fan, any Jazz fan, and Trail Blazer, Laker, Celtic, Super Sonic fan...

ANY FAN OTHER THAN SOMEONE TRYING TO STICK UP FOR HIS BELOVED KOBE...

he makes THAT shot.

...or he passes it off to Kerr (Smush Parker in Kobe's case...WIDE OPEN)

The fact is, Kobe gets the MJ comparisons because he desperately wants to be MJ...he proved that when he took that disaster of a shot. He had a teammate WIDE OPEN.

Jordan, against Utah, had a similar thing happen. HE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN BEFORE THE PLAY EVEN BEGAN. He looked to Kerr and says, "if he comes off, you make the shot." What happens? He comes off, Kerr makes the shot.

You can laugh at these 'assumptions' and how non Laker fans try to compare Kobe to MJ, and how ludicrous that idea is...but the problem starts with Kobe. He forces the comparison.

fan4ever
05-07-2006, 01:20 PM
The Suns were no doubt the better team. They were the 2nd seed! And just how are they 'classier'? I'm glad they won, so I don't have to hear the incessant crying from fans who hate the Lakers.

You're a Laker fan and rather than for them to advance on to playing the Clippers, you're glad they lost so you wouldn't have to hear the incessant crying from fans who hate the Lakers? Wow.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 01:21 PM
You're a Laker fan and rather than for them to advance on to playing the Clippers, you're glad they lost so you wouldn't have to hear the incessant crying from fans who hate the Lakers? Wow.
he's a dumb****.

fan4ever
LA DID NOT CHOKE...

they were strangled

ROFL

Hootie
how can you live in Oklahoma and like the Lakers?

Sounds like someone has a mancrush on Kobe Bryant. Must be an old teenage thing.

Eleazar
05-07-2006, 01:22 PM
NBA stars 10 years ago >>>>> today's NBA stars

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 01:23 PM
assumption? It isn't an assumption.

Any NBA fan, anyone who LIVED in the Jordan era, KNOWS he's making that shot.

Ask any Cavs fan, and Knicks fan, and Pacers fan, any Jazz fan, and Trail Blazer, Laker, Celtic, Super Sonic fan...

ANY FAN OTHER THAN SOMEONE TRYING TO STICK UP FOR HIS BELOVED KOBE...

he makes THAT shot.

...or he passes it off to Kerr (Smush Parker in Kobe's case...WIDE OPEN)

The fact is, Kobe gets the MJ comparisons because he desperately wants to be MJ...he proved that when he took that disaster of a shot. He had a teammate WIDE OPEN.

Jordan, against Utah, had a similar thing happen. HE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN BEFORE THE PLAY EVEN BEGAN. He looked to Kerr and says, "if he comes off, you make the shot." What happens? He comes off, Kerr makes the shot.

You can laugh at these 'assumptions' and how non Laker fans try to compare Kobe to MJ, and how ludicrous that idea is...but the problem starts with Kobe. He forces the comparison.

You need to go back to school and learn the definition of assumption and fact.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Ha, I'm dumb.

That's hysterical coming from an asshat that tries to spin his opinion as fact.

Eat my shit, retard.
Hey, I never said you were dumb. In fact, I'd probably assume you were pretty intelligent.

I was talking about 58_4ever in that post.

What were you saying about assumptions?

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey, I never said you were dumb. In fact, I'd probably assume you were pretty intelligent.

I was talking about 58_4ever in that post.

What were you saying about assumptions?

I know. That's why I deleted the post. My apologies.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 01:26 PM
You need to go back to school and learn the definition of assumption and fact.
so, in your opinion, does Jordan make that shot? Or does he air ball it like Kobe?

Let's also throw one thing in...

Before the shot is taken, it is understood that most likely, this shot meant winning the series if it went in, or losing the series if it did not.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 01:27 PM
im sure if the mets continue to play very well they will make some trades. Beltran needs to stay healthy, hes been hitting some jacks lately.

He's playing great.

The offense is really good.

I just think they need to make a deal now instead of waiting for competiton at the trade deadline.

Zito would be nice, but they shouldn't trade Milledge for him.

fan4ever
05-07-2006, 01:28 PM
The Suns were a better team this year. And probably next year with Stoudamire returning too. I don't know how you measure classier. The horsecollar on Kobe didn't demonstrate it. The ceiling in PHX was also pretty barren if you use that as a measure.

Classy is something like shaking your opponents hands and wishing them well after a well fought series.

Don't know what championships have to do with class. I guess the Raiders are a classier organization than the Chiefs because they have more SuperBowl victories.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 01:29 PM
so, in your opinion, does Jordan make that shot? Or does he air ball it like Kobe?

Let's also throw one thing in...

Before the shot is taken, it is understood that most likely, this shot meant winning the series if it went in, or losing the series if it did not.

I have no way of knowing if Jordan makes that shot and you don't either - that's my point. There are too many variables to consider when trying to take player A out of the equation for player B.

Steve Kerr was a great, great 3-point shooter. The Lakers have zero players like Steve Kerr on the roster. Maybe Jim Jackson, but he's been someone paid to wear a warmup all game instead of getting in there.

Kobe had to take the shot. Suns played good defense. End of story.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I have no way of knowing if Jordan makes that shot and you don't either - that's my point. There are too many variables to consider when trying to take player A out of the equation for player B.

Steve Kerr was a great, great 3-point shooter. The Lakers have zero players like Steve Kerr on the roster. Maybe Jim Jackson, but he's been someone paid to wear a warmup all game instead of getting in there.

Kobe had to take the shot. Suns played good defense. End of story.
Exactly the answer I expected.

I understand the difference between assumption and fact...but in sports, there's a real thin line.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Exactly the answer I expected.

I understand the difference between assumption and fact...but in sports, there's a real thin line.

If MJ hit 100% of his game-winning shots, then yes, I would say you could definitely make the conclusion that he would hit the shot.

But he didn't. He's human. He missed game-winners.

fan4ever
05-07-2006, 01:34 PM
LA didnt choke, they werent exactly a playoff lock to many NBA fans and analysts to being with. I think you can only call this seasons Lakers team a success rather than a choke job.

Yeah they lost after leading 3-1, but the Suns IMO are the 2nd best team in the NBA, and deserved to win the series anyways. It's not a choke if you're seeded lower than they are. Choke jobs usually simulate with upsets.

I believe it was the Shaq and Kobe days in LA where the NBA changed the series length to 7 games instead of 5 in the first round because everyone wanted to see the Lakers in the NBA Finals and most people figured no one could beat them in a 7 game series as opposed to only a 5 games series in the first round. Sucks when that comes back to bite you in the ass huh?

PS - Steve Nash is a poor man's Kirk Hinrich. Discuss...

Separating the word "choke" from losing a 3-1 lead is going to be a hard thing to do. I wonder what word the L.A. papers are using today.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 01:38 PM
If MJ hit 100% of his game-winning shots, then yes, I would say you could definitely make the conclusion that he would hit the shot.

But he didn't. He's human. He missed game-winners.
you need to watch some NBA Finals films (1997, 1998 oughtta do it)...I'd think you'd appreciate my 'assumptions' a bit more.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2006, 02:06 PM
you need to watch some NBA Finals films (1997, 1998 oughtta do it)...I'd think you'd appreciate my 'assumptions' a bit more.

Nope, I remember them.

But unless he's hit every game-winning shot he's taken, I don't need to watch anything to prove my point.

Hootie
05-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Nope, I remember them.

But unless he's hit every game-winning shot he's taken, I don't need to watch anything to prove my point.
I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Kobe doesn't want to be like MJ?

Why does he emulate him, like the fist pump that Jordan used to do.

ROFL

Kobe needs to find himself, mentally.

FAX
05-07-2006, 02:50 PM
He has copied some of MJ's moves and celebratory style, Mr. Vanilla Thunder, to be sure.

But, if Kobe really wanted to be like Mike, he would have actually tried to win in the second half of that game. Has he publicly blamed the loss on his teammates, yet? I haven't heard.

FAX

kcxiv
05-07-2006, 02:56 PM
You sound like a complete dumbass.

Paxson, Kerr and Kukoc are the best example of roll players you can give me?

I'm sorry that Jerry Krause put together a better team of minimum salary roll players.

Jordan made players like Smush Parker and Devean George better...Kobe doesn't.

Pippen fed off Jordan, Odom is on his own.

and Luke Walton...WHAT THE **** ARE YOU WATCHING?! After that dreadful series he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA. I was totally rooting for the Lakers...but if Luke Walton takes another ****ing shot down the stretch, in any game for the rest of his career, he should be punched in the back of the head. Jesus Christ.

What player is LA going to bring in that improves the team they already have?

They have all the pieces Phil needed. Phil envisioned Odom as his Pippen, Kobe as his Jordan, and the rest of the pieces were suppose to fall into place.

If I was an LA fan, I'd be pleased by one thing...other than game 7, Kwame Brown looked like he might turn into an inside force after all.

You had better hope Kobe doesn't go back to 'take every shot' Kobe next year, because if he plays as a team player like he did this series, the Lakers could win 50 games and be considered an actual 'contender' next year.
WEll its obvious you know nothing about the game of basketball. YOur the one that looks like a moron trying to argue about shit you are clueless on.

First off, Smush Parker will never make it in the NBA not for to many years. He is to much AND1 style where he came from. Not even the great MJ would get this kid to play a key role in the game. He continued to miss wide open shots the last 3 games of the series. Devean George sux as well, He can sometimes get hot and make a few 3's but througout his whole career he never lived up to his potential due to his foot injuries or whatever. He just sucks.

And yes Luke Walton played a fine game. Did he make some mistakes sure? I was expecting him too . thats what happens with young teams in the play offs.

Kwame Brown? eehh, he shows up sometimes, but game 7 he played HORRRRIBLE missed everything from 3 feet out.

Paxon, Kerr and Kukoc is pretty much the only examples you need, They had the ability to drain the open jumper. No one on the lakers can with consistancy, why the hell did you think Kobe took so many shots, because the rest of the team could NOT Make it. did you see the first 4 games when kobe was distributing and they were hitting? well all that stopped in game 5-6-7 and Kobe had to try to take the game back into his own hands. Problem is Laker Defense was not up to par to go shot for shot with the Suns.'

You can take a look back to hell of past Champions from the Old 80's lakers that had, Scott, Cooper that could drain the open jumper, go back to the Celtics they had Danny Ainge and DJ. All that could hit the open shot with consistancy. Even the Spurs have it, with Parker, Ginobali, and Berry. Can even go to the Pistons who hell everyone on that damn team can make a open jump shot.

Thats how Teams win in big games, ROle players that can make a damn open shot. Lakers sadly have very very very very little of that. Only Laker role players i would even keep this offseason would be Sasha Vusomethingcic, Luke Walton and thats pretty much it.

Get rid of Cook, Parker, George, Mckie *though he was hurt most of the season"

picasso
05-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I am very dissapointed with the Los Angelos Lakers. They are a complete discrace to LA. Leading 3-1, they make Marty look like a good playoff coach.

discusted
hyperlite

Lakers got spanked because the couldn't run with the Suns. Even in the games they won it was basically because of Kwame and Lamar. If it's anyones fault in game 7 it's those dudes. They sucked yesterday!!
Oh and dude you need a dictionary. There are more mispelled words in your post than an Arkansas phone book. :shake: