PDA

View Full Version : The Rich Get Rehab, The Poor Go To Jail.

CosmicPal
05-07-2006, 11:39 AM
This makes me sick. For all of you anti-legalization peeps, take cue of this latest news: Limbaugh is again busted for having doctors write him drug prescriptions. This is a felony that scores up to five years in prison. How much custody time did he get: An hour. In a special settlement agreement- Limbaugh doesn't have to do any jail time.

OK folks, lets get this straight: Drug addiction is NOT a crime, it is a health problem. Let's repeat that again: Drug addiction is NOT a crime, it is a health problem. Depending upon the source- it can be a physical addiction or a mental addiction or both. Does it really matter if it's OxyContin or a street drug? Nope. Because when you are talking about peeps who self-abuse, you're talking about BOTH the victim and the perpetrator. It IS a victimless crime.

Limbaugh is no different than any street drug user- they are simply taking their choice of medication. Prison is no substitute for peeps who need medical supervision.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Hell I've had someone try to sell me oxycontin on the street before (outside of PNC Park in Pittsburgh). Limbaugh is exactly like a street drug user

Sure-Oz
05-07-2006, 11:41 AM
There are a ton of druggies, but celebs can afford to pay for that rehab shit and get away with much more cause of their status and $$$, nothing the average joe can do about it.

4th and Long
05-07-2006, 11:42 AM
So who do we blame for this? The courts? Society? The current administration?

http://stderr.de/funstuff/presidency%20for%20dummies.jpg

RedThat
05-07-2006, 11:42 AM
This makes me sick. For all of you anti-legalization peeps, take cue of this latest news: Limbaugh is again busted for having doctors write him drug prescriptions. This is a felony that scores up to five years in prison. How much custody time did he get: An hour. In a special settlement agreement- Limbaugh doesn't have to do any jail time.

OK folks, lets get this straight: Drug addiction is NOT a crime, it is a health problem. Let's repeat that again: Drug addiction is NOT a crime, it is a health problem. Depending upon the source- it can be a physical addiction or a mental addiction or both. Does it really matter if it's OxyContin or a street drug? Nope. Because when you are talking about peeps who self-abuse, you're talking about BOTH the victim and the perpetrator. It IS a victimless crime.

Limbaugh is no different than any street drug user- they are simply taking their choice of medication. Prison is no substitute for peeps who need medical supervision.

This is another reason why society is so corrupt.

Demonpenz
05-07-2006, 11:43 AM
work hard enough to get rich. problem solved

jspchief
05-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Welcome to life. It isn't fair.

As you grow into an adult, you may begin to realize that people gain priveledge from all sorts of things. Better looking people get better jobs. People that are good at their jobs get away with more in the workplace than people who aren't. Athletic people get more breaks. Rich people get more breaks. Etc, etc, etc.

The only thing more sad than the unfairness in life is the adults that think life is a pre-school game where everyone gets an equal chance.

beer bacon
05-07-2006, 11:55 AM

No, not really. The problem is still right there. This is a societal problem, not an individual problem. One person getting rich enough to take advantage of a corrupt system does not solve the problem. The rich person is just now in position to exploit the problem rather then being in its path.

beer bacon
05-07-2006, 11:57 AM

As you grow into an adult, you may begin to realize that people gain priveledge from all sorts of things. Better looking people get better jobs. People that are good at their jobs get away with more in the workplace than people who aren't. Athletic people get more breaks. Rich people get more breaks. Etc, etc, etc.

The only thing more sad than the unfairness in life is the adults that think life is a pre-school game where everyone gets an equal chance.

What is even more sad are people that become complacent and do not work to change these things. The great mass of us would still be sitting in hovels scraping for our next meal, which would probably be some sort of rotten vegetable or ground meal, instead of many of us living relatively comfortable and rewarding lives.

jspchief
05-07-2006, 12:01 PM
What is even more sad are people that become complacent and do not work to change these things. The great mass of us would still be sitting in hovels scraping for our next meal, which would probably be some sort of rotten vegetable or ground meal, instead of many of us living relatively comfortable and rewarding lives.Why would I want to change things? I like it how it is. It's natural selection at it's finest.

I don't care if deadbeats get the short end of the stick.

MahiMike
05-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I can think of no other person in our society that I would rather see pulled behind a horse over cactus than Rush Limbaugh.

Simplex3
05-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Let's not forget the latest Kennedy, scores of Hollyweird elite, etc etc.

Halfcan
05-07-2006, 12:31 PM
You can voice your opinion by never listening to the fat f#ck. If everyone boycotted this pill, popper, he would eventually fade away.

Simplex3
05-07-2006, 12:34 PM
You can voice your opinion by never listening to the fat f#ck. If everyone boycotted this pill, popper, he would eventually fade away.
The question is WHY do you listen/boycott. If you listen for entertainment then why do you care if he's popping pills? If you're so anti-drug that you would stop listening because of his pill popping I can assume you've never been drunk or smoked. I can also assume you refuse to speak to anyone, friends included, who have ever been drunk.

I don't listen to the guy. I don't have time in my life to listen to three hours of what morons did in DC. I know they did something stupid and criminal, it's what they do. I hardly need Limbaugh to tell me that.

Lonewolf Ed
05-07-2006, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=CosmicPal]This makes me sick. For all of you anti-legalization peeps, take cue of this latest news: Limbaugh is again busted for having doctors write him drug prescriptions.

No, he was not busted again. It's the same ongoing case.

beer bacon
05-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Why would I want to change things? I like it how it is. It's natural selection at it's finest.

I don't care if deadbeats get the short end of the stick.

But you don't mind when deadbeats like Rush get off with a slap on the wrist?

Lonewolf Ed
05-07-2006, 12:38 PM

Shhhhh! You'll spoil his rant!

Thig Lyfe
05-07-2006, 12:42 PM
So who do we blame for this? The courts? Society? The current administration?

http://stderr.de/funstuff/presidency%20for%20dummies.jpg

That image is lame. You can see "For Windows" right under Presidency. Presidency for Windows for Dummies? Lazy photoshop job.

I've seen it before, so I know it isn't yours, 4th. I would expect more from you.

4th and Long
05-07-2006, 12:50 PM
That image is lame. You can see "For Windows" right under Presidency. Presidency for Windows for Dummies? Lazy photoshop job.

I've seen it before, so I know it isn't yours, 4th. I would expect more from you.
Nope. Not mine. I do better work than that. :)

Chief Roundup
05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
It is not fair that the rich and or famous get away with more than the average person and that should be changed.
But how do you change that when so many people in society put more importance on the persons are in the spotlight of society ie sports, movies, religion, politics etc.

WilliamTheIrish
05-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Weak, weak rant.

Every day, thousands of people get diversion and not jail time for first offenses be they rich or poor.

go bo
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Weak, weak rant.

Every day, thousands of people get diversion and not jail time for first offenses be they rich or poor.eh, you can make statistics say anything...

nevertheless, you're absolutly right about diversion being the "punishment" of choice for first offenders, rich or poor...

Adept Havelock
05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
eh, you can make statistics say anything...

nevertheless, you're absolutly right about diversion being the "punishment" of choice for first offenders, rich or poor...

Truth.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and Statistics.

RealSNR
05-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Why would I want to change things? I like it how it is. It's natural selection at it's finest.

I don't care if deadbeats get the short end of the stick.Same here.

I'm just curious, but have you ever read any Ayn Rand?

ChiefFripp
05-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Hard work does not make the individual rich, it makes his/her boss or company owner richer. Knowing how to network with the right people gets you money.

Also, anyone who has ever been in an office or work enviroment knows that the people who squeal to upper management get promotions faster than the worker bees who actually do a good job.

ChiefaRoo
05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
But you don't mind when deadbeats like Rush get off with a slap on the wrist?

Don't forget Brett Favre. He was addicted to Vicodin. Should he be sharing a cell with Limbaugh, Kennedy et al?

One distinction here. Favre and Limbaugh both had physical conditions that got them hooked. Limbaugh has neck/disc problems. Favre was getting pounded in the NFL every week. I don't think that's the same as taking pills for no medicinal purpose and then getting hooked.

RedThat
05-07-2006, 04:42 PM

Good post jsp. You know what really upsets me about life?

I just find it displeasing that their are tons of people out there who are extremely selfish, and greedy...Not only that, but ruthless too man.

Im talking about the kinds of people that will kill you for a dollar. The kinds of people that like to f*ck someone over for a dollar. The better him than me kinda guy, the every man for himself kinda guy....So much selfishness, greed...we see it today how oil companies like to such people pockets, and not giving 2 shits about them. The whole world hates these people, think they give a f*ck? This may possibly lead to an economic slowdown? They don't give a f*ck, they filled their pockets anyway....Other people out there are struggling man, who cares? We made our money, better them than me.

Anyway, my point is, why can't there ever be that feeling of togetheredness? That feeling of unity! Thats what the Lord sent us here for...To help each other! Be caring, giving, show people you have a good heart, be a good samaritan. There is none of that here on planet earth!! Why does society allow people to live off the streets and not giving 2 sh*ts about them? Lets feed these people man, take care of them, they are one of us....Instead, I see people walk by stare, laugh at them like they don't belong here, or even worse snob them out like their nothing...Cold hearted, some people have no character, it's sad!

Too many people with these kinds of attitudes are gonna destroy this world...Man is gonna destroy this world, the bible says the same thing.

Because too many people out there have no character. We run this planet....and simply their are too many people that have not grown up, they lack intelllegence and have no conscious....They don't realize whats going on in this world, and think how we can change things to make it a better place....for the better to keep us strong, healthy, loved, and united...It ain't about selfishness, greed...its about understanding, loving, giving, caring, all that....if we did that, those simple things, this world would be a great place.

Too many people have a devilish mentality, ultimately that is what will destroy us and the world....its sad

Lurch
05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=CosmicPal]This makes me sick. For all of you anti-legalization peeps, take cue of this latest news: Limbaugh is again busted for having doctors write him drug prescriptions.

No, he was not busted again. It's the same ongoing case.Shhhh......some would rather not deal with the facts, when exaggeration and hyperbole are much more fun!
Again, you miss the point of his emotional rant.

Weak, weak rant.

Every day, thousands of people get diversion and not jail time for first offenses be they rich or poor.

People, you don't seem to get it. Facts do not interest people who are committed to demonizing those with which one disagrees.

Bowser
05-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Seems to me that there is a conflict. If drug addiction isn't illegal, but drugs are, how do you get to point B without passing point A?

The fact that people lie, BS, and generally run end around "tough" issues amazes me. Crack is an incredible high, so I'm told. Crack is illegal. Don't do crack, never become a crack addict. Problem solved.

Person A has an old injury that requires pain killers. Person A no longer has problems, but continues to take painkillers due to the high he feels from the drugs. The painkillers begin to wreak havoc on Person A's life. Should Person A take responsiblity for his actions, or fall back on some sorry this-and-that excuse for doing what you know has been a debilitating event of his life?

go bo
05-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Seems to me that there is a conflict. If drug addiction isn't illegal, but drugs are, how do you get to point B without passing point A?

The fact that people lie, BS, and generally run end around "tough" issues amazes me. Crack is an incredible high, so I'm told. Crack is illegal. Don't do crack, never become a crack addict. Problem solved.

Person A has an old injury that requires pain killers. Person A no longer has problems, but continues to take painkillers due to the high he feels from the drugs. The painkillers begin to wreak havoc on Person A's life. Should Person A take responsiblity for his actions, or fall back on some sorry this-and-that excuse for doing what you know has been a debilitating event of his life?crack must be an incredible high...

i've seen it ruin many people's lives...

that's why i won't even try it, i might like it...

Simplex3
05-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Hard work does not make the individual rich, it makes his/her boss or company owner richer. Knowing how to network with the right people gets you money.

Also, anyone who has ever been in an office or work enviroment knows that the people who squeal to upper management get promotions faster than the worker bees who actually do a good job.
I made my boss a lot of money for years. I was my boss.

Now I make they company I work for a lot of money. I own a piece of that company.

Working every day for a paycheck is for people who lack the creativity to structure a better deal for themselves.

Simplex3
05-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Anyway, my point is, why can't there ever be that feeling of togetheredness? That feeling of unity!
...because we aren't 6 year old girls?

Any large collection of adults will have all kinds of personalities. Some will be more dominant than others and will have more. I quote I got from a friend of mine's uncle speaks to this type of issue:

If there were no shit eaters in this world we'd all be up to our eyeballs in shit.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Working every day for a paycheck is for people who lack the creativity to structure a better deal for themselves.

Excellent post!

And our education system puts too much emphasis on becoming workers.
We were always told in art school....to go out and create a job for ourselves.

BucEyedPea
05-07-2006, 08:19 PM
...because we aren't 6 year old girls?

I dunno if one of your kids are girls or boys...but just you wait on 6 year old girls being unified. 6 year olds are mean...it's a really mean age.

Skip Towne
05-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Excellent post!

Other than high school, I've never had a job in my life. Unless you count the Air Force and that wasn't my idea.

Simplex3
05-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Excellent post!

I used to work with a guy who constantly used "that's how we've always done it" as his excuse for every stupid thing he did. Drove me nuts. If you've recognized that it is stupid then why haven't you changed it? It's the old saying from your mother about your friends jumping off of a bridge.

The excuses I get from people about why they can't work for themselves astound me.

"It's too risky" - Bullshit. When I walked into a new contract I knew exactly how long they would employ me and if they tried to cut me loose early they have to pay me a penalty. Your job could end tomorrow and they don't owe you shit.

"I need benefits" - Yes you do. Get them for your damn self. Or are you too f**king stupid to make some phone calls and set up some health insurance and get a SEP IRA? If I had a time machine I'd go back and shoot the first jackass that said a company should supply health insurance. It's been downhill ever since that day.

Lastly, I'd like to be the first to invoke Godwin's Law, you f**king Nazis.

Imon Yourside
05-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I used to work with a guy who constantly used "that's how we've always done it" as his excuse for every stupid thing he did. Drove me nuts. If you've recognized that it is stupid then why haven't you changed it? It's the old saying from your mother about your friends jumping off of a bridge.

The excuses I get from people about why they can't work for themselves astound me.

"It's too risky" - Bullshit. When I walked into a new contract I knew exactly how long they would employ me and if they tried to cut me loose early they have to pay me a penalty. Your job could end tomorrow and they don't owe you shit.

"I need benefits" - Yes you do. Get them for your damn self. Or are you too f**king stupid to make some phone calls and set up some health insurance and get a SEP IRA? If I had a time machine I'd go back and shoot the first jackass that said a company should supply health insurance. It's been downhill ever since that day.

Lastly, I'd like to be the first to invoke Godwin's Law, you f**king Nazis.

BS! Some of us are dumber than others, where's my fuggin' handout, I want it NOW NOW NOW!!!!!! :p

Inspector
05-08-2006, 06:17 AM

Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but it's sort of an economic issue too. Lots of jobs are generated from illegal drugs. It supports an industry that produces paychecks for police, prosecuters, prison administrators, contractors who build prisons, court personnel, etc...

The costs of keeping people from abusing their own bodies is pretty large, but it does give folks a paycheck. And yeah, it takes a paycheck away from those who are locked up, and whatever taxes they may have been paying, and yeah, it costs you and me some $$ to house, feed, educate, hospitilize, warm, cool, administer and guard these dangerous people who abuse ther own bodies, but hey, it produces a few paychecks for others.

So, I guess it could be worse.

Gonzo
05-08-2006, 06:21 AM

So, if I work hard at selling drugs and get rich I won't go to jail?
Fuggin sweet!
Who's buyin?