PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider, the movie!

tk13
05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/fs/20060509/114720026800.html

Hasselhoff Skien Comes to Big Screen
Tuesday May 9 11:44 AM ET

By Mark Umbach, FilmStew.com

Everybody's favorite TV actor, well, at least Germany's favorite TV actor, David Hasselhoff, must be so proud. The actor, who recently found out DreamWorks will be bringing an adaptation his Baywatch to theatres, will soon see another of his characters brought to the big screen. Indie shingle The Weinstein Co. has picked up feature rights to Hasselhoff starrer Knight Rider from show creator Glen A. Larson, and the company now has an eye toward adapting the series for the big screen.

Hasselhoff spent the mid-'80s cruising around the small screen as Michael Knight, with his talking car KITT, in the cop series Knight Rider. The show centered on an injured cop who had been left to die. He is nursed back to health by a mysterious millionaire who gives the cop a new name, face and all sorts of high-tech gadgets, including his car KITT, to help fight crime.

The show ran from 1982 through 1986 on NBC and earned Hasselhoff the People's Choice Award as Favorite Male Performer in a New Television Series for the show's first season.

No casting decisions for the feature have been made, but David Price, who brought the idea to The Weinstein Co., will be a co-producer.

The Weinstein Co. recently picked up the feature rights to TV's Welcome Back, Kotter as a star vehicle for Ice Cube, and they are also developing The Equalizer for the big screen. One can only hope that the studio does a better job with Knight Rider than was recently done with the likes of The Dukes of Hazzard and Bewitched, to name a few.

DMAC
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I dont want to hear anyone say that Chuck Norris would be perfect for the role.

Halfcan
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Wow sounds like a Blockbuster-look out Titanic here comes Knight Rider. I wonder if Hasselfag is going to sing in it?

scooter
05-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Wow sounds like a Blockbuster-look out Titanic here comes Knight Rider. I wonder if HasselRump Ranger is going to sing in it?

OOhhh, Knight Rider: The Musical...

You may be on to something there. :thumb:

Bowser
05-09-2006, 03:36 PM
As long as the car doesn't sound like a full on sissy, I'll be good with it.

It's almost like a live action Speed Racer!

R&GHomer
05-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh gawd I hated that show. I could watch the A-team "yak" but couldn't sit through 5 minutes of nightrider.

Fire Me Boy!
05-09-2006, 03:39 PM
KITT should still be voiced by William Daniels. He's still alive, still sounds like himself, and is still working. He is the one and only KITT.

DMAC
05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
I always hated the voice, an American car with a British accent really pissed me off.

Bowser
05-09-2006, 03:42 PM
KITT should still be voiced by William Daniels. He's still alive, still sounds like himself, and is still working. He is the one and only KITT.

BOOOO!

tk13
05-09-2006, 03:43 PM
I like KITT's voice. I can't imagine it being something else. Gotta have that british wit.

jidar
05-09-2006, 03:51 PM
We remember some things as being much better than they are, these things shouldn't be revisited.
Knight Rider is one of those things.

JimNasium
05-09-2006, 03:51 PM
The Weinstein Co. recently picked up the feature rights to TV's Welcome Back, Kotter as a star vehicle for Ice Cube, and they are also developing The Equalizer for the big screen.
I loved the Equalizer. I hope they don't screw it up.

Donger
05-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I like KITT's voice. I can't imagine it being something else. Gotta have that british wit.

The British aren't witty; that's just them overcompensating for their inherent self-doubt.

Clint in Wichita
05-09-2006, 03:56 PM
The apocalypse is upon us.

Donger
05-09-2006, 03:58 PM
The apocalypse is upon us.

No, I don't think so. It's been foretold that the end is close when Tom Cruise does NOT run in one of his movies.

teedubya
05-09-2006, 04:01 PM
No, you got the press release wrong. The movie is called 'Knight Ridder' and its about the KC Star and its great sports journalists.

jspchief
05-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Awesome. Another original movie idea from Hollywood.

Shall we revisit the thread full of idiots that claimed concession prices were behind declining box office sales?

Clint in Wichita
05-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Awesome. Another original movie idea from Hollywood.

Shall we revisit the thread full of idiots that claimed concession prices were behind declining box office sales?

Who would make such a claim?

Dukes of f_cking Hazzard. End of discussion.

Mile High Mania
05-09-2006, 04:06 PM
When the hell are they going to do a film based on the Golden Girls????

tk13
05-09-2006, 04:08 PM
When the hell are they going to do a film based on the Golden Girls????
Oh yeah, I'd be in line for that. That and "227: The Movie".

Mile High Mania
05-09-2006, 04:09 PM
I heard they're remaking Revenge of the Nerds also... that's just insane, remaking a movie from only 2 decades ago.

Miami Vice the movie is set for this summer... Hollywood sucks.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 04:10 PM
As long as the car doesn't sound like a full on sissy, I'll be good with it.

It's almost like a live action Speed Racer!How about that dude that does the Hemi commercials be the voice for the car this time.

Then when it drives along a Dodge, "I KNEW I SMELLED A HEMI, WITH A NEW FRONT END!1"

tk13
05-09-2006, 04:19 PM
I heard they're remaking Revenge of the Nerds also... that's just insane, remaking a movie from only 2 decades ago.

Coming this summer, "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot 2: This time it's personal"

Halfcan
05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
The voice of KITT should be Chris Rock.

"What in the F#ck are you doin putting that cheap azz unleaded in my tank."

"I said' turn left white boy, don't ya understand Ebenglish?"

"Two F#ckin dollars for an air freshner, and you got pine scented, not even pine trees smell pine scented, you are a stoopid mutherf#cker!"

alpha_omega
05-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Maybe this will give them a chance to finally put some cool wheels on KITT. I never understood why they had a tricked out car with crappy black (almost) moon caps...

Sounds like a TNT movie of the week...not something i would pay to go and see.

el borracho
05-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I wish someone creative would write one, all encompassing spoof that included all of these bad tv shows. Just get it over with, already. Maybe some kind of 'Wizard of Oz' type tale where the group keeps expanding as the story unfurls and all the characters are from bad tv shows. Let's see now, which crappy tv character would be Dorothy? And who would our new "Dorothy" encounter along the way? I'll vote Hasselhoff in as the Wizard but who gets to be the lion, the scarecrow and the wicked witch?

Sully
06-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Bump for David Hasselhoff thread.

penguinz
06-01-2006, 04:25 PM
They need to do a movie based off the TV series StreetHawk!

Raiderhater
06-01-2006, 04:36 PM

Actually, Miami Vice has potential to be an entertaining flick at the least. I'm still not sold on the casting of Crockett, but I could be proven wrong....

teedubya
06-01-2006, 04:38 PM
No, you got the press release wrong. The movie is called 'Knight Ridder' and its about the KC Star and its great sports journalists.

Knight Ridder. ROFL. You are hilarious.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Bump...since it just started.

Buns
02-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Thats actually a story about the feature film, not the 2 hour pilot on NBC.

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Another retread. It will suck.

Also the new PC era with extremist feminazis wont allow a HOT chick in hotpants or swimsuit on a show like that.

Remember the FALLGUY? That was quality. There should always be a hotchick in sexy clothes on tv shows.

Tribal Warfare
02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
so far this is PWNing the Sarah Conner Chronicles

KCChiefsMan
02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I thought this was gonna be a tv series? still not that interested

Valiant
02-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Wow sounds like a Blockbuster-look out Titanic here comes Knight Rider. I wonder if HasselRump Ranger is going to sing in it?

It could probably knock out Titanic alone in just Germany sales..

DaWolf
02-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I enjoyed it, though Val Kilmer as KITT kinda freaked me out...

Frankie
02-18-2008, 12:31 AM
I was aware of Knightrider but never sat down to watch it. Maybe with somebody other than Hasselhoff I would have. Just couldn't stand him. That said, my curiosity is aroused about this thread. Isn't there an NBC Sunday night Knightrider movie tonight? Then is there gonna be a separate big screen version too?... I'm szooo confused!

Bugeater
02-18-2008, 12:33 AM
I flipped to it after Family Guy was over, and I promptly fell asleep. What I saw looked extremely stupid, not that that surprises me at all.

DaWolf
02-18-2008, 02:00 AM
I was aware of Knightrider but never sat down to watch it. Maybe with somebody other than Hasselhoff I would have. Just couldn't stand him. That said, my curiosity is aroused about this thread. Isn't there an NBC Sunday night Knightrider movie tonight? Then is there gonna be a separate big screen version too?... I'm szooo confused!

I think the TV version was it. It was basically a continuation of the original Knight Rider story 20 years later, with the Hoff's kid taking control..

Deberg_1990
02-18-2008, 02:29 AM
I think the TV version was it. It was basically a continuation of the original Knight Rider story 20 years later, with the Hoff's kid taking control..

Yea, as far as I know, it was just tonights TV movie.

The Hoff even showed up at the end. He played the new kids Dad.