PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me what this photoparade thing is

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 12:07 PM
That keeps trying to load itself on my comuter every time I come here?

Thanks

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 12:20 PM
I had a similar thing popping up yesterday, of course I never downloaded it.

I also would like to know. I think ghostov or one of the other bitches have something to do with it, because I have PM'd them angry stuff, then I receive a PM in my box, but nothing showing visually in the inbox. 3 messages, with no delete button so I can delete them.

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 12:28 PM
There is definately weird shit going on I wish someone would clairfy.

Fish
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Delete your chiefsplanet cookie.... should do the trick....

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Delete your chiefsplanet cookie.... should do the trick....
I still wish one of the moderators would clarify this. I would hate to think someone is using the Planet to to try and and screw up members computers. Thanks Fish, still can't root for you Avalanch though. ROFL

Fish
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks Fish, still can't root for you Avalanch though. ROFL

Did I say cookie?? I meant delete your C:\Windows\System32 folder.... Go Avs!

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Did I say cookie?? I meant delete your C:\Windows\System32 folder.... Go Avs! ROFL

Inspector
05-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Did I say cookie?? I meant delete your C:\Windows\System32 folder.... Go Avs!

Ok, I'm going to do tha..*&,ks[mdddddddddddd';

system diagonostics

Iowanian
05-09-2006, 02:24 PM
BD....AC worked on the server and upgraded the Apache or something yesterday, and thats when it started happening.

Clear out your temp net files and cookies and see if that fixes it.

bunny...I'll bet those pms are from someone on universal ignore. Probably someone whose only passtime here is bad mother jokes, but no posts.

Fish
05-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Ok, I'm going to do tha..*&,ks[mdddddddddddd';

system diagonostics

ROFL...... Back in the good ol' days of Windows 95 a buddy and I got bored and went to Staples to kill some time.... I disliked Staples at the time..... We went down the row of all their demo computers and added "deltree c:\windows /y" to the autoexec.bat file of each machine...... the entire next day each machine was sitting and spinning at the 95 bootup screen....

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 02:55 PM
The PM's are coming most likely from someone who is on universal ignore.

As for the photoparade thing, I have no idea. I haven't seen it and I haven't cleared my cookies in months.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 02:59 PM
BD....AC worked on the server and upgraded the Apache or something yesterday, and thats when it started happening.

Clear out your temp net files and cookies and see if that fixes it.

bunny...I'll bet those pms are from someone on universal ignore. Probably someone whose only passtime here is bad mother jokes, but no posts.Thanks, but I have no means to delete them, and they occupy some of my mailbox space. Not that it is a problem now, but if the tard floods my MB with them, then I will lose that functionality.

They usually do show up right after I shoot off a mother statement to the jerkov ghostov.

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 03:00 PM
The PM's are coming most likely from someone who is on universal ignore.

As for the photoparade thing, I have no idea. I haven't seen it and I haven't cleared my cookies in months.

Every time I hit Chiefs Planet BB I get a big grey window that says:

File Name: index.php

File type: PhotoParade Album

I am not the only person this is happening to.

Iowanian
05-09-2006, 03:01 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140460&page=1

Here is Kyle's thread from yesterday.

I had 1 of those too bunny and was told it was from Redrum...who is on univ iggy. It did strangely disappear the other day though...which is fine with me.

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 03:01 PM

It wants me to download the program it says is coming from chiefsplanet

Iowanian
05-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Clear out your PM box Troy.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Clear out your PM box Troy.Here is what my message box looks like.

Iowanian
05-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I know..I had one just like it, and I already told you why it is like that...and so did parker.

Its only 3, of 150 messages...not exactly a deal breaker yet.

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Clear out your PM box Troy.

Done

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I know..I had one just like it, and I already told you why it is like that...and so did parker.

Its only 3, of 150 messages...not exactly a deal breaker yet.Cool, no problem, you are correct.

I got the first one about 4 months ago. Then I wailed on Redrum again, 2 more.

I suppose the answer is to just take it from that piece of shit.

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 03:11 PM

That is a file type issue in your computer it sounds like.

For whatever reason, your PC is recognizing the *.PHP extension as a file associated with the PhotoParade application.

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 03:13 PM
That is a file type issue in your computer it sounds like.

For whatever reason, your PC is recognizing the *.PHP extension as a file associated with the PhotoParade application.

What is weird is it started happening last night and I noticed others were saying the same thing and how weird it was. I haven't seen any of those posts today though.

JBucc
05-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Holy mother ****er it worked.

JBucc
05-09-2006, 03:15 PM
What is weird is it started happening last night and I noticed others were saying the same thing and how weird it was. I haven't seen any of those posts today though.I posted about it yesterday and then it stopped, and then started again. Now it's stopped again for some reason. I even deleted and redownloaded Firefox to see if it worked.

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 03:15 PM
OK, this fuggin ROCKS!

I went into the admin tool and found a command to "delete all PM's sent by user".

I checked bunny's inbox stats and he had 3 unread messages.

I then went to redrum's profile and executed that command.

Bunny, take a look at your PM inbox now. ;)

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 03:18 PM
OK, this fuggin ROCKS!

I went into the admin tool and found a command to "delete all PM's sent by user".

I checked bunny's inbox stats and he had 3 unread messages.

I then went to redrum's profile and executed that command.

Bunny, take a look at your PM inbox now. ;)ROFL:clap:

Thank you :D

I do so like having a nice, clean, tidy PM box. ROFL.

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 03:20 PM
OK, I have this figured out.

I did a search and found www.photoparade.com. I recognize the little logo.

PhotoParade is an app that allows you to create slideshows from digital pics.

I'd be willing to bet that I remember the logo because it's distributed on the CD when you get photos developed at WAL-MART.

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 03:22 PM
PhotoParade is apparently also distributed with Adobe PhotoDelux Home Edition and Kodak's digital camera software (EasyShare).

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 03:24 PM
PhotoParade is apparently also distributed with Adobe PhotoDelux Home Edition and Kodak's digital camera software (EasyShare).

So it's not really coming from Chiefs Planet then?

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
So it's not really coming from Chiefs Planet then?

I highly doubt it.

The file you're receiving from CP is "index.php".

PHP is hypertext preprocessor. Normally any file that ends with .PHP extension would be assigned to your browser application in your "File Type" settings.

Apparently, photo albums created with PhotoParade use the .PHP extension (talk about moronic programming).

Do you know how to change your file types? Otherwise, just go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Photoparade...

JBucc
05-09-2006, 03:31 PM
I highly doubt it.

PHP is hypertext preprocessor. Normally any file that ends with .PHP extension would be assigned to your browser application in your "File Type" settings.

Apparently, photo albums created with PhotoParade use the .PHP extension (talk about moronic programming).

Do you know how to change your file types? Otherwise, just go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Photoparade...When I did that it just opened up that thing in browse instead of open with photoparade. Didn't fix anything.

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
When I did that it just opened up that thing in browse instead of open with photoparade. Didn't fix anything.

It should be opening it with your browser. IE and Firefox both display PHP just fine...

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I highly doubt it.

Do you know how to change your file types? Otherwise, just go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Photoparade...

OK, thanks

JBucc
05-09-2006, 03:49 PM
It should be opening it with your browser. IE and Firefox both display PHP just fine...I just started working again a few minutes ago. No idea why.

HemiEd
05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Holy mother ****er it worked.
Me too, been having this on my home coputer for couple days. Lap top and work did not have the problem. :hmmm:

htismaqe
05-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Me too, been having this on my home coputer for couple days. Lap top and work did not have the problem. :hmmm:

That's because you've loaded digital pictures and/or digital camera software on your home computer but not on the other two...

Onion_Knight
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
I had firefox on and it did the same thing except it didn't know how to handle it....However I had no problem when I was on Orangemane.com/index.php....
I just uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it, everything works fine again.