PDA

View Full Version : Article: Hali among many African-born players drafted

hypersensitiveZO6
05-06-2006, 09:58 PM
hope this isn't a repost, pretty good article

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2434221

Halfcan
05-06-2006, 10:52 PM
You say Hali is black?

FAX
05-08-2006, 10:04 AM
The Mamba was on ESPN radio last night. He said the following:

1) Believes that the Eagles, Niners, Bucs, and Lions were all also interested in his services. Was thrilled when KC called his name.

2) Loves football. Was introduced to the game in HS.

3) In college, started playing DT. Then moved to DE. Wanted to be recognized as a premier DE. Now, in the NFL, he wants the same. (I must say he did not sound the least bit arrogant when he said this.)

4) Loves KC. The fans, the tradition, the coaches he's met, etc. Believes the defense has been improving as a result of personnel moves that have been made and wants to help the team get to a SB.

5) Asked to talk about his mother, etc. by the interviewers. You all know that story so I won't repeat it here.

Overall, he came across as a highly intelligent, articulate man. I was very impressed with the interview. The Mamba is a sports journalist's dream.

FAX

greg63
05-08-2006, 10:08 AM
The Mamba was on ESPN radio last night. He said the following:

1) Believes that the Eagles, Niners, Bucs, and Lions were all also interested in his services. Was thrilled when KC called his name.

2) Loves football. Was introduced to the game in HS.

3) In college, started playing DT. Then moved to DE. Wanted to be recognized as a premier DE. Now, in the NFL, he wants the same. (I must say he did not sound the least bit arrogant when he said this.)

4) Loves KC. The fans, the tradition, the coaches he's met, etc. Believes the defense has been improving as a result of personnel moves that have been made and wants to help the team get to a SB.

5) Asked to talk about his mother, etc. by the interviewers. You all know that story so I won't repeat it here.

Overall, he came across as a highly intelligent, articulate man. I was very impressed with the interview. The Mamba is a sports journalist's dream.

FAX

Cool!

That is all.