PDA

View Full Version : Look at all the shitty threads

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Man, this place is dead. 7 minute intervals betweens posts. It is due to shitty threads. What we need is a consistent 100 post thread creator to keep us entertained. We should pay top dollar to get one.

nychief
05-10-2006, 08:00 PM
more poop threads, or madness threads...

Bowser
05-10-2006, 08:00 PM
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/irony

58-4ever
05-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I hope this one reaches 99 and dies. :harumph:

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Skip's starting to get on my nerves.
Donger has always gotten on my nerves. Which women are hitting on him now? The airplane girl, the hotel desk clerk girl, the girl next door? Yes, all women want Donger, according to Donger.

Buster's Dad
05-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Man, this place is dead. 7 minute intervals betweens posts. It is due to shitty threads. What we need is a consistent 100 post thread creator to keep us entertained. We should pay top dollar to get one.

I'll donate .50cents, if nothing else maybe you just go home. Ok. ? :clap:

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah, Donger's ego is ridiculous... plus he rarely takes showers. That guy has been eliminated from my Chiefsplanet experience, long ago.
Me too. His neighbors are all afraid of him too. He must be Billy Badass.

OldTownChief
05-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Just wondering. Doesn't GoChiefs sig violate the sig policy? "200 pixels tall by 650 pixels wide is more than enough screen real estate for you to express you individuality. That dimension includes your graphics AND any witty text you want to share.

Reaper16
05-10-2006, 08:19 PM
It's about 20 pixels too wide. It's all text, though. Give me a break.
rofl @ new avatar

Donger
05-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Donger has always gotten on my nerves. Which women are hitting on him now? The airplane girl, the hotel desk clerk girl, the girl next door? Yes, all women want Donger, according to Donger.

More often than not, it's homosexual men, with the occasional female thrown in.

Donger
05-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah, Donger's ego is ridiculous... plus he rarely takes showers. That guy has been eliminated from my Chiefsplanet experience, long ago.

Ego? Really?

OldTownChief
05-10-2006, 08:34 PM
My signature scales according to your resolution. It's a neat function of the BB.

1024 x 768 is a pretty standard resolution and at that resolution your sig is clearly outside the set policy.

OldTownChief
05-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Actually you are correct I should make the first quote two lines. Thanks for your input honeycakes.

Thats better. It still looks pretty stupid tho.

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Actually you are correct I should make the first quote two lines. Thanks for your input honeycakes.
You two need to get a room.

Bowser
05-10-2006, 08:39 PM

Just give up the room you and Ali have been sharing.

Rain Man
05-10-2006, 08:41 PM

Can I have the macadamias from the honor bar?

OldTownChief
05-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Can I have the macadamias from the honor bar?

Nobody gets my nuts.

Logical
05-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey Skip, you do know if all the threads that were lost to fix the database were still here you would not be the leader of 100 post threads, right?

Although your record is impressive of late, it is born of your high level of activity in the time period the database exists for, nice work old man. But don't let your head swell too big.

OldTownChief
05-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey Skip, you do know if all the threads that were lost to fix the database were still here you would not be the leader of 100 post threads, right?

Who is it?

Donger
05-10-2006, 09:05 PM

Although your record is impressive of late, it is born of your high level of activity in the time period the database exists for, nice work old man. But don't let your head swell too big.

ROFL

There goes Skip, off to sharpen up some LNBs for the ritual suicide. I'm betting one is named Charlie and the other Ergen.

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 09:08 PM

You don't know what you are talking about. My entire 2002 and 2003 have been totally wiped from the database. I've always had a huge lead. I can't even find my closest competitor, can you? If you don't think I'm the leader, who do you think is?

el borracho
05-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Dude, you lost me.
I might be wrong but I think it is more of that TOS code.

Halfcan
05-10-2006, 09:10 PM
10,000 post threads-that is impressive. Who leads that category?

Donger
05-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Dude, you lost me.

It's not that complicated. www.google.com

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 09:14 PM
10,000 post threads-that is impressive. Who leads that category?
Probably Big Daddy. Sex sells.

Donger
05-10-2006, 09:26 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. My entire 2002 and 2003 have been totally wiped from the database. I've always had a huge lead. I can't even find my closest competitor, can you? If you don't think I'm the leader, who do you think is?

A question for you, Skip: do you really care or are you just being silly about this?

Donger
05-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Skip was the biggest fan of Chiefsplanet Madness. He cares a great deal.

Ah. Rather clever of you, young padawan.

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 09:52 PM
A question for you, Skip: do you really care or are you just being silly about this?
Actually, it has kind of evolved from the post count. Everyone has always assumed that a superior post count equalled superior status on the board. Yet any idiot can put up a lot of posts. The last time I counted we had 75 posters with more than 10,000 posts. I'm sure that number has increased since then. But creating popular threads, which drive a bulletin board, is much harder to do. When I got on this board, more than 5 years ago, a thread had to stay on the front page for 3 days on average to reach the 100 post milestone. It is easier to do today with all the new members (n00bs). And I have found that the folks that worry most about 100 post threads are those that have the least of them. Just yesterday I had to point that out in a thread that included worriers JSP and Zach. Well, JSP has 7 and Zach has 17. Compared to my 75. I'm going to go check yours and I'll bet you are waaay down the list as well. I'll get back to you on this after I count yours.

OldTownChief
05-10-2006, 09:54 PM
How many do I have? I only remember 1.

Donger
05-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Actually, it has kind of evolved from the post count. Everyone has always assumed that a superior post count equalled superior status on the board. Yet any idiot can put up a lot of posts. The last time I counted we had 75 posters with more than 10,000 posts. I'm sure that number has increased since then. But creating popular threads, which drive a bulletin board, is much harder to do. When I got on this board, more than 5 years ago, a thread had to stay on the front page for 3 days on average to reach the 100 post milestone. It is easier to do today with all the new members (n00bs). And I have found that the folks that worry most about 100 post threads are those that have the least of them. Just yesterday I had to point that out in a thread that included worriers JSP and Zach. Well, JSP has 7 and Zach has 17. Compared to my 75. I'm going to go check yours and I'll bet you are waaay down the list as well. I'll get back to you on this after I count yours.

Okay. So it apparently really is important to you. That's all I was asking.

As to how many I have, I don't really care. After all, someone like chiefs4me could post a daily thread that would probably exceed 100 posts if she wanted to. I'm not sure sure what credence that gives, however.

OldTownChief
05-10-2006, 09:58 PM
How many do I have? I only remember 1.

Nevermind. I just checked, I have 2.

Bowser
05-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Just give up the room you and Ali have been sharing.

ROFL

And this draws the neg rep wrath of local fugga Hali Chi3fs. Heh.

OldTownChief
05-10-2006, 10:02 PM
As to how many I have, I don't really care.

You have around 20 and a shitload that are 85+.

Donger
05-10-2006, 10:05 PM
How true.

I think the indicator of quality in a thread lies elsewhere than the number of replies.

For instance, both myself and tk13 have posted dozens of articles from kansascity.com. Most of those threads don't even get close to 100 replies.

Perhaps a thread's count should be minused by the number of unnecessary smilies therein?

Loki
05-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Dude, you lost me.
LNB's (low noise blocker) - the amplifier that sits at the end of the satellite dish and receives the signal from (space) satellites. also converts the incoming signal to frequencies used by the reciever connected to the tv inside the house.

http://www.antennastar.com/directv-imgs/hardware/triple-lnb.png

dish reflects the signal to the LNB at the end of the arm.

diggit?

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Okay. So it apparently really is important to you. That's all I was asking.

As to how many I have, I don't really care. After all, someone like chiefs4me could post a daily thread that would probably exceed 100 posts if she wanted to. I'm not sure sure what credence that gives, however.
So you think it is easy to do? OK then do it. I'm watching. Prove me wrong with something other than your ego and your mouth. Then do it 75 times.

Logical
05-10-2006, 10:13 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. My entire 2002 and 2003 have been totally wiped from the database. I've always had a huge lead. I can't even find my closest competitor, can you? If you don't think I'm the leader, who do you think is?Some likely candidates since obviously I cannot prove my point.

Rain Man is the most likely (he has 55 since the database dump and has been a consistent creator of quality threads)

GoChiefs (in all his incarnations) he currently has 72

also TJ who has 57 currently

Then in no particular order:
Big Daddy 44
Phobia
Russ
Vlad Logicslav/Logical (I have 47 currently)
tk13
jAZ
memyselfi 38
Mr. Kotter 52

I am not saying they would all be ahead of you but I would say there are three definites and at least 4 others out of those 8 who would.

Heck Skip you have to admit you are much more active on the BB since 2005 started, you were not even among the first page (top 25) of posters in quantity at the beginning of 2005 and now you are in the top 10 (currently 8th if you ignore Herzig's incorrect total)

teedubya
05-10-2006, 10:13 PM
ROFL

And this draws the neg rep wrath of local fugga Hali Chi3fs. Heh.

:) and did you like my new generic comment? heh.

Bowser
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
:) and did you like my new generic comment? heh.

Very unoriginal, I must admit......

Donger
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
So you think it is easy to do? OK then do it. I'm watching. Prove me wrong with something other than your ego and your mouth.

You don't understand. My ego doesn't require me to compete in such an insignificant and, sorry, pathetic contest. This place isn't that important to me and even if it were, I wouldn't consider such an event worthwhile.

I come to ChiefsPlanet to chat about different subjects during the whole year and to learn more about football in general and specifically about the Chiefs during the season. The rest is mere minutia to me.

If that's ego to you, so be it.

tk13
05-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Customer associate, ego check, ego check, aisle Skip.[/echo echo echo]

Skip Towne
05-10-2006, 10:54 PM
You don't understand. My ego doesn't require me to compete in such an insignificant and, sorry, pathetic contest. This place isn't that important to me and even if it were, I wouldn't consider such an event worthwhile.

I come to ChiefsPlanet to chat about different subjects during the whole year and to learn more about football in general and specifically about the Chiefs during the season. The rest is mere minutia to me.

If that's ego to you, so be it.
Oh, yes I do understand. It is like when you were 10 and getting your ass kicked in a bicycle race. You then say " Oh, I wasn't racing" So you didn't win. If you don't compete in such insignificant contests, why are we even talking about this? Have you ever heard of "losers limp" well, buddy you have it. As insignifigant and pathetic as it is, you are pathetically trying to wimp out of it as is obvious to everybody but you. Whether you "consider such an event worthwhile" or not just shows how shallow you are. You're a little pissant that I have stayed off of but it looks like it's time to f*ck with you. BTW your'e trophy wife is about a 6 to me. You should bring her to a Planet get together at a game and you'll find yourself in about 7th place if that. Phobia and Stevieray have truly "trophy wives" that put yours to shame.

Donger
05-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Oh, yes I do understand. It is like when you were 10 and getting your ass kicked in a bicycle race. You then say " Oh, I wasn't racing" So you didn't win. If you don't compete in such insignificant contests, why are we even talking about this? Have you ever heard of "losers limp" well, buddy you have it. As insignifigant and pathetic as it is, you are pathetically trying to wimp out of it as is obvious to everybody but you. Whether you "consider such an event worthwhile" or not just shows how shallow you are. You're a little pissant that I have stayed off of but it looks like it's time to f*ck with you. BTW your'e trophy wife is about a 6 to me. You should bring her to a Planet get together at a game and you'll find yourself in about 7th place if that. Phobia and Stevieray have truly "trophy wives" that put yours to shame.

Wow. You really are serious about this? Okay.

I'm talking about this because I find your apparent 'need' for acceptance on ChiefsPlanet amusing and, at the same time, pathetic. If it meant more to me, I suppose I'd put as much time and energy as you seem to require to do. Since I do not, it's moot. It really is that simple.

J Diddy
05-11-2006, 12:33 AM
This place is 1 giant pissing match tonight.

Damn people suffering from football withdrawals

rad
05-11-2006, 06:14 AM
Heh, heh, hormones are cool, heh, heh

Skip Towne
05-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Some likely candidates since obviously I cannot prove my point.

Rain Man is the most likely (he has 55 since the database dump and has been a consistent creator of quality threads)

GoChiefs (in all his incarnations) he currently has 72

also TJ who has 57 currently

Then in no particular order:
Big Daddy 44
Phobia
Russ
Vlad Logicslav/Logical (I have 47 currently)
tk13
jAZ
memyselfi 38
Mr. Kotter 52

I am not saying they would all be ahead of you but I would say there are three definites and at least 4 others out of those 8 who would.

Heck Skip you have to admit you are much more active on the BB since 2005 started, you were not even among the first page (top 25) of posters in quantity at the beginning of 2005 and now you are in the top 10 (currently 8th if you ignore Herzig's incorrect total)
I don't know where you are getting your info but it is wrong. I have a print out of the top posters dated 10-1-04. I was 14th then with 17,758. If you want I can fax it to you. You were 4th at 34, 770.

teedubya
05-11-2006, 06:45 AM
I don't know where you are getting your info but it is wrong. I have a print out of the top posters dated 10-1-04. I was 14th then with 17,758. If you want I can fax it to you. You were 4th at 34, 770.

Damn you, VLAD... Skip takes his posting, VERY seriously. Please dont piss on his parade. Skip's posting is all he has, here, in the evening of his years.

Skip Towne
05-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Damn you, VLAD... Skip takes his posting, VERY seriously. Please dont piss on his parade. Skip's posting is all he has, here, in the evening of his years.
Go read what Dale Mercer said about you. It's beautiful. :p

teedubya
05-11-2006, 07:07 AM
Go read what Dale Mercer said about you. It's beautiful. :p

Yeah, he was posting venom, but PM'ing me flowers. Its all good. heh.

Logical
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM

Skip honestly you might be right my data was from when I first hit the top 5 and I don't have a date on it. In word I had created a table with the top 25 posters and then I cut and pasted it over here in a post (this was before I learned how to do screen saves). At the time you were not in the top 25. Since that post is no longer in the database it have been sometime before January of 2004 but not before December 2003 (timeframe when i first entered the top 5). No need to Fax me your data it just illustrates how much your posting has picked up in the past couple of years that you went from below 25 to 14th in less than or about 10 months and then from 14th to 8th in only 18 more months posting 22,000+. On the other hand my posting rate has dropped tremendously since I have only 12000+ posts in the 18+ months since October of O4 and I had posted 27000 posts the 18 months prior to that.

chiefs4me
05-11-2006, 08:58 PM
omg skip, this was about to drop off the front page.ROFL

greg63
05-11-2006, 09:00 PM
ROFL

I think you fit the bill Skip; can I be you're business partner? :D

greg63
05-11-2006, 09:01 PM
omg skip, this was about to drop off the front page.ROFL

Why, we can't have that; it hasn't made to 100 posts.....yet.

;)

greg63
05-11-2006, 09:08 PM
There's a unique way to boost your post count.

I just post a bunch of smilies; ask SNR. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2006, 09:09 PM
There's a unique way to boost your post count.

I just post a bunch of smilies; ask SNR. :D

I'm just helping the old codger get to 100

greg63
05-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm just helping the old codger get to 100

...Nearly there. We're just a few more one word posts away.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
...Nearly there. We're just a few more one word posts away.

what?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-11-2006, 09:20 PM
I don't understand.

go bo
05-11-2006, 09:27 PM
1024 x 768 is a pretty standard resolution and at that resolution your sig is clearly outside the set policy.wow, that's what i use too...

amazing coincidence...

chiefs4me
05-11-2006, 09:32 PM
wow, that's what i use too...

amazing coincidence...

Aren't you in the wrong thread??:D

greg63
05-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Nice smilie :)

Thanks!
:thumb:

Logical
05-11-2006, 09:35 PM
It is due to shitty threads. What we need is a consistent 100 post thread creator to keep us entertained. We should pay top dollar to get one.

LOL approaching 100, that Skip sure is a quality thread starter. But after all it is a thread about poop.:p

Donger
05-11-2006, 09:44 PM
This abortion still exists? Wow, I was wrong about Skip. I think he's wonderful!

greg63
05-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Focus everyone; just 5 posts away!

chiefs4me
05-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Focus everyone; just 5 pots away!

Pots??? Is that like a joint, or would that be like flower pots???:D

greg63
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Pots??? Is that like a joint, or would that be like flower pots???:D
ROFL
Ummmm, yeah that's it.

chiefs4me
05-11-2006, 10:04 PM
ROFL
Ummmm, yeah that's it.

okay...count me in!!:D

greg63
05-11-2006, 10:05 PM
okay...count me in!!:D

You're so there! :D

greg63
05-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Here it is folks 100!

greg63
05-11-2006, 10:41 PM
:D

:)

Nite Planet!

Logical
05-12-2006, 12:17 AM
LOL has a mod reduced the count so Skip's thread doesn't reach 100ROFL

Logical
05-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Here it is folks 100!Arr Arr maybe so.

Logical
05-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Hmmm maybe not. Maybe greg just misread the count.

Rausch
05-12-2006, 12:19 AM
LOL has a mod reduced the count so Skip's thread doesn't reach 100ROFL

Millimeters?

Oh, you mean.....oh.

Logical
05-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Millimeters?

Oh, you mean.....oh.This is kind of cool the 100th reply disappears the post before it. I wonder how they did this little trick.

Logical
05-12-2006, 12:22 AM
This is a cool trick I wish I had found the feature that makes it work when I was a moderator.

Hydrae
05-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Hmmm...all of gochiefs posts seem to be getting deleted.

No harm done then. :D

MOhillbilly
05-12-2006, 07:04 AM
i read all the way through this thread and all i got was a headache

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 04:06 PM
i read all the way through this thread and all i got was a headache

Nuprin. Little. Yellow. Different.

big nasty kcnut
05-12-2006, 04:10 PM
It's time for a beer or two or three.

big nasty kcnut
05-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Hey denver fans you suck.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Another quality 100 post thread by Skip. Good job bud. :toast:

Bowser
05-12-2006, 04:29 PM
It's probably best I'm not a mod. I'd have to lock all of Skip's threads between 95-99 posts, just to be an a-hole.

Donger
05-12-2006, 04:44 PM
You're a little pissant that I have stayed off of but it looks like it's time to f*ck with you.

Has anyone seen Skip? I'm still girding up my loins for his devasting and inevitable assault.

chiefs4me
05-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey denver fans you suck.

ROFL :D

Donger
05-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Heh. The Incredible Shrinking Thread.

chiefs4me
05-12-2006, 05:22 PM
wtf???

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 05:49 PM
ROFL ROFL I was wrong when I acclaimed the 100 post thread. That's brilliant :toast:

chiefs4me
05-12-2006, 07:21 PM
ROFL ROFL I was wrong when I acclaimed the 100 post thread. That's brilliant :toast:

let's do it again.....ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 08:04 PM
let's do it again.....ROFL

Do what?

chiefs4me
05-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Do what?

I meant let's make the thread go to 100 again..and see if it keeps happening, just think, we could have 10 pages with under a 100 posts.:D

chiefsfaninNC
05-12-2006, 08:20 PM
I meant let's make the thread go to 100 again..and see if it keeps happening, just think, we could have 10 pages with under a 100 posts.:D

Sort of like Deja vu?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 08:29 PM

good idea

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
yea....ROFL

Yeah what?

chiefs4me
05-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah what?

:banghead:

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 09:08 PM
99 bottles of beer on the wall,
99 bottles of beer, ...

take one down and pass it around...........100 bottles of beer on the wall?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 09:09 PM
:banghead:

ROFL I thought you understood I was........stalling I guess for a lack of better intranet terms.

milkman
05-12-2006, 10:22 PM
So Skip, are you trying to tell us the planet has lost it's burst?

greg63
05-12-2006, 11:32 PM

...Impossible; with Skip around.

SLAG
06-19-2006, 07:59 PM

The Planet had a burst?

Monkeylook4food
06-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Might as well give him yet another 100 post thread so the granite engraver can modify his headstone.

tommykat
06-19-2006, 08:19 PM
He is back.......:hmmm: You go with this Pastor Mike...As I would?ROFL

OldTownChief
06-19-2006, 08:20 PM
He is back.......:hmmm: You go with this Pastor Mike...As I would?ROFL

huh?

sedated
06-19-2006, 08:34 PM
At frst I thought GoChiefs was just being a petty bitch by deleting his posts.

but now I wish everyone would.

a thread bragging (bitching) about 100 post threads does not deserve 100 posts

(no matter how ancient the thread starter is)