PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Repair Question?

e_train69
05-10-2006, 08:05 AM
I need to have my windshield replaced and I have a zero deductible, so it won't cost me anything. The question is, I recall hearing an add on the radio, where this company will pay you $500 to repair your windshield if you have a zero deductible with your insurance company.

Does anyone remember the name of this company or if is legit or not?

I could use an extra $500 bucks, but don't want to sacrifice the quality of work or a mess with the insurance company.

If anyone knows of this, any help would be appreciated.

StcChief
05-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Not sure who does the windshield.

I had mine done years ago, within 6 months it leaked around seal later in heavy rain. Just drips but right on driver seat. Always had to carry a towel incase of rain to put on seat. They would not fix it free.

Make sure they put on enough seal goop....

Iowanian
05-10-2006, 08:37 AM
If its just a rock chip, there is an epoxy substance they can seal it with pretty reasonably.

I don't know about the company you're talking about, but it sounds shaky at best to me.

ct
05-10-2006, 08:39 AM
I believe that would be called "Insurance Fraud", and just to be clear, that would not be legit.

Iowanian
05-10-2006, 08:44 AM
It also doesn't make much sense to me that they'd PAY you $500, when I just put a winshield in my truck for 300.

e_train69
05-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Iowanian

It's a very big crack across the windshield.

I too think it sounds a little shakey, and curious if it is legal. I think they probably charge the insurance company about $900 bucks and give you $500.

I think I will just go with my old reliable body shop.

Iowanian
05-10-2006, 08:57 AM
If you don't have someone you really trust, shop around. There could be a pretty significant difference in price and installation from one shop to another.

ct
05-10-2006, 09:00 AM

I too think it sounds a little shakey, and curious if it is legal. I think they probably charge the insurance company about $900 bucks and give you $500.

That is my point. Stay away, far away!

Rain Man
05-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Not sure who does the windshield.

I had mine done years ago, within 6 months it leaked around seal later in heavy rain. Just drips but right on driver seat. Always had to carry a towel incase of rain to put on seat. They would not fix it free.

Make sure they put on enough seal goop....

The only time I ever had to replace a windshield, the exact same thing happened. I took it back several times, and they could never seem to fix it. (Why was it so hard? More goop!) I finally just gave up and knew that a heavy rain would put water on driver and/or driver's seat. I also figured out that there was one angle at the car wash that would literally pour water inside the car.