PDA

View Full Version : Is Rain Man actually Scott Adams?

RealSNR
05-10-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't know why. Maybe it's the dorkiness they exhibit in writing. Or the business stories or the things mentioned by them. But I just got done reading "The Way of the Weasel" and Scott Adams' writing style reminds me a lot of Rain Man's.

Dunno. You decide.

chiefsfaninNC
05-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Rain Man will be on Science Channel next week. Looks like a dork to me!

MOhillbilly
05-10-2006, 03:37 PM
rainman pmd me saying hell pay me in beer to kill all the people who call him a dork in this thread.

im sharpening my ax.

58-4ever
05-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Soon you'll be too drunk weild an ax. Rainman is a dork.

RealSNR
05-10-2006, 03:46 PM
rainman pmd me saying hell pay me in beer to kill all the people who call him a dork in this thread.

im sharpening my ax.Are you his henchman?

Rain Man
05-10-2006, 04:14 PM
I think SNR is Bil Keane. Does anyone else think SNR is Bil Keane?

Mr. Kotter
05-10-2006, 04:16 PM

SNR is Homer Simpson.

58-4ever
05-10-2006, 04:17 PM

A mix of Bil Keane and Phil Margera.

RealSNR
05-10-2006, 05:05 PM
I think SNR is Bil Keane. Does anyone else think SNR is Bil Keane?I take offense to that.

Rain Man
05-10-2006, 05:19 PM
I take offense to that.

He's a very successful cartoonist. He's an icon of our times. He's more well-known than 95 percent of cartoonists. What's not to like, other than of course the cartoons?

AustinChief
05-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I take offense to that.http://www.thefunny.org/images/familycircus7.jpg

AustinChief
05-10-2006, 05:37 PM
http://www.thefunny.org/images/familycircus44.jpg
http://www.thefunny.org/images/familycircus61.jpg

Calcountry
05-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Soon you'll be too drunk weild an ax. Rainman is a dork.ROFL

Hammock Parties
05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
SNR, are you another version of me in a parrallel universe? I just got done reading way of the weasel. I not only share your theory, but I believe FAX and Gaz are also Rain Man. Or perhaps they are his alternate universe doubles.

I started reading the Joy of Work last night. I downloaded and read God's Debris (it's short so it only took a couple of hours).

Rain Man
05-10-2006, 08:36 PM
ROFL

Hey! Stop laughing! I mean it! Stop laughing!

RealSNR
05-10-2006, 09:53 PM
He's a very successful cartoonist. He's an icon of our times. He's more well-known than 95 percent of cartoonists. What's not to like, other than of course the cartoons?That's like comparing Bruce Springsteen to Jimi Hendrix. I wonder who the better musician was...

Or, if you're Halfcan, it's like comparing Bruce Springsteen to Geddy Lee

RealSNR
05-10-2006, 10:07 PM
SNR, are you another version of me in a parrallel universe? I just got done reading way of the weasel. I not only share your theory, but I believe FAX and Gaz are also Rain Man. Or perhaps they are his alternate universe doubles.

I started reading the Joy of Work last night. I downloaded and read God's Debris (it's short so it only took a couple of hours).Scott Adams is a genius. The Dilbert products the comic puts out has probably made a lot more money for him than those annoying suction-cup Garfields for Jim Davis

Hammock Parties
05-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Scott Adams is a genius. The Dilbert products the comic puts out has probably made a lot more money for him than those annoying suction-cup Garfields for Jim Davis

No argument here. He even has his own fast food product (dilberito.com) and restaurant (staceyscafe.com). The menu at the restaurant is hilarious, BTW.

Of course, he is bald and plain-looking. Genius has it's price, I suppose.

Halfcan
05-11-2006, 12:17 AM
That's like comparing Bruce Springsteen to Jimi Hendrix. I wonder who the better musician was...

Or, if you're Halfcan, it's like comparing Bruce Springsteen to Geddy Lee

I think you post more about Geddy Lee-(the greatest singer and bass player ever)- than I do-a closet fan know doubt!