PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever lost anything?

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Car keys, made you late for work, your wallet, whatever.

nychief
05-09-2006, 05:44 PM
every playoff game since 1992.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 05:46 PM
every playoff game since 1992.We lost a head coach and a running back last year too. That's gonna leave a mark .

el borracho
05-09-2006, 05:53 PM
People say I've lost my mind but I don't miss it.

HemiEd
05-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I could make a very long list. The one that sticks the most is dropping five "hunderd dollar bills" out of my pocket, and it really hurt at the time. :mad:

pikesome
05-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Patience?

big nasty kcnut
05-09-2006, 06:00 PM
I lost my willpower.

Bowser
05-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Virginity?

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Virginity?Dude, if you have to ask, I think the answer is obvious, you haven't yet.

pikesome
05-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Dude, if you have to ask, I think the answer is obvious, you haven't yet.

Depends on the definition of "is".

Simplex3
I don't generally lose things. The worst was after working a shift from about 8am Friday to mid-afternoon Sunday, then I went home and had some family thing. Had to be back at the customer site at 7am on Monday and at 6:30 Monday I'm running around the house screaming that I can't find my keys when my wife points out that they're in my hand.

el borracho
Dude, if you have to ask, I think the answer is obvious, you haven't yet.
But if it helps you decide one way or the other you should also know that being ass-raped at age 14 by an escaped con counts as "losing it."

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Depends on the definition of "is".Oh, and the definition of a blow job?

I forgot about all that Klinton doublespeak man, don't remind me.

Skip Towne
05-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I lost a $1000 dollar bill when my house burned down.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:13 PM

Well, you are old enough to have been arround when those were still in circulation.

JBucc
I lost my Grandpa when my house burned down.

Simplex3
No, you were just weren't motivated enough to put the pieces back together.

SPchief
I lost a pretty good sized turd here about fifteen minutes ago.

Simplex3
05-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I lost a pretty good sized turd here about fifteen minutes ago.
Is it night already?

SPchief
05-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Is it night already?

Hey, I got home from work and it was ready to come out. Who am I to argue??

Skip Towne
05-09-2006, 06:17 PM
No, you were just weren't motivated enough to put the pieces back together.
I had about $2000 worth of Silver Eagles that melted into a lump. The bank bought the lump from me.

pikesome
05-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Oh, and the definition of a blow job?

I forgot about all that Klinton doublespeak man, don't remind me.

Sorry, but regardless of your stand on that whole thing you can't but chuckle at the English lesson.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey, I got home from work and it was ready to come out. Who am I to argue??Its a good thing I am on pacific time, mine is just getting ready to rumble.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Sorry, but regardless of your stand on that whole thing you can't but chuckle at the English lesson.In fact, when you think of Bill Clinton, that probably IS the first thing that comes to mind. So, perhaps that IS his legacy, isn't it?

Guess it depends on what the definition of IS IS?

Skip Towne
05-09-2006, 06:31 PM
I lost my freedom one time. But I got out the next day.

Simplex3
05-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I lost my freedom one time. But I got out the next day.
I lost mine for about 4 hours. Then 8 years ago I got married and lost it indefinately.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I lost my freedom one time. But I got out the next day.Conned your ex into bailing you out eh?

Frazod
05-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I hardly ever lose stuff anymore, but I used to go through sunglasses, lighters and gloves like mad. I quit buying zippos after a while - replace four or five of those and you're getting into car payment range. Now I actually wear gloves and sunglasses out and have to replace them. That still seems a bit odd.

The worst thing I ever lost was $400 cash that got thrown out with the post-Christmas trash. THAT SUCKED. I also lost my first wedding ring from my first marriage while swimming at Paradise Island in the Bahamas (ironically, I ended up hawking the replacement for gas money).

My wife, on the other hand, would lose her head if it wasn't securely stuck up her ass. Not a day goes by that she doesn't misplace something. Normally I can find the missing item easily, but one of the remotes has been missing for about two weeks now and I've torn the friggin house apart looking for it. That one may be in the wife zone permanently.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I lost mine for about 4 hours. Then 8 years ago I got married and lost it indefinately.You don't do that until you get kids.

Simplex3
05-09-2006, 06:35 PM
You don't do that until you get kids.
Ok, then it was about 5 years ago.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Ok, then it was about 5 years ago.But it was a loss that is a gain.

Simplex3
05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
But it was a loss that is a gain.
Negative cash flow is a gain?

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Negative cash flow is a gain?John Meynard Keynes, "In the long run, we are all dead."

Rain Man
05-09-2006, 06:49 PM
I never lose anything. At least not that I remember. At worst, I'll misplace something for a while in the house. The only thing I've ever lost was a shirt, a wonderful, wonderful shirt, that I think I left in a hotel room while traveling.

Our biggest household problem is "cleaning." Another person who lives in my house, who shall remain anonymous, is ten stages further out than the next most organized person I've ever heard of. She even lines up the dust particles before she dusts. And she's brutal about throwing away papers, especially if they're mine. Over the past seven or eight years, she has:

1. Thrown away two savings bonds worth several hundred dollars each. I had retrieved them from my parents on a trip there, where they (the bonds, not my parents) had been in a drawer for 20 years. When we got home, she threw away all of the "papers" from the trip - magazines, receipts, envelope containing savings bonds, etc.

2. She threw away two nonrefundable airline tickets to San Francisco. "Honey, where are the papers that were on this counter?" "Oh, I cleaned up." Lost a vacation out of that one.

3. Two months ago, she threw away the Valentine card that my mother had sent. "Honey, where's the valentine card?" "I threw it away." "Please tell me that you took out the $80 check that she had enclosed." "What check?"

Our house is very, very neat, but there's a cost associated with it. And in the interest of fairness, this anonymous person questions whether she did any of the above, even though she did.

chiefsfaninNC
05-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I never lose anything. At least not that I remember. At worst, I'll misplace something for a while in the house. The only thing I've ever lost was a shirt, a wonderful, wonderful shirt, that I think I left in a hotel room while traveling.

Our biggest household problem is "cleaning." Another person who lives in my house, who shall remain anonymous, is ten stages further out than the next most organized person I've ever heard of. She even lines up the dust particles before she dusts. And she's brutal about throwing away papers, especially if they're mine. Over the past seven or eight years, she has:

1. Thrown away two savings bonds worth several hundred dollars each. I had retrieved them from my parents on a trip there, where they (the bonds, not my parents) had been in a drawer for 20 years. When we got home, she threw away all of the "papers" from the trip - magazines, receipts, envelope containing savings bonds, etc.

2. She threw away two nonrefundable airline tickets to San Francisco. "Honey, where are the papers that were on this counter?" "Oh, I cleaned up." Lost a vacation out of that one.

3. Two months ago, she threw away the Valentine card that my mother had sent. "Honey, where's the valentine card?" "I threw it away." "Please tell me that you took out the $80 check that she had enclosed." "What check?"

Our house is very, very neat, but there's a cost associated with it. And in the interest of fairness, this anonymous person questions whether she did any of the above, even though she did.

I have one of those. It truly is Living With the Enemy.

Frazod
05-09-2006, 06:52 PM

My wife blames the cats when something is missing.

I, of course, blame them when I fart.

Our cats are gassy. And they steal.

Ingrates.

Simplex3
05-09-2006, 06:58 PM
My wife blames the cats when something is missing.

I, of course, blame them when I fart.

Our cats are gassy. And they steal.

Ingrates.
Take some of those bullets you've been pumping into the fridge and use one on a cat.

Frazod
05-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Take some of those bullets you've been pumping into the fridge and use one on a cat.

The cats are fine.

If another remote disappears, though, I may go Kenmore on Mrs. Frazod. :grr:

Simplex3
05-09-2006, 07:03 PM
The cats are fine.

If another remote disappears, though, I may go Kenmore on Mrs. Frazod. :grr:
ROFL

BucEyedPea
05-09-2006, 08:12 PM
1) Two diamond rings :deevee:
2) A jacket
3) A chicken at the supermarket
4) About twenty sets of keys
5) My crutches ( recently...but I do forget how I left the place)
6) A bunch of favorite cookbooks ( from evacuating for Hurricane Ivan)
7) A watch ( from evacuating for Hurricane Ivan)
8) Money
9) Somehow articles of clothing seem do disappear never to be seen again :hmmm:
10) A leather purse
11) Two of my best sweaters

milkman
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
I lost my cool once, when my boss yelled at me.

chefsos
05-09-2006, 08:54 PM
I lost an ex girlfriend's gallstones. (She wasn't an ex at the time. :hmmm: Maybe this little episode contributed...) She wanted to keep them, like some sort of trophy.

plbrdude
05-09-2006, 09:09 PM
i lost a lot of grey matter between the ages of 14 and 34. i'm sure none of it was alcohol related, nor from smoking alot of pot, or meth, or acid, or coke.
but by the grace of God, i still got enough to get by.

Simplex3
05-09-2006, 09:33 PM
1) Two diamond rings :deevee:
2) A jacket
3) A chicken at the supermarket
4) About twenty sets of keys
5) My crutches ( recently...but I do forget how I left the place)
6) A bunch of favorite cookbooks ( from evacuating for Hurricane Ivan)
7) A watch ( from evacuating for Hurricane Ivan)
8) Money
9) Somehow articles of clothing seem do disappear never to be seen again :hmmm:
10) A leather purse
11) Two of my best sweaters
You left 2, 9, 10, & 11 at my house.

milkman
05-09-2006, 09:47 PM
i lost a lot of grey matter between the ages of 14 and 34. i'm sure none of it was alcohol related, nor from smoking alot of pot, or meth, or acid, or coke.
but by the grace of God, i still got enough to get by.

And yet, you present no evidence to support that claim. :)

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 09:49 PM
You know that you have found the proper woman when she can always find the stuff you misplace. Take this morning for example, I had misplaced my wallet, and had already resigned myself to the fact that it was stolen, and was starting to freak about having to call TRW and all that excess bs. My wife calmly asks me a few questions then within 2 minutes recovers the wallet where it had fell out of my pants in the recliner.

BucEyedPea
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
You left 2, 9, 10, & 11 at my house.
ROFL :clap:

Did you take the two rings too?

Hammock Parties
05-09-2006, 10:47 PM
One summer my now estranged uncle bought me one of those dinoriders toys. It was the pterodactyl. I loved pterodactyl's when I was a kid (now I prefer the T-Rex).

Anyway, I brought it to school. Some jackass in the playground just had to steal it. He ripped off one of the wings and tossed it over a fence. I got the 'dactyl back, but minus one of the wings. After school, I went over the fence and looked for the wing. I never did find the wing.

My pterodactyl's missing wing is probably decomposing somewhere in Scotland, never to be found again.

:(

KChiefsQT
05-09-2006, 10:50 PM
My virginity... too young. My mind... several times. Love... or what I thought was love at the time. My keys... almost every morning. My wallet... about once a week. My car.. too many times. This list can go on and on.

Calcountry
05-09-2006, 10:50 PM
One summer my now estranged uncle bought me one of those dinoriders toys. It was the pterodactyl. I loved pterodactyl's when I was a kid (now I prefer the T-Rex).

Anyway, I brought it to school. Some jackass in the playground just had to steal it. He ripped off one of the wings and tossed it over a fence. I got the 'dactyl back, but minus one of the wings. After school, I went over the fence and looked for the wing. I never did find the wing.

My pterodactyl's missing wing is probably decomposing somewhere in Scotland, never to be found again.

:(This post explains a whole lot about you Chiefie.

listopencil
05-09-2006, 10:57 PM

:(

Decomposing? Was the wing made of baloney or something?

Psyko Tek
let's see so far I've lost 2 houses, 3 cars, a mini-van and a truck...

Hammock Parties
Decomposing? Was the wing made of baloney or something?

It's been like 15 years...I assume it's been decomposing...or do hunks of plastic not decompose?

KChiefsQT
05-09-2006, 11:00 PM
let's see so far I've lost 2 houses, 3 cars, a mini-van and a truck...
...lost a wife or 2 did ya?

greg63
05-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Car keys, made you late for work, your wallet, whatever.

Yes, and it makes me nuts!

Rain Man
05-09-2006, 11:03 PM
It's been like 15 years...I assume it's been decomposing...or do hunks of plastic not decompose?

I would imagine that some small plastic Scottish mammals have evolved to eat the plastic dinosaur wing.

Psyko Tek
05-09-2006, 11:22 PM
...lost a wife or 2 did ya?

sorta, just lived with them but same deal