PDA

View Full Version : Royals Contacted 3 Top Asst GMs but turned down due to...

teedubya
05-10-2006, 05:28 PM
David Glass stated that Player personnel will still go through Dan Glass... so all three of the candidates turned the Royals down.

This was according to 610 sports this afternoon.

Dan Glass doesnt know shit, and for him to be the be-all end-all for the Royals personnel is ****ing stoopid. David Glass needs to wake the **** up. Its okay to have your baby boy as "president" of the AAA KC Royals... but leave teh baseball decisions up to baseball experts.

Hire someone, and lets not handcuff them... Dan ****ing Glass? Are you kidding me?

58-4ever
05-10-2006, 05:30 PM
****, just when you think it can't get worse.

Sure-Oz
05-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Dan Glass is a total douche and needs to stick to the business side, give the GM all the power, this better be a damn joke....

teedubya
05-10-2006, 05:36 PM
not a joke according to Neal and Marty, and Water Buffalo Rhonda.

Sure-Oz
05-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Water Buffalo Rhonda.
but she's funny!

Seriously though, that will piss me off if Glass is part of this BS.

FringeNC
05-10-2006, 06:00 PM
If that is true, the situation is much more hopeless than I imagined. The Royals may as well fold.

milkman
05-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Maybe the Royals can get a WalMart district manager to take the GM post.

I can't see that they'd be any worse off.

alnorth
05-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey, maybe they can hire me. For a GM salary, I'll report to Dan Glass or whoever the hell they want, and do the best I can.

nychief
05-10-2006, 06:10 PM
I really hope this is not the case. Nepotism is one thing, but Dan Glass should be a owner in waiting - not a de facto GM.

tk13
05-10-2006, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Dan Glass sticks his nose in there quite a bit already. I'm afraid they're going to give him more power than he deserves when they ditch Allard.

CoMoChief
05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Well heres a cheers to another decade of being the laughing stock of MLB.

I refuse to give the Royals any of my money at all until they start improving and become somewhat competitive

ChiefsCountry
05-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Maybe Baird isnt the joke we thought he was.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Maybe Baird isnt the joke we thought he was.Many of us don't believe he is a joke. Baird has done a pretty good job, given the situation. His worst trade came at the request of the owner. He may need new scouts in terms of the draft, but he's been pretty good via trades (he got Huber and Bautista for NOTHING).

BSwhatever,
nobody cares if you're a fan.

ChiefsCountry
05-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Many of us don't believe he is a joke. Baird has done a pretty good job, given the situation. His worst trade came at the request of the owner. He may need new scouts in terms of the draft, but he's been pretty good via trades (he got Huber and Bautista for NOTHING).

BSwhatever,
nobody cares if you're a fan.

Makes more sense now that I know Glass is meddling in the business.

gblowfish
05-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Even with this sweep, the Kanchos are still just one game back of the Chisox with the second best record in baseball at 22-10!
Go Kanchos!
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Royals2006-1.html

Reaper16
05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
If this is true then there is no hope for the franchise. None.

morphius
05-10-2006, 06:57 PM
So let me get this right, we are complaining because Glass wants to know about things before they happen? Big damn deal...

I'm not a fan of Glass as a Royals owner, never have been, but wanting to know what is going on is better then not caring at all...

Reaper16
05-10-2006, 07:03 PM
So let me get this right, we are complaining because Glass wants to know about things before they happen? Big damn deal...

I'm not a fan of Glass as a Royals owner, never have been, but wanting to know what is going on is better then not caring at all...
Wrong! David Glass has handicapped Allard Baird on some trades that Allard had lined up. It's not that he simply wants to know, it's that he has to be part of the decision making process. No good GM would want to work like that.

nychief
05-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Wrong! David Glass has handicapped Allard Baird on some trades that Allard had lined up. It's not that he simply wants to know, it's that he has to be part of the decision making process. No good GM would want to work like that.

non of those trades have been confirmed. Did dan glass get in the way of the Beltran deal? the dye deal? the damon deal? Baird is a ****ing moron.

gm

tk13
05-10-2006, 07:11 PM

He definitely vetoed a Joe Randa trade, and there have been all kinds of rumors that he's voted down or kept Baird from trading Mike Sweeney. He also ordered Baird to increase payroll this offseason even though Baird was saying we're probably a year or two away still in interviews. There have been other rumors but I don't know how accurate those are.

Now Baird hasn't knocked them out of the park on those major trades, but... in terms of hiring someone new, he's probably gonna see that and not like the idea of a trade being vetoed if he thinks it could help the team.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2006, 07:14 PM
non of those trades have been confirmed. Did dan glass get in the way of the Beltran deal? the dye deal? the damon deal? Baird is a ****ing moron.

gmSources inside the Royals confirmed that the Dye deal was largely owner driven. Regarding the others, I don't know.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2006, 07:16 PM
He definitely vetoed a Joe Randa trade, and there have been all kinds of rumors that he's voted down or kept Baird from trading Mike Sweeney. He also ordered Baird to increase payroll this offseason even though Baird was saying we're probably a year or two away still in interviews. There have been other rumors but I don't know how accurate those are.

Now Baird hasn't knocked them out of the park on those major trades, but... in terms of hiring someone new, he's probably gonna see that and not like the idea of a trade being vetoed if he thinks it could help the team.Damn, if we could have received a decent prospect for either of those two, it's terrible that a deal wasn't done. Glass needs to get the f*ck out of Baird's way.

Bowser
05-10-2006, 07:16 PM
This team is like a turd in a punchbowl.

Sad, really. If the Royals were even the least bit competitive, say a steady.500-.550 every year, they could almost draw the attention the Chiefs do.

Sure-Oz
05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Sources inside the Royals confirmed that the Dye deal was largely owner driven. Regarding the others, I don't know.
Dye for Perez, QUALITY for QUALITY.....the worst trade ever...

Jesus
05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
The Glass family has used up all their luck and good will with Wal-mart.

KChiefs1
05-10-2006, 07:22 PM
so everyone is now believing everything Rhonda Moss is reporting nowadays?

tk13
05-10-2006, 07:28 PM
so everyone is now believing everything Rhonda Moss is reporting nowadays?
That's definitely questionable. Although everything I've ever read would indicate that Dan Glass has a say in what goes on. Both 610 and 810 allude to that from what I read. There was a thread over on the Royals site about that the other day. Apparently Bob Fescoe was talking about it. Said Baird originally wanted to get Shannon Stewart in return for Dye but Glass nixed it, had to settle for Neifi. Supposedly he wanted to send Sweeney to Texas and get Kevin Mench, etc... I don't know how accurate those are, although Petro and others seem to indicate Glass has a say in what goes on. The fact that we've been bracing for "changes" for a week with no result doesn't hurt that hypothesis.

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 07:30 PM

No, not caring at all is pretty damn appealing.

chief2000
05-10-2006, 07:43 PM
This needs way more coverage.

First I have heard of this.

Could explain good 20% of suckage.

nychief
05-10-2006, 07:45 PM
We should hire Ty Law as General Manager.

Bowser
05-10-2006, 07:46 PM

He'd sure as hell spend money.

milkman
05-10-2006, 07:56 PM

The Royals couldn't afford him.

58-4ever
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Steve Phillips will do a better job than Baird, right? :hmmm:

Reaper16
05-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Apparantly, Phillips gets total control. Why wasn't this offered to the assistant GMs of the Indians and Braves (who surely were interviewed)??

Sure-Oz
05-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Apparantly, Phillips gets total control. Why wasn't this offered to the assistant GMs of the Indians and Braves (who surely were interviewed)??
Where did you hear about Steve Phillips? That guy cracked me up in the ESPN mock conferences.

Reaper16
05-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Where did you hear about Steve Phillips? That guy cracked me up in the ESPN mock conferences.
Apparantly, ESPN reported it during thier Barry Bonds, err, Giants/Cubs telecast.